• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Yeah, doesn't look that good, either. The new architecture sets might be more up your alley. I'm just starting to dabble in the LEGO arts, so I have no real clue.
I'm not loving the new architecture sets either, they're all on the lower end. I might get Big Ben. Sydney Opera House looks kinda funky.

I would love to see you guys add up all the money you end up spending on Lego-related products at the end of the year. I can only imagine the figure to be somewhat nearing an "illegal amount of money."

Looks like there's a ton of custom stuff in that Jabba kit.
I guess that's a plus if you're looking at resale down the road, just doesn't look like a ton of fun to build. I may still get it though, I have a nostalgic connection to it as the Jabba's Palace playset I had as a kid (not LEGO, just part of the regular toy line) was one of my favorites.

JabbatheHuttPlayset.jpg

Chairhome

I guess that's a plus if you're looking at resale down the road, just doesn't look like a ton of fun to build. I may still get it though, I have a nostalgic connection to it as the Jabba's Palace playset I had as a kid (not LEGO, just part of the regular toy line) was one of my favorites.

JabbatheHuttPlayset.jpg

I think I used to have that one, too! I remember the trap door under Jabba.

Just finished Ep107

Seriously? The sex vs food thing had to be thought about that much, hahaha.

Definitely keep the sex, as the extra help from the bland help would be that I'm more likely to lose weight if food doesn't taste so appealing

Great episode, by the way!!

Just throwing this out there. Now that Vitas are at Whiskey I hope you guys give it some coverage or talk about it on the podcast. I'm interested to hear your take and I hope you don't pass on it because giantbomb is covering it

Is a tear down still planned? All this building going on makes me want to watch Will destory carefully take apart something

bionic77

Ha! My wife just had the same thing happen to her iphone as well. Protip, gorilla glass is no match for a brick fireplace.
Yeah smartphones are not really baby friendly and if the glass is not tough enough to stand up to the mild abuse of an infant then it doesn't deserve the name gorilla glass.

def sim

So, the poster they sold last month? Totally not 18x36! Probably 24x36 if anything.

Shouldn't have bought a frame ahead of time. :/

willsmith

JabbatheHuttPlayset.jpg

I had the same playset. I didn't understand what the hooka was for though. I thought it was some sort of gun or toothpick. Also, I like that the collar is on Luke, not slave Leia. It's almost as though Kenner didn't want the playset with the giant hedonistic worm, the waterbong, and bondage gear to feature a scantily clad lady action figure too.

How about this one? When I first saw ROTJ I thought the dancer Jabba sends into the pit was somehow transformed into the frog thing he ate right after as a snack. Anyone else?

ArjanN

I had the same playset. I didn't understand what the hooka was for though. I thought it was some sort of gun or toothpick. Also, I like that the collar is on Luke, not slave Leia. It's almost as though Kenner didn't want the playset with the giant hedonistic worm, the waterbong, and bondage gear to feature a scantily clad lady action figure too.

The Jabba The Hut Action Playset clearly should have been nothing but slave Leia.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
When I saw the Luke vs Vader/Anakin fight in ROTJ for the first time, I thought Vader and Anakin were two different people, and kept wondering where the cool dude went. I think Palpatine confused me.

I was like 9 or something. Cut me some slack, will ya.

Azar

I had the RX-78 and God Gundam as a teenager, but those are boxed up in storage somewhere. They were pretty fun to build, but I didn't have a good place to display them back then. These superdeformed guys are perfect for the desk, and I think I spend $10 or $15 for the two of them. Zakus are the best.

LiK

I had the RX-78 and God Gundam as a teenager, but those are boxed up in storage somewhere. They were pretty fun to build, but I didn't have a good place to display them back then. These superdeformed guys are perfect for the desk, and I think I spend $10 or $15 for the two of them. Zakus are the best.

Yea, love the SD Gundams kits. I bought a ton of them for cheap when I was in Hong Kong. They sell them everywhere over there.

Thanks! Very exciting. :)

Gary, If Idle Thumbs is resurrected, would you be willing to be a guest on the podcast? There is a lot of crossover between the GB, Tested, and Thumbs podcasts. you'd already be working with Jake and Sean.

You might even get a nickname that people will forever remember.

Gary, If Idle Thumbs is resurrected, would you be willing to be a guest on the podcast? There is a lot of crossover between the GB, Tested, and Thumbs podcasts. you'd already be working with Jake and Sean.

You might even get a nickname that people will forever remember.
I have no idea what that is! What is it?

A gaming podcast that ended about a year ago. They've teased the return. At Telltale you might be in contact with two of the Idle Thumbs crew, Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman. Those two, along with Chris Remo, are all friends of GB.
Oh yeah I know those guys, I am working with them on TWD. Sean and I are on the Playing Dead couch next week! Had no idea they did a podcast!

Railer

Oh yeah I know those guys, I am working with them on TWD. Sean and I are on the Playing Dead couch next week! Had no idea they did a podcast!

Not just a podcast. The greatest gaming podcast ever imo. I've listened through the archives several times now and i really hope they start it up again now when Chris is back in SF.

Also, congratulations Gary on The Walking Dead gig!

Not just a podcast. The greatest gaming podcast ever imo. I've listened through the archives several times now and i really hope they start it up again now when Chris is back in SF.

Also, congratulations Gary on The Walking Dead gig!
Thanks! I'll have to ask those guys about it next time I'm at TTG.

Like all new Apple news all I really care about is the Tested reaction...

From Twitter said:
Will Smith
This is the first time they've stealth announced an OS, without some sort of event, in recent memory, isn't it?

Gary Whitta
@willsmith Looks like a pretty great upgrade too! AirPlay Mirroring is KILLER!

Will Smith
@garywhitta @nchan It's really too bad that people are tired of us talking about Apple stuff on the podcast.

Gary Whitta
@willsmith @nchan I was actually going to suggest an Apple-free podcast this week. So much for that LOL!

Will Smith
@garywhitta @nchan We should still do that. We can talk about the Apple stuff at lunch afterwards. Don't want to bore people.

What! Don't you freaking dare pass on discussing NEW news. Feel free to pass on any 12 month old rumors that are making rounds again this week though

What! Don't you freaking dare pass on discussing NEW news. Feel free to pass on any 12 month old rumors that are making rounds again this week though

Will was being sarcastically passive-aggressive. Sort of annoying, if I'm being honest. Just come out and tell the complainers to shut up.

eznark

Banned
Time stamps would solve the problem.

Also, would you rather go without the internet for a weekend or not talk about marginally important, incremental Apple improvements on the podcast for one week?

Speaking of Will being annoying. Its been a week since he promised a quick look of Chloe eating and its still not up. You can't promise a corgi video and not deliver! Thats just cruel

Time stamps would solve the problem.

Also, would you rather go without the internet for a weekend or not talk about marginally important, incremental Apple improvements on the podcast for one week?

The Slashfilmcast is the only podcast I listen to with time stamps. Very helpful for skipping discussion of films I have no interest in/avoiding spoilers. More podcasts should definitely do it.

eznark

Banned
The Slashfilmcast is the only podcast I listen to with time stamps. Very helpful for skipping discussion of films I have no interest in/avoiding spoilers. More podcasts should definitely do it.

I used to listen to some fansite Nintendo podcast (Nintendo World Report I think) that not only had their podcast broken up by timestamps but also skippable tracks. I have no idea how they did it or why no one else does it though. It was awesome.

My point exactly!

garywhitta: @willsmith @nchan We can't do that! Fuck the haters, I get talking about iPad 3 rumors for the millionth time but this is actual news!

Top Bottom