• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Heel

I don't know how Gary, Will and Norm can deal with being nitpicked and criticized over their opinions, mannerisms, personalities etc. on a day-to-day basis. Some of this stuff is ridiculous and I would've gone crazy being under that microscope a long time ago. I mean, I remember reading a post on here giving Norm flack for the way he looks at Will. Really?

I guess it comes with the territory, but you guys have some incredibly thick skin. Giant Bomb has it just as bad. I just wanted to say hang in there and that you're appreciated! :)

'You've made this day a special day by just your being you. There's no person in the whole world like you. And I like you just the way you are.'

rogers_zoom.jpg

willsmith

I don't know how Gary, Will and Norm can deal with being nitpicked and criticized over their opinions, mannerisms, personalities etc. on a day-to-day basis. Some of this stuff is ridiculous and I would've gone crazy being under that microscope a long time ago. I mean, I remember reading a post on here giving Norm flack for the way he looks at Will. Really?

I guess it comes with the territory, but you guys have some incredibly thick skin. Giant Bomb has it just as bad. I just wanted to say hang in there and that you're appreciated! :)

'You've made this day a special day by just your being you. There's no person in the whole world like you. And I like you just the way you are.'

rogers_zoom.jpg

It comes with the territory, but thanks :)

rogers_zoom.jpg

Which is why 'neutral zone' gaf is always the best place to chill! Well, Tested thread here is better than GB threads for the most part ;P

So much apple talk!!! Woooo. Speaking of apple. How much longer until macbooks are just called ipad+keyboard ?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im of the opinion that Tested and Giantbomb should have a bit more crossover. Whenever Will is on the bombcast (or even when he did that Disneyland Kinect Quicklook) its always a plus. And Whitta on TNT was fun too

Its clear they take all their rage out on poor Wes, Matt and Ryan. Will probably has a whip he snaps at his phone. "We need more articles damn it! You listening Wes?!?!"

Azar

Its clear they take all their rage out on poor Wes, Matt and Ryan. Will probably has a whip he snaps at his phone. "We need more articles damn it! You listening Wes?!?!"
Will's tirade against a gas pump on the way back from Vegas was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, so more articles is the least I can provide.

Jintor

Holy fuck Gary going on about indoctrinating his kid from the moment of birth in the ways of Apple was one of the most hilariously disgusting things I've ever visualised.

Damn you Whitta

I'm not seeing anything in Mountain Lion that I can't already do in the various Google products. I don't understand the excitement. I have a MacBook Air and an Android phone, so it's all useless to me. Even so, I don't think we should be applauding more closing of the system; being able to access your info from ANY device (like I can with Google cloud services) is so much more enticing. Not getting the excitement for this update, but I guess someone who is in the Apple ecosystem would be all over it.

Also, Will's subtle trolling is sublime. :)

was listening to the podcast on the way home and I had a idea.

Why dont they do pc/mac programs on app of the day?

I am sure there are a bunch of cheap programs out there that could improve peoples computing experience that they could give some attention to. Just have it for cheap programs and free open source stuff.

Would be easy enough to record and they already have PC's and Mac's around the office so it wont cost extra.

Or they could also just buy one of those sony or samsung android phones with video output but buying lego probably made more sense at the time.

I just think they could be doing more with that feature then random iOS stuff. I havent watched in months and judging from the youtube numbers it could use a boost.

I am sure there are a bunch of cheap programs out there that could improve peoples computing experience that they could give some attention to. Just have it for cheap programs and free open source stuff.

Would be easy enough to record and they already have PC's and Mac's around the office so it wont cost extra.

Or they could also just buy one of those sony or samsung android phones with video output but buying lego probably made more sense at the time.

I just think they could be doing more with that feature then random iOS stuff. I havent watched in months and judging from the youtube numbers it could use a boost.

There is more of a community around recommending iOS and Android apps than PC/Mac programs, so App of the Day is a good way to latch on to that. On GAF alone, the iOS gaming thread is now on its forth thread - which means 60,000+ post over a few years.

Also, it would probably be very hard to get excited for a video about a PC programs. Even when Will and Norm do a non-gaming iOS App, they seem tonally different (less excited) in the video. Doing productivity programs on PC/Mac would probably be a step down from that again.

I think the segment is fine the way it is, as it targets an audience that is used to getting recommendations for what they should buy. I will say that I liked the weekly incarnation of the series better though.

Harder to cover.
Does not get as many clicks.
Does cost more than 0.99 cents.
It looks like Gary just went to target and basically paid for his child's college.
IN LEGO :p. (seriously Gary you need to stop it now, I know your not stupid but come on your going to have a kid stop spending money on stuff you do not really need right now).

wetwired

Harder to cover.
Does not get as many clicks.
Does cost more than 0.99 cents.

IN LEGO :p. (seriously Gary you need to stop it now, I know your not stupid but come on your going to have a kid stop spending money on stuff you do not really need right now).

As the father of a 2.5 year old and 4 month old and a LEGO lover, BUY THIS SHIT NOW WHILE YOU HAVE THE MONEY AND THE TIME TO APPRECIATE IT.

eznark

Banned
I really hope my kid goes to a college that costs more than $100.

What happened to LEGO as investment vehicle?? Who knows what they will be worth in 18 years.

Target > T Rowe Price

(wasn't questioning how you spend your income, was joking about your LEGO discussion from this week)

Gary should make a guess at what Collage would be like at that point - it terms of techness? Will regular books be 100% gone, will the move to e/iBooks be complete. Will the total weight of stuff students carry around be under 1lb? Will pencils exist?

eznark

Banned
Gary should make a guess at what Collage would be like at that point - it terms of techness? Will regular books be 100% gone, will the move to e/iBooks be complete. Will the total weight of stuff students carry around be under 1lb? Will pencils exist?

Campuses will only be for guys like 1% Norm. All other kids will go to school in Activisions World of Collegecraft. Kotick will teach every class.

It is only part of Azar's memory, as he experienced it live and in person. Sadly, I cannot remember which member of the Tested alumni he is, as my memory is bad... I am gonna guess Wesley!

The tirade seems like an awesome thing to experience. I think this the third time it has been brought up without details!

willsmith

It is only part of Azar's memory, as he experienced it live and in person. Sadly, I cannot remember which member of the Tested alumni he is, as my memory is bad... I am gonna guess Wesley!

The tirade seems like an awesome thing to experience. I think this the third time it has been brought up without details!

Honestly, it was such a bad gas pump that it made me completely reevaluate what I thought of as a bad gas pump. It's the worst one I've ever seen, which has got to put it somewhere in the bottom 0.001%, assuming I've stopped once a week for gas for the last 20 years.

Of course, this also means that, somewhere out there, there's a pump that's every bit as good a pump as this one is bad. And by damned, I'm going to find that pump.

Oppo

I just submitted an audio question about standing desks, we'll see if it gets in.

I'll tell you one thing, my question's audio quality does not sound like ass. :) Also I managed to keep it to 1:03.
I'm always kind of amazed each week when they say how many they had to reject due to not following the spec, it's not that hard.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

Thirded.

Stuff gets interesting and then it gets headed off.

Admittedly, I don't really visit the site much (yet), so maybe I'm not a reasonable representation of what the majority of your audience want, but it seems to me that if you're going to listen to guys talk about this stuff for over two hours a week, you're far enough down the rabbit hole to be super into the low-level industry stuff.

GavinGT

Banned
the gas pump I used the other day sprayed about a gallon of gasoline all over me, with another gallon leaking onto the ground below me. The attendant wouldn't even give me a refund for the leaked gasoline or access to the bathroom to clean up. I can't imagine a worse gas pump than that one.

newjeruse

Gary is actually much more tolerant of non-Apple products than Will, even though Gary has the well-deserved reputation of being an Apple fanboy.

I will argue people Norm's age had it harder - growing up in a house with one computer was worse then growing up in a house with one TV. Once you discover the "adult" side of the internet you can never go back

Of course 1% Norm was probably rolling in extra computers

It's an opinion show where we discuss the news and events that are interesting to us. We don't claim to be the publication of record. OPINION is the important word.

In the year 2012, Apple is one of a very small number of vendors doing interesting things with personal computers. Their share of the personal computer market continues to increase as a result. That's why we talk about them, and that's why we'll continue to talk about them.

If you want to hear from people who think its 1995 still, that RISC vs CISC is a relevant topic, and Steve Jobs is the devil, there are plenty of podcasts out there for you. That's the beauty of the internet. In the meantime, we'll keep talking about the relevant tech we're interested in without concern for iconoclastic wankery.

Generally the overreaching topics of the show are spot on in both relevance and how interesting they are. Some specifics shows have been filled with apple wank, for good reason, around releases of new apple products and services.

In other news, the lytro should be coming out relatively soon. Hearing about that product from the lot of you would be great.

Cronen

Posted this in the Giant Bomb thread but thought that I would post it on here as well.

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have experience this issue and/or know how to resolve it.

Since last night I've not been able to watch any video on any of Whiskey Media's websites. I've tried progressive and streaming, HD, High and Low and had no luck what so ever. The video just stays at a black screen. Before last night the websites have been perfect, no problems whatsoever.

The only way I've been able to watch anything is by using HTML5 but I've found that it's a bit iffy, and I would rather watch on Progressive/HD.

Video sites like YouTube and GameTrailers work flawlessly, so it has to be something with the video players on the site.

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks!

Posted this in the Giant Bomb thread but thought that I would post it on here as well.

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have experience this issue and/or know how to resolve it.

Since last night I've not been able to watch any video on any of Whiskey Media's websites. I've tried progressive and streaming, HD, High and Low and had no luck what so ever. The video just stays at a black screen. Before last night the websites have been perfect, no problems whatsoever.

The only way I've been able to watch anything is by using HTML5 but I've found that it's a bit iffy, and I would rather watch on Progressive/HD.

Video sites like YouTube and GameTrailers work flawlessly, so it has to be something with the video players on the site.

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks!

Your best bet is to message Dave on the site with the details.

Top Bottom