• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Chuck

Still without luck
I think I've already asked like 6 or 7 times, but what does lean into it if it's racist mean?
Will used to very frequently use the phrase "Lean into it" on the podcast, meaning to commit to something more so than before. Thankfully, he's tried cutting back his use of it.

Another phrase commonly used on the podcast has been "That's Racist!" used whenever someone was being slightly racist, or just whenever they would mention the different colors of pretty much anything.

Eznark brought the two together to form what is now our thread subtitle.

panda21

Does it make any difference? I'm a little tempted to do a test.

I have no idea about the quality of the tea but there is something deeply off putting about having a soggy tea bag floundering in a sad little puddle of browning milk before you rescue it with some boiling water. it looks like an unfinished poop session, the kind of thing you might come across in a public toilet.

I've been sick all week. Pretty sure it's strep throat, going to the doctor this AM, if they'll squeeze me in.
15103731.jpg

I have no idea about the quality of the tea but there is something deeply off putting about having a soggy tea bag floundering in a sad little puddle of browning milk before you rescue it with some boiling water. it looks like an unfinished poop session, the kind of thing you might come across in a public toilet.

I think this reveals more about your psyche than it does the method.

Recon

Banned
They really werent shitting on the Vita. Every complaint they had was legitimate. Sony was too busy throwing everything they could find into the Vita( Backtouch? Seriously?) that they never stopped to ask if it was a good idea. Their realization of the vita launch being almost the same as the psp was funny.

They really werent shitting on the Vita. Every complaint they had was legitimate. Sony was too busy throwing everything they could find into the Vita( Backtouch? Seriously?) that they never stopped to ask if it was a good idea. Their realization of the vita launch being almost the same as the psp was funny.

There is nothing wrong with having backtouch there, it is an inexpensive addition to hardware that could be used well down the line - and FIFA already made good use of it out of the gate.

The only problem with backtouch right now is that Sony seems to have mandated that everyone try to show it of in the launch like up - and many companies have used it for stupid features. It is more or less the same as what happen with Sixaxis at the PS3 launch. It was pointless in Resistance and Uncharted - but along came Flower, and it made people glad it was included on the platform.

There is nothing wrong with having backtouch there, it is an inexpensive addition to hardware that could be used well down the line - and FIFA already made good use of it out of the gate.

The only problem with backtouch right now is that Sony seems to have mandated that everyone try to show it of in the launch like up - and many companies have used it for stupid features. It is more or less the same as what happen with Sixaxis at the PS3 launch. It was pointless in Resistance and Uncharted - but along came Flower, and it made people glad it was included on the platform.
I think that's pretty much exactly what we said. Jeff pointed out that the backtouch works great with FIFA but feels shoe-horned into many launch titles the same way Sixaxis tilt controls were with early PS3 titles.

Recon

Banned
I think that's pretty much exactly what we said. Jeff pointed out that the backtouch works great with FIFA but feels shoe-horned into many launch titles the same way Sixaxis tilt controls were with early PS3 titles.

Agreed that it can work great. But like you said, Sony is forcing it to be used when traditional controls can work fine. I dont find touch for the sake of touch to be useful in any situation. The part about the cleaning off the skull in uncharted is spot on.

That's good to hear. I was only 10 minutes into the podcast at the time - and was just responding to the comment, and did not hear what the Tested consensus was yet. I personally think any added feature on any piece of tech is worthwhile - as long as it is not pushing the price up too much (and I don't think backtouch is something that raises the price of the Vita significantly).

Even if only a small percentage of people use backtouch going forward, and a smaller number uses it well, I still think it is a worthwhile addition to the handheld.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Vita talk is pretty interesting. The three hour battery life seems like a huge drawback though.

OK, the entire back and forth about Will's Bricked tactics is hilarious.

Vita talk is pretty interesting. The three hour battery life seems like a huge drawback though.

OK, the entire back and forth about Will's Bricked tactics is hilarious.
I dunno. I know that my android phone won't even last an hour playing a game, let alone one that looks like uncharted. Not sure about iPhone, but I'm sure it's similar.

big_z

I think with a full charge, I could get about 2-2.5 hours of Infinity Blade out of my 4s.

cut that back those times by 30-45 minutes and that's more realistic. i used to play games on my breaks at work which totaled about 60 minutes and the battery would be more than half drained.

After looking at potential vita games i am interested in, games I'm playing the most on 3ds, and games I play the most frequent on iPhone.

The most interesting vita games are the download ones. The 3ds games are srpgs and Mario. And iOS games that are 2d.

The biggest problem with 'portable systems' for me is I have to get it out of the bag, unplug my headphones from my iPhone, and put it in my 3ds.

That's a lot of steps.

But hey, portable systems still rock at home. I'm sure not everyone has big TVs everywhere like 1% Gary. Some of us have to share them with other ppl.

Being to game when you want to game is a plus.

Curufinwe

I don't know if they implemented it well with the Vita, but having touch controls without having to obscure the screen is a good idea.

eznark

Banned
Did you really? It sounded like garbage from the get go.

Yeah, if implemented well I thought they could be awesome for puzzle games and for applications. Reading, scrolling webpages, etc. So far no one has done it well.

Bob says FIFA does a good job. Haven't tried though.

LiK

Yeah, if implemented well I thought they could be awesome for puzzle games and for applications. Reading, scrolling webpages, etc. So far no one has done it well.

Bob says FIFA does a good job. Haven't tried though.

the touch should be completely optional across all games and the menus. i was quite surprised that the menus all required touch.

Top Bottom