• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

willsmith

I don't remember this vividly but I doubt that was what I wanted to talk about since I have no idea who MC Siegler or Nick Bilton are, your post is the first time I've ever heard of either of them!

I sent you the link to Bilton's story in the NY Times about Path uploading contact lists being potentially deadly in certain countries, and I thought you and Norm were talking about the TechCrunch part while I was setting up I think.

eznark

Banned
They talked about that stuff a fair bit on tech news today. I found it interesting, personally, but why talk about stuff you aren't interested in. You already force yourselves to talk about Android, lets not add to the list.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Lego Will is very amusing:

DpiUD.jpg

Inside a quote because the image is much bigger and i'm lazy to resize it.

I really wish we could actually get Will/Norm/Gary minifigs and put them sitting on top of the framed poster.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, I had no idea The Amazing Race was back. I'm assuming this was the season that they were auditioning for? Considering the cast, I can't believe they didn't make it. This might be the first year I don't watch the show all the way through.

willsmith

I'm glad they didn't make it. I wouldn't wish spending time with Brendan and Rachel on anyone.

I'm not watching til they are off the show. She was at CES last year, and you could hear her laughing from hundreds of feet away, over all the big booths. The unfortunate thing is he's strong and she's quite smart, so they have a good chance of going far.

LiK

Will gonna do a podcast this week or is Gary back as host?

iPad3 event announced so we need more Apple talk!

FStop7

Banned
Wait, this Rachel chick has already been on TAR twice before the current season?

So she's either got compromising photos of one of the producers or she's boning him.

JordanKZ

I understand that Will has been really quite unwell the last week or so... But I'm having massive Bricked withdrawal symptoms. I might have to buy a Lego kit to make up for the hole in my heart.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What are the premium things to check out on tested and giantbomb and whatever other whiskymedia offerings? With links please. :)

Currently only watching bricked online.

I do have a Roku.

What are the premium things to check out on tested and giantbomb and whatever other whiskymedia offerings? With links please. :)

Currently only watching bricked online.

I do have a Roku.

Jar time for giantbomb. last save, and the pc thingie as well are great stuff.

Rambling rorie is great for screened.

And the podcasts for tested tend to be better viewed than listened imo ;P

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I guess I'm lucky I don't know anything about BB because Brendan and Rachel on TAR don't seem that bad to me. I'm still bummed the hotties were eliminated first leg :(

newjeruse

Out of curiosity, what are some big aspects of it that set it apart from the other Android devices?
It's an upgrade in every sense of the word. It's screen, processing power, and camera are now the cutting edge. It's the first HTC device with Sense 4.0 over ICS. It's the first use of the Tegra 3 chipset.

Are we going to pretend that barring something transformative, a new product is not worth discussing? Because I hear pretty much all technology podcasts dedicate a large amount of time to telecom every week discussing the minutiae of all new devices.

Recon

Banned
It's an upgrade in every sense of the word. It's screen, processing power, and camera are now the cutting edge. It's the first HTC device with Sense 4.0 over ICS. It's the first use of the Tegra 3 chipset.

Are we going to pretend that barring something transformative, a new product is not worth discussing? Because I hear pretty much all technology podcasts dedicate a large amount of time to telecom every week discussing the minutiae of all new devices.

Tested is not the podcast you want it to be. Stick to the Verge Mobile Cast if you want boring,specific android talk.

eznark

Banned

Clearly not. The 4s still gets coverage!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

That would be so damn lame if Tested started doing that. I'm really surprised they even talked about the Droid Razr as much as they did considering how insignificant of a product it was outside of the revival of the Razr branding.

Anyway, if the HTC One is significant, I hope they discuss it as a part of any Mobile Congress discussion. It doesn't really sound like it's deserving of any dedicated discussion, but that's just me.

Azar

It's not really the second coming; looks awesome, but the Samsung Galaxy S III will probably stand on equal footing. I own an HTC EVO, and might even be interested in the One X if it was available to me. But I have a feeling the battery life's going to be pretty terrible. Even if it's not worse than average for Android battery life, that's going to be unacceptable for me for another two years.

Not much stuff comes out at this time of year. It's why we're doing bricked now. Christmas to March is a wasteland.

I'm getting my fill with bricked but many people don't have a sub yet. When GB didn't have premium content they still put out stuff for free for people (like the ER) to keep them coming back to the site. It'd be cool of you guys had other video features besides app of the day to keep people checking the site out.

You guys put out a ton of written stuff throughout the year which is cool but not the reason I like tested. Maybe do some retro quick looks of your favorite old tech or look at some stuff that failed miserably and why.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Not much stuff comes out at this time of year. It's why we're doing bricked now. Christmas to March is a wasteland.

I would expect someone who prides himself on being a content producer to, you know, actually produce content instead of waiting for people to hand it to him. Covering the Win 8 consumer preview would be a good start.

They could do SOMETHING with the vita.

Even just a basic hardware and UI QL

It seems silly they haven't done one yet since Jeff has had one around the office for 2 weeks

willsmith

I would expect someone who prides himself on being a content producer to, you know, actually produce content instead of waiting for people to hand it to him. Covering the Win 8 consumer preview would be a good start.

I'm downloading it right now. Microsoft didn't give us early access, and I don't do edit content based on pirated copies of software. That's a good way to make terrible mistakes. Also, I've been out sick for a week and a half.

Zalasta

Poor Will :(

It is pretty sad that when I select the "Latest" tab in the video section, the majority of the content has to do with Bricked. There hasn't even been a new mailbag since December. Tested has great news coverage daily, but the other stuff are definitely suffering right now :(

Poor Will :(

It is pretty sad that when I select the "Latest" tab in the video section, the majority of the content has to do with Bricked. There hasn't even been a new mailbag since December. Tested has great news coverage daily, but the other stuff are definitely suffering right now :(

I bet you the bricked challenge has brought in a lot of new subscriptions though, they got me at least.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
As someone who finds Bricked impossible to watch, I definitely am not thrilled with the level of video content right now.

Top Bottom