• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

sixghost

No. Of course those 2 have a bigger following but it should be Jamie and Adam with Will and Norm. But now it's YO IT'S JAMIE AND ADAM GUYS. LOOK AT ALL THE AWESOME STUFF THEY DO. And yeah and 2 guys will be around, will and corn I think, anyway, MYTHBUSTERS!"

You're right, all articles will actually be written by Will and Norm but posted under Adam and Jamie's name, and they will all be forced to do their best imitations of Adam and Jamie for the entirety of the podcast, as well as refer to each other as Adam and Jamie.

Adam and Jamie.Adam and Jamie.Adam and Jamie.Adam and Jamie.Adam and Jamie.

v
Adam and Jamie.
v
Adam and Jamie.

Ugly as sin design. Like, really fucking bad.

It also sucks that Will and Norm are in the shadows. I understand why, but they are Tested.

I'll reserve judgement until the content comes rolling in, but at the moment it seems like this is going to kill my interest in Tested. Hope I'm wrong.

sixghost

I get why it happened and it's awesome for Will and Norm assuming the people that like MythBusters are also people who would watch and read online content.

For existing Tested fans, this is a worse site than the one we had yesterday...well, except that there is new content.

I followed these guys from MaximumPC because I like PC's and tech. Not sure this new site is really going to be for me. Of course, it's not like my subscription was putting food on their tables either.

Yeah, obviously the best case would have been for nothing to change and for Whiskey to keep going, but I could think of much worse situations for the Tested guys, i.e. being forced to abandon the site and find jobs elsewhere.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, obviously the best case would have been for nothing to change and for Whiskey to keep going, but I could think of much worse situations for the Tested guys, i.e. being forced to abandon the site and find jobs elsewhere.

Oh, I think this is wonderful for them, no question. Like when Nick left Idle Thumbs for a real job. Congratulations Nick, f' you Nick

This week's episode: Does selling out ruin a website?

MYTH: CONFIRMED

Giant Bomb and Comic Vine were clearly the prize for CBS. That left Anime Vice and Tested to find some way to continue to exist. I wouldn't call this "selling out" as much as "trying to survive"

Tested struggled to attract a larger audience, and hopefully this will help them to gain that audience and continue to do their work for many years to come.

iWT6dX6AacVh8.gif

Giant Bomb and Comic Vine were clearly the prize for CBS. That left Anime Vice and Tested to find some way to continue to exist. I wouldn't call this "selling out" as much as "trying to survive"

Tested struggled to attract a larger audience, and hopefully this will help them to gain that audience and continue to do their work for many years to come.
The sellout includes Giant Bomb.

Hoo-doo

Banned
What I wonder is if they'll advertise the site on the actual Mythbusters show now.
I mean, if this is going to be the official online destination for the mythbusters, then it would make sense, right?

PBY

Banned
I was never a paying subscriber... so I guess its kinda nice that I can see the videos behind the paywall now. As far as the redesign, I feel the same way as everyone here, but I def saw this coming. Never watch mythbusters so don't know what to expect from Jamie/Adam.

This will probably sound weird to a lot of you guys, but not having the option to download videos anymore is more upsetting to me than even the web design, or the rebranding.

Bingo. It was GB where 98% of the subscriptions originated from them and they were carrying the rest of the sites (in a likely unsustainable way). And no one wanted anything to do with the other sites. So it was sink or swim for everyone else.

They said on the podcast that they are transitioning it all to YouTube only.

Probably why those stuff don't work anymore.

And I'm pretty damn sure no1 can censor whitta.

panda21

is the podcast still just will and norm and gary? will it be the same? seems kind of incongruous with the new site design/remit

like i cant really imagine new ipad talk fitting in with the mythbutters guys (although i never saw mythbusters)

PaulLFC

Just saw the site.... :(

The video... it's as if Jamie & Adam have just gone "this is ours now" and taken over everything, which seems to be pretty much what's happened considering they're even featured in the name of the site, while Will & Norm aren't. Massively disappointed.

Poyunch

is the podcast still just will and norm and gary? will it be the same? seems kind of incongruous with the new site design/remit

like i cant really imagine new ipad talk fitting in with the mythbutters guys (although i never saw mythbusters)

I bet the fake outtakes are going to be really lame now.

No more testaclese either. Just a gear and hammer...
He's not gone for good. It seems like people who don't have avatars on the Tested site still have the default testacles logo.

I would have preferred Will and Norm going off to some other tech site and podcasting with Gary on the side to this. This just screams demotion.

Oh shit, I didn't know Mythbusters were actually a part of the new Tested. I saw the images and gifs but figured they were just a guest on the new site and it was "hey, cool they can get awesome guests now". This seems pretty amazing and I'm really happy for the guys. They really came out fantastic from the Whiskey adventure.

(I'm assuming they're happy about this? If not, then it still seems like a great opportunity, even if they're not the brand and solely running it)

djm

It's been a little over an hour since the new site launched. I think it's just a tad early to be declaring "RIP Tested" or whatever. Give them some time to come up with some new content under the new banner. I think they've earned that, at least.

PaulLFC

Oh shit, I didn't know Mythbusters were actually a part of the new Tested. I saw the images and gifs but figured they were just a guest on the new site and it was "hey, cool they can get awesome guests now". This seems pretty amazing and I'm really happy for the guys. They really came out fantastic from the Whiskey adventure.

(I'm assuming they're happy about this? If not, then it still seems like a great opportunity, even if they're not the brand and solely running it)
Getting bought out and then demoted while two celebrities come in and assume ownership of the site right down to the logo is fantastic?

Getting bought out and then demoted while two celebrities come in and assume ownership of the site right down to the logo is fantastic?

Getting experience and exposure working with huge celebrities in their field instead of being jobless isn't? Maybe they're unhappy about being part of that team, but it's a great opportunity for them, as opposed to not existing.

And to be fair, I made my comments after seeing the intro video, not the website. I thought from the video it was their site WITH the Mythbusters. I didn't realize it was a total takeover and it did bum me out to see the Mythbusters up there instead of Will and Norm, that does suck. But this is a ridiculous chance for Will and Norm to have more resources and get more exposure than the thousands they had before.

Jeez. talk about your pessimists in this thread. You do realize what the increased resources and connections from working with Adam and Jamie will mean for the site right? And it's not as if they're just going to push Will and Norm off to the side to have the website all to themselves, I think Mythbusters is a little more important to them. Just calm down a little and wait for the water to settle.

If you like Will and Norm together on a website they provide most of the content for, yes.

Yes, we all wish Whiskey Media was still around, and made Apple money (but still stayed in the same office), but that wasn't going to happen. Plus, they are working with the Mythbusters, I can think of worse people to be the headlines of a website.

Top Bottom