• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

I'm really happy for Will and Norm. They seem very excited and the things they will get the chance to do sounds awesome... for them.

It's seems now that we won't get the same Tested podcast and video content we come to expect, which is the most upsetting thing.

This is a good thing for Will and Norm, new visitors, but not for what is going to become the minority of people: the people who have been with Tested from day one, and watch the WHOLE iPad launch live stream. I still remember that.

If the content (podcast and videos) are going to be the same then all is good, but it really seems like they'll have to change their tone: no swearing, less tech etc.

FStop7

Banned
You're right, all articles will actually be written by Will and Norm but posted under Adam and Jamie's name, and they will all be forced to do their best imitations of Adam and Jamie for the entirety of the podcast, as well as refer to each other as Adam and Jamie.

"Norman Chan, how do you look in a beret?"

Tantalus

Neo Member
Hmm. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of Will & Norm on the face of the site that they have worked so hard on over the past two (?) years, but I understand why it's happening too. Hopefully this can bring in a wider audience for Tested as a whole, which couldn't be a bad thing.

I understand why Future Will (Adam) has come back into his own Time Stream, and is now trying to erase the calamity of 2018, were he tried to dismantle and resemble an Atomic Bomb, which lead to the "San Francison Day of Silence - 10/10/2018" - but did he really have to come back so far? I know that in 2016 Will Smith became president, but was 2012 really the point of no return where work needed to be started to fix the timeline?

This is disappointing.

R2D4

Banned
Hmm. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of Will & Norm on the face of the site that they have worked so hard on over the past two (?) years, but I understand why it's happening too. Hopefully this can bring in a wider audience for Tested as a whole, which couldn't be a bad thing.

Well wider audience means you have to water down content and make sure everything you do is PC and boring.

This is basically what I expected to happen with GB after hearing the announcement and thought Tested would be fine. But it seems to be the opposite.

fallagin

Hmmmmmmmm, I don't know what to exactly think about this new design thingy. Kind of wierd........

I think they should have everyone pictured at the top not just jamie and adam....

Oh well, I hope everything turns out awesome for will and norm.

Ignoring all the gloom and doom for now...

Goddamn it Gary, how can you say with (I imagine) a straight face and say that you like Big Bang Theory?

I just need a reassuring App of the Day video to make me feel a little bit better about this. Hopefully the site's personality won't suffer since now that they're representing someone besides themselves. Still, exciting times regardless for Will and Norm.

Tantalus

Neo Member
Well wider audience means you have to water down content and make sure everything you do is PC and boring.

Yeah, I'm wondering how they'll handle the swearing and some of the hilarious (but slightly offensive) stuff that was on Tested before, especially on the podcast. I made it twenty-one seconds in to the last video podcast before Will said "shit" lol

Hopefully they don't take down all of the old content. It would be such a shame to see all of those hours of entertainment just disappear.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
They website is quite different, it is understandable that Jamie and Adam are the "stars" of the site because they are the ones that would bring the traffic.

It will be an adjustment but it is just the first day. I will reserve my judgement for a while to see how things go on the site.

R2D4

Banned
Yeah, I'm wondering how they'll handle the swearing and some of the hilarious (but slightly offensive) stuff that was on Tested before, especially on the podcast. I made it twenty-one seconds in to the last video podcast before Will said "shit" lol

Hopefully they don't take down all of the old content. It would be such a shame to see all of those hours of entertainment just disappear.

I'm just afraid that they will have to start censoring everything. No more Norm calling "racist" no more sexual innuendo when certain words are used. Will and Norm just playing for a wider audience than those that are in the know like the podcast feels presently. It's just not the swearing.

panda21

I just need a reassuring App of the Day video to make me feel a little bit better about this. Hopefully the site's personality won't suffer since now that they're representing someone besides themselves. Still, exciting times regardless for Will and Norm.

i was kind of assuming they wont be doing app of the day anymore. its got shit all to do with mythbusters, and they havent done one for weeks now anyway.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I like Mythbusters, I like Will and Norm, i'm happy with the way things are going.

Of course they would be the site. Will said numerous times "this site is theirs now". They BOUGHT IT. That's what people with money do: They don't create a tumbler page, they don't build a website, they buy a good one.

Will and Norm are just editors, story writers, content creators.

I don't think tested was ever Will and Norm's website, so I don't see what's the outrage about.

I wish them all the best and I'll be tuning in daily, as before.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I actually haven't watched Mythbusters in like, forever.
I used to love that show so much, but Discovery Channel all went to shit, so I ended up forgetting all about it.

Any people that still watch it in here? Is it still worth watching?

R2D4

Banned
I used to love that show so much, but Discovery Channel all went to shit, so I ended up forgetting all about it.

I used to watch it but quit when they started making up myths for excuses to blow stuff up.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I do. Back in the day, Adam and Jamie did all the heavy lifting of the show. Nowdays, they usually have a "big" myth to test (usually the funniest to perform) while Kari, Grant and.. the other dude which name I forget do some other myth.

I still think it's pretty funny, but sometimes you know the answer to the test while they're actually pitching it - it's still fun to watch what happens though.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I do. Back in the day, Adam and Jamie did all the heavy lifting of the show. Nowdays, they usually have a "big" myth to test (usually the funniest to perform) while Kari, Grant and.. the other dude which name I forget do some other myth.

I still think it's pretty funny, but sometimes you know the answer to the test while they're actually pitching it - it's still fun to watch what happens though.

I actually liked the B-team as well. Might be keeping an eye on the new season then.

edgefusion

The most disappointing thing about the loss of testiclese is that it was a bright, fun, vibrant logo and the replacement we get is just a shitty black cog. In many ways I think the new logo/site design is emblematic of the problem people have, there's a concern all the content is going to be as bland, corporate and sterile as the site looks.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Something about being "welcomed" to Tested by those two kind of pisses me off. It's the other way around...

Oh well, I guess they don't give half a damn about old Tested's audience. It makes me wonder why they even bought the site at that point, though.

Kritz

Banned
QAmdcl.jpg

Welp, that's that.

I'm okay with this for now. I know Will and Norm won't respond to this, but I will have this to say.

Will and Norm. I absolutely loved your content and your passion with tested.com. The chemistry you had along with Gary was fantastic. I could hardly care less about the Mythbusters guys/branding. I dedicate time every week to listen to your podcasts. Don't compromise your principles and passion you put into tested with the takeover.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
We already know what the website is all about, but their audience doesn't.

I don't think we do know anymore...The Tested I know certainly is a bit incongruous with the message being sent out on the new Tested (in terms of presentation).

I'm pretty sure some ipad 3 video will be up today. A fitting inaugural video for the new tested eh?

Then we can bitch about how they aren't loving the new ipad as much or something.

snap0212

I'm probably doing it wrong but why can't I find a download button on the Podcast page? I have subscribed to it via Zune but I wanted to download all the Episodes and Zune doesn't show them.

The new site is not wrong, it is just too much too soon. It is FAR too much too soon, and weirdly makes me actively hate Adam/Jamie even though I am a Mythbuster fan. I am a fan of what both Will and Norm do too, and will continue to be, but what is so weird is that even though four people I find entertaining are teaming up, I cannot shake the immense disappointment of what I am looking at right now.

It really is the complete opposite of what I should be feeling - which means something has to be going wrong.

Anyway, like I said earlier today, even if the content is there in the future, if YouTube embeds are the way forward (and there is no RSS to subscribe to to download videos), I am personally moving away from the site. That is pretty disappointing for me, as I think I have watched and listened to every bit of video and audio content that Tested ever generated.

I will likely still check out the site, but much more scatter-shot than before.

I hope everything works out for Will and Norm. Thanks for the last two years.

Something about being "welcomed" to Tested by those two kind of pisses me off. It's the other way around...

Oh well, I guess they don't give half a damn about old Tested's audience. It makes me wonder why they even bought the site at that point, though.

It hasn't even been up 4 hours! Probably 99% of the mythbusters' twitter feed have no idea who Norm or Will are, and that's a much bigger audience then the Tested audience. At least give them a week before you start saying "This is the end of Tested!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!111!!11!!11!"

Heel

I guess this thread isn't above the doom and gloom. I understand people always freak out about change, but are you guys really that concerned over a picture in the corner of a website?

Will and Norm will be doing bigger and better things. I'm a fan of the content, not what it's wrapped in.

If you don't understand why the Mythbusters are the face of the website maybe you should keep an eye on the traffic in the coming months.

linko9

Wasn't it Whiskey Media's website? Because, if it was theirs, that's even better: means they got a bunch of money out of the deal.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I meant in terms of controlling the content and being the face of the site, it was their site.

Top Bottom