• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

uhhh

All premium memberships transferred over to Giant Bomb as they were the originator of 98% of subscriptions. Theres not really a concept of premium or non-premium on Tested anymore, as all previously premium content is now free.

Lombaszko

uhhh

I'm still getting 404 when I try and log in, but on my home computer it was working on Friday.
EDIT: Cleared my cookies and cache in Safari, and can now log in!

As for RSS access stuff, I'm guessing the old audio and video content is still there but you have to know the exact file name to find it.

For example, an old Happy Hour show is located at:
http://media.tested.com/video/wh_happyhour_081211_350.mp4

I was trying to get Bricked downloaded this weekend but couldn't guess the actual movie (.mp4) file names. I was looking everywhere!

Similar to others in the thread, the Youtube link is usually fine but I have to do some work in a warehouse with no wi-fi and only an iPod Touch.

h3ro

I am able to get a podcast downloading in iTunes no problem - it's an old episode though, as I already have all the recent stuff downloaded

ixjhD9KvzrrVu.jpg

If Thursday's episode does not auto download, I will officially proclaim Adam and Jamie are the devil

No such luck here:

PLiL4.png

This is all I'm getting. No old episodes coming up even if I hit 'Show all available episodes'.

I still haven't heard the episode from the 15th!

eznark

Banned
All premium memberships transferred over to Giant Bomb as they were the originator of 98% of subscriptions. Theres not really a concept of premium or non-premium on Tested anymore, as all previously premium content is now free.

I know. However, I wasn't see that bar the last couple of days. Seeing it now is a bit disappointing. I've never actually seen in on a page before (except for the brief periods when I would have to log in to a Whiskey site).

Regarding ads and membership, Will made this post on their forums:

will on tested forums said:
@zaph: To be clear, we never would have done Bricked if we had any idea that a sale was imminent. We certainly wouldn't have solicited subs from you guys if we knew that to be the case.

That said, everyone involved wants us to relaunch a sub product later this year, after we have offices and have worked out the startup kinks on the video production so we can actually offer something good.The plan, as I understand it, is that for the time being, your subs are essentially on pause. When we have a subscription plan again, your sub will pick up where it dropped off, with however many days you had left when we relaunched last Friday.

In the meantime, you'll continue to have membership icons on your forum avatars, and the site won't display ads (well, at least that's what will happen when we fix the ad code). Blocks for stuff like Jamie and Adam's shows, our special events, and live appearances will probably still display for everyone--just like we did for the Big Live Live Show Live last year. I would expect these to be infrequent, but I don't know for sure.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Their "Top Men" really need to clean up how articles are displayed. All that dead space before the end of the article and the comments makes it look like something went wrong.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh, I just noticed that Jamie and Adam have a new show on Discovery produced by BermanBraun and it's all about building Rube Goldberg machines. I'm sure the launch of the website was meant to coincide with that.

Well that's an unintentionally revealing comment about what went down.

I guess I wouldn't take that as "we would never do Bricked on the new Tested.com." I think he was just saying that they wouldn't have solicited people to become members during the transitional period right as things were switching over, if they would have known before hand.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can't believe the thread title hasn't been changed yet. Never thought the mods would sleep on such a good joke.

Megasoum

Banned
Mythbusters is a fairly family friendly show.

That's the thing I noticed since the redesign...it's not a Mythbuster website, it's not even a Discovery Channel website. It's a Adam and Jamie website. Those guys had already somewhat big careers long before they started Mythbusters. That also means that even if Mythbusters gets cancelled, it shouldn't affect the website that much.

Just checked the site for the first time in a good few hours (a day nearly I guess), and the latest content is great. Pretty awesome, seem very "Tested"-like, with interesting articles from everyone involved. Also, for some weird reason, I really like they way they are including a source beneath the images. Looks classy :)

I don't think anyone should have a problem with the content coming from the site

sixghost

Rorie said:
Hey guys,

I am still talking to BermanBraun. Apologies for the long wait on news.

Matt Rorie posted this in the Screened forums earlier today. Sounds like he still doesn't even know what's going on with him and Screened.

FStop7

Banned
I guess I wouldn't take that as "we would never do Bricked on the new Tested.com." I think he was just saying that they wouldn't have solicited people to become members during the transitional period right as things were switching over, if they would have known before hand.

That's what I found to be revealing. The GB crew had known for some time that a sale was imminent, based on what Jeff said. Sounds like Will and Norm did not know. The GB guys knew since at least late last year.

Mythbusters is a fairly family friendly show.

If you check the site I think you'll see the word Mythbusters is used very sparingly, if at all. This appears to be be a separate entity from Mythbusters and whoever owns that name and the rights to the show.

Matt Rorie posted this in the Screened forums earlier today. Sounds like he still doesn't even know what's going on with him and Screened.

I hope it works out for him. Screened is one of the few Film/TV sites I visit, as far to many others are filled with elitism, and snobbishness, and are too up their own ass most of the time. In terms of video, he has pretty much kept Screened going single-handedly for the past few months (along with Joey editing). Rorie, with an actual staff behind him, could work wonders.

...or, let him write a weekly puppy column for Tested at least.

sixghost

That's what I found to be revealing. The GB crew had known for some time that a sale was imminent, based on what Jeff said. Sounds like Will and Norm did not know. The GB guys knew since at least late last year.

If you check the site I think you'll see the word Mythbusters is used very sparingly, if at all. This appears to be be a separate entity from Mythbusters and whoever owns that name and the rights to the show.

I'm just talking out of my ass, but it seems like the GB/CV to CBS was wrapped up, or at least put into motion way before they had a buyer lined up for the other sites. They might have just been planning to continue Tested and Screened without the other two, but then BermanBraun came into the picture.

I don't think it necessarily means the Tested guys didn't know about the Giantbomb sale.

I'm pretty interested to hear what those guys do other than Mythbusters. I remember them making reference to constructing robotic props for movies, or something, a few times on Mythbusters. The way Will described their shop made it seem super fucking serious.

Also, have they mentioned where Will and Norm will be working out of?

I'm pretty interested to hear what those guys do other than Mythbusters. I remember them making reference to constructing robotic props for movies, or something, a few times on Mythbusters. The way Will described their shop made it seem super fucking serious.

Adam has a really good interview on The Nerdist podcast where he goes into his whole backstory, from art/sculpture into film shop work, including how he got involved with Jamie.

edit: hmm, having a hard time locating the podcast I am remembering. Hmmm.

edit x2: oh, it was Aisha Taylor's podcast - http://girlonguy.libsyn.com/webpage/girl-on-guy-17-adam-savage

Megasoum

Banned
I'm just talking out of my ass, but it seems like the GB/CV to CBS was wrapped up, or at least put into motion way before they had a buyer lined up for the other sites. They might have just been planning to continue Tested and Screened without the other two, but then BermanBraun came into the picture.

I don't think it necessarily means the Tested guys didn't know about the Giantbomb sale.

Also, have they mentioned where Will and Norm will be working out of?

This

I even think that Will said somewhere that the lease was up for the old office and that it would had been way too expensive to keep paying for that big space just to have Tested/Screened/AnimeVice(well...). So my guess is that they would have moved anyway but then BermanBraun came in. As far as I know they still don't have any offices right now. I guess Tested will get an office near the Mythbusters guys but I have no idea what will happen with Rorie especially since he's running the website by himself now.

eznark

Banned
That Unchained Reaction show was ok, but man it's a one trick pony. How long will Rube Goldberg machine competitions remain interesting? Barely held my interest for the hour. I recorded the series and will probably just watch the last five minutes every week.

Also, it's humorous that Jamie and Adam did with that show pretty much what they are doing with Tested. Lend their name and likeness to it, show up for a few minutes, done. It's smart. Turn themselves into a brand.

Zalasta

Unfortunately, I will not be using Tested daily now. Whatever new player (youtube?) the website is using is blocked for me. So good for those that enjoy the redesign.

Variable

Unfortunately, I will not be using Tested daily now. Whatever new player (youtube?) the website is using is blocked for me. So good for those that enjoy the redesign.

Why not just use some kind of VPN service. I hear thats what a lot of other people use who want to view content outside of China's "great firewall".

Ozone

Watching Gary's interview on IGN, it's really jarring hearing the bleeps.

Knee touching. Censorship. IGN are monsters.

Top Bottom