• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nx7RW.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Azar

Page breaks are exactly the same as they were when the site re-launched on Friday. They're broken guys it's not some conspiracy to milk you for clicks. As Will himself addressed on the Tested forums:

The way it's currently rendering is a bug. The teaser tag, which we use to separate front page content from the rest of the story, is rendering as a page split. It will be fixed.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So do they not say 'I'm Will from Tested, I'm Norm from Tested' anymore in videos? That was sort of a signature little thing. Why do I care so much?

willsmith

I thought they were not supposed to put page break in the articles?

It's a bug. The CMS is rendering the thing that says "STOP PUTTING WORDS AFTER HERE ON THE HOMEPAGE" as "NEXT PAGE PLEASE" on the article page. We'll fix it, but there's a lot higher priority stuff above it in the list, like getting podcast RSS working.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's a bug. The CMS is rendering the thing that says "STOP PUTTING WORDS AFTER HERE ON THE HOMEPAGE" as "NEXT PAGE PLEASE" on the article page. We'll fix it, but there's a lot higher priority stuff above it in the list, like getting podcast RSS working.

Yay for confirmation!

Good luck with the fixes! Hopefully the RSS is alive in time for the podcast!

Megasoum

Banned

Ah! Thanks for the clarification Will. Indeed, more important stuff to fix first!

Wait does this mean I won't get this week's podcast on Instacast? I don't know how else to listen to podcasts on my iPhone.

If the RSS in not up, then...

You could just download the file on a PC/Mac, drop it into iTunes and sync.

You could also get the file link, which someone will post in the thread when released, click on it while in Safari (or any other browser) on your iPhone, and you could stream the whole thing in Safari.

If you use iCab, you can download the file within the browser

WJp4k.jpg

Once downloaded, the file is playable within the browser without a a internet connection.

You could also download the file on your PC/Mac, put it in a Dropbox folder, then get the Dropbox App, find it in there and listen.

I'm afraid of syncing my phone with my PC because I never have before and I've heard people say that everything on their phone got wiped.

Why is Adam Savage writing about terrifying spider invasions?

WHY!?!

I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight away :/ I'm enjoying the expanded focus of the site so far, or in other words that picture "The Sky" is great

So much articles written by norm and will. Almost forgot that they used to write stuff for the internet.

And I do hope iphone 5 has at least the battery length of 4S.

I'm afraid of syncing my phone with my PC because I never have before and I've heard people say that everything on their phone got wiped.

If you are running the same account on both, you should not lose anything, and you should get a warning before anything bad happens anyway. Also, you should really sort that out, as if you lose your iPhone you have no backup, so pretty much everything will be lost with the phone. If you sync at least once you will have a backup of important stuff.

If you dont want to sync, then do the dropbox thing, it is free

iCab is the simplest, but if you don't have it, you'd have to pay to get the App.

Maybe Instacast has the ability to download single files from a url? If so, then everything should be super easy. I have no idea if that is possible though

Streaming via Safari on iOS is super easy to, if you have access to a net connection as you listen.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Will, Norm, are you guys going to get an office at some point? Or is Norm's house going to be your guys' base of operations from now on?

Megasoum

Banned
Ha...surprise surprise...the Birdwing guy just revealed that it was a hoax. Color me surprised lol

Come on, it was so obvious

Megasoum

Banned
Btw, I know it's a really minor thing but am I the only one who's really annoyed by the aliasing the new logo at the top of the site? It's a SUPER minor problem but it's still bugging me everytime I load the site lol.

Btw, I know it's a really minor thing but am I the only one who's really annoyed by the aliasing the new logo at the top of the site? It's a SUPER minor problem but it's still bugging me everytime I load the site lol.

I just kinda think it looks cheesy. I like the logo itself, but the photo of Jamie and Adam ain't doing it for me.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I'm no tech wizard....why are RSS feeds so hard to implement?

It's not hard to implement them; RSS basically works by itself as long as you've set it up correctly. Someone has to go through the database and update links is my guess (the links point to the wrong content server, the content isn't there anymore, 404). A one-liner should fix that (on the level of search-and-replace). If they were sloppy, they've got to go into sourcecode as well (I can't imagine that's necessary here though because the Whiskey dudes are pretty competent guys).

Note that I'm talking out of my ass because I don't know how they've set that stuff up, just extrapolating from experience.

sixghost

I'm enjoying how Tested has become the internet version of what the discovery channel used to be like 13 or 14 years ago.

Just random crap that's interesting.

Top Bottom