• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Chuck

Still without luck
I think it's ok now, but I hope they talk about actual tech and less about video game when they talk about non-science stuff. But yeah, I was getting sick on cellphone OS talk and iPhone/iPad rumors every single week.

eznark

Banned
I am not liking the more general podcast. I would much rather hear them talk tech than to act like a link aggregator.

The only thing I don't like is that they seem to be actively avoiding tech talk. I get the feeling that this is now going to be a general interest and Apple podcast.

LiK

I am not liking the more general podcast. I would much rather hear them talk tech than to act like a link aggregator.
I don't think they changed much. Hopefully they settle back to their former ways once they get into that new studio. i'm still enjoying the show. if Gary ever left the show then we're in trouble. i'm too used to him now.

Barrett2

The only thing I don't like is that they seem to be actively avoiding tech talk. I get the feeling that this is now going to be a general interest and Apple podcast.

Agreed. I don't want them to feel overly obligated to talk about some boring scientific nature story when the audience would rather hear more about a relevant tech story.

yonder

As long as the guys are personally interested in it, I don't care too much about the topic; I just want to listen to a good conversation, and I feel like this week's show was exactly that.

Fox Mulder

I personally dig the new podcast. The old podcast felt a bit constrained in scope and because of that they tended to go on and on about fucking cellphone OS news.

smartphone discussions are interesting to me, but yes, now they can turn their focus to other stuff besides scraping the bottom of the barrel tech news during really slow news weeks.

Dany

Banned
I go to tested more now that their focus has expanded, honestly, it was a great thing for the site and Will and Norm both seem to enjoy covering a wider variety of topics, their podcast is awesomer now. I'd usually zone out on the nitty-gritty topics but everything is interesting. Keep this up guys.

Or else.

Jintor

I actually find tech talk almost uniformly boring as hell except as to where it relates to differing means of media consumption, so I welcome this change. Incremental upgrades to processors and shit bore me to tears.

I don't really want to go to their website anymore though, not having Will and Norm up the top ticks me off. :<

Rlan

I really liked the Tech talk as it was because I, as a game designer for iPhone and Android titles, I have a very difficult time understanding all the nuances between all the Android stuff. Tested helped a lot with that stuff :)

panda21

is there a testcast today? and is Gary going to be on it or is he away living it up with the stars?

hope its a long one, last weeks was less than 2 hours D:

Chuck

Still without luck
New podcast is live!

iNLX3J60EV0n7.png

EPISODE 115 - RWANDAN COFFEE - 4/5/2012

On this week's episode Will enjoys the sunshine, Gary cleans out his closet, and Norm gets ready for coffee nirvana. All that, plus Google's Project Glass, gravitational tractors, cavemen and fire, and fake outtakes. Enjoy!

mike23

Hmm, I just got charged 5 bucks for the subscription. Didn't they say that they were going to stop the auto-renew after the site was sold?

Jintor

I don't know if Will or Gary haven't actually read that Alan Moore story, but I'd be disappointed if they haven't :<

Jintor

"For The Man Who Has Everything". It also has an animated adaptation on Justice League, which is perhaps the only derivative of his works that Alan Moore has actually liked.

Rlan

I think they should try doing e-mail questions for a while instead of audio questions. It's hard to make a question in audio that sounds good, and I think it'll work out well if they did e-mails for a while.

willsmith

Hmm, I just got charged 5 bucks for the subscription. Didn't they say that they were going to stop the auto-renew after the site was sold?

We aren't auto-renewing anything, but you need to cancel your account at Giant Bomb. They should also process a refund if you only use Tested or Screened.

sixghost

How large would the gravitational tractor object need to be? Launching something into space that has enough mass to attract an asteroid big enough to worry NASA seems impossible.

LiK

so when is the new office ready? you guys are still stuck podcasting at Will's house? i don't mind tho.

Fox Mulder

How large would the gravitational tractor object need to be? Launching something into space that has enough mass to attract an asteroid big enough to worry NASA seems impossible.

The earlier you detect the asteroid, the smaller the object can be. It only has to be pushed off course a little bit per day over a number of years.

Enjoyed their commentary on the Windows Phone situation.

Nothing we haven't said or discussed here, but always nice to know others see things you feel are areas of interest/concern.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
For the love of god Will, if all the questions are shit you should stop using voice questions. It's easily the worst part of the podcast.

Everyone has an opinion.

I think the voicemail questions are great for the most part.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The Game Boy discussion hit a note with me, as someone who found my old school about a year ago.

First thought when turning it on 'Holy shit, this screen is so bad'. Literally unreadable unless under direct sunlight, and then you've got a ton of glare on the shiny plastic.

Why does Will drink from a jam jar?

I have a friend who does this. He claims it keeps the drink colder but i've never tried it. I've been to a couple restaurants that serve shit like that though, I always figured it was just for atmosphere (they were southern BBQ type joints)

Poyunch

If there's one thing I'd like for the new site, it would be a way to differentiate original video content from stuff the Tested crew just wants to share. I'm totally fine if they want to share random, cool videos but I'd like to prioritize my viewing.

Xanathus

I have a friend who does this. He claims it keeps the drink colder but i've never tried it. I've been to a couple restaurants that serve shit like that though, I always figured it was just for atmosphere (they were southern BBQ type joints)

Serving drinks in jars are also a thing in trendy Taiwanese/Chinese cafes, typically for herbal drinks.

Heel

Will and Norm (plus anyone reading that's interested), the podcast reminded me to invite you guys to the iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread. I know a few of you guys here were in the old Carcassonne and Ascension threads, so come join us and get some Tested games going!

Gary...you're always welcome to join too. You might like these games more since you'd be playing them on something made by Apple. :)

Protome

I wonder how long it'll take for the new site to be finished, I'm missing video categories so much. Needing to wade through the list of every video put up recently to find the ones that interest me is so un-user friendly.

That said, the video content itself is as great as it has ever been.

Top Bottom