• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Vyer

I would like to share my honest opinions regarding the site and the podcast. I'm posting this here because I know Norm, Will, and Gary read the post on this thread and I want people to chime in as well.

Over the past couple of weeks I've realized that the site and the show are not as appealing for as they were in the past, mainly because I feel that the content and topics are all over the place. I'm aware that the focus of the site has changed, and while I know there is a lot of quality content, it seems that now that the stuff I frequented the site for has taken the backseat. I really liked the tech news/reviews/opinions focus with some off-topic sprinkled every now and then, but now it is hard to pin point exactly what Tested is about. I even clicked at the About Us on the page.

I think my issue with the site is how, for the lack of a better word, "personal" it has become. I used to visit Tested because of the tech talk, and enjoyed some of the off-topic themes, but now that there's such a wide range of topics covered I feel there is more of the site that I don't find appealing.

Another reason for my disinterest is the --possible erroneous-- perception of a strong anti Android, pro Apple vibe from Will, Norm and Gary that makes almost every Android conversation turn into "Android sucks! Apple rocks! Move on!". I wish there was at least somebody else to entice healthy debate.

For the past two years I was a huge fan of the site and enjoyed pretty much everything you guys did. I would suggest dividing the content on the site in categories so those who are more interested in tech, science or photography can browse the site in a more orderly fashion. The same could apply to podcasts: Why not devoting the podcast to a certain topic?

Thanks for reading this and keep on Testing!

Personally I have found myself enjoying it more. I have the same kind of interests as these guys - as I think a lot of tech nerds do - and I find them entertaining as well, so I'm learning interesting topics in humorous and informative ways. Its everything the previous version was, but with even more content.

I don't care about apple/android debate, because there's enough of that crap all around the Internet that I don't need yet another outlet for it. They have their opinions and move on. I'm fine with that.

eznark

Banned
So, they were talking about HBO GO on the xbox, and I doubt Microsoft had much to do with it, unless they just chose to do a deal with comcast and left out people like Time Warner, which still doesn't work on Roku or 360.

Also, are there some tested videos that don't work in the 360 youtube app for some reason? Seems like there are way fewer.

willsmith

So, they were talking about HBO GO on the xbox, and I doubt Microsoft had much to do with it, unless they just chose to do a deal with comcast and left out people like Time Warner, which still doesn't work on Roku or 360.

Also, are there some tested videos that don't work in the 360 youtube app for some reason? Seems like there are way fewer.

The YouTube thing is a Microsoft/YouTube bug. Everything is right on our side.

Chuck

Still without luck
A new episode of This is Only a Test is live

iNLX3J60EV0n7.png

EPISODE 117 - A VOYAGE OF DISCOVERY - 4/19/2012

On this week's adults-only show, Will continues his battle against the squirrels, Norm finds a VCR, and Gary answers a question. All that, plus your questions answered, the latest on Windows 8's official name, and another episode of fake outtakes.

Darklord

Banned
I'm late to the party but the talk about Star Trek the experience really bummed me out. That sounded SO awesome! The beaming aboard the ship, quarks bar, fuck, why did it have to close before I got to see it?!

panda21

last week's podcast was great, can't wait to listen to this one :) it seems like it has gotten even better now they moved to the new site and have a slightly different focus, really enjoying it.

I was opening up the Internets to complain about the WubWub, and then they started talking about Dyson spheres and Game of Thrones and I calmed down.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I went to a CompUSA yesterday, actually...just sayin.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I don't even miss CompUSA because I live 20 minutes from a MicroCenter. Oh man, that place is the best!
Lawd, I miss my microcenter and fry's back home.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Holy shit Whitta. Your Will's stomach voice had me rolling. The Mad Men comparison was apt.

Megasoum

Banned
Cool article about the original Windows XP wallpaper.

http://thenextweb.com/shareables/2011/08/28/ever-wonder-where-the-windows-xp-default-wallpaper-came-from/

And about the money he maid with that picture:

So how much did O’Rear get for taking what is considered one of the most famous photos of all time? A non-disclosure agreement prevents him from revealing the actual figure, but according to Napa Valley Register, O’Rear stated that it was:

“extraordinary” and second only to that paid to another living, working photographer for the photo of then-President Bill Clinton hugging Monica Lewinsky.

Oh and here's the exact link to the spot in Google Streetview:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=38.248966,+-122.410269&hl=en&ll=38.249945,-122.409483&spn=0.001375,0.00327&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=45.197878,107.138672&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=38.25004,-122.409405&panoid=C51y2htXKc0eaL3EEy0GhQ&cbp=12,305.6,,1,-0.48

Isn't the dubstep thing kinda old now? I don't know if it's just an American thing or not, but I'm constantly amazed that GB talk about dubstep like it's a new thing and now this.

That intro would have been funny like two years ago. Now it's just... sad. It's like all the game trailers using dubstep all of a sudden like it's suddenly the cool new thing. It's not.

Edit: Ha, Will just said the same thing, but he got it a bit wrong with being 6 months behind.

I meant it seems to be an American thing that most people think dubstep is the cool new thing when, as you've said, it's been around for ages.

Us Brits, always ahead of the times.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, if by ages you mean 200...5? 6? Pretty young genre relatively.

It's just that what most people associate as dubstep isn't really dubstep.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, even if people seem to hate it it is getting even more popular now.

Until it crashes like every popular electronic music boom.

Guys I absolutely love the food/cooking tip videos you are making!

The sous vite steak, wine decanting and even that fried turkey one back during thanksgiving were great! Please do more!

Top Bottom