• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Zaph

Did the site ever do a big camera roundup / reviews?

Wife wants us to purchase a "nice" camera this year, I don't know anything about them. Figure I would start with Tested, but I only see forum topics, no posts..
I strongly recommend a good Micro Four Thirds camera if it's in your budget. I bought one of the first Sony ones a couple years ago, and I'm about to upgrade to the NEX-7. MFT is a new-ish 'standard' that gives you roughly DSLR quality (same sensor size), but without having to get into photography just to use the damn thing. But if you do decide to take an interest, there are a bunch of manual controls your can play with and you can swap out the lenses. Also, they shoot great video too.

Because of the merger I've just started watching Mythbusters for the first time ever. It can be quite interesting, although it's way too American, but I really don't like Adam or Jamie.

Glad they're not in any of the content on the site. Well, I only care about the podcast since the split from WM, so by content I mean that.

mik83kuu

Banned
problem with 30" monitor imo is being a dual monitor user for ages, you need to buy 2 T_T.

I may be 100% wrong on this one, but I'm under the impression that if you buy a 30" Dell and a 20" Dell, you can have the 20" rotated in portrait mode on the side and the bezels will pretty much line up perfectly.

Because of the merger I've just started watching Mythbusters for the first time ever. It can be quite interesting, although it's way too American, but I really don't like Adam or Jamie.

Glad they're not in any of the content on the site. Well, I only care about the podcast since the split from WM, so by content I mean that.

I love their personalities, but Mythbusters would be my #1 choice for an example of how terrible American TV can be. Sometimes I almost start to do a color coded version of a Mythbusters where I add a red hue over any segment that is repeating what has already been said. This weeks episode was terrible in the fact that during the first two minutes of the show the narrator had explained all the myths twice. I just can't understand what kind of brainless retards they think are watching their shows.

eznark

Banned
Ha, I started going back and watching all the old episodes as well. Netflix seems to have them in a fucked up order so I started watching them on Amazon Instant. Holy crap that interface is shit. PS3, Roku, doesn't matter. Garbagio.

I love their personalities, but Mythbusters would be my #1 choice for an example of how terrible American TV can be. Sometimes I almost start to do a color coded version of a Mythbusters where I add a red hue over any segment that is repeating what has already been said. This weeks episode was terrible in the fact that during the first two minutes of the show the narrator had explained all the myths twice. I just can't understand what kind of brainless retards they think are watching their shows.

I'm watching season 1 and it's like that there too.

"HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO."
"HERE'S WHAT WE'VE JUST DONE."
"HERE'S WHAT WE'LL DO NEXT."
"THIS IS WHAT WE DID BEFORE THE BREAK, NOW WE'RE GOING TO..."

It could be a 30 min show with good editing. So annoying.

Zaph

It's the ADHD editing that really kills Mythbusters for me. Check out this 'streamline' cut. It's an episode re-cut to remove the constant recaps/nonsense and runs the myths consecutively. It's still not a great show, but vastly more watchable IMO.

sixghost

I'm watching season 1 and it's like that there too.

"HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO."
"HERE'S WHAT WE'VE JUST DONE."
"HERE'S WHAT WE'LL DO NEXT."
"THIS IS WHAT WE DID BEFORE THE BREAK, NOW WE'RE GOING TO..."

It could be a 30 min show with good editing. So annoying.

No idea where you'd find them, but if you can watch the first couple seasons, they are much much better. Adam & Jamie actually participate in all the tests/builds, unlike now where the alternates do like 60% of the stuff.

It was also much less produced, so you didn't have so much of the reality show type editing you were talking about. They kind of just pointed a camera at the guys and they talked as they built stuff. Also they didn't end every failed experiment with, "didn't work? Blow that shit up".

Azar

Some of you guys have given feedback recently that you don't read the site or don't find the new content as interesting. If you actually enjoy longer feature content, in general, what would you like to see covered? I've been doing about one feature a week and wouldn't mind hearing what you guys think I should consider for future topics.

Some of you guys have given feedback recently that you don't read the site or don't find the new content as interesting. If you actually enjoy longer feature content, in general, what would you like to see covered? I've been doing about one feature a week and wouldn't mind hearing what you guys think I should consider for future topics.

The Science Behind Why FLCL is So Awesome.

How long till will talks about how much email he gets?

Oh there it is. Counting down till how long he talks about a story then says they're not going to talk about it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I am watching the first few seasons. What I quoted there is what the show was like originally.

Really dislike that type of editing and I agree the show would be a lot better without it. All Discovery and National Geographic shows seem to share this. Feels like they need to amp it up by having overenthusiastic voice-overs teasing the best content every two minutes or it would be boring otherwise but it ends up making the show a lot more disjointed and less genuine. That said I love that there's a show with a concept like this and that it's been around for so long.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

I'm guessing you're Wesley? I really liked the space suit article. Well-researched, unexpected, and interesting. The difference between that piece and the link aggregator stories which otherwise flood the site is tremendous.

TBH, I probably wouldn't hate the link aggregator stories so much if there weren't "Read More" links under each article. It's easy enough to skim past these brief stories, but occasionally I click "Read More" hoping to get some more information, only to realize yep, here's another article with one photo and four sentences, and nope, there isn't actually any more information.

Chuck

Still without luck
Apparently the podcast was posted 9 hours ago and I didn't notice. :/

iNLX3J60EV0n7.png

EPISODE 119 - LICK THE BABY - 5/3/2012

On this week's episode, Gary licks a baby, Will drinks iced coffee, and Norm gets very uncomfortable. All that, plus the Galaxy S III, Blackberry 10, and another episode of fake outtakes.

Jintor

I was walking through campus listening to Tested and Gary started telling his 'piss in a bottle' story and I was just cracking the fuck up. I must have looked insane.

Damn you Gary.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It's the ADHD editing that really kills Mythbusters for me. Check out this 'streamline' cut. It's an episode re-cut to remove the constant recaps/nonsense and runs the myths consecutively. It's still not a great show, but vastly more watchable IMO.

Oh my god that is so much better. I like the hosts and the content but the constant recaps and distractions killed it for me.

What is the "C-word" that Will is forbidden to say?

Also, we had some 1% Will in this episode. Target clerks make $15 an hour? More like $9 an hour Mr. Smith.

Finally, I hope Will's house being the podcast studio becomes permanent. You never know when a squirrel or a corgis will liven things up.

It sucks because if you think the other person is going to steal there's nothing you can do but make sure nobody wins by also stealing. I'd be like 'Bitch, I'm going to steal no matter what. So you choose split and I'll give you $25,000. Otherwise we both get nothing'.

...I probably wouldn't be like that.

Darklord

Banned
All that, plus the Galaxy S III

Let me guess: Galaxy S III coming soon, android sucks, too laggy, ice-cream sandwich, old OS updates, nothing on app store, still can't compete with iOS, Better get their shit together or it'll suck like every other android except nexus which only sort of sucks.

Could someone explain the lie-for-money game-theory thing to my stupid brain that doesn't understand it?

Basically you can only win if the other person trusts you (either by spliting the money with them or stealing it from them)

The guy on the game show said he was going to steal the money no matter what but he would split it if he won. The person he was competing with had no choice but to trust him because they were guarnteed to lose if they didn't

I didn’t think it was as amazing as they made it out to be. Seems like something someone would figure out by episode 3. Still need to watch the clip above to see what that is

Radio lab had a great episode about the Prisoners Dilema awhile back

Jintor

Oh I see, I got confused because they started talking about the dude 'choosing to split it' and I wasn't sure if they meant within the rules of the game or not.

They really need to move the news behind the testing section if Will continues to show no interest in stuff. Wasn't that the old format (like episodes 1 to 50)? Time to go back

panda21

looking forward to listening to this one, the SGS3 and BB10 talk should be interesting. last weeks was great, i loved when
chloe charged brad
. brad should definitely be on more, he's a really good fit for that podcast.

Top Bottom