• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

It's true. I think a fourth chair (ideally a new third booting Whitta, but I know I'm in the minority there) would be a real benefit to the show.

Dunno who you'd get that was sciencey/techy and cool, though.

Megasoum

Banned
That is 100% my favorite part. The certainty with which they speak about stuff that they may or may not know shit about. That, my friend, is Tested!

You know the feeling when you watch a "general" news broadcast (nbc,fox,bbc, whatever) and they talk about something you actually know a lot about (video games for example) and they are COMPLETLY terrible and say bull shit from beginning to end?

Sometimes I have the feeling the podcast is exactly like that but it's talking about stuff I don't necessarly know enough about to notice or prove the BS lol...

bro1

Banned
Did Gary borrow his peeing at Pixar story from Seth Rogan? Seth Rogan told a similar story on Howard Stern.

eznark

Banned
When we went on hockey, baseball and football road trips back in high school the back of the bus would be filled with piss bottles, chew bottles and sometimes a combination of the two.

Seth Rogen didn't play sports, did he?

bro1

Banned
If you heard the Seth story, and how it was told you would hear the similarities. Also, how many celebrities pee in a bottle prior to going into a pitch meeting?

When we went on hockey, baseball and football road trips back in high school the back of the bus would be filled with piss bottles, chew bottles and sometimes a combination of the two.

Seth Rogen didn't play sports, did he?

I was going to ask why the hell you had to do that but then I realized when your schools are probably hundreds of miles away in nowhere Wisconsin I understand.

eznark

Banned
I was going to ask why the hell you had to do that but then I realized when your schools are probably hundreds of miles away in nowhere Wisconsin I understand.

Hockey and baseball specifically we traveled all over the Midwest. The trips up to the UP were the worst.

FStop7

Banned
Surprise twist: The truth is that Seth Rogan was with Gary and it was actually Seth that Gary urinated on before the pitch meeting. It's an ancient 'good luck' custom.

mike23

Will, were you scared shitless when they told you to step back after the machines started beeping like crazy and they ran to another room?

This is not a hipster:

H3jfN.png

eznark

Banned
Milwaukee is the center of the Lego universe this week!

Lego master builder Dan Steininger will be constructing an 8-foot high SpongeBob SquarePants model in Mayfair mall's Center Court from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.

Forget the robots, my children will be subjugated in the future by a race of giant super-humans who were breast feed until their teens

No disease or weapon will harm them

Lombaszko

The digital archiving discussion is so close to home. I work in a television & radio archive and we have weekly meetings about digital preservation. Will and Norm are right, standards and formats change all the time. We also have to figure out how to preserve incoming footage from every digital file type you can imagine.
We don't have tons of money or equipment but we're currently archiving legacy video (3/4", betacam, digi betacam) as 10bit uncompressed quicktime files. I'm sure that'll change when something more affordable and better comes around. For stuff on film, 1" or 2" audio and video tape we make a digital betacam preservation master and an uncompressed digital file. Occasionally we transfer to HDCAM but that's pretty expensive for us.
If you're interested in digital preservation, check out some work we're doing at openvault.wgbh.org.

I really liked hearing about this stuff on the podcast!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
"I didn't want to interact with a robot so I used a computer"

classic Tested

Will: "I hate those dumb warnings and ads before a movie" [/spends 15 minutes bitching about it before the podcast]

Oh don't mind me, just bitter Gary was sick :mad:

Man, fuck headaches. I hate when I get them and medicine never works fast enough

I have pretty much completely stopped visiting tested other than to listen to the podcast whenever it's posted here. New design is still a pain to look at and no resizing of the embedded youtube player and there being no video categories... Ugh. Sorry guys but the new site still sucks. Thought it would be better by now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This have to listen to this weekds podcast can't wait but this is not a good sign guys :(

MnXGT.gif

They need to get back to being a site that tests shit instead of being another BoingBoing and aggregating stuff they found on the Internet.

This whole teaming up with Myth Busters certainly hasn't resulted in them gaining the ability to do cool "tests". Hopefully that changes soon.

Not surprised. I have pretty much completely stopped visiting tested other than to listen to the podcast whenever it's posted here. New design is still a pain to look at and no resizing of the embedded youtube player and there being no video categories... Ugh. Sorry guys but the new site still sucks. Thought it would be better by now.

This, too. It shows how top notch Whiskey's web engineers were.

Top Bottom