• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Poyunch

I liked it when they tested things. I don't even care if it's not necessarily tech related just get back to doing that kind of stuff. I think that's what's made me drop interest in visiting the site as often as I used to,

Dany

Banned
Regarding the podcast at home. Chloe barking is well...not that enjoyable and that screeching of what I assume is the screen door is driving me paranoid.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This have to listen to this weekds podcast can't wait but this is not a good sign guys :(

MnXGT.gif
Like posting Chartz numbers in an NPD thread.

Xater

I liked it when they tested things. I don't even care if it's not necessarily tech related just get back to doing that kind of stuff. I think that's what's made me drop interest in visiting the site as often as I used to,

Same. I rarely visit the site anymore.

To me Tested is as good as ever. I never really had more than a superficial interest in the general tech talk. Some topics I liked, others not so much. Especially when they are talking about American content providers I, as a European, usually feel completely excluded from the discussion. The great chemistry between Norm, Will and Garry was pretty much the only reason why I always came back to the podcast.
And that has very much changed with the wider range of topics they can discuss since since they became Jamie and Adams Tested. I regularly enjoy the topics itself and can't help but feel that the Podcast is at its high point right now.

As for the site itself...yeah, I'm not visiting it either anymore. I just subscribed to their YouTube channel and get the podcast feed through iTunes.

I've watched two seasons of Mythbusters now (the first two) and I don't think I'll continue. It's a pretty terrible show and Jamie and Adam aren't entertaining at all.

I don't really see why Will and Norm were so happy to team up with them... Mythbusters seems like a show they should hate. It's catered towards the lowest common denominator, has terrible editing, is horribly put together etc. The "tests" that Tested did at WM were infinitely better, I think. Any given episode of Mythbusters could easily be one of the things they laid in to in any given episode of the podcast. It's the perfect example of trash American TV.

Basically, I didn't like the re-brand but I thought I'd give Mythbusters a go to see if I understood it more, but now I'm more confused than ever.

I've watched two seasons of Mythbusters now (the first two) and I don't think I'll continue. It's a pretty terrible show and Jamie and Adam aren't entertaining at all.

I don't really see why Will and Norm were so happy to team up with them... Mythbusters seems like a show they should hate. It's catered towards the lowest common denominator, has terrible editing, is horribly put together etc. The "tests" that Tested did at WM were infinitely better, I think. Any given episode of Mythbusters could easily be one of the things they laid in to in any given episode of the podcast. It's the perfect example of trash American TV.

Basically, I didn't like the re-brand but I thought I'd give Mythbusters a go to see if I understood it more, but now I'm more confused than ever.

I don't think we have to worry about Tested becoming like Mythbusters; at least not with Will and Norms personality at the forefront. Partnering with Adam and Jamie, even if you don't like them, has obvious benefits in terms of the number of doors it opens and the opportunities presented. They must have been like kids in a sweet shop in the mythbusters workshop and we haven't seen what they'll be doing with the full time and effort of the crew in a proper office environment.

It would be cool to see them in that workshop. It's just weird it hasn't happened already, it seems like a long time since the re-brand. So far the change hasn't benefited them at all, it's only taken things away from the site.

If we'd had lots of videos of them in that workshop doing crazy things it would be justified.

Protome

This have to listen to this weekds podcast can't wait but this is not a good sign guys :(

MnXGT.gif

I'm sure people will use the site more when the site is actually finished.
Being unable to find the content you are actually interested in makes the current site completely useless, which is a shame because Will and Norm have been posting some great content. But if I can't just see all the quick looks, features, Coffee videos (we need more of those! :p) or whatever easily and need to sift through some, admittedly interesting but not what I come to Tested for, youtube videos of "How Pixar nearly lost Toy Story 2" or whatever then odds are I'm just not going to bother.
It's really weird considering how often the Tested crew talk about how bad the app interfaces are on the 360, when their site currently makes those apps look fantastic in comparison.

So, yeah. The content is still great as ever, the site most definitely is not.

wilsham

Neo Member
I am extremely hopeful for the future of Tested. The podcast is at an all time high I feel, and I think once they get set up properly we are going to see some great content coming from them.

Rulza

Neo Member
Podcast has gotten sooo much better.
Will is less of an obnoxious smart-ass and they have more interesting things to talk about.

I've gotten way less interested in the website though...

i have not tasted all filipino food; that generalization is not appropriate. but hot dogs in spaghetti is not appealing to my palate. i also don't like dim sum. deal with it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Dog training tip for Will: Don't use the dog's name when you are scolding it. This creates a negative association with its name. Rather, use a word (not "no") that is the "doing bad things" word. We use "wrong".

big_z

Hot dogs in spaghetti is cuisine?

It is when you add the cheese whiz to the hot dog spaghetti. Filipino culture seems to have a thing for mixing foods that shouldn't go together. I've seen and tasted some real horrors. Noodles swimming in coconut milk with jello chunks and corn anyone?

Heel

It is when you add the cheese whiz to the hot dog spaghetti. Filipino culture seems to have a thing for mixing foods that shouldn't go together. I've seen and tasted some real horrors. Noodles swimming in coconut milk with jello chunks and corn anyone?

iM0mH9Vtr7ZW2.gif

Chairhome

Wondering if any of the Tested guys saw the 48fps video file that BlueRei (I think that's who it was) put up on here. It didn't sound like they saw the Hobbit preview, so that file that he put up was a good look at what 48fps looks like.

Top Bottom