• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

TheOddOne

- TVLine: The 100 Boss Explains
's Loss, Previews Clarke's Future With Lexa
“When Clarke agrees to stay, she’s doing it largely because she still doesn’t trust Lexa,” Rothenberg acknowledges. “Now that the Sky People have become the 13th Clan, they need an ambassador — and who better than ‘Wanheda’ to stay there and make sure Lexa follows through on what she promised? At the same time, there’s no doubt that Clarke feels tremendous amounts of attraction towards Lexa, but it’s something she’s still resisting. As you saw, when she tried to kill her this week, she couldn’t; there’s something too strong there for her to fight.”

Somnia

That moment when Lexa said she was sorry, that was the turning point for sure. Clarke still doesn't fully trust Lexa (though she might after that kneeling) but you could tell she can't resist the power of those Lexa eyes!

edit: I also find it funny how much I dislike Alycia Debnam-Carey's (Lexa) acting on Fear the Walking Dead, but feel like her so much on The 100.

Kyuur

I would like to start a petition to change the thread title to: "..and then the Ice Nation attacked". Seriously, a prince looking to capture the Avatar Wanheda, killing even his own people to prevent them from falling into their hands? You can't fool me Zuko (although I guess they did sort of turn it on its side at the end there).

Seriously though I'm sure glad this show is back and I really like Zuko 2.0.

Somnia

I would like to start a petition to change the thread title to: "..and then the Ice Nation attacked". Seriously, a prince looking to capture the Avatar Wanheda, killing even his own people to prevent them from falling into their hands? You can't fool me Zuko (although I guess they did sort of turn it on its side at the end there).

Seriously though I'm sure glad this show is back and I really like Zuko 2.0.

I have a feeling the Prince will become a much larger ally and character for Clarke, with how much they've had him on the last episode it just seems like it'll happen.

Plus they were talking alot about him and Clarke working together or being a lot a like before the season started.

Joni

I think it is clear Lexa had to convince Clarke because the Skycrew weapons are the only way she actually stands a chance if so many clans betray her.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
That was quite probably one of the best episodes of the entire series. I was about worried about S3 not living up to the crazy ramp-up that was S2, but the show has been fire since its return.

Pros:

• Clexa.
  • Random carnage.
  • THIS. IS. POOOOOOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.
  • Ice nation being ice cold bastards.
  • Ice Queen looking apropriatedly creepy.
  • The body count. Holy crap, that body count. I think The 100 just turned into The 5 in one clean swoop. Who's keeping the count? Raven and Bellamy don't count since one was a stowaway and the other crashed later. There's Clarke, Murphy, Jasper, Monty, Octavia and... who else?
  • Gaeta lived to see another day. I hope they give him more screen time.

Cons:
  • Bellamy's latest shag being offed was telegraphed since the return of the show. I mean.
  • That grounder musical number was so damn cheesy.

Also, who was the turdling next to the Ice Queen? I'm guessing he's a Mountain Man, but I can't quite remember him.

JIF time:

qib7FAe.gif

V9wVfTi.gif

ZxYlG3d.gif

Lexa bowing to Clarke literally was a marriage proposal in its' own right. Great episode.

Yes.

"she will always put her people first"

Let it be known: Bellamy warned her.

Yes.

Let it be known, Bellamy described Clarke.

All the yes.

So did Lincoln and bro die, Poochie style?

I very much doubt it. But if that's the case, the Bellamy/Octavia tag team is going to run a train on the Ice Nation. They won't know what hit them.

Somnia

That was quite probably one of the best episodes of the entire series. I was about worried about S3 not living up to the crazy ramp-up that was S2, but the show has been fire since its return.

Pros:

• Clexa.
  • Random carnage.
  • THIS. IS. POOOOOOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.
  • Ice nation being ice cold bastards.
  • Ice Queen looking apropriatedly creepy.
  • The body count. Holy crap, that body count. I think The 100 just turned into The 5 in one clean swoop. Who's keeping the count? Raven and Bellamy don't count since one was a stowaway and the other crashed later. There's Clarke, Murphy, Jasper, Monty, Octavia and... who else?
  • Gaeta lived to see another day. I hope they give him more screen time.

Cons:
  • Bellamy's latest shag being offed was telegraphed since the return of the show. I mean.
  • That grounder musical number was so damn cheesy.

Also, who was the turdling next to the Ice Queen? I'm guessing he's a Mountain Man, but I can't quite remember him.
I very much doubt it. But if that's the case, the Bellamy/Octavia tag team is going to run a train on the Ice Nation. They won't know what hit them.

Keep in mind everyone in the building that blew up were the new people they found from the other Ark I believe. So the 100 is still like 40 something.

edit: The Mountain Man next to her is the security guy from last season that lived. The one who Clarke let go back to warn them before he was cured or whatever.

Somnia

So Legends of Tomorrow dropped by two tenths in ratings this week, but The 100 held at .6. That's a good sign for The 100 that it has it's own built in fanbase tuning in and has held steady all season so far.

So Legends of Tomorrow dropped by two tenths in ratings this week, but The 100 held at .6. That's a good sign for The 100 that it has it's own built in fanbase tuning in and has held steady all season so far.

Thatss all they need to get more season but still. underrated CW show D:

TripOpt55

The Ice Queen was definitely Sue Ellen Mischke (heiress to the Oh Henry! candy bar fortune and the bra-less wonder) from Seinfeld.

Midway through. Far too much time spent on people being affectionate and friendly towards each other. The TV Gods will demand blood by episode's end.

Edit: Did anyone else laugh when they first revealed there was an actual woman in the room singing?

Wow, what an episode. I love this show so much. Poor Bellamy lost his girlfriend... whose name I can't remember. Oh well...

Somnia

Wow, what an episode. I love this show so much. Poor Bellamy lost his girlfriend... whose name I can't remember. Oh well...

Don't worry he'll get Clarke after Lexa dies.

Please don't die Lexa, the creators have to see how popular she is :(

I know it's really early in the season and there's plenty of time for mayhem left, but I hope the show isn't developing a tendency to pull its punches. It's certainly willing to kill off relatively nameless redshirts in great numbers, but it's been quite a while since we've lost an actual important character. (Lincoln making it out of last season alive felt like the biggest instance of this.)

Curious to see where the #Clexa thing goes. I like the idea of them having a romantic, Batman-and-Joker kind of dynamic, constantly caught in each other's orbit and always at each other's throats but unable to go through with killing the other, but having them together as a Fandom Couple is something that really doesn't appeal to me. I guess the show hasn't yet given us reason to think they'd put fan pandering above storytelling, but I always get a little worried when showrunners interact so much with shipping stuff online.

[Edit: Just to make it clear, I'm not "against" Clexa, it's just not what I'm looking for from the story. But I 100% understand why people would be passionate about the pairing, particularly since it's the type of characters and relationship we simply don't see enough of on TV.]

Assuming the "grr you killed Whatsherface" thing gets Bellamy set against the grounders and ultimately against Clarke (directly or indirectly), I'm going to go ahead and assume that Clarke kills Bellamy at the end of the season, which would be heartbreaking and awful and pretty fucking rad.

OtachiSlattern

Neo Member
Wow, what a fantastic episode. Like someone else said, this is probably one of the best episodes of the series. Seeing some of the ways of Polis and Grounder culture was awesome.

My favorite parts were the Commander's Sparta scene and without a doubt when the assassin was running out of Mt. Weather and Sinclair and Raven are chasing after him. Raven trying to go back in and tell the others and them being blasted back was sad. Can't wait for next week's episode.

bbd23

Okay just watched this on netflix

WOW!!!!!!! This episode was just everything! almost brought a tear to my eye when queen lexa bowed before clarke. it was beautiful. the scenes with the assassin setting up and then revealing he was at mt. weather was a holy shit moment for me!

- Kane is such a good character
- poor bellamy
- god damn emerson
- no city of light = YAY for me

"Go float yourself" is such a stupid line in a great episode because Lexa had to be like what the fuck does that even mean. If the scene just cut to Lexa asking Indra if that meant Clarke wanted her to go for a dip in the nearest lake I wouldn't even be surprised.

Are there any really bad scifi shows on right now? I'd currently rank it as

Expanse
12 Monkeys
Mr. Robot
Killjoys
The 100
Dark Matter

And I'd have no issue with anyone who reorders that list in pretty much any way.

I guess there is utter crap like Heroes, Under the Dome or Extant but all were cancelled. Haven't seen Colony yet, and not sure if the comic book shows like Agen Carter, Daredevil, Flash, etc would be included in scifi or not?

Coming up we have Westworld, American Gods, Altered Carbon, and Preacher. Haven't seen Man in the HIgh Castle yet. Oh, I guess Sense8 will be divisive to people too.

Somnia

Expanse
12 Monkeys
Mr. Robot
Killjoys
The 100
Dark Matter

And I'd have no issue with anyone who reorders that list in pretty much any way.

I guess there is utter crap like Heroes, Under the Dome or Extant but all were cancelled. Haven't seen Colony yet, and not sure if the comic book shows like Agen Carter, Daredevil, Flash, etc would be included in scifi or not?

Coming up we have Westworld, American Gods, Altered Carbon, and Preacher. Haven't seen Man in the HIgh Castle yet. Oh, I guess Sense8 will be divisive to people too.

Expanse and The Colony are also good scifi shows on right now. Really happy with both of them.

oops you mentioned Expanse.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"Go float yourself" is such a stupid line in a great episode because Lexa had to be like what the fuck does that even mean. If the scene just cut to Lexa asking Indra if that meant Clarke wanted her to go for a dip in the nearest lake I wouldn't even be surprised.

That was the "We back, bitches!" of this season.

*Radioactive begins playing*

I'm going to assume that almost everyone that was in Mt Weather was part of the new Ark group led by Pike?

That was the "We back, bitches!" of this season.

*Radioactive begins playing*

I'm going to assume that almost everyone that was in Mt Weather was part of the new Ark group led by Pike?
CW's obsession with that song haunts me. Or well, they probably had the rights left over from using in that one Arrow episode.

I apologize if this was already discussed... Is the tower/summit location a place in today's world somewhere?

It is, we just don't know where it is. We do, however, know where it isn't. Jason Rothenberg was kind enough to confirm on Twitter that Polis (the name of the capital) is not Annapolis, MD. That's all we know right now.

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike shipping? The further away I am from being exposed to shipper nonsense the better. Like with other shows I get way too agitated by those whose only interest in the show seems to be who Clarke ends up with.

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike shipping? The further away I am from being exposed to shipper nonsense the better. Like with other shows I get way too agitated by those whose only interest in the show seems to be who Clarke ends up with.

Believe me, you're not the only one. I really hate it when shippers a) attack actors because they aren't part of their favorite ship b) only want to talk about ships instead of other really important things, or c) choose to talk about shipping at the worst possible times and in the worst possible context.

uhm excuse me, how dare you?! bellarke will rise and you will be pay for your words.

Expanse
12 Monkeys
Mr. Robot
Killjoys
The 100
Dark Matter

Mr. Robot is considered Sci Fi? Why?

KorrZ

I seriously love this show. Great episode once again. I also love that it comes up on Netflix right away the day after airing. Netflix Canada great job guys.

Wasn't there a scene in s1 or s2 where Octavia is napping under some ruins that suggested the New York area?

You're probably thinking of the season 2 premiere when she is sleeping next to the Lincoln Memorial. This is close to TonDC
which is Washington DC
. It is believed that the Dead Zone is modern day New York (this can be seen in the season 2 opening).

Mount Weather, the place that just blew up, is a real place located in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia. Since they travel to and from there in under 24 hours by foot, horse, and car we are pretty much on the middle east coast around the Virginia and Baltimore areas. If you read google maps or Yelp on it a bunch of 100 fans have left comments on it.

The polis tower did look a bit like LA's famous record label tower but way, way, way taller.

Hamlet

Another great episode. Loved the reveal of both the Ice Queen and Emerson at the end. Hoping we get to find out more about her and Prince Roan soon. Poor Gina though, I wasn't expecting her to last long with Bellamy but man the show sure went out of it's way to get rid of her.

Likely everyone except Pike himself and Monty's mum (who I'm assuming stayed with him at the ark, but I might be wrong about that).

Pike said that there were 36 of them in there and in the previous episode he said there were 63 survivors from Farm Station. So yeah quite a blow to the leftover survivors of Farm Station. More fuel on the fire for Pike's anti grounder stance.

Still gets me with lexa Sparta kicking him and then asking the people about questioning her decision and their face was like nope.

Pfft, don't tell me you're not onboard with Darryl X White Josh.

I think shipping is all in good fun until people start getting weird and obsessive about it, allowing it to warp their perceptions of the show and sometimes the actual romantic relationships portrayed. Or doing crazy shit like harassing actors and showrunners, etc.

Honestly, I've never really concerned myself that much with who gets with who so nah. If it leads to the characters being in a better place than they were before or at least moves their story along I roll with it for the most part, admitted there have been instances of where I don't like characters that are clearly horrible for each other or knowing how unlikable one character is getting with another character and just ones that make no sense getting together, worse if it's a known ship and it feels like the characters are being put together to pander to a segment of fans. I do more hate the obsessive nature that seems to come with it for a lot of people and it being all they care about.

Skux

Just started watching this series after hearing good things about it on other CW TV threads. 8 episodes into season 1 so far and loving it. The tension of survival is really well done, both on the ground and the Ark.

The characters are starting to get fleshed out as well, especially Bellamy. I like that people aren't necessarily evil, they just have different agendas.

The only thing that bugged me is Blake's behaviour after Wells' death. She spends zero time mourning her best friend's death, and then immediately goes to defend his killer? I was like

Joni

It is, we just don't know where it is. We do, however, know where it isn't. Jason Rothenberg was kind enough to confirm on Twitter that Polis (the name of the capital) is not Annapolis, MD. That's all we know right now.

It's gonna drive me nuts

Me and a whole bunch of people on the show's subreddit have been trying to figure it out for a long time.

It has to be something like Baltimore, Richmond, maybe Philadelphia with the Murano or Pittsburgh. It depends if it is based on an existing one and how far the Coalation goes.

Top Bottom