• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Joni

there's hard choices and there's ridiculously unreasonable punishments
There are two possibilities; you either give people a work punishment or you float them. Anything like putting them in prison would be a waste of resources. The only reason why they did with the kids was a showing that they couldn't be ruthless enough.

There are two possibilities; you either give people a work punishment or you float them. Anything like putting them in prison would be a waste of resources. The only reason why they did with the kids was a showing that they couldn't be ruthless enough.

sending them to earth was basically killing them. i honestly don't believe the same jaha/kane/abby/etc. would agree to life in prison/sent to earth for someone like octavia who didn't commit any crime or the 12 year old charlotte who's crime was attacking a guard... after both her parents were killed.

the whole society just seems half-baked. all these people who were being floated and yet none of the remaining people harboured grudges except a couple of the kids? you'd think that people wouldn't be loyal to jaha and kane or anyone who was part of the leadership from the ark. all the parents who thought their kids were dead or who's kids actually died on earth... where are they?

it just feels like they did a 180 early on in season 1, but the main catalyst for the whole story can't be changed so now they're just handwaving it away.

KorrZ

sending them to earth was basically killing them. i honestly don't believe the same jaha/kane/abby/etc. would agree to life in prison/sent to earth for someone like octavia who didn't commit any crime or the 12 year old charlotte who's crime was attacking a guard... after both her parents were killed.

the whole society just seems half-baked. all these people who were being floated and yet none of the remaining people harboured grudges except a couple of the kids? you'd think that people wouldn't be loyal to jaha and kane or anyone who was part of the leadership from the ark. all the parents who thought their kids were dead or who's kids actually died on earth... where are they?

it just feels like they did a 180 early on in season 1, but the main catalyst for the whole story can't be changed so now they're just handwaving it away.

Well, the whole thing for the kids who were imprisoned was that they would have been floated once they hit 18 anyways. So it was, well, they're going to die for sure (and potentially all of us too) or they might have a chance to survive on Earth, and save everyone else in the process.

Joni

It is basically cowardice. They might want to be outraged but they know why it is being done, they don't want to sufficate on board. I think the main issue is the numbers. The amount of people in jail just doesn't make sense with the amount of people on board.

It is basically cowardice. They might want to be outraged but they know why it is being done, they don't want to sufficate on board. I think the main issue is the numbers. The amount of people in jail just doesn't make sense with the amount of people on board.

There's also the issue of them only ever having grown up in that society and knowing nothing else. I guarantee that when the second generation was growing up, their parents showed a ton of dissent toward the government.

saunderez

I think the writers forgot about that. Clarke's "i'll float you" kinda struck me by surprise though since I assume Lexa (or whomever she was talking to) doesn't know what the hell that means.

I don't think they forgot at all, that's how the Ark inhabitants described executing someone, it makes total sense for Clarke to use the same terminology. Technically its incorrect but plenty of words in the English are like that.

That's just their version of "go fuck yourself" for network TV. Though really that would probably be more like telling someone to kill themselves.

I see the whole "go float yourself" line as more something the characters would actually say seeing as "float" has become slang for kill due to their time on the Ark. (S1E4
the kids are chanting "Float him" when they attempt to lynch Murphy
) Based on the events in S1E4, I would be hesitant to say that "float" is used the same way Chinese was used on Firefly or "Frakkin'" was used on BSG.

Joni

There's also the issue of them only ever having grown up in that society and knowing nothing else. I guarantee that when the second generation was growing up, their parents showed a ton of dissent toward the government.

It is probably also something that just didn't happen back then except for very serious crimes. They simply didn't have that overpopulation issue, and the war between the stations helped cull people.

Alastor3

Just finished ep4 au season 2, got I hate that show so much sometimes, characters are so stupid huuuurggggg yet I still want to see what happen next.

Skux

I am all caught up! Season 3 took a while to get started but it seems they've set up the big arc now. I'm not much of a fan of the political stuff, I prefer the survival stuff. I want more hard decisions are moral quandaries!

Still have no idea where this City of Light business is heading, but I can wait longer for that provided the main story has enough drive.

could be the film effect or budget or living in that world so long it made her black inside.
I could see the show using the explanation that the amount of radiation exposure might cause all Grounders or anyone living on the planet before the 100 dropped to develop different colored blood.

Just saw last week's. Too good. Between Lexa dealing with the Ice Nation dude and the editing of the Mt. Weather scene. So glad this show is back.

hopefully they don't spend half of the episode talking about mt weather.

we should also see more of monty. where's Monty and jasper. i'm still waiting for deaths.
waiting for a charlotte/wells moment.

i keep reading it as Brenda Song

Brenda-Song-20th-century-fox-deal.jpg

Joni

There might be something wrong with you if you brag about blowing up a fake baby.
It is also too subtle if you have to announce it yourself a week later.

Jason has said that he actually really hard to show the dead children after the irradiation of Mt. Weather so I think is him being tongue in cheek and getting around the censors at Standards and Practices.

Lexa smart. I mean obviously she bowed for personal reasons but having a 13th clan with Clarke representing means she's got one vote to always go for her.

Top Bottom