• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Alastor3

Im at season 1 episode 9, I stopped halfway,
Clarke is turning into a super bitch by being influenced by others
I still don't know if I should continue. I like that the characters are not black or white (mentaly, not physicaly) but the writing is still bad and I can predict almost everything that will happen :/

Assuming the "grr you killed Whatsherface" thing gets Bellamy set against the grounders and ultimately against Clarke (directly or indirectly), I'm going to go ahead and assume that Clarke kills Bellamy at the end of the season, which would be heartbreaking and awful and pretty fucking rad.

Whilst I doubt anything like that will happen in this season and I really like Bellamy, there's a fucked up part of me that wants to see Clarke kill him.

Pike said that there were 36 of them in there and in the previous episode he said there were 63 survivors from Farm Station. So yeah quite a blow to the leftover survivors of Farm Station. More fuel on the fire for Pike's anti grounder stance.

Thanks, I must've missed that. So, not all of them then.

Joni

Really? That Arrow episode aired in May 2013, and the 100's first episode was March 2014.
Pilots are usually filmed around March-May before being picked up for series around June-July. So it is likely that it was around the same moment they picked that song. It just started airing late because The CW had enough strong performers.

Won

Caught up with the last 2 episodes. Nope, still don't care about grounder politics. Looks like I have to bail out of this show soon.

Sheik

Still reeling from 303. Loved every second of it!

Lexa is the most beautiful broom in a closet full of brooms. She gon' step on the prince's face.

Faenix1

I'm so happy Lexa (Whos actress' name is escaping me right now but it starts with A) is still in this show despite her Fear the Walking Dead role.

She's 100x better in this than that crap.

Joni

Caught up with the last 2 episodes. Nope, still don't care about grounder politics. Looks like I have to bail out of this show soon.
I think indeed they will continue this focus, they will ramp up the action again but the politïcal aspect seems vital.

OtachiSlattern

Neo Member
Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike shipping?

I knooooooow. I can't stand it. I went to Jason Rothenberg's (the show's main writer and exec producer) Twitter yesterday and the Belarkers (is that what they're called?) were attacking a lot of the writers and cast about "Clarke not choosing Bellamy" last episode. Rothenberg had to send out a tweet that his job is to tell a good story and not pander to the fans.

Like chill out people.

Joni

I knooooooow. I can't stand it. I went to Jason Rothenberg's (the show's main writer and exec producer) Twitter yesterday and the Belarkers (is that what they're called?) were attacking a lot of the writers and cast about "Clarke not choosing Bellamy" last episode. Rothenberg had to send out a tweet that his job is to tell a good story and not pander to the fans.

Like chill out people.
They do make a good and loyal audience so you can't scare them away too much.

Jason Rothenberg ‏@JRothenbergTV
As you take this ride, remember: no one is safe. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here." Our job is to move you, not pander to you. #The100

The Arrow writers could learn a lot from him.

OtachiSlattern

Neo Member
They do make a good and loyal audience so you can't scare them away too much.

True, but a lot of them take it too far, which I guess is what puts me off from it all together. The way they see things are kind of extreme imo. Like this past episode, you had Bellamy being sad that his sister, the person he loves the most, is going to leave him and that his girlfriend and 30+ innocent people got blown up in Mt.Weather, but as a shipper you get upset and focus on that Clarke didn't go back with him when he asked.

But like you said, they do bring loyal viewers, and the 100 needs whatever viewers they can get tbh. I'm just glad that the season has been going well, and they haven't gotten into Arrow or TVD of pandering.

Damn good episode.

One question though, how's that dude from Mt Weather able to survive outside? I forget, was he one of the very few to get a full transplant?

Like chill out people.

I need to follow this man.

Arrow writers take note indeed.

Hamlet

Damn good episode.

One question though, how's that dude from Mt Weather able to survive outside? I forget, was he one of the very few to get a full transplant?

Yep, Emerson is one of the few given the full marrow treatment. He gets it after barely getting back to mount weather after Clarke gives him 6 hours of oxygen to get back there and deliver a message.

Yep, Emerson is one of the few given the full marrow treatment. He gets it after barely getting back to mount weather after Clarke gives him 6 hours of oxygen to get back there and deliver a message.

Ah, of course. Thanks for the reminder.

Will be interesting to see how heavily he features going forward, I like that there's still one guy from Mt Weather out there.

strafer

Yes. And it was quite brutal even. Poor girl.

I really like Lexa's actress in this but can't stand her in Fear the Walking Dead. Hope she sticks to this show.

On Walking Dead she plays a typical annoying teen girl...on this show she plays a strong warrior woman.

I prevfer this.l

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
How are you mod.

What sorcery is this.

bDMoEr9.gif

Yes. And it was quite brutal even. Poor girl.

I really like Lexa's actress in this but can't stand her in Fear the Walking Dead. Hope she sticks to this show.
She's not that annoying. She loves her brother and even cleaned his vomit. I mean the brother was more annoying than her. I think the only time was her trying to be with her boyfriend.

My favorite was the battle with Clarke and the grounder. Bit then anh scene with Clarke always gets me sans the angry moment this season lol

Anko

This war has me worrying for Lexa's safety. I fear she might die protecting the arkers, what with her getting down her knees to swear it and all. That's a death flag.

carlsojo

This war has me worrying for Lexa's safety. I fear she might die protecting the arkers, what with her getting down her knees to swear it and all.

When she told Clarke about how the Commander is chosen by a spirit or whatever choosing after they die, I thought it was a huge flag for Lexa eventually dying and Clarke taking over.

This war has me worrying for Lexa's safety. I fear she might die protecting the arkers, what with her getting down her knees to swear it and all. That's a death flag.
I'm hoping it might be a red herring, there are a lot of signs pointing to Lexa potentially dying so I wish it's just something to throw us off.

Skux

Man I did not expect to binge this show so fast.

I just finished season 2 and it's been an emotionally draining experience.

At the end of the day there aren't really any good guys, and not even any bad guys. Just people trying to survive and having different ideas about it. But that's also what makes it so intense to watch.

I wonder if this season will end with another atrocity lol

On to season 3!

Man I did not expect to binge this show so fast.

I just finished season 2 and it's been an emotionally draining experience.

At the end of the day there aren't really any good guys, and not even any bad guys. Just people trying to survive and having different ideas about it. But that's also what makes it so intense to watch.

I wonder if this season will end with another atrocity lol

On to season 3!

So far season 3 has been awesome. Have fun and we'll see you in episode 4!!

TheOddOne

- IGN: The 100: Marie Avgeropoulos on an Octavia and Bellamy Rift and mending fences with Idra.
IGN: The season premiere had that great sequence of her riding the horse next to the RV - which also felt symbolic of the fact that she really wouldn’t want to get in that RV. Does she always feel this distance between herself and the others?

Avgeropoulos: Octavia and the horse sort of helps complete the arc of who she has become, similar to how last year it was Octavia and her sword. She didn’t want to be a gunner she wanted to be a Grounder. It symbolizes the independent young woman she’s become, compared to the defensive, unpredictable young girl that landed on that dropship with the rest of the group.
IGN: We’ve really seen in the first episodes of the season how uncomfortable Octavia is among those in Arkadia.

Marie Avgeropoulos: Yeah, Octavia worked her butt off to finally become accepted with somebody and that somebody being the Grounders, through Lincoln. He’s pretty much the only one that’s ever believed in her and when she chose Bellamy over the Grounders, Indra revoked her position as the second in command and that definitely left her feeling back to square one again and not belonging anywhere at all. So in Season 3, she’s back with the group, but she’s at odds with Bellamy,
and he does something horrible that will forever change their relationship.
IGN: Meanwhile, there’s this whole City of Light storyline that’s happening off from everything else. Will everything start to intersect more as the season progresses?

Avgeropoulos:
The City of Light isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. it’s not this perfect, amazing place.
There’s a lot of artificial intelligence that you’ll see in Season 3. The show gets really sci-fi, which there wasn’t a lot of in Season 2, so you’ll see how these worlds interact and cross with one another. it becomes a major threat to the group.

Zalasta

I'm an episode behind, Clarke's captor is the prince yet none of the scouts from the Ice Nation recognized him? OK...that makes sense.

I still maintain that the characterization on the show is wildly inconsistent. Lincoln trying to be assimilated into the Ark group contrasted with Octavia going in the other direction and playing grounder. She is fast becoming one of the most annoying character, since besides falling in love with a grounder, there was never any real explanation why she continue to identify herself with them.

Joni

I'm an episode behind, Clarke's captor is the prince yet none of the scouts from the Ice Nation recognized him? OK...that makes sense.
He was banished from the Grounders, which might mean he wasn't home for a long time.

I still maintain that the characterization on the show is wildly inconsistent. Lincoln trying to be assimilated into the Ark group contrasted with Octavia going in the other direction and playing grounder. She is fast becoming one of the most annoying character, since besides falling in love with a grounder, there was never any real explanation why she continue to identify herself with them.
There were clear indications, mainly related to being accepted by them through Lincoln and Indra while the Arkers killed her mom and locked her up for the crime of existing. She was punished again for chosing her brother over the grounders, a decision that nobody in the Ark really cared about despite the fact she gave up so much in that moment.

Marie says it perfectly herself in the above interview:
And now he’s kind of becoming an Arker in his weird way... That jacket symbolizes the people that used to come in and do the inspections while she was under the floor and her brother worked for the guard and all the people that floated her mother and did all of these horrible things. She wanted to get away from that and run away from them and start over again. She thought that’s what they were working toward so it’s kind of a blow to the gut when he walks out with that jacket on and they’re staying. That’s not what she had in mind for their happy ending together.

Zalasta

Sorry, that wasn't clear to me at all. Lincoln aside, Indra may have accepted her and agreed to mentor her, but that relationship was never fleshed out in season 2. I don't think the two of them have even been in the same scene this season. So while that explanation sounds great, that wasn't how the show presented Octavia's journey to becoming a grounder. From what I remembered it was her love for Lincoln and at the time knowing he was not going to be accepted by the Ark group, she chose to go with him instead. None of the so called inner turmoil and her own ill treatment, which seems more like anecdotal evidence because that's not at all how her character and motivation was portrayed. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall an instance where she renounced her origin because of how she was treated.

To be honest, I didn't really have a problem with this until she shamed Lincoln, acting as if she's been a grounder all her life. If anyone would know what he is going through it should be her, yet somehow she felt it was her place to do that, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Somnia

Sorry, that wasn't clear to me at all. Lincoln aside, Indra may have accepted her and agreed to mentor her, but that relationship was never fleshed out in season 2. I don't think the two of them have even been in the same scene this season. So while that explanation sounds great, that wasn't how the show presented Octavia's journey to becoming a grounder. From what I remembered it was her love for Lincoln and at the time knowing he was not going to be accepted by the Ark group, she chose to go with him instead. None of the so called inner turmoil and her own ill treatment, which seems more like anecdotal evidence because that's not at all how her character and motivation was portrayed. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall an instance where she renounced her origin because of how she was treated.

To be honest, I didn't really have a problem with this until she shamed Lincoln, acting as if she's been a grounder all her life. If anyone would know what he is going through it should be her, yet somehow she felt it was her place to do that, which couldn't be further from the truth.

She never openly reounced her origin, but she never had to. She was living in a hole in the floor her whole lift, got out finally and because of that her mom was killed and she was then thrown back into another hole to live. She was then sent to Earth with 99 other kids to basically die.

She then meets a grounder and falls in love with him. In Season 2 the Grounders and The Ark make an alliance, she clearly wants to prove herself and gets the crap beat out of her in the process. Indra then takes her in, we didn't see the training with Indra on screen, so we don't know what happened there. Octavia clearly felt more at home with the Grounders than the Arkers.

She's never belonged anywhere before, she felt like she belonged with the Grounders, but sacrificed that for her brother. Now she doesn't belong anywhere (in her mind). I think that's pretty obvious.

Joni

It is a matter of show, not tell. They showed us what happened to Octavia and how it affected her. She is the one that goes wild on Earth, because she is free. She is the one most eager to join the Grounders, as she needs to get away from the Arkers.

you know what always bothered me? how ruthless their society was and then they come down to earth and none of the leaders seem as murderous and tyrannical as they were in space. like all those kids were sent to die and were basically in prison for life because the it's either life in prison or execution. remember that lame little girl from season 1... sent to die on earth. like... octavia didnt even commit a crime lmao. her mom was killed cuz she had a 2nd kid... 17 years ago!!!

i'll never get over it tbh.

jwk94

you know what always bothered me? how ruthless their society was and then they come down to earth and none of the leaders seem as murderous and tyrannical as they were in space. like all those kids were sent to die and were basically in prison for life because the it's either life in prison or execution. remember that lame little girl from season 1... sent to die on earth. like... octavia didnt even commit a crime lmao. her mom was killed cuz she had a 2nd kid... 17 years ago!!!

I think the writers forgot about that. Clarke's "i'll float you" kinda struck me by surprise though since I assume Lexa (or whomever she was talking to) doesn't know what the hell that means.

Joni

They didn't want to be ruthless, they just had to make hard choices. Kane, Abby and Jaha are all clearly not prepared to take them outside of those circumstances.

Top Bottom