• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

foxtrot3d

Banned
Unlike the rest of you I agree with Pike in sentiment just not in tactics. The Ark crew bending the knew to Lexa is utterly ridiculous, they should either remain independent or seize power and take leadership of all the Grounder tribes.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jeez, bellamy....really?!?
Bruh.....another character suicide incoming.
Promo clip spoilers:

Really feels like it going off that promo for next week. I hope it's a fake out cause it's treading awfully close to Finns storyline.

NightOnyx

What a weird episode. It had some of the best stuff ever in the series with the Lexa/Clarke stuff, but then the rest of the episode just felt really weak to me.

The Jasper stuff is terrible. I never really like Jasper, but his pity party is so damn annoying. What makes it worse is that I hate these scenes, but I really like Monty, so he's even bringing him down. Can we please have more John Murphy and less Jasper please!

The worst part of the episode for me is the Bellamy stuff though, who is one of my favorite characters. It's like all the character growth he's gone through the past 2 years has gone out the window. Bellamy would not go and agree to kill 300 innocent grounders. Sure he would be pissed and feel guilty for the stuff that happened last week, but he wouldn't just turn on all grounders like that. I mean he was in the damn room last week when the Ice Nation took responsibility for the bombing. If anything he would be going after that clan, not an innocent group of grounders. Also, could someone please fill Pike in on what has happened the past 2 season? I get why his character is needed, and why he hates grounders, by it's frustrating that someone hasn't talked some sense into this guy yet.

So yeah, just some really clunky writing in my opinion. It's almost like one person wrote all the cool Clarke/Lexa stuff and some idiot wrote the rest of the episode. Seriously though, thank goodness that other stuff is so good, because this would have been a disaster of an episode. Lexa in that dress at the end helped improved the episode a ton too I might add.

foxtrot3d

Banned
What a weird episode. It had some of the best stuff ever in the series with the Lexa/Clarke stuff, but then the rest of the episode just felt really weak to me.

The Jasper stuff is terrible. I never really like Jasper, but his pity party is so damn annoying. What makes it worse is that I hate these scenes, but I really like Monty, so he's even bringing him down. Can we please have more John Murphy and less Jasper please!

The worst part of the episode for me is the Bellamy stuff though, who is one of my favorite characters. It's like all the character growth he's gone through the past 2 years has gone out the window. Bellamy would not go and agree to kill 300 innocent grounders. Sure he would be pissed and feel guilty for the stuff that happened last week, but he wouldn't just turn on all grounders like that. I mean he was in the damn room last week when the Ice Nation took responsibility for the bombing. If anything he would be going after that clan, not an innocent group of grounders. Also, could someone please fill Pike in on what has happened the past 2 season? I get why his character is needed, and why he hates grounders, by it's frustrating that someone hasn't talked some sense into this guy yet.

So yeah, just some really clunky writing in my opinion. It's almost like one person wrote all the cool Clarke/Lexa stuff and some idiot wrote the rest of the episode. Seriously though, thank goodness that other stuff is so good, because this would have been a disaster of an episode. Lexa in that dress at the end helped improved the episode a ton too I might add.

I disagree that any of this is poor writing it all makes complete sense. Bellamy came around to the idea that Grounders could be trusted, he was willing to work with them and Clarke towards peace. However, last episode he witnessed first hand what that trust brought him. He trusted a Grounder unequivocally because she had aided them in the past and as a result 49 people, including his girlfriend and some little children, were blown to bits. Throw this on top of the fact that Lexa abandoned the Ark crew last season in their last hour and you can see what Bellamy has come around to the idea that they can NOT be trusted.

In fact, it's actually kinda asinine for Kane to be so "let's all work with Lexa," she's merely providing a "peace keeping force." This is coming from a Commander who has proven to be a repeated liar and oathbreaker. She may need the Ark crew now and claim they will be protected but how can they be certain she won't throw them under the bus the minute it becomes convenient? When you look at your average Ark survivor what evidence do you have that Grounders can be trusted in any way?

At no point have they brought nothing but trouble upon a group of people who merely wish to survive and leave in peace at their little base. It's hardly surprising that many people are tired of offering their hand in peace when it is repeatedly slapped back into their face.

Honestly people who think Clarke and Bellamy are going to actually happen need to accept the facts.

Never liked Bellamy, dude has been a shithead on the wrong side of things since the first episode they tried to build him up in season two and what felt like putting Finn in Bellamy's position last season before they mercifully got rid of him too so now Bellamy is back on track to being the sack of shit he always was meant to be. I never got the love for Bellamy though I'm sure that when it comes to shippers "he's hot" has had something to do with it.

This show has like, collectively the worst lead male characters on a TV series. Pike? Yeah we've known since the trailer but really, fuck that guy too.

freoleo29

I am hoping Murphy is just going to show back up at the camp with Emori or something because they have not touched on his story for the last 2 episodes and we are missing out on now one of the best characters in the show!

If this does happen then I am hoping that Kane, Abbey and their portion of the skaikru leave Pike and Farm station to die (or to do their own thing, Kane wouldn't "leave them to die") and instead take off with Murphy and explore this City of Light story.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fuckin hate Jasper and his emo arc, sry. Also Bellamy...you used to be smart but then again his GF just died so its understandable that he is a wreck.

Get interviewed in several major publications after having 30 seconds of screen time at the end of one episode.

Killed off the following episode.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise and the highlight of the episode for me. I wasn't a huge fan of the stunts in the fight scene, though some of it was ok, and the Bellamy turn felt unearned to me. I can understand structurally why it'd happen, but the superficial coverage that his girlfriend received before being killed didn't give it any weight.

I am hoping Murphy is just going to show back up at the camp with Emori or something because they have not touched on his story for the last 2 episodes and we are missing out on now one of the best characters in the show!

If this does happen then I am hoping that Kane, Abbey and their portion of the skaikru leave Pike and Farm station to die (or to do their own thing, Kane wouldn't "leave them to die") and instead take off with Murphy and explore this City of Light story.

they are probably going to go back to the other story when we get near a cliffhanger between the nations. we need to go back to jaha/murphy and the city of light!

probably the next episode after this hopefully.
- Extended promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

Or they have it shown in the next episode lol.

Somnia

I hate Pike and Bellamy right now, but I'm not surprised at Bellamy's turn at all.

People need to remember who and what he has done in the past, he never truely trusted the grounders, but alligned with them because of Clarke. He finally put his full trust in a grounder and she betrayed him, got 30+ people killed along with his girlfriend. He's clearly acting out in smite and anger which isn't unheard of... also... spoiler from next week's preview:
he clearly says they've gone too far, he realizes what he did and he probably knows what he did was wrong after it happened, he was working on pure emotion and it hit him after he did it, nothing new here.

Dynasty

well Jaha you is back next episode, can't wait to see how everyone reacts when they find out he is crazy. I definitely see Jasper taking the drug and hopefully we get to see the best character in the show Murphy.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought Bellamy was setting up the new people to get caught for their plan...but nope, he was all in. What are you doing, bro?

I wonder what it's going to take to shake Jasper out of his funk. He is unstable as float.

I honestly thought this was the end for Lexa. Glad it wasn't, she's too good to be taken out right now. Did not see the Queen of the Ice Nation being killed coming at all. I figured she would be an adversary for the rest of the season.

Lexa was wonderfully dramatic this episode. She just would not shut up about her death to Clarke, and I'm happy the writers took notice of that and acknowledged it with Clarke teasing her about that near the end of the episode.

No Oprah bread commercials this time around.

Sober

Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise and the highlight of the episode for me. I wasn't a huge fan of the stunts in the fight scene, though some of it was ok, and the Bellamy turn felt unearned to me. I can understand structurally why it'd happen, but the superficial coverage that his girlfriend received before being killed didn't give it any weight.
Yeah I sorta feel the same way. Now I sorta understand why Maureen Ryan and Ryan McGee were a little down on this season around this point. I think it sorta makes sense for Bellamy to join Pike but I feel like it needed a little bit longer to stew maybe. Like I was physically yelling at the show because even if Bellamy is pissed he should know they're probably going to be shooting at the wrong set of grounders.

Joni

It shows again how right Octavia is about her own people. I hope she will unite with Clarke and Kane in killing off the revolution. I actually half hope Kane already warned the grounders and that they are just outside waiting to kill everyone that comes out. But it could be amazing to have a war with Clarke against her own. The political stuff including the battle was great. Game of Thrones quality, well, outside of that one Thrones fight. Liked that it also explained the dark blood and that Roan and Lexa are still alive. Would have felt awful if one of them died.

Anko

Yeah Indra having a radio better not be a throwaway line.
Well, Indra may have a radio but is she with the 300? There's no point if she's just as far away from them as the arkers are. Heck, Arkadia might even be closer since the army was supposed to be guarding them.

Lexa was wonderfully dramatic this episode. She just would not shut up about her death to Clarke, and I'm happy the writers took notice of that and acknowledged it with Clarke teasing her about that near the end of the episode.

No Oprah bread commercials this time around.

But she can eat BREAD and still lose weight! BREAD!

Joni

Well, Indra may have a radio but is she with the 300? There's no point if she's just as far away from them as the arkers are. Heck, Arkadia might even be closer since the army was supposed to be guarding them.
She should be, she is leading that clan.

Indra reminds me of Michonne from TWD. she starts out tough. ends up nice. i wonder if Indra will go back to the way she was in the beginning or just lose her way.

Joni

Indra reminds me of Michonne from TWD. she starts out tough. ends up nice. i wonder if Indra will go back to the way she was in the beginning or just lose her way.

She still has that hard exterior, but I think she'll become very hard again as well. But I think she'll die sacrificing herself for Octavia.

Faenix1

Only thing that bugged me is making that bald dude the leader. Majority of Arkadia is a moron.

After everything these idiots - especially the kids - have been through and you make some "new" guy the leader that has the wrong attitude. He's gonna undo everything they've worked for.

Joni

Only thing that bugged me is making that bald dude the leader. Majority of Arkadia is a moron.

After everything these idiots - especially the kids - have been through and you make some "new" guy the leader that has the wrong attitude. He's gonna undo everything they've worked for.
But the thing is, those adults haven't been through a thing. They missed the first grounder war, Clarke decided the battle with Mt. Weather and they have been at peace with the Grounders since. They should end up completely destroyed.

I find it interesting how looking at the way the narrative is, the Grounders are a lot more sympathetic than those in Arkadia. Given the Grounders were the bad guys in a way of the first season, the more we look into their culture, the more likable they become.

sammex

I thought the whole Bellamy and Pike thing was stupid. How did he win a vote for chancellor when a load of his people just got blown up in Mt Weather? I may be wrong on this but surely there'd be more people left who are likely to vote for Kane? Too many things felt rushed, like talking about the election happening and then suddenly this new guy is elected whilst in prison for stealing guns to go start a war and we see nothing about it. Apparently you can talk Bellamy into doing anything with a couple of shots of alcohol because being tricked by one grounder doesn't justify attempted mass homicide of completely unrelated grounders, even if you're feeling guilty about getting your girlfriend killed.

Joni

I thought the whole Bellamy and Pike thing was stupid. How did he win a vote for chancellor when a load of his people just got blown up in Mt Weather? I may be wrong on this but surely there'd be more people left who are likely to vote for Kane? Too many things felt rushed, like talking about the election happening and then suddenly this new guy is elected whilst in prison for stealing guns to go start a war and we see nothing about it. Apparently you can talk Bellamy into doing anything with a couple of shots of alcohol because being tricked by one grounder doesn't justify attempted mass homicide of completely unrelated grounders, even if you're feeling guilty about getting your girlfriend killed.

Because sometimes the person claiming populist racist stuff wins the election.

I think they have something planned for pike and its probably for the best to let him be temp? Chancellor.

sammex

Because sometimes the person claiming populist racist stuff wins the election.

Over night whilst in prison? I could accept it if he had had time to go around campaigning for an episode or two but all of his most trusted people were locked up with him. It's a reach at best.

I think they have something planned for pike and its probably for the best to let him be temp? Chancellor.

I hope so - it sort of crossed my mind when Bellamy started saying trust me etc when they were going out with the guns that they might be playing a con but I'm not sure how it'd work now.

foxtrot3d

Banned

You should read my last comments, it makes total sense.

It shows again how right Octavia is about her own people. I hope she will unite with Clarke and Kane in killing off the revolution. I actually half hope Kane already warned the grounders and that they are just outside waiting to kill everyone that comes out. But it could be amazing to have a war with Clarke against her own. The political stuff including the battle was great. Game of Thrones quality, well, outside of that one Thrones fight. Liked that it also explained the dark blood and that Roan and Lexa are still alive. Would have felt awful if one of them died.

Nah, it shows that Octavia is a naive little girl with a fetish for Grounders.

Joni

Over night whilst in prison? I could accept it if he had had time to go around campaigning for an episode or two but all of his most trusted people were locked up with him. It's a reach at best.
They had a terrorist event happening on the night of an election which is known to cause a shift to the right, even with candidates winning elections that had no chance before. They were also all chanting his name.

Nah, it shows that Octavia is a naive little girl with a fetish for Grounders.
Ending by accident on the side of reason?

The OT i s real.
We all believed you were Sir Pervert.

Fiend

Man Clarks people are turning into grounders without realizing it. Guys, let's vote for the guy who can and wants to kill people.

Sober

Honestly I feel like they needed an extra episode. To show both the feeling of Arkadia after Bellamy and Pike's people's were arrested, who people might side with after the incident, and also show us what happened with Farm Station since they landed, like the tail segment episode in Lost. It probably wouldn't fix Bellamy much but it would go a long way to let us understand Pike and his people; presumably the people in Arkadia know everything but the audience doesn't.

Top Bottom