• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

foxtrot3d

Banned
Everyone on this board can throw shade at me all they want but everything Bellamy said was true, the Grounders started the whole conflict and have proven time and time again they can't be trusted. The only stupid thing is that Pike is a fucking idiot outright attacking them and declaring war on basically every single Grounder clan. No matter how many guns they have I'm sure that the combined Grounder army can overwhelm them. They should have been smarter in declaring independence. Fuck, all he had to do was say, "leave our land before a certain time or get wiped out." At least that could be justified.

Clarke and the pro-Grounder Ark people just sound ridiculous and at worst act totally clueless as to why people are against their actions. Goddamn Kane and Clarke basically swore allegiance to Lexa, making the Ark crew subordinate to Lexa and her demands without even a fucking say so from any of the people back at the Ark. Fuck, what nation operates that way? In the U.S. the President has to get the Advice and Consent of the Senate before signing any treaty with a foreign nation but Kane is like, "nah, everyone will be cool being completely under the control of people who have tried to kill them." It's ridiculous.

MK_768

Everyone on this board can throw shade at me all they want but everything Bellamy said was true, the Grounders started the whole conflict and have proven time and time again they can't be trusted. The only stupid thing is that Pike is a fucking idiot outright attacking them and declaring war on basically every single Grounder clan. No matter how many guns they have I'm sure that the combined Grounder army can overwhelm them. They should have been smarter in declaring independence. Fuck, all he had to do was say, "leave our land before a certain time or get wiped out." At least that could be justified.

Clarke and the pro-Grounder Ark people just sound ridiculous and at worst act totally clueless as to why people are against their actions. Goddamn Kane and Clarke basically swore allegiance to Lexa, making the Ark crew subordinate to Lexa and her demands without even a fucking say so from any of the people back at the Ark. Fuck, what nation operates that way? In the U.S. the President has to get the Advice and Consent of the Senate before signing any treaty with a foreign nation but Kane is like, "nah, everyone will be cool being completely under the control of people who have tried to kill them." It's ridiculous.

Bellamy is right, however his change of heart is completely not believable. It happened way too quickly and was clearly forced as a way to move the plot along.

Last week's transition was just not believable in any way

foxtrot3d

Banned
Bellamy is right, however his change of heart is completely not believable. It happened way too quickly and was clearly forced as a way to move the plot along.

Last week's transition was just not believable in any way

I'll agree that it was a bit too quick but being betrayed by a Grounder he trusted that resulted in the deaths of 45 Ark crew including his GF is a sufficient enough cause to make him reevaluate his previous complacency.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Goddamnit Bellamy. Didn't you see what happened to Finn last season?

I like Bellamy better than Finn too so this is bumming me out.

Well, you can be fairly more certain that Bellamy won't bite it.

I do kind of think that the show is prompting a different reaction in us, with our own history of internment camps, xenophobia, and the whole post-9/11 attitude that developed in some people (that the show-runner said he is aiming for in terms of hostility), in terms of being believable, compared to inside the narrative.

That being said, Pike is a giant fucking idiot if he thinks he can apply the 'speak softly and carry a big stick' policy when they're outnumbered a shitton to one. Guns aren't gonna stop the hordes when it comes down to it, and if your entire plan is to be self-sufficient, all the grounders would need to do is starve them out or burn the fields. Must not have been a great Earth skills teacher.

Honestly, I'm most worried about Lexa at this point, as her heart-eyes for Clarke will likely undermine a lot her just-regained leadership status when the grounder army's families are going to be calling for blood.

Jaha seems to be working a little too well too fast, but I suppose Raven's hard up now that Mt. Weather is gone. Looks like we'll see more about the 'drug' next week, at least. I'm almost betting it's just some sort of nanomachines to shut off the pain sensors/stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain, or something - as well as show ALIE.

MK_768

I'll agree that it was a bit too quick but being betrayed by a Grounder he trusted that resulted in the deaths of 45 Ark crew including his GF is a sufficient enough cause to make him reevaluate his previous complacency.

His GF meant nothing or very very little to the viewer. If they had built their relationship and given them emotional value(for us) then I could believe the emotional impact it had on him.

Anko

Oh Lexa. Avoid all the death flags from before only to set up new ones.

I'm getting too attached to her character. This can only end in tears.

Sober

Pike is pretty damn stupid though I assume them coming back unharmed after massacring 300 people is supposed to mean they fuckin got it on lockdown or something.

Like the only way he gets away with this is if a combined grounder army attacks and they fend them off at best.

Lexa is hilariously pussy whipped it's amazing. But yeah she's doomed and the coalition is gonna be dead at the expense of trying to make Wanheda notice her.

NightOnyx

Bellamy is so frustrating! I hope he doesn't go down the same path as Finn and snaps out of it soon. Also, can we please have more episodes with no Jasper and more focus on John Murphy and Raven? I love both of those characters and it pisses me off that we don't see more of them and instead they waste time on annoying Jasper. I would assume Jasper is going to meet up with Jaha soon though, so maybe that will help.

can't tell clarke's acting or fake tears when they were talking. she was holding back a smile. either way. RIP Raven. but at least she's around people who can check up on her... for now.

Joni

Lexa should have attacked, they could have waged war until Alie took over enough resources to become a problem.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Nah, the Sky People started the conflict by 1) invading and 2) burning down a Grounder village with flares way back in season 1...because they were unable to otherwise contact the Ark since Bellamy threw the radio in a river and made the delinquents take off their armbands so he wouldn't get caught for attempting to assassinate Jaha, sacrificing potentially thousands of people in the process. I guess Bellamy was right in the sense that he was "always this way" or whatever the line was that he says to Clarke, tho..

If by "invading" you mean landing on Earth then yeah you can say they "started it." However, you revisionist history ignores the central fact when the Ark crew landed they wanted nothing but to live in peace but the Grounders were the ones that immediately attacked them upon arrival. Now, after some initial miscommunications Clarke and Bellamy made every attempt to try and initiate peace between the Grounders and the original Ark teenagers but the Grounders weren't having it and decided to try and wipe them all out. After sacrificing a bunch of their own people and detonating some jet fuel they managed to "win" the battle and not become Grounder meat.

Despite all of that Clarke still clung to the belief that there could be peace between the Grounders and the Ark crew but was rebuffed until they finally agreed they had a common enemy, Mt. Weather. And, in order to solidify this peace she had to sacrifice one of her own people (not without reason) but in addition refuse to warn her people about an incoming missile resulting in the deaths of a good portion of individuals that trusted Clarke and Lexa. Yet, despite all of that when the time came for the Grounders to hold up their end of the bargain they abandoned the Ark crew citing the old adage of, "I got mine, sucks for you breh." Thus forcing the Ark crew to fight Mt. Weather alone and commit an act of genocide.

Still, despite having NO reasons to trust or accept any terms from the Grounders about anything, including Mt. Weather, the Ark crew agreed to a tentative peace and not to occupy Mt. Weather which they had every right to. But, when this term is broken to help injured Grounders no less they are greeted with a suicide bomber killing 45 of their citizens. This happening right as they are negotiating becoming a part of Lexa's Coalition.

But yes, the Ark crew are the ones that started it all...

Fuck that, Bellamy and Pike are the only sane, rational people they just went about their ways stupidly. The Ark crew should have NEVER accepted to become a part of Lexa's coalition and should have declared themselves independent after Mt. Weather clearly delineating where there borders were so that everyone was clear.

Joni

- Extended promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

It is going to be interesting to see how they handle those drugs.

If by "invading" you mean landing on Earth then yeah you can say they "started it." However, you revisionist history ignores the central fact when the Ark crew landed they wanted nothing but to live in peace but the Grounders were the ones that immediately attacked them upon arrival. Now, after some initial miscommunications Clarke and Bellamy made every attempt to try and initiate peace between the Grounders and the original Ark teenagers but the Grounders weren't having it and decided to try and wipe them all out. After sacrificing a bunch of their own people and detonating some jet fuel they managed to "win" the battle and not become Grounder meat.
Jasper started shooting up their peace attempt.

MK_768

Despite all of that Clarke still clung to the belief that there could be peace between the Grounders and the Ark crew but was rebuffed until they finally agreed they had a common enemy, Mt. Weather. And, in order to solidify this peace she had to sacrifice one of her own people (not without reason) but in addition refuse to warn her people about an incoming missile resulting in the deaths of a good portion of individuals that trusted Clarke and Lexa. Yet, despite all of that when the time came for the Grounders to hold up their end of the bargain they abandoned the Ark crew citing the old adage of, "I got mine, sucks for you breh." Thus forcing the Ark crew to fight Mt. Weather alone and commit an act of genocide.

Still, despite having NO reasons to trust or accept any terms from the Grounders about anything, including Mt. Weather, the Ark crew agreed to a tentative peace and not to occupy Mt. Weather which they had every right to. But, when this term is broken to help injured Grounders no less they are greeted with a suicide bomber killing 45 of their citizens. This happening right as they are negotiating becoming a part of Lexa's Coalition.

But yes, the Ark crew are the ones that started it all...

Fuck that, Bellamy and Pike are the only sane, rational people they just went about their ways stupidly. The Ark crew should have NEVER accepted to become a part of Lexa's coalition and should have declared themselves independent after Mt. Weather clearly delineating where there borders so that everyone was clear.

Bellamy, is that you?

As funny as it is to joke about how Lexa will literally do anything for the chance to get laid, this is going to backfire on her harshly. Her people are going to demand revenge. If the 18 killed by Finn were enough for his death to be immediately wanted, then 300 slain by Arkadia is going to lead to more questions and concerns about the way Lexa is running things, especially as it comes off as essentially her changing nearly a hundred years of tradition for some girl.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Some assorted comments:

• The 100 has the worst community leaders ever. Is the bossman/bosslady telling you something? Then do precisely the contrary so you may live.
  • Finn was a swell dude, then he was shellshocked and turned into a mass muderer. Jasper managed to make himself likeable, only to become an asshole. Bellamy seemed like one of the pillars of the show, and now he's gone Full Metal Finn.
  • This show hates every single male character not called Lincoln, goddamn.
  • Somebody should be telling Lexa she's running with scissors.
  • Say no to drugs.

- Extended promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

Say no to drugs.

This is a society who didn't vote for a guy who said "You know what, this blowing people out of airlocks thing for pitiful offences is kinda wrong".

Because someone would have to have said it at some point, yet a pro floater was voted in.

Wow, Lexa is so pussywhipped it's pathetic.

It makes perfect sense for her character to want to take a more peaceful route.
Obviously it being suggested by Clarke is the only reason she probably even considered it seriously, but to assume the only reason she's doing it is because of Clarke is dumb.

Clarke is probably going to be the death of Lexa, however.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Talk about Character assasination... Really not a fan of what they did to Bellamy and Lexa this season. Even Clarke seems to be quite useless so far.

RS4-

So, the only legit chars are Cain, Lincoln, Octavia, and Monty.

Everyone else is a bunch of fucking morons.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Secret Agent Bellamy has been replaced by Secret Agent Octavia. I ain't even mad.

I like Lexa decision, but I don't see everyone else going for it. Especially but how brutally the Ark folks killed that clan. I think this is going to be Lexa's downfall.

I don't see it happening but it would be fantastic if everyone on the show except Octavia, Lincoln, Rat Boy, Jaha and Clarke got killed in their stupid wars and the season 3 finale is on a second ark that is full of genetically enhanced super humans ready to land.

Season 5 could end on a THIRD ark that is full of aliens.

Faenix1

There is no believable way that Lexa doesn't get offed this season. At this point I wouldn't care if Arkadia gets destroyed and Indra some how saves Cain, Lincoln, and Octavia. Everyone else has gone stupid, and Clarke is just leading Lexa down the path to her death.

The Jaha storyline just needs to go too, I honestly don't care about it.

Joni

There is no believable way that Lexa doesn't get offed this season. At this point I wouldn't care if Arkadia gets destroyed and Indra some how saves Cain, Lincoln, and Octavia. Everyone else has gone stupid, and Clarke is just leading Lexa down the path to her death.

The Jaha storyline just needs to go too, I honestly don't care about it.
Indeed, at this point isolating the last few worthwile arc characters is the way to go. Kill all the others in a brutal attack. Monty needs to be in the survivors.

I don't think Lexa will die, but I do think her people are going to be pissed as hell about the decision, which can either lead to an uprising, or people going behind her back.

Also where was Monty this episode? Monty still hasn't done anything big this season. I'm so sick of Monty being neglected in favor of Jasper when I actually give a damn about Monty.

cw_sasuke

Bellamy is irredeemable now. Hate what they're doing with him. Might as well just kill him.

At this point i believe that this is the writers way to differentiate themselves from other CW shows by "killing" off every popular character the fans are rooting for...No Love BS in our world., this isnt OC. California.

Bellamy was so good last season...sucks that they are destroying his character development for the forced drama.

Joni

Bellamy seems to have some chance, in that he didn't kill Indra and he was put off by the execution of the wounded.

Bellamy seems to have some chance, in that he didn't kill Indra and he was put off by the execution of the wounded.
Sparing one out of 300 doesn't really seem like grounds for redemption. Especially when Indra was pissed Lexa decided 'blood must not have blood'.

Plus we still haven't seen that scene from the trailer where Octavia beats the shit out of Bellamy. One more fuck up has to come.

cw_sasuke

They let Indra live to delver a message. Also being put off by killing wounded people who came along to help your people is nothing to be proud of either.

Sure he can be redeemed with some BS reason down the line...but it doesnt look good right, we know what happened with Space Walker.

Joni

Sparing one out of 300 doesn't really seem like grounds for redemption. Especially when Indra was pissed Lexa decided 'blood must not have blood'.

They let Indra live to delver a message. Also being put off by killing wounded people who came along to help your people is nothing to be proud of either.

He wanted to spare a lot more of them. It is made clear that Bellamy isn't quite as far gone as the others. That Pike made sure only Indra lived, doesn't matter.

Plus we still haven't seen that scene from the trailer where Octavia beats the shit out of Bellamy. One more fuck up has to come.
That might just be a general confrontation, and a good reason for Bellamy to turn. Alternatively, Pike or someone else directly leads to Octavia getting killed or wounded.

That might just be a general confrontation, and a good reason for Bellamy to turn. Alternatively, Pike or someone else directly leads to Octavia getting killed or wounded.
I've seen rumors that
Bellamy gets Lincoln killed, sort of like how Lincoln got locked up with the injured and the sick last episode and Octavia was not happy. Makes sense if Lincoln has to be written out due to him booking a new show.

cw_sasuke

He wanted to spare a lot more of them. It is made clear that Bellamy isn't quite as far gone as the others. That Pike made sure only Indra lived, doesn't matter.
He still went through with it and thats what matters...even the worst people can feel remorse for doing messed up stuff, doesnt mean that they can be redeemed for their actions. Bellamy was essential to Pike even becoming Chancellor for supporting his stupid idea to begin with.

I wouldnt care as much if Bellamy wasnt one of my favorites last season...he doesnt deserve this arc, only so Clarke has someone she can save... -.-

Joni

He still went through with it and thats what matters...even the worst people can feel remorse for doing messed up stuff, doesnt mean that they can be redeemed for their actions. Bellamy was essential to Pike even becoming Chancellor for supporting his stupid idea to begin with.
Did he go through with it? Did Bellamy kill wounded grounders?

RS4-

I've seen rumors that
Bellamy gets Lincoln killed, sort of like how Lincoln got locked up with the injured and the sick last episode and Octavia was not happy. Makes sense if Lincoln has to be written out due to him booking a new show.

I'm not sure if that's still happening if Fuller is doing Star Trek.

Lexa will somehow end up being part of Skicru or whatever the fuck they call it. Lord Cain takes over the Grounders.

With only 10 people vs 300 sleeping grounders, Bellamy is for sure a mass murderer. Even lowballing it, he may have killed dozens. Don't see how he comes back from this.

Nameless

The Bellamy & Clarke scene made me feel a little better about last week's ridiculousness and Bell's overall shift, but I agree, it just feels abrupt and a sorta messy. Especially when the catalyst was the death of some girl he fell in 'love' with off screen a matter of weeks ago. Come on, dude was banging redshirts two at a time in the first season and didn't break like this after he directly caused the deaths of dozens of Ark civilians.

On another note Murphy lives his life like a bad karma Fallout play through and I love it. Top 5 character.

kirblar

Watched the firsst two seasons over the past few weeks.

Then watched the last 5 eps in the last few days.

What the hell happened to the writing? Its not just the out of character stuff, the episodes feel different.

Top Bottom