• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Watched the entire first two seasons over the last couple of weeks and just caught up with this season. Watching live for the first time, it's going to be rough having to wait a week for episodes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm kinda hoping that this is a long con by Lexa, because her character seems to have taken a big swerve in direction thanks to one less than inspiring speech from Clarke.
Also the 100 continues to crib from the 300.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Well, if not her, I definitely think a "leader" character is biting the dust

Given all of the super-obvious "Lexa's plan is gonna get her killed" tells by every grounder ever.....I honestly think it's a fakeout, but her actress is primarily tied to FTWD, so I dunno.

Bellamy's continued descent into 'just following orders to protect the homeland' continues to feel like a cross between forced and 'just hesitant enough to not be considered irredeemable'.

But it's interesting that the grounders have the knowhow to chemically poison the land on such short notice.

Though less so, given the last shot in the episode with
them being Polaris station survivors' descendants

Sucked Monroe died, I liked her, even if she has only been a side character.

If you look at each and every one of Lexa's abilities as her desperate attempt to get laid, then it is pretty hilarious. I do like how they acknowledged some of the logic behind the leader of a ruthless warrior group suddenly opting for peace.

It's almost like Lexa is too eager about holding up the peace which in turn is rather interesting/suspicious.

That ending might make more sense in hindsight because (behind the scene photo spoilers)
there was a photo of Lexa being shown with an infinity tattoo on the back of her neck. Maybe that Becca person was the first Commander and each and every Commander has such a tattoo?
I do feel like the Grounders and tied to the city of light somehow.

That ending might make more sense in hindsight because (behind the scene photo spoilers)
there was a photo of Lexa being shown with an infinity tattoo on the back of her neck. Maybe that Becca person was the first Commander and each and every Commander has such a tattoo?
I do feel like the Grounders and tied to the city of light somehow.

There's a Tumblr account (http://hedaswarrior.tumblr.com) that has predicted a lot of shit that's already came true this season. She thinks
the grounders use the city of light as part of their conclave, which is why Lexa 'dreams' about the previous commanders. Their consciousness' are in the city of light. Could also explain other spiritual stuff like the commander's 'spirit' choosing the next one.

I need to re-watch this, I still haven't wrapped my mind around the fact that
the Grounders are descended from the 13th clan.
What a twist. Wow!

Is the 100 going on a break for a period of time? Asking since Arrow and Flash took a month off and I wonder if it will happen to any other shows.

It's neat that
the Sky People become the 13th Grounder clan and the Grounders are apparently descended from the 13th station of the Ark.

There's a Tumblr account (http://hedaswarrior.tumblr.com) that has predicted a lot of shit that's already came true this season. She thinks
the grounders use the city of light as part of their conclave, which is why Lexa 'dreams' about the previous commanders. Their consciousness' are in the city of light. Could also explain other spiritual stuff like the commander's 'spirit' choosing the next one.
Oh, that's a pretty neat theory actually.
So that would mean Lexa would be able to see ALIE or any other things associated with taking the drug?

Is the 100 going on a break for a period of time? Asking since Arrow and Flash took a month off and I wonder if it will happen to any other shows.

It's neat that
the Sky People become the 13th Grounder clan and the Grounders are apparently descended from the 13th station of the Ark.

So that would mean Lexa would be able to see ALIE or any other things associated with taking the drug?

AFAIK, they aren't taking any breaks. That, along with the Netflix effect (which has clearly worked to perfection, are the reason they waited until midseason. Gotta grow the fanbase somehow, and considering the subreddit is quickly approaching 13,000 subs after being only a handful of people in season 1, I think that strategy has really worked well.

AFAIK, they aren't taking any breaks. That, along with the Netflix effect (which has clearly worked to perfection, are the reason they waited until midseason. Gotta grow the fanbase somehow, and considering the subreddit is quickly approaching 13,000 subs after being only a handful of people in season 1, I think that strategy has really worked well.

They're actually taking a 2 week break after ep 8. It wasn't planned from the beginning though, and was announced recently I think.

I'm not sure, that would make sense though. Although they could have their own version from the AI in Polaris that's completely separate from ALIE.

Also bless that promo.
Gonna be some Clarke/Lexa goodness next week, even if it is basically Titus telling Lexa to use her head and not her libido to make her decisions. I could imagine him maybe bringing up Costia to her.

They're actually taking a 2 week break after ep 8. It wasn't planned from the beginning though, and was announced recently I think.

I'm not sure, that would make sense though. Although they could have their own version from the AI in Polaris that's completely separate from ALIE.
2 weeks isn't so bad, although I would like for there to be no short-term hiatus' whatsoever.

I'll be curious to see, especially when you take into consideration that apparently the drug has side effects. Jaha seemed to be forgetting things, like his confusion when questioned about Wells. Plus Raven might not feel any pain, but she is still limping around, which means that the pain could come back the moment the drug somehow dies down. Although Lexa seems fine, so you might be right with assuming the Grounders have a different type of drug.

Metroidvania

LOL at Pike needing proof to put Kane away.

Like why even bother at this point, honestly, dude?

More like he's still trying to make sure he's being 'legal' so that there's no doubt over who the bad guy is, IMO.

This way, he gets to keep his popular support, as when he finds evidence, Kane was 'definitively' endangering Arkadian lives.

That, and I think it's a bit of writers trying to restrain him a bit so he doesn't come off as a complete zealot.

Lexa sure likes her candles. She can't go a scene indoors without a billion of them being around. Even last week when away from Polis she somehow managed to have a dozen or so with her.

Sober

More like he's still trying to make sure he's being 'legal' so that there's no doubt over who the bad guy is, IMO.

This way, he gets to keep his popular support, as when he finds evidence, Kane was 'definitively' endangering Arkadian lives.

That, and I think it's a bit of writers trying to restrain him a bit so he doesn't come off as a complete zealot.
Well yeah but you can always fake evidence anyway. Even after the fact.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Wow, that end reveal and the theories here are pretty neat and make perfect sense. I'm also still loving the moral relativism of the show, every side has a point. Pike's actions make sense even if he goes about them in the most stupid way possible.

ryan299

I like the theories here more than the actual season. At the moment, I feel like everybody has become a huge idiot and they haven't won me over with the city of light. Some of the theories intrigue me though.

IKizzLE

Damn, City of Light timeline just went full circle.
Thirteenth space colony contains V2.0 of an AI system that nuked the planet and is the basis for all the grounders? Damn....

But with that said, watching Lexa commit character suicide is infuriating.

Joni

The Polaris reveal is good, I assume the black blooded people are somehow related to Polis but the majority of them being actual grounders. There simply can't be so many people just from one space station and their survivors. That reveal does open up one new wish: for the 13th Station to take out the twelve others.

AFAIK, they aren't taking any breaks. That, along with the Netflix effect (which has clearly worked to perfection, are the reason they waited until midseason.
Have you seen the CW schedule? They are completely packed. They still have shows waiting that they have to air. Combine it with the amount of CG preparation work needed for this one. We're getting two more episodes, and then a break of at least two weeks. After that, it will air uninterrupted.

oh. so Miller's gay? i thought he had a thing with white girl in mt weather lol.

latest

Lexa has lost her position IMHO. It's only a matter of time before she's either killed or banished.

I'm really glad Clarke is being confronted with her bullshit (and that scene where she was told she killed Emerson's children was particularly interesting, and explains his absolute hatred for her).

Also, Pike's motivations make a lot of sense after the food shortage issue was raised.

Joni

I'm really glad Clarke is being confronted with her bullshit (and that scene where she was told she killed Emerson's children was particularly interesting, and explains his absolute hatred for her).
It is a fate he brought on himself. He is the one that brings in Abby for Cage to kill, ensuring that Clarke had no other choice when trying to rescue her mother. He is the guy that launched the missile as well.

Also, Pike's motivations make a lot of sense after the food shortage issue was raised.
Well no, it would be a lot more fruitful to have peace if you need to expand for farming. They can no longer retreat in their tiny guarded area, but they will have to devote even more resources to border patrols if they are at war.

It is a fate he brought on himself. He is the one that brings in Abby for Cage to kill, ensuring that Clarke had no other choice when trying to rescue her mother. He is the guy that launched the missile as well.

Well no, it would be a lot more fruitful to have peace if you need to expand for farming. They can no longer retreat in their tiny guarded area, but they will have to devote even more resources to border patrols if they are at war.

Ah yes, the old "no other choice" line. I'm sure Clarke will use that to comfort herself when she's confronted by the reality that she sentenced 26 children to burn horrifically to death.

I get that was her decision but I can't ever accept her as the ambassador of peace knowing how much blood she has on her hands.

Metroidvania

Yeah, this seemed weird to me too.

Increasing the area you have to patrol, with an extremely limited # of personnel, not to mention the open-area nature of the fields you'd have to be working in....the grounders could just siege them and starve them out.

Yeah, this seemed weird to me too.

Increasing the area you have to patrol, with an extremely limited # of personnel, not to mention the open-area nature of the fields you'd have to be working in....the grounders could just siege them and starve them out.

In a previous episode Pike specifically mentioned an area they could fortify and easily defend. I assume the farmland was within it. In fact I remember him talking about how that village (could've been another but I doubt it) could be used as a staging ground for a retaliatory strike and that it would have to be cleared.

Joni

Ah yes, the old "no other choice" line. I'm sure Clarke will use that to comfort herself when she's confronted by the reality that she sentenced 26 children to burn horrifically to death.

I get that was her decision but I can't ever accept her as the ambassador of peace knowing how much blood she has on her hands.
He can't blame her considering what he did. He is a coward himself, afraid to take responsibility that he was the one that engineered it. She can feel bad all she want, but he is one of the people that started the war.

In a previous episode Pike specifically mentioned an area they could fortify and easily defend. I assume the farmland was within it.
It will still be a huge open area, away from their central base and not guarded by iron walls.

He can't blame her considering what he did. He is a coward himself, afraid to take responsibility that he was the one that engineered it. She can feel bad all she want, but he is one of the people that started the war.

It will still be a huge open area, away from their central base and not guarded by iron walls.

Arkadia (which has no ability to sustain itself) can be surrounded and easily destroyed. That defensible open land would've allowed them to sustain themselves and thus enable them to become self-sufficient. It would always have been a better option as the grounders could not be trusted to keep their pact long-term due to their decisions being predominantly based on one person (who could easily die and be replaced with someone with different ideas).

Killing the army stationed outside of Arkadia was not a good move but getting out from under the grounders thumb is a sound decision especially given how volatile they can be.

Also, Emerson's children were horribly killed. He's not going to think it through clearly. The man was willing to destroy everything Clarke held dear to get back at her for it. I doubt the banishment will do much to temper his feelings and I'd wager he'll be back (but likely not soon).

Joni

The problem is that unless they move away from Arkadia it could still be surrounded, just without the protection of the Clans to help them if necessary now. The new farming area can be defended, but that defense will come at a cost it wouldn't have with peace. Peace could also be beneficial on this regards. The grounders have manpower but run behind in technology. Work together and make it more easy to farm more for both parties.

As for Emerson, the thing you are defending him for is what Clarke did. There is just two differences, she didn't fail and she didn't start it.

Top Bottom