• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

kirblar

What issues? Last season he was Solid Snake for the second half of the season, then this season everything was good, and they introduced a GF to kill her off to give him "motivation" for siding w/ Pike. (better solution: Have Pike go slippery slope to madness instead of full idiot and get Bellamy dragged along w/ him.)

Joni

No, the people that voted for Pike based on fear of destruction (which is absolutely valid given the grounders once parked an army on their doorstep) which he expertly manipulated.

Good lord... some of you are absolutely heartless. I hope to god none of you are ever in positions of power.

Don't worry, my plan would be more comparable to that of ALIE. As for the threat of destruction, no, they clearly voted for the guy that wanted to do a pre-emptive strike. That was not some secret plan. He was arrested in the middle of the execution of that plan. They voted for the guy based on his brave act to commit a genocide. That was his only political point. Let me go out and kill 300 people.

Damn. Spoiler tagged for behind the scenes drama in case anyone wants to avoid reading.
Ricky Whittle's mother has been tweeting that apparently Jason Rothenberg has done something to essentially bully Ricky off the set. I guess this confirms Lincoln is going to die? I know Ricky himself has been tweeting basically outright confirmation that he's displeased over something on set.

Damn. Spoiler tagged for behind the scenes drama in case anyone wants to avoid reading.
Ricky Whittle's mother has been tweeting that apparently Jason Rothenberg has done something to essentially bully Ricky off the set. I guess this confirms Lincoln is going to die? I know Ricky himself has been tweeting basically outright confirmation that he's displeased over something on set.

Yeah he's been tweeting passive aggressive stuff for a while now about his frustration with the show, but this is the first tweet directly calling someone specific out about it.
It honestly seemed really petty to begin with, because it seemed like he was just bitching about screentime, but who knows now. He's definitely dying this season though.

Yeah he's been tweeting passive aggressive stuff for a while now about his frustration with the show, but this is the first tweet directly calling someone specific out about it.
It honestly seemed really petty to begin with, because it seemed like he was just bitching about screentime, but who knows now. He's definitely dying this season though.
Yeah, when I first saw him hinting at some problems with the show, I figured maybe he didn't like Lincoln being featured not-so much, but now it seems like there was some genuine problems behind the scenes. I'm curious as to what exactly happened. Ricky did seem to put down the rumors he was mad about screentime when he defended Lexa's actress.

kirblar

Yeah, when I first saw him hinting at some problems with the show, I figured maybe he didn't like Lincoln being featured not-so much, but now it seems like there was some genuine problems behind the scenes. I'm curious as to what exactly happened. Ricky did seem to put down the rumors he was mad about screentime when he defended Lexa's actress.
His character's basically had the same storyline for 3 seasons. One day he's "in", the next day he's "out." I'd be frustrated as an actor.

His character's basically had the same storyline for 3 seasons. One day he's "in", the next day he's "out." I'd be frustrated as an actor.
It seems like he isn't pissed about the lack of screentime though, it looks like Jason Rothenberg bullied him off the show or something according to his mother. We might find out the truth soon since it looks like it might be exposed for whatever went down.

Joni

That is funny, when Rothenberg in a recent interview basically said he sees no reason why Rick can't be on two shows at once and wishes him that American Gods becomes big.

- TVGuide: The 100 Creator Defends Bellamy's Betrayal
But The 100 creator Jason Rothenberg stands by Bellamy's story line, explaining that it's all a matter of perspective. "I find that most people who believe that Bellamy is acting out of character aren't really seeing the big picture of the show," Rothenberg tells TVGuide.com.

Rothenberg is quick to point out that while we, as an audience, have spent intimate time with Grounders, Bellamy has not shared these experiences. When Clarke was getting to know Lexa (Alycia Debnam-Carey) last season, Bellamy was inside Mount Weather, a place where Lexa ultimately abandoned him and the rest of the Sky People to die. And while Octavia (Marie Averopoulous) might idolize Indra, Bellamy hasn't forgotten that his sister's mentor also abandoned her in the mine.

"Bellamy's relationship with the Grounders has never been rosy and he doesn't believe, as the story stands right now, that they're going to keep their word because they never have before," Rothenberg explains. "[The Grounder peace army] was made up of literally the same people that were killing them in Season 1. So for Bellamy, you add on to that ... the explosion of Mount Weather in Episode 3, the loss of all of those people who he was there to protect ... and of course, there was a little bit extra heartache for him because [Gina] was killed as well.

"All of that to me adds up to a guy making a choice that makes complete sense," the showrunner continues. "And so I like the debate and I get people's reactions. I think we've done an amazing job with Bellamy as a character over the first two seasons of getting people to the point to believe where he is a good guy. But ultimately, there are no good guys. And he's making the choices that he's making. I think he's going to live to regret those choices. But we'll have to see how it plays out."

vader.jpg

Well, there goes the best character in the show. Fuck me.

Also, fuck Fear The Walking Dead. I don't even know if that had anything to do with Alycia's departure (although it's likely), but fuck that show anyway.

This is actually such bullshit. I don't care if her actress had commitments to another show, just find a way to write her out or something.

Also I'm confused. Was Lexa an AI technically this whole time?

Top Bottom