• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

The problem is that unless they move away from Arkadia it could still be surrounded, just without the protection of the Clans to help them if necessary now. The new farming area can be defended, but that defense will come at a cost it wouldn't have with peace. Peace could also be beneficial on this regards. The grounders have manpower but run behind in technology. Work together and make it more easy to farm more for both parties.

As for Emerson, the thing you are defending him for is what Clarke did. There is just two differences, she didn't fail and she didn't start it.

The grounder's own alliance is temperamental and the ice nation has already proven to be far more vicious and powerful than the others. We've also seen how easily their leaders can be replaced. Establishing peace with one nation is good, but trusting that a loose alliance of separate tribes (that were only brought together by Lexa) will honour their word for all time? Yeah... no.

Pike is too fucked in the head, but Kane is too delusional with his ideas of a lasting peace (when the grounders don't even have that among themselves). But there is a middle ground between the two IMHO.

Also: I'm not defending Emerson. I'm saying I understand him.

I wonder how much of this show is based on the colonization of North America. Existing native tribes, some with their own histories, a foreign intruder with advanced weaponry, willing to extend a hand in peace at one point but push the natives from the land with the other.

Not saying that the colonization in NA is the only such example of how a force with superior fire power but limited personnel has conquered an existing native population, but we are definitely seeing some echoes of history in how The 100 is being written.

Quite fascinating, actually.

I think the City of Light story line is bollocks, but seeing as how religion has played an important role in almost any conquest in the past couple thousand years, I can see why it's bring used as well.

xenist

Emerson is a little bitch. And a little bitch that is isn't even consistent. Killing kids didn't seem such a bad idea to him when it was someone else's.

Kyoufu

Clark is easily my least favourite character on the show now. She only cares about her own people and defends them even when they massacre hundreds of innocents. Who still likes Clark? None of her actions make sense.

And who still likes Bellamy? What the fuck.

Clark is easily my least favourite character on the show now. She only cares about her own people and defends them even when they massacre hundreds of innocents. Who still likes Clark? None of her actions make sense.

I only care about Octavia and Raven. Everyone else can live or die. I don't care

Of course she would. She had to do it herself.

But in all seriousness she knows (or assumes correctly) it wasn't everyone, so damning everyone for the actions of a few isn't something she cares for.

Kyoufu

Of course she would. She had to do it herself.

But in all seriousness she knows (or assumes correctly) it wasn't everyone, so damning everyone for the actions of a few isn't something she cares for.

But it's not just "a few". The majority vote went to the new guy who is hellbent on starting a war.

They dug their own grave.

But it's not just "a few". The majority vote went to the new guy who is hellbent on starting a war.

They dug their own grave.

They voted for him to be the new chancellor. They didn't vote for his military actions. And what about the people who didn't vote for him? I guess they should be killed too according to your rules.

Also, this may seem a little random but... the pronunciation of "The 100" annoys the fuck out of me. I don't care how many people say "The Hundred". That isn't correct. The number preceding it denotes how many hundreds it is.

Kyoufu

They voted for him to be the new chancellor. They didn't vote for his military actions. And what about the people who didn't vote for him? I guess they should be killed too according to your rules.

Also, this may seem a little random but... the pronunciation of "The 100" annoys the fuck out of me. I don't care how many people say "The Hundred". That isn't correct. The number preceding it denotes how many hundreds it is.

I haven't made any rules, calm down. The people voting for him knew exactly what they were getting into. He wanted to go out and kill the grounders, the former Chancellor would not allow him, they had a vote, the new guy won. Guess what happened next?

And it's not like Clark can't take in innocent people until they take care of the warmongers and restore order to Skycrew.

This shit is pretty terrible, not gonna lie.

I haven't made any rules, calm down. The people voting for him knew exactly what they were getting into. He wanted to go out and kill the grounders, the former Chancellor would not allow him, they had a vote, the new guy won. Guess what happened next?

And it's not like Clark can't take in innocent people until they take care of the warmongers and restore order to Skycrew.

Kill 'em all. What about Kane? What about the doctor? What about Octavia? What about everyone who didn't vote for him or want military action?

Fuck it. They knew what they were getting into even if they didn't.

Your reasoning reminds me of Kane, who used that same reasoning (they knew what they were letting themselves in for). Even though he knew precisely that there were people who didn't vote for Pike. Another reason why I don't like that spineless dick head.

Kane would gladly sign up for peace despite knowing peace is determined solely by the whims of one woman in a perilous political situation. And incidentally being a part of a coalition means fuck all when other members have already threatened each other with war.

What a great idea Kane. That guy is a grounderphile.

Kyoufu

Kill 'em all. What about Kane? What about the doctor? What about Octavia? What about everyone who didn't vote for him or want military action?

Fuck it. They knew what they were getting into even if they didn't.

Did you not read my post? Holy shit. Why quote it if you didn't read it.

Maybe the Arkadians that didn't vote for Pike just not arm themeselves. That way when the Grounders attack them they will just let those ones live. That's how War works right?

No, Clarke can't take them in. Not only does the Coalition not trust anyone from Skaikru due to Pike's massacre, excepting Clarke and maybe Octavia, the dissenters also have no real reason to trust her. She abandoned them to their own devices so they have just as much of a reason to not trust her, not to mention the fact that she still interacts with Lexa despite what Lexa did at the Mountain. Do you really think that people like Miller, who was in the Mountain, don't have some pent up feelings of animosity toward Clarke for leaving?

Maybe the Arkadians that didn't vote for Pike just not arm themeselves. That way when the Grounders attack them they will just let those ones live. That's how War works right?

Not in traditional Grounder culture. They don't differentiate between people who are and aren't threats, they never have. What Pike did was the pinnacle of stupid. Instead of listening to the people who understood the situation better (i.e. Kane, Abby, and Clarke), Pike chose to ignore the fact that Skaikru had already established their strength within Grounder culture when Clarke eliminated the Mountain. There was no reason for the Coalition or for any other nation to attack Skaikru, until they became collateral in an explosion that was a result of Abby being a terrible Chancellor.

One of the things I love about this show is the parallels that happen in concurrent stories. I've come to realize something, Pike and Bellamy are essentially the same character. They each make decisions based off of their emotions. For Bellamy, it's the people he cares about that cause him to lose focus; for Pike it's the people he has lost. I personally feel that what Pike is doing is the same thing that Bellamy is doing, he blames himself for all that has happened. He knows that the Mt. Weather was his fault, he knows that they are on the brink of a war that he can't win; and instead of facing his own feelings of guilt, he chooses to push it on other people (Bellamy) and drag them down with him.

I don't know if this was actually intentional on the writers behalf for foreshadowing but with the latest reveal that Polis was in the fact the 13th station, we might have got a glimpse at Polis in the eighth episode of season one.

tumblr_inline_o37k1kBvp71sbzk1f_400.png

kirblar

I did. There are people in that camp who didn't vote for him.

The grounders aren't going to selectively kill people in the camp. They'll kill the lot of them. Their voting history will be irrelevant.
There are two outcomes at this point: ALIE neuters people, or a group defects and leaves the rest to die.

Joni

The grounders arte quite nice about going to war. The Ice Nation got support of twelve clans, they couldnt go to war without the last one. And in the end the conflict was decided in a one on one. Offer that to pike before you attack.

kirblar

Was catching up earlier when I noticed it a few episiodes back- but surprised no mentions in the thread that this is an Iraq analogue.

Place gets bombed, new leader gets elected, new leader goes and attacks people "pre-emptively" who look like the people who attacked him (but who aren't actually them) because they want resources.

Was catching up earlier when I noticed it a few episiodes back- but surprised no mentions in the thread that this is an Iraq analogue.

Place gets bombed, new leader gets elected, new leader goes and attacks people "pre-emptively" who look like the people who attacked him (but who aren't actually them) because they want resources.

That's exactly what it is. All this outrage over a completely realistic reaction to a disaster doesn't make much sense to me.

Joni

Bush got elected before 9/11 and he got the Iraq war started before his re-election. But yeah, the Native American massacre and the Bush Wars are good analogies for this.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So now we're starting to unwrap Alie's endgame. I'm glad we finally got a peek at the danger of The City of Light. Very conflicted because I'm glad Raven is feeling better, but there is no way any of this stuff is the least bit legit.

Octavia is becoming one of my favorite characters. She commanded this episode. And now that suspicion is going to be cast inward, they're going to need to flip Bellamy and put Pike down. I don't see another way out of it.

Geez, next episode sounds awesome.

Though if it's about Pike doing something else moronic I'll be disappointed. I seriously want that guy to GTFO.

Critics who have seen the episode already are going crazy over it, seems like it's going to have some huge reveals.
No fucking clue where they're headed now after the end of last week's episode, but I'm excited.

is the next episode where everyone going to die? i hope for a train of death to happen but not lexa please. i know she got fear the walking dead but just let her go on a spiritual hike with the city of light in the mean time lol.

is the next episode where everyone going to die? i hope for a train of death to happen but not lexa please. i know she got fear the walking dead but just let her go on a spiritual hike with the city of light in the mean time lol.
I personally think it might be
Lincoln. The show has already made a billion and one hints of Lexa maybe dying which I feel is a red herring. Ricky Whittle has got a new show, and he also tweeted that he loved (past-tense) playing Lincoln a few days ago.

Plus, we still haven't got that scene where Octavia beats up Bellamy, and I think Lincoln dying could push her to do that.

I personally think it might be
Lincoln. The show has already made a billion and one hints of Lexa maybe dying which I feel is a red herring. Ricky Whittle has got a new show, and he also tweeted that he loved (past-tense) playing Lincoln a few days ago.

Plus, we still haven't got that scene where Octavia beats up Bellamy, and I think Lincoln dying could push her to do that.

well i didn't know about the first. hm.

but given the direction it's going lincoln most likely will either die by pike or bellamy. but putting my money on monty's mom with accidental shooting

i hope the latter is real but
too many angst violence after a loved one dies. there can be only one per season until they die. let jasper die

RS4-

Jasper is going to save Raven, kill Monty's mom. Lincoln gonna die the same time as Pike; Bellamy is exiled.

Jasper is going to save Raven, kill Monty's mom. Lincoln gonna die the same time as Pike; Bellamy is exiled.

To be honest I don't want him to be killed off. It'd be more interesting to keep him around.
Kane can save those people.

Save the people that agree with you and let the rest die. What a leader.

Kane can get fucked if he did that.

That's exactly what it is. All this outrage over a completely realistic reaction to a disaster doesn't make much sense to me.

Of course it doesn't. You appreciate the show for what it is and not for what you want it to be (mostly shippers).

Everything makes sense minus Bellamy, where they are using "fridged girlfriend insanity" to justify iy.
I disagree. It seems his issues were bubbling away and now he's become detached from his humanity, which is a coping mechanism IMHO.

Save the people that don't agree with genocide and let the others face the consequence of the war they started.

No, the people that voted for Pike based on fear of destruction (which is absolutely valid given the grounders once parked an army on their doorstep) which he expertly manipulated.

Good lord... some of you are absolutely heartless. I hope to god none of you are ever in positions of power.

Top Bottom