• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Somnia

Jason Rothenberg was at 140k twitter followers yesterday, and is now at 110k. Some people are really not happy about this episode.

In other words, according to one of the writers, as of season 3, episode 6, the 100 have been on Earth for 156 days, and I think the show at the moment is actually around mid-February or so. Happy to get some clarification at last on how long the show has been happening. Also lol at the fact this means that Finn fell in love with Clarke in like a week.

Some fans are insane, they'll still watch it guaranteed, but it is what it is.

tumblr_o3j7nkKDBq1v4ty5fo1_1280.jpg

"Passionate". I'm not sure if she's trolling the really affected fans, secretly agreeing with them or just really oblivious.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Except they rejected the offer of docking even in the seconds before they were destroyed. And before anyone says it: If they had enough time to relay a message that basically said "tough shit" then they could've aborted the missile.

All in all that aspect was garbage.
Why would they abort the missile? They spent months or maybe years getting 13 different stations from different nations to join forces and share resources, the only way to save the human race.
At the last second Polaris starts refusing to go along with it, and some of the other stations that were not keen on the idea start threatening to pull out as well. So they shoot Polaris out of the sky and are then like "anyone else want to pull out?"

Clarke is the worse person in the show's universe even over the idiot who made the AI

I'm not happy of the actor leaving the show but this show can't get worse than the last season or 2 of Warehouse 13

It's interesting, I just caught up with the past three episodes and I really enjoyed them quite a bit. Lexa dying was not surprising at all since sometime in season 2 when Lexa mentioned that there was some sort of reincarnation to become the Grounder leader, I knew she had to die in order for us to see it. The exec. producer saying we would see more of Grounder culture this season and the actress getting a job on another show further solidified my thoughts.

It also seems to pay to stay away from Clarke though, Wells, Finn, and now Lexa die. Actually, it really doesn't pay to have a relationship at all on this show. Saying this, I really love the brother/sister relationship of Bellamy/Octavia and teacher/student of Indra/Octavia which probably means that Octavia is not long for this world :(

IIt also seems to pay to stay away from Clarke though, Wells, Finn, and now Lexa die. Actually, it really doesn't pay to have a relationship at all on this show. Saying this, I really love the brother/sister relationship of Bellamy/Octavia and teacher/student of Indra/Octavia which probably means that Octavia is not long for this world :(
Honestly I think it would be the other way around and to keep an eye out for those around Octavia to kick the bucket.
Especially with the Lincoln rumors.

I came to post that exact same thing. The earth has been destroyed and you need all possible resources so you decide to blow up a whole space station? What harm would have come to the others if there was still one more station floating about that might have joined eventually. At least try using their space suits and an escape pod to covertly take it over or something.

Fear makes people make stupid decisions. Case in point, Charles Pike.

So I assume the black blood stuff is obviously whatever she was injecting herself with on Polaris, maybe it was needed to interface with the new AI? Gave her immunity to the radiation?

I would assume she also injected people she found on Earth with this, some select people that is. Over time this was passed down to their children and so on I guess? That's the only thing I can think of and when they find these children they are chosen to be up for Commander.

Radiation immunity would also explain how the Grounders survived. It gets into the bloodstream, grants immunity, and then is passed down from generation to generation.

- Extended promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

Ugh. Now I have to wait another week...

So I assume the black blood stuff is obviously whatever she was injecting herself with on Polaris, maybe it was needed to interface with the new AI? Gave her immunity to the radiation?

I would assume she also injected people she found on Earth with this, some select people that is. Over time this was passed down to their children and so on I guess? That's the only thing I can think of and when they find these children they are chosen to be up for Commander.

Radiation immunity would also explain how the Grounders survived too. It gets into the bloodstream and grants immunity to radiation, and then is passed down from generation to generation.

Natiko

Banned
Uh...

Really good episode. Heart wrenching to watch. I was surprised we got as much time with Lexa as we did considering how much I saw it predicted she was going to be written out of the show or only briefly appear. They did a lot more with the time they had left than I ever would've imagined. All the same, still was a blow to the gut. I wonder if this will serve to make Clarke more cold once again as she sets off to rid Arkadia of Pike.

Why would they abort the missile? They spent months or maybe years getting 13 different stations from different nations to join forces and share resources, the only way to save the human race.
At the last second Polaris starts refusing to go along with it, and some of the other stations that were not keen on the idea start threatening to pull out as well. So they shoot Polaris out of the sky and are then like "anyone else want to pull out?"

Why would they? Gee... I don't know, maybe because they agreed to do it at the last minute and it would be completely fucking stupid to waste lives and resources when they're so rare.

But with this, I'm so goddamn done. I've watched probably hundreds of television shows in my sad and sorry little half gay life and I've never turned around on one faster than in those last few minutes.
Don't find strength in a god damn TV show. How about that? If you completely rely on things external to yourself for support or reassurance then you will always be disappointed.

I knew Lexa would die this season for sure, since she's in Fear The Walking Dead and because she kind of had it coming after the shit she pulled last season. Them "getting back together" was an obvious smokescreen to distract from her inevitable demise. I feel bad for people who are genuinely upset by this but it really WAS telegraphed IMO. Also, while I agree that the manner in which she died was silly (which I think is fine in the long run, people die to silly reasons all the time in real time too, that's the tragedy of it) I think it's a real stretch to fling accusations of gay murder. This show has been equally brutal to everyone, and I'm certain a lot of misery and pain awaits for other good characters as well.

Anyway, the episode was excellent. The flashbacks were enthralling and the revelation of the secondary AI being in the commanders was fantastic! Can't wait to see where this leads.

Lmao, what? When did I say I was finding strength only in television? Can I not complain about unfair treatment in media at any time ever?

Honestly, buddy, I've been posting on this forum for about ten years now, during 2 of which I was a moderator, and while I distinctly remember you as a poster I don't think I can ever remember you posting something nice or positive here. So thanks for your contribution, I guess?

Of course you don't. Because you're like a horse with blinkers on. You only see in one direction.

But by all means keep on drinking yourself into angry rants over the death of a fictional character.

The revelation of the secondary AI and the whole history of Polaris and ALIE was fucking incredible. I never expected those plotlines to cross like that and in such a satisfying way. The "commander's spirit" being an actual thing... wow. Can't wait to see where this goes.

As for Lexa's death and the huge fallout about it, I don't have much to say about it other than I'm completely okay with it. Huge fan of the show and the decisions being made and will continue loving and supporting it as one of the best series on TV right now.

Not relegated to this thread or this show, of course - you're just such an extremely unpleasant poster in general that you even felt the need to pick on me when I'm down and sad about something and just wanted some place to vent. Again, thank you. It was really big of you to respond in this way.

Even now you're projecting onto me and have resorted to lines such as "you're just such an extremely unpleasant poster in general" and are complaining about me picking on you as if this is some school playground.

You are not a child anymore.

And this: "sad and sorry little half gay life". Stop repeating that kind of shit to yourself. Just that line in itself tells me a lot about your mindset. And for the record I believe in people and think they can achieve better things for themselves but only if they wake up and accept responsibility for their own life.

kirblar

People have been asking "is this the ep where Lexa dies?" for a long time.

Not because she's gay, but because everything about her character narrative screamed that she wasn't going to last. The good was the Trill reveal. The bad was that they had only 7 episodes to set the whole thing up and had to rush everything- which seems to be a pattern this season- I wonder if the original outline for this season was much less compressed.

Joni

tumblr_o3j7nkKDBq1v4ty5fo1_1280.jpg

"Passionate". I'm not sure if she's trolling the really affected fans, secretly agreeing with them or just really oblivious.
You don't need to agree with them to see they care very much.

Why would they? Gee... I don't know, maybe because they agreed to do it at the last minute and it would be completely fucking stupid to waste lives and resources when they're so rare.
It was too late. You need to understand they didnt want to convince polaris but China and Russia. They would have still needed to threathen them with the risk they see the survival of polaris as a sign that the usa doesn't dare to shoot them. So shooting down the problem station which seemed to have way less people was the best solution. And again, important to remember polaris was another American station in a world where Russia and the usa just blew each other up. The American station would need to take that tension into account.

B3N1

The revelation of the secondary AI and the whole history of Polaris and ALIE was fucking incredible. I never expected those plotlines to cross like that and in such a satisfying way. The "commander's spirit" being an actual thing... wow. Can't wait to see where this goes.

As for Lexa's death and the huge fallout about it, I don't have much to say about it other than I'm completely okay with it. Huge fan of the show and the decisions being made and will continue loving and supporting it as one of the best series on TV right now.

I totally agree with this. I didn't even expect her to show up in Season 3 after being cast on FTWD. The fight between Lexa and the prince was even more suspenseful, because both of them had to disappear soon (and McGowan is a regular in Black Sails). Titus killing her was a bit weird, but it had to happen, and with the flashbacks introduced this episode, I think they did all they could have done.

kirblar

There's a non-zero chance the Buffy resemblance was deliberate because they're going to be taking a page out of another Whedon show (Dollhouse) with Clarke.

freoleo29

I cannot believe some people are making this into a gay thing, has the word gay even been used in the show? no, because as far as we know it doesn't even exist in that universe lol, even if it does exist then Clarke is the LEAD of the show and was clearly in love with Lexa and she didn't get killed off, yet noone seems to mention that...

Joni

I cannot believe some people are making this into a gay thing, has the word gay even been used in the show? no, because as far as we know it doesn't even exist in that universe lol, even if it does exist then Clarke is the LEAD of the show and was clearly in love with Lexa and she didn't get killed off, yet noone seems to mention that...
People are idiots. Just remember that.

Even if she wasn't on another show, Lexa was done for. Between the hostile Arkers and the frustrated clans, someone was going to kill her. Plus now that she's dead we get to see the ascension ceremony and the commander's spirit tying together the whole history of Grounders and Arkers. Lexa dying is 100% the rational move for the show, IMO. Too much of the plot was being held back by her being alive. She continuously blocked potential climaxes and revelations. It's pretty clear now that her death is going to be the catalyst to the next few weeks of chaos and some much needed action.

Skux

With the flashbacks to the Polaris crash it makes the whole timeline seem weird.

In 100 years, humanity completely abandons all of the previous institutions of government, law & order, military, science, and organised religion, reverting to a pre-industrial tribal state and developing their own dialect.

It just feels a little quick to have the slate wiped clean like that. There'd be remnants of the old world all over the place, especially in lightly populated areas. There'd be books and stories and history and music that would get passed down the generations. And yet it's like the Grounders started from scratch to create their own civilisation.

Joni

With the flashbacks to the Polaris crash it makes the whole timeline seem weird.

In 100 years, humanity completely abandons all of the previous institutions of government, law & order, military, science, and organised religion, reverting to a pre-industrial tribal state and developing their own dialect.

It just feels a little quick to have the slate wiped clean like that. There'd be remnants of the old world all over the place, especially in lightly populated areas. There'd be books and stories and history and music that would get passed down the generations. And yet it's like the Grounders started from scratch to create their own civilisation.

I was thinking the same, it will really depend on what happens in those first few years and who was the most heavily affected. If it is a time where only young people really stand a chance to survive, language would be quickly forgotten as they wouldn't go to school so they wouldn't be able to read.

That was just about the most cruel and cynical example of queerbaiting for ratings I've ever seen in my 25 years of life. I feel retroactively stupid for ever defending this show or promoting it to other people; you were all right, the character writing is lazy and terrible and I hate it. I really do feel like I've been played, after all the hinting and teasing from the people who make this show that there might actually be hope for Clarke and Lexa when they knew this was gonna be the end result. This isn't even close to the first time this has happened - Lexa's death was literally a fucking carbon copy of Tara's in Buffy the Vampire Slayer 15 fucking years ago because lesbians are just really fucking good at walking into bullets intended for the lead character of the show immediately after they've reconciled with their lovers and finally had sex, I guess - but this time easily hurt the most because I really had some hope that for once they wouldn't go with the tired and horrible and painful trope of the gay girl dying because she had the temerity to love a woman. That's such a shitty cliche and they're hinting at it way too hard for it to ever really happen, right? They're going to maybe go with the revolutionary concept that for once the lesbian won't die and that two women can actually fall in love without everything turning to shit? They've already killed one of Clarke's love interests and they won't do it again as a cheap ploy for drama llama?

I don't really care that the show didn't kill her because she was gay, because that's always the excuse. (And, not coincidentally, it's always the same excuse used by shows like F/TWD for why they're always blithely killing off black men for no good goddamn reason. Hmmmmm.) I don't really care that the actress, bless her talented young heart, had an obligation to another show - beg borrow and steal, if you have to. Write her off into hiding forever somehow (they did literally this to Roan and Emerson just this season!) and have Clarke ride Bellamy's dick off into the sunset while trashing this beautiful love story you've made, I don't even care. I'm just so fucking tired of queer women being a brief sideshow, or being jokey wank material for straight dudes (hello there Chris Rock), or being written into unhappiness, or especially being violently shot to death because the writers were too lazy to come up with a better alternative. I'm tired of having to pray that Root and Shaw somehow miraculously survive season 5 of Person of Interest, because there's just so little else left to hope for in terms of representation. I'm tired of having Ryan Murphy and a small handful of children's shows being the best that gay and bi women can possibly hope for.

If you're straight, I'm sorry, but you probably don't get it and you probably never will. This rant is gonna mean nothing to you and you might feel tempted to heterosplain to me why it's "just a ship" regardless of being the most dynamic and layered romance between women that I can think of in probably my whole life of watching television (how fucking sad!), or why it was necessary to the plot for Lexa to nonsensically walk (into a room because she heard gunshots and worried for Clarke's safety!!!) into a stray bullet (grounders don't use guns until they do I guess, can't wait to see that retconned next week) fired at her because Clarke loved her and she loved Clarke (Titus' reasoning for firing the gun, literally. Love really is weakness, y'all, at least when you're a dead gay or her ever-suffering bisexual girlfriend). You've seen love between a man and a woman equated to strength a thousand million times over, to the point where it's kind of sickening and cliched in its own way. You don't have to go actively seeking out the 1% of media that represents you only to find that the message is: your love is tragedy and it leads to death and misery. You didn't grow up watching show after show hammer this message into your head, only to finally think you found the one that would be different and to have it snatched away from you not five minutes after those characters were finally happy. It's not the same as Finn, yo. There are 82 million cute floppy haired white boys on television. There are exactly 0 young lesbian leaders of their society who are complex and flawed and powerful for gay teenage girls to look up to now, though. And I hope that was worth it all for a "neat" plot twist that could've been shown in umpteen other ways.

So, yeah, I'm a bit drunk and a lot angry, rant over; no one needs to respond to this post because I probably won't be back, I probably won't be able to bear the thought of ever watching this show again, and I'm certainly not going to be able to contribute anything but negativity about it anymore. I guess you can PM me if you really feel the need. The sad thing is, the episode was, overall, really well done (thank fuck for the lack of tiring Arkadia garbage) and I loved finally getting to see Erica Cerra show her acting chops in a small but moving performance as Becca, so different from ALIE - someday she's going to be a lead actress and I am going to watch the shit out of whatever show that is. But with this, I'm so goddamn done. I've watched probably hundreds of television shows in my sad and sorry little half gay life and I've never turned around on one faster than in those last few minutes.

I can't even begin to imagine how you might feel after that, but I do need to say something. Why is this such a big deal? Never even once was she defined by her sexuality on the show. The only place where she was defined by her sexuality was within the fandom, it wasn't even brought up in the show at all. If Clarke and or Lexa had been straight and their love interest died, we wouldn't see this happening. Is it too much to ask to give the writers the benefit of the doubt here? I get that there's not a lot of lesbian/bi representation on television right now, but that is no excuse to go around accusing writers of "gay murder" tropes when there were so many other reasons for Lexa to die. The show consistently told us that her weakness was love; she consistently let her heart get in the way of her head this season. So it doesn't matter that she was a lesbian, because her greatness weakness was love. I Clarke had been a guy, it would still have happened the same way because that is the story that they are telling. It has nothing to do with her being gay.

Was it anti-climactic? Yeah, it was, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't fit her character's weaknesses. A flawed character makes for good television, because a character that is always right or never makes a bad decision has no drama. Lexa let her emotions control her actions and it ultimately got her killed in a very tragic way by the one person who loved her more than Clarke.

People have been asking "is this the ep where Lexa dies?" for a long time.

Not because she's gay, but because everything about her character narrative screamed that she wasn't going to last. The good was the Trill reveal. The bad was that they had only 7 episodes to set the whole thing up and had to rush everything- which seems to be a pattern this season- I wonder if the original outline for this season was much less compressed.

It probably was much less compressed, but AMC gave them a 7 episode ultimatum so they had to get to it quickly.

Really?

Really?

That's how you kill Lexa? What the hell man. I get that she's going to be busy with Fear, but they didn't have to kill her off like that. It felt was unworthy of her character.

Good episode othewrwise, I enjoyed the flashbacks. Hope we get more.

Dynasty

The episode was almost perfect, the only downside being the way Lexa died. The flashbacks were really interesting and the revelation of the AI being in Lexa's head was also interesting. I also liked the dynamic between Octavia and Indra. Honestly the show is at its best when they focus away from Arkadia. I really do hope that Arkadia falls at the end of this season forcing the survivors to move.

RS4-

They fucked up by not having more of the Curtis Manning. They probably have a full ep about Alie or whatever bring on the ground.

97 years does not sound long enough.

And the whole Polaris thing, that was kinda weak.

Somnia

That was just about the most cruel and cynical example of queerbaiting for ratings I've ever seen in my 25 years of life. I feel retroactively stupid for ever defending this show or promoting it to other people; you were all right, the character writing is lazy and terrible and I hate it. I really do feel like I've been played, after all the hinting and teasing from the people who make this show that there might actually be hope for Clarke and Lexa when they knew this was gonna be the end result. This isn't even close to the first time this has happened - Lexa's death was literally a fucking carbon copy of Tara's in Buffy the Vampire Slayer 15 fucking years ago because lesbians are just really fucking good at walking into bullets intended for the lead character of the show immediately after they've reconciled with their lovers and finally had sex, I guess - but this time easily hurt the most because I really had some hope that for once they wouldn't go with the tired and horrible and painful trope of the gay girl dying because she had the temerity to love a woman. That's such a shitty cliche and they're hinting at it way too hard for it to ever really happen, right? They're going to maybe go with the revolutionary concept that for once the lesbian won't die and that two women can actually fall in love without everything turning to shit? They've already killed one of Clarke's love interests and they won't do it again as a cheap ploy for drama llama?

I don't really care that the show didn't kill her because she was gay, because that's always the excuse. (And, not coincidentally, it's always the same excuse used by shows like F/TWD for why they're always blithely killing off black men for no good goddamn reason. Hmmmmm.) I don't really care that the actress, bless her talented young heart, had an obligation to another show - beg borrow and steal, if you have to. Write her off into hiding forever somehow (they did literally this to Roan and Emerson just this season!) and have Clarke ride Bellamy's dick off into the sunset while trashing this beautiful love story you've made, I don't even care. I'm just so fucking tired of queer women being a brief sideshow, or being jokey wank material for straight dudes (hello there Chris Rock), or being written into unhappiness, or especially being violently shot to death because the writers were too lazy to come up with a better alternative. I'm tired of having to pray that Root and Shaw somehow miraculously survive season 5 of Person of Interest, because there's just so little else left to hope for in terms of representation. I'm tired of having Ryan Murphy and a small handful of children's shows being the best that gay and bi women can possibly hope for.

If you're straight, I'm sorry, but you probably don't get it and you probably never will. This rant is gonna mean nothing to you and you might feel tempted to heterosplain to me why it's "just a ship" regardless of being the most dynamic and layered romance between women that I can think of in probably my whole life of watching television (how fucking sad!), or why it was necessary to the plot for Lexa to nonsensically walk (into a room because she heard gunshots and worried for Clarke's safety!!!) into a stray bullet (grounders don't use guns until they do I guess, can't wait to see that retconned next week) fired at her because Clarke loved her and she loved Clarke (Titus' reasoning for firing the gun, literally. Love really is weakness, y'all, at least when you're a dead gay or her ever-suffering bisexual girlfriend). You've seen love between a man and a woman equated to strength a thousand million times over, to the point where it's kind of sickening and cliched in its own way. You don't have to go actively seeking out the 1% of media that represents you only to find that the message is: your love is tragedy and it leads to death and misery. You didn't grow up watching show after show hammer this message into your head, only to finally think you found the one that would be different and to have it snatched away from you not five minutes after those characters were finally happy. It's not the same as Finn, yo. There are 82 million cute floppy haired white boys on television. There are exactly 0 young lesbian leaders of their society who are complex and flawed and powerful for gay teenage girls to look up to now, though. And I hope that was worth it all for a "neat" plot twist that could've been shown in umpteen other ways.

So, yeah, I'm a bit drunk and a lot angry, rant over; no one needs to respond to this post because I probably won't be back, I probably won't be able to bear the thought of ever watching this show again, and I'm certainly not going to be able to contribute anything but negativity about it anymore. I guess you can PM me if you really feel the need. The sad thing is, the episode was, overall, really well done (thank fuck for the lack of tiring Arkadia garbage) and I loved finally getting to see Erica Cerra show her acting chops in a small but moving performance as Becca, so different from ALIE - someday she's going to be a lead actress and I am going to watch the shit out of whatever show that is. But with this, I'm so goddamn done. I've watched probably hundreds of television shows in my sad and sorry little half gay life and I've never turned around on one faster than in those last few minutes.

I know this sucks and as a straight male you're probably right I don't get it as much as you do. It sucks for me in another way because I'm invested in this universe and characters, but how about we look at the positives they've done and not just look at as a "kill the gay character"?

They've created a universe where the words straight, gay, bisexual, black, white, etc. are never used. No one cares what your sexuality is in this universe, this is something we're striving to achieve now in our world, it's happened in this world. On top of that yes they did kill Lexa, but Clarke is still alive. Granted she has been shown with a guy also, but she is clearly a gay character AND the lead star of the show.

Honestly the writers kind of wrote themselves into a corner when they decided to talk about the spirit of the commander living on. We should be happy we got Lexa back for 7 episodes, she had to die no matter what for this story with Polaris to happen. If they hadn't been able to work out a deal with AMC and get her back she probably would have been killed off screen.

I say enjoy what you experience with her and don't be down over what happened. They did not kill her because she was gay, yes it fits the tropes of Hollywood, but to me they clearly were not doing it for that.

Nameless

The saddest thing about Lexa's death is that it happened because the actress chose a worse role on a worse show.

Fantastic episode, though. World building continues to be one The 100's strongest traits. This ep fleshed out the lore & mythology in a major way while also putting pretty much every thread on a collision course with potentially crazy implications.

Also I need more ALIE1/ALIE2/Rebecca flashbacks. Great stuff.

The saddest thing about Lexa's death is that it happened because the actress chose a worse role on a worse show.

Fantastic episode, though. World building continues to be one The 100's strongest traits. This ep fleshed out the lore & mythology in a major way while also putting pretty much every thread on a collision course with potentially crazy implications.

Also I need more ALIE1/ALIE2/Rebecca flashbacks. Great stuff.

But it's a show with like 10 times the viewership and a bigger potential paycheck on top of being a lead, probably a better decision career wise.

Nameless

But it's a show with like 10 times the viewership and a bigger potential paycheck on top of being a lead, probably a better decision career wise.

I certainly understand why she did it, her character on Fear The Walking Dead just leaves a lot to be desired, as does the show itself. Oh well.

I know this sucks and as a straight male you're probably right I don't get it as much as you do. It sucks for me in another way because I'm invested in this universe and characters, but how about we look at the positives they've done and not just look at as a "kill the gay character"?

They've created a universe where the words straight, gay, bisexual, black, white, etc. are never used. No one cares what your sexuality is in this universe, this is something we're striving to achieve now in our world, it's happened in this world. On top of that yes they did kill Lexa, but Clarke is still alive. Granted she has been shown with a guy also, but she is clearly a gay character AND the lead star of the show.

Honestly the writers kind of wrote themselves into a corner when they decided to talk about the spirit of the commander living on. We should be happy we got Lexa back for 7 episodes, she had to die no matter what for this story with Polaris to happen. If they hadn't been able to work out a deal with AMC and get her back she probably would have been killed off screen.

I say enjoy what you experience with her and don't be down over what happened. They did not kill her because she was gay, yes it fits the tropes of Hollywood, but to me they clearly were not doing it for that.

This is basically where I stand right now. It's hard for me to have an opinion on it because I'm straight and obviously I can't relate in the same way.

I do agree that her death wasn't handled well, but one scene shouldn't erase all the good things the show has done in terms of representation (and will hopefully continue to do). It also shouldn't erase Lexa's arc until that point, and how well both her and Clarke were written and treated both this season and last.

Edit: Also just an fyi, Clarke is bi, not gay. Although I'm not sure if you just generally meant 'not straight'.

TheOddOne

- From co-producer and writer of "Thirteen", Javier Grillo-Marxuach, blog:
over the last 24 hours, the response to episode 307 of the 100 has been staggering. i have handled the response in a number of ways - many of which have only made some angrier - but through it all i have stayed on social media trying to fully absorb the overwhelming tide of opinion.

if my retweeting/reblogging, or trying to explain the show’s creative process, or expressing my belief in the integrity of our work, or even the occasional attempt at levity – or any of the other responses i have posted so far – came across as an attempt to mock or diminish the loss you feel at the death of a beloved character (and what that death means in the broader context of a difficult reality outside the show’s creative bubble), i am truly sorry.

moreover, the reason i have stopped offering explanations is that i understand that your pain is real and – at this moment – other considerations are secondary.
the reason i will keep reblogging/retweeting your communications is to acknowledge that i am receiving you and to make it clear that i am still present - reading, listening, and engaging.

if you were hurt by our dramatic choices – and those choices brought to you a bitter reminder of the all-too real cruelty of our world – please know that i acknowledge your grief, respect your right to anger, and believe that you should be heard.
because of that, i am taking your words regardless of how you come at me. my name is on the episode. while many have taken my ongoing claim that i stand by the work as a form of defiance, part of standing by the work is accepting, and learning from, its reception for better and worse.

i love the 100. i cherish the cast, crew, writers, and all of the fans. just as i was here when everyone was cheering, i remain now that some are hurt by our choices, and i will continue to listen, and, in doing so, to understand.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

That doesn't seem that far out there. 4 or 5 generations of just surviving would pretty rapidly deplete any specific knowledge, and most of the knowledge the random smattering of survivors would have would be fairly useless. There may have also been a concerted effort to forget a civilization that destroyed the entire world.

Top Bottom