• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

mackaveli

any good websites out there that discuss the show or theories?

I just recently watched the show in a week and half and I love it. Would like to read peoples theories, etc., on the show.

thanks.

Any 100 fans here who watch Fear the Walking Dead? I'm tempted to give it a go since I do enjoy Alycia Debnam-Carey as an actress but I've heard a lot of how her character is apparently terrible over on the show? And is the show as a whole worth watching?

I certainly understand why she did it, her character on Fear The Walking Dead just leaves a lot to be desired, as does the show itself. Oh well.

Yeah, I never finished the six episodes that ran last year, I haven't even started on this season of TWD either. I watched the first three seasons in quick order but then season four came and I already started losing what interest I had and season five, ehhh.

Joni

Any 100 fans here who watch Fear the Walking Dead? I'm tempted to give it a go since I do enjoy Alycia Debnam-Carey as an actress but I've heard a lot of how her character is apparently terrible over on the show? And is the show as a whole worth watching?

She isn't bad, but she isn't remarkable either. She is clearly overshadowed by Young Johnny Depp and her material has been very limited.

zeemumu

Dragonz says that she(
"she" referring to Lexa
) deserved so much better and that she's(Dragonz) still steamed two days later, and also to post this:

tumblr_inline_o3ktf2fAWe1ruka7s_540.jpg

I enjoyed what I've seen so far. It's definitely been more interesting than the last few seasons of the main Walking Dead show.

idonteven

she plays a dumb teenager wich is such a big diff compared to lexa

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Her character is pretty annoying, so far. If you are looking for more Lexa then you are definitely going to be disappointed, I didn't even begin to put together that it was the same actress until someone pointed it out.

Corpekata

Banned
I wouldn't watch Fear for her, at least not yet. It's....alright at best. I'd probably wait a season or two to see if it gains some steam.

jwk94

she plays a dumb teenager wich is such a big diff compared to lexa

But she doesn't play a dumb teenager. She plays a teenager whose family doesn't bother telling her what's going on until the last possible seconds.

I just got done watching FTWD (watched it last night because I needed more Lexa) and while I'm disappointed she's not even close to being Lexa in that show, she's not bad and neither is the show. That's not to say it's great though. The adults in the show are damn near brain dead for a few episodes and in a six-season run, it's super annoying. But once things start to pick up, it gets better. I'm kinda excited for the next season now, but I wouldn't really mind stopping at season 1.

Thanks to all for the responses! I think I will give it a go, I'm not necessarily looking for or expecting her to play a character like Lexa, so I'll give it a try.

KevinCow

Banned
I like how the Grounder plotline is crossing with Jaha's plotline. That's neat, and I didn't expect that.

But there's one thing that's really bugging me.

There are three things that have fallen from space:

- The original capsule containing the 100
- The Ark
- The Polaris capsule

These could have landed anywhere on Earth. Anywhere. Yet they just happen to have landed within miles of not only each other, but also the mansion where the AI that destroyed the world was created.

That's just a little bit too much coincidence for me.

Joni

They didn't crash. They aren't that close to each other.

The Polaris escape capsule was aiming at a specific area, trying to get close to the lighthouse so she could reunite with the survivors. She failed, Polis is quite far from the mansion, considering the journey undertaken by Murphy. They had to cross a body of water for instance. She was this far away despite having control over her ship and an AI to guide her.

The kids were sent down with a specific destination, Mount Weather which is an 8 hour run away from the Ark. They are closer to TonDC, which is 60 miles away from Mount Weather based on road traffic. This wasn't a crash, as they planned out the landing. The kids couldn't control it, but it isn't different from how our actual rockets return to Earth, it can all be calculated.

The Ark crash was a crash, but it was again not unplanned. They knew in advance where they needed to be. They timed their crash to end up in the right area. They split up in the air, falling far away from each other. For instance, Arkadia only found Farm Station after three months, despite having a car.

Dragonz says that she(
"she" referring to Lexa
) deserved so much better and that she's(Dragonz) still steamed two days later, and also to post this:

tumblr_inline_o3ktf2fAWe1ruka7s_540.jpg

Slightly differently?

So a more dignified death that was worthy of her character? I'm not so angry that Lexa was killed, I'm annoyed with how they did and the way it all went down. The scene with Lexa and Clarke should have happened a few episodes ago, to have them finally be together and then have Lexa killed was pure bullshit and honestly not something I expected to see from this show.

Lexa as a character did need to die with how they were setting things up, but they really could and should have handled it so much better than a stray bullet killing her and only moments after her and Clarke are finally together.

jwk94

Slightly differently?

So a more dignified death that was worthy of her character? I'm not so angry that Lexa was killed, I'm annoyed with how they did and the way it all went down. The scene with Lexa and Clarke should have happened a few episodes ago, to have them finally be together and then have Lexa killed was pure bullshit and honestly not something I expected to see from this show.

Lexa as a character did need to die with how they were setting things up, but they really could and should have handled it so much better than a stray bullet killing her and only moments after her and Clarke are finally together.
This just shows you can't have a relationship in this show. Didn't the gay dude's boyfriend die in the grounder chemical attack one or two episodes back? I remember someone falling, but they didn't shout a name or anything.

This just shows you can't have a relationship in this show. Didn't the gay dude's boyfriend die in the grounder chemical attack one or two episodes back? I remember someone falling, but they didn't shout a name or anything.
Do you mean Miller? Pretty sure his boyfriend still lives although the fact he wore a red shirt and survived was surprising.

I requested an unban just to make this fucking post, because I've been salty and bitter about Lexa ever since that episode aired.

In short, fuck this. FUCK THIS. I am so fucking pissed off that Jason would do this to us. What the fuck, man? You had something good. For the first time in like 57485743754835 billion years, you gave a f/f couple the MAIN SHIP TREATMENT, and it was wonderful. Clexa wasn't shoehorned in to the plot as a side story, or to attract a certain demographic. It was front and center, and it meant something. It was beautiful. It was healthy. It inspired so many in the LGBTQ community to be who they are and to feel comfortable in their own skin. Because at the end of the day, it wasn't about the ship. It was about the fact that two of the strongest women in the show loved each other and no one gave a fuck. They were valued on what they did as leaders, and not who they were as people. Lexa was the fucking leader of 13 clans and no one gave a shit that she liked boobs. And not to mention, Jason fucking led on these fans. "Just be patient, guys! Trust me!" Well we fucking did. And you know what we got? Another dead lesbian by another shitty method of death.

What the fuck is it with media and creating these tragic gay couples? In almost everything that I've seen, at least ONE of them dies. Because I guess Hollywood thinks that being gay, in and of itself, is tragic. But of course, the hetero couples always make it. There's no tragedy or death there. Apparently you don't need to fucking punish straight couples for being who they are. AND NOT ONLY THAT, but you kill her right after she finally gets to be with the woman she loves? Literally not even three minutes later and she's gone. Fuck you, Jason.

Lexa deserved better. She was strong, beautiful, courageous, brave, and she loved Clarke so fucking much. I understand that ADC had some contractual obligations with FTWD and needed to go. But did that mean she needed to die? I sincerely doubt it. There are so many other ways to write her off the show that doesn't end in the stray bullet trope. And if she was gonna die, it should have been in the field of battle, maybe with a candle or two, and it should have been meaningful. She deserved that much. God. And to make matters worse, I know that we're (leaked pictures spoiler ahead)
going to see her in the CoL later on. She has a reunion with Clarke, probably just to say bye, and then she'll be gone for good.
Is this supposed to make us feel better? Stop fucking playing with the heartstrings of the people who understood how important and influential she was in both the media, and in the individual lives of fans.

And Clarke...what the fuck...Let's look at her track record:

• Gets with Finn, he dies because Clarke chose mercy for him over torture
  • Gets with Niylah, she gets beaten to shit
  • Gets with Lexa, she dies at the hands of some cockblocking fuckboy minutes later
And after all of that, do you know what you're left with? Clarke, holding her lovers as they die. No one fucking deserves that. No one. Give this poor girl a break. GIVE THE LGBTQ COMMUNITY A BREAK FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Stop giving her tragic fucking romances just because she's bisexual.

When your own cast keeps throwing shade at you on twitter, and the writers keep repeatedly telling fans that it was your fault and that they don't necessarily agree with it either, you know you fucked up.

kirblar

Finn (goes crazy because he thinks Clarke is dead)
Jasper (goes nuts cause Maya dies)
Bellamy (goes nuts cause RedShirt dies)

This is a writing problem that they deserve to be put on blast hard for- they keep fridging SOs as plot mechanisms - the Lexa situation just the latest one.

foxtrot3d

Banned
That was just about the most cruel and cynical example of queerbaiting for ratings I've ever seen in my 25 years of life.

*snip*

Yeah...

I might be straight but I'm also black so I know a thing or two about how you might feel. That said, I don't see a single thing wrong with Lexa's death. First, as already explained she had commitments with TWD, they simply couldn't have her which meant her character had to go. That means she either disappears for some complicated reason or gets killed, obviously killing her is the better choice. Second, even if her actress didn't have other commitments just because you like a character doesn't mean they should be kept alive, fucking shippers have ruined most CW shows. All that should matter is whether a character's death makes narrative sense, with Lexa it does.

When I watched TWD they pretty much killed every black character who waltzed into the show, but I never really gave a shit because of larger issues. Main issue number one being that I've accepted the fact that I hate TWD and number two the fact that the majority of black characters, well really any character besides Daryl, Rick, or Glenn, had pretty much zero characterization. Thus, I didn't care if they lived or die. However, I'm usually more upset when a show/movie decides to simply put a token black guy in who has zero characterization than their decision to ultimately kill them.

Lexa was a good character with a solid arc, her death had meaning and its repercussion will be felt likely for the rest of the season. The idea that she and Clarke would somehow ride off into the sunset together was your fault for believing in and anyone watching the show thinking that was an outcome was delusional.

Lexa is dead and I'm glad for it. Now, hopefully Bellamy can get his head chopped off, Octavia dies with him as well, and Clarke sets herself up as ruler of the Grounders and Arkadia by slaughtering all opposition and bringing civilization to these blighted savages.

I requested an unban just to make this fucking post, because I've been salty and bitter about Lexa ever since that episode aired.

What the fuck is it with media and creating these tragic gay couples?

When your own cast keeps throwing shade at you on twitter, and the writers keep repeatedly telling fans that it was your fault and that they don't necessarily agree with it either, you know you fucked up.

Have we all been watching the same show? Relationships ending tragically is its bread and butter, it's a post-apocalyptic show. How can anyone think that a couple in this show will stick together, get married, and live the good life? How could you especially think that with regards to an individual who is a ruler of a savage tribal culture where your position is constantly under threat?

EDIT:

Some of y'all should NEVER watch or read Game of Thrones.

tumblr_o3koq8fXH71twblpzo5_540.jpg

tumblr_o3koq8fXH71twblpzo2_540.jpg

tumblr_o3koq8fXH71twblpzo1_540.jpg

DESERVED

Have we all been watching the same show? Relationships ending tragically is its bread and butter, it's a post-apocalyptic show. How can anyone think that a couple in this show will stick together, get married, and live the good life? How could you especially think that with regards to an individual who is a ruler of a savage tribal culture where your position is constantly under threat?

EDIT:

Some of y'all should NEVER watch or read Game of Thrones.

She didn't die through any actions of that "savage" tribal culture. She died because Titus wasn't happy with Clarke "distracting her" and ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. If that isn't the most cliche thing I don't know what is.

We were led to believe that Clexa was endgame. Literally every Clarke / Lexa scene this season has had some kind of romantic undertone. Their relationship grew and developed, and both characters changed. And it's not even about Clexa as just a ship. It's about the fact that you have another tragic gay love story, even though we were made to believe that this wasn't going to end the same way the other gay ships usually do. We were wrong.

And for the record, I've both read all the books and watched the show. And those deaths are different. Each one is the result of some kind of consequence. Robb? He betrayed his bannerman and paid the price. Tywin? He fucked over Tyrion too many times. Ned? He was too trusting. Each one had a point. They were sad, yes, but there was REASONING behind them.

Never once did I think Lexa and Clarke would live happily ever after. I don't believe this show led me to believe that for one second.

I'm truly baffled by the outrage here.

foxtrot3d

Banned
She didn't die through any actions of that "savage" tribal culture. She died because Titus wasn't happy with Clarke "distracting her" and ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. If that isn't the most cliche thing I don't know what is.

We were led to believe that Clexa was endgame. Literally every Clarke / Lexa scene this season has had some kind of romantic undertone. Their relationship grew and developed, and both characters changed. And it's not even about Clexa as just a ship. It's about the fact that you have another tragic gay love story, even though we were made to believe that this wasn't going to end the same way the other gay ships usually do. We were wrong.

And for the record, I've both read all the books and watched the show. And those deaths are different. Each one is the result of some kind of consequence. Robb? He betrayed his bannerman and paid the price. Tywin? He fucked over Tyrion too many times. Ned? He was too trusting. Each one had a point. They were sad, yes, but there was REASONING behind them.

First, where do you get this notion that Clexa was endgame? How can you even talk about endgame in this series that is just in its third season and hasn't shown any signs of an ending yet? If anything the end of S2 shows that Clexa was NEVER going to happen after she betrayed Clarke and everyone from the Ark. I always saw Lexa as on borrowed time after her actions in S2.

She did die as a result of her actions and their tribal savage culture. Tidus didn't kill her because Clarke "distracted her." He killed her because Clarke was weakening her, she making Lexa reject what their culture demanded, "blood for blood." She refused to listen to all the clan leaders in responding to the massacre of her peace keeping force, she let whathisface from Mt. Weather live, and she refused to march on Arkadia and kill everyone who took part of the village massacre. This right here is exactly the kind of thing that would get a character killed in A Song of Ice and Fire.

Clarke's recommendations might have been reasonable but the masses do not care for reason especially when it goes against their long held cultural norms. It's why Rhaegar died on the Trident, why the Young Wolf was slain, why Ned Starks righteousness couldn't exist, etc. Lexa's death made sense and was the natural result of her actions, she made too many enemies by going against the demands of her people in an attempt to bring about a long lasting peace.

Lexa died cuz she was an idiot. Whether that happened now from a stray bullet or next episode from an increasingly angry population that she has pissed off over. and. over. doesn't make a difference. Nobody honestly expected the blood must not have blood ruling to ever play out. She was a goner as soon as she sided with Clarke over the 12 clans. I'm glad it happened and excited to see what's in store for the future of the series. Letting ships determine your enjoyment of a series is never going to work out. No relationship works on this show, especially not one that was telegraphed as completely DOOMED like Lexa and Clarke.

First, where do you get this notion that Clexa was endgame? How can you even talk about endgame in this series that is just in its third season and hasn't shown any signs of an ending yet? If anything the end of S2 shows that Clexa was NEVER going to happen after she betrayed Clarke and everyone from the Ark. I always saw Lexa as on borrowed time after her actions in S2.

I mean...if you watch the way they interact with each other, and the little micro expressions ADC put into Lexa (lips quivering, eyes fluttering), you can easily tell that there's something there. Which is obvious, but the point is that there was an arc to their relationship. Clarke hates Lexa, then slowly learns to forgive her and learns to appreciate her culture. Why bother with that unless it has some kind of endgame point? That's usually what happens, no? But all of it was a bait. To make us think it was going to last. That's what I'm mad about the most. Jason has stated that show probably won't go past four or five seasons, or more specifically, "for however long he feels like telling the story."

And not only what we got in the show, Jason kept tweeting things like "Oh they're so in love!!!" and "Just trust me, guys. You won't be disappointed." (Obviously not word for word; I'm too lazy to go back and dig up twitter receipts.)

She did die as a result of her actions and their tribal savage culture. Tidus didn't kill her because Clarke "distracted her." He killed her because Clarke was weakening her, she making Lexa reject what their culture demanded, "blood for blood." She refused to listen to all the clan leaders in responding to the massacre of her peace keeping force, she let whathisface from Mt. Weather live, and she refused to march on Arkadia and kill everyone who took part of the village massacre. This right here is exactly the kind of thing that would get a character killed in A Song of Ice and Fire.

Tidus never had any intention to kill Lexa. It was a tragic accident. My point is, her death is because of a shitty circumstance, and had nothing to do with those politics you talk about. His reasons for wanting to kill Clarke were, sure; a result of those politics. But if Lexa truly did die because of this "savage culture", she would've died Julius Caesar style, or on the field of battle. Not because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Clarke's recommendations might have been reasonable but the masses do not care for reason especially when it goes against their long held cultural norms. It's why Rhaegar died on the Trident, why the Young Wolf was slain, why Ned Starks righteousness couldn't exist, etc. Lexa's death made sense and was the natural result of her actions, she made too many enemies by going against the demands of her people in an attempt to bring about a long lasting peace.

Lexa's death WASN'T the result of her political actions though. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Clarke was leaving. She knew that peace wouldn't last, no matter how hard she tried. Lexa knew that war was probably coming to her coalition. If Clarke had left before the sex scene, Tidus wouldn't have had a chance to kill her. And as a result, Lexa wouldn't have died. The whole thing was a matter of coincidence; no one went out of their way to have Lexa killed.

Lexa died cuz she was an idiot. Whether that happened now from a stray bullet or next episode from an increasingly angry population that she has pissed off over. and. over. doesn't make a difference. Nobody honestly expected the blood must not have blood ruling to ever play out. She was a goner as soon as she sided with Clarke over the 12 clans. I'm glad it happened and excited to see what's in store for the future of the series. Letting ships determine your enjoyment of a series is never going to work out. No relationship works on this show, especially not one that was telegraphed as completely DOOMED like Lexa and Clarke.

I am angry not because she died (well, I mean I'm bummed); I am angry because Clexa did so much for the LGBTQ community and it got turned into another dead lesbian trope.

Skux

Agreed here. Lexa's safety was already on shaky ground at the start of the season when she inducted the Sky People into the clans and had her leadership challenged by the Ice Nation. And then further exacerbated by Clarke's influence and idealism causing her to abolish the eye-for-an-eye tradition, resulting in huge tension and culminating in an assassination attempt. Even Titus, her closest advisor, knew her life was in danger and decided that killing Clarke was the best way to stop Lexa's life being at risk, even choosing to use firearms against the code of his people in order to frame Murphy for the crime. And having no firearms training, it was an accident waiting to happen.

People driven into desperate situations making poor choices resulting in tragic consequences. This is standard tragic storytelling that goes all the way back to ancient Greece. The reasoning and buildup to Lexa's death is watertight as far as I'm concerned.

Tidus never had any intention to kill Lexa. It was a tragic accident. My point is, her death is because of a shitty circumstance, and had nothing to do with those politics you talk about. His reasons for wanting to kill Clarke were, sure; a result of those politics. But if Lexa truly did die because of this "savage culture", she would've died Julius Caesar style, or on the field of battle. Not because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lexa's death WASN'T the result of her political actions though. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Clarke was leaving. She knew that peace wouldn't last, no matter how hard she tried. Lexa knew that war was probably coming to her coalition. If Clarke had left before the sex scene, Tidus wouldn't have had a chance to kill her. And as a result, Lexa wouldn't have died. The whole thing was a matter of coincidence; no one went out of their way to have Lexa killed.

It doesn't have to be. That's what makes it a tragedy, and that's why it's great. You feel shocked and robbed, helpless to change things, and a sense of unfairness about how everything turned out. It takes a lot of skill and setup to elicit that feeling in an audience. If it was too neat and tidy (eg Lexa dying by taking a bullet for Clarke), it would have been contrived and sentimental. If the setup and tension wasn't there, it would feel like a cheap shock that came out of nowhere and have no emotional weight.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I mean...if you watch the way they interact with each other, and the little micro expressions ADC put into Lexa (lips quivering, eyes fluttering), you can easily tell that there's something there. Which is obvious, but the point is that there was an arc to their relationship. Clarke hates Lexa, then slowly learns to forgive her and learns to appreciate her culture. Why bother with that unless it has some kind of endgame point? That's usually what happens, no? But all of it was a bait. To make us think it was going to last. That's what I'm mad about the most. Jason has stated that show probably won't go past four or five seasons, or more specifically, "for however long he feels like telling the story."

And not only what we got in the show, Jason kept tweeting things like "Oh they're so in love!!!" and "Just trust me, guys. You won't be disappointed." (Obviously not word for word; I'm too lazy to go back and dig up twitter receipts.)

I am angry not because she died (well, I mean I'm bummed); I am angry because Clexa did so much for the LGBTQ community and it got turned into another dead lesbian trope.

1. LOL, lips quivering and eyes fluttering is not any indication that a relationship will last. Clarke was used to introduce us to Grounder culture there was no way she would end up being with Lexa. Lexa's own position as a leader meant she was on borrowed time, especially as the sole leader who cared about peace with the Ark crew. Her death was necessary to move the story forward.

2. Lexa did die as a result of her political decisions. Yes, Tidus was trying to kill Clarke but he was only doing so because he believed that Clarke was responsible for her new found "weakness." That she died as a result of his desire to end Clarke is a poetic tragedy, he brought about exactly what he was trying to prevent, the end of Lexa and her reign.

3. Who cares what the showrunner tweeted? Did you expect him to spoil what would happen? "Hey guys, don't get too invested she'll be gone soon." Yeah, that's not going to happen. At the end of day Clarke at least got to say goodbye to Lexa and voice her feelings towards her, that is closure. You may not like the closure you got but it is still closure on their relationship.

1. LOL, lips quivering and eyes fluttering is not any indication that a relationship will last. Clarke was used to introduce us to Grounder culture there was no way she would end up being with Lexa. Lexa's own position as a leader meant she was on borrowed time, especially as the sole leader who cared about peace with the Ark crew. Her death was necessary to move the story forward.

2. Lexa did die as a result of her political decisions. Yes, Tidus was trying to kill Clarke but he was only doing so because he believed that Clarke was responsible for her new found "weakness." That she died as a result of his desire to end Clarke is a poetic tragedy, he brought about exactly what he was trying to prevent, the end of Lexa and her reign.

3. Who cares what the showrunner tweeted? Did you expect him to spoil what would happen? "Hey guys, don't get too invested she'll be gone soon." Yeah, that's not going to happen. At the end of day Clarke at least got to say goodbye to Lexa and voice her feelings towards her, that is closure. You may not like the closure you got but it is still closure on their relationship.

It doesn't have to be. That's what makes it a tragedy, and that's why it's great. You feel shocked and robbed, helpless to change things, and a sense of unfairness about how everything turned out. It takes a lot of skill and setup to elicit that feeling in an audience. If it was too neat and tidy (eg Lexa dying by taking a bullet for Clarke), it would have been contrived and sentimental. If the setup and tension wasn't there, it would feel like a cheap shock that came out of nowhere and have no emotional weight.

Y'all need to go back and read this post.

Anyway, she deserved better. I'm bitter and I feel betrayed. Part of me wants to keep watching because I've invested so much time into this god damn show, but it's never going to be the same. I think I'll always be resentful of how it all turned out. I don't know.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Y'all need to go back and read this post.

Anyway, she deserved better. I'm bitter and I feel betrayed. Part of me wants to keep watching because I've invested so much time into this god damn show, but it's never going to be the same. I think I'll always be resentful of how it all turned out. I don't know.

That's how I feel all the time reading "A Song of Ice and Fire" and doubly so when watching the show that likes to kill or make characters suffer that NEVER went through that in the books. FUCK, (GOT Spoilers)
Barristan Selmy, Barristan the fucking Bold, who slew Maelys the Monstrous on the Stepstones, who single handedly rescued Aerys from Duskendale, gets taken out by a bunch of mook harpies. Screw you, D&D. Also, cut out your rape fetish
. Any way, just because I'm upset or shocked doesn't mean it wasn't good storytelling or the right decision.

Faenix1

Dying from a stray bullet is the most BS way to go but stop watching a show cause your favorite character dies just seems crazy to me. I mean, most shows are too "safe" and I love that they had the balls to kill off a beloved character. I just wish the circumstances surrounding it wasn't such bullshit.

(She's a warrior. I don't think you just randomly walk into a room when you hear gun fire. I'm pretty sure by now you'd know what it sounds like and what it can do.)

Skux

Dying from a stray bullet is the most BS way to go but stop watching a show cause your favorite character dies just seems crazy to me. I mean, most shows are too "safe" and I love that they had the balls to kill off a beloved character. I just wish the circumstances surrounding it wasn't such bullshit.

Ironically, being so upset that you threaten to stop watching the show only reinforces how invested you are into it.

As I said to Game of Thrones viewers who said they'd quit the show after Ned/Red Wedding: See you next week! :p

foxtrot3d

Banned

(She's a warrior. I don't think you just randomly walk into a room when you hear gun fire. I'm pretty sure by now you'd know what it sounds like and what it can do.)

To be fair, would they? Before the Ark crew they would have only battled with Mt. Weather who had such weapons and I doubt Mt. Weather was engaging in frequent battles with the Grounders.

Lexa deserved to die for that Mt. Weather stunt she pulled last season. Us Jasper and Maya shippers are happy

Finally, someone else that feels me.

That's how I feel all the time reading "A Song of Ice and Fire" and doubly so when watching the show that likes to kill or make characters suffer that NEVER went through that in the books. FUCK, (GOT Spoilers)
Barristan Selmy, Barristan the fucking Bold, who slew Maelys the Monstrous on the Stepstones, who single handedly rescued Aerys from Duskendale, gets taken out by a bunch of mook harpies. Screw you, D&D. Also, cut out your rape fetish
. Any way, just because I'm upset or shocked doesn't mean it wasn't good storytelling or the right decision.

It wasn't either of those things though. But I mean, I can keep saying that until I'm blue in the face and we can keep arguing back and forth but honestly I just feel like we're doing a circle jerk at this point and I'm tired.

She probably went to go check on Clarke, to make sure she was okay. Love is weakness, you know, especially if you're gay or bisexual. /s

Bah you can always fall down an Elevator shaft.

Faenix1

To be fair, would they? Before the Ark crew they would have only battled with Mt. Weather who had such weapons and I doubt Mt. Weather was engaging in frequent battles with the Grounders..

I guess you wouldn't know exactly what they sounded like but surely you'd have some kind of idea by now, wouldn't you? The 100 has used them a couple times now in the last.. however long storywise it's been. lol

Remainder of season 3 episode titles confirmed

3x08:
Terms and Conditions
3x09:
Stealing Fire
3x10:
Fallen
3x11:
Nevermore
3x:12:
Demons
3x13:
Join or Die
3x14:
Red Dawn at Morning
3x15: unknown
3x16: unknown

Joni

There is simply no way Lexa could live without being on the show. It is a stupid suggestion,and would be an insult to the fans. She needed to die to have a new leader, that was already set up ages ago. So if Alycia needs to leave the show, you can't let her live. Also, would it be better to have Clarke either stay moping because Lexa is gone or just move on so the story isn't stuck? You would be more realistic blaming Alycia for taking another role despite not dying in the 100.

sammex

I can sympathise with the way she went being really cliché, especially as it so closely echoed that scene from Buffy, but there were hints that Lexa wasn't going to survive at least a few times, what with the all the mentions of the black goo bloodline, training a successor, and talking about the conclave. That wasn't just background filler even before we learnt about the polaris backstory. I'm sure this doesn't make it suck any less but it wasn't a hollow plot device done for shock value, at least we can see it has important connotations to the story.

I'm still enjoying the show but this season has definitely been a step down in quality because the whole thing has been so rushed. I don't know if it's the writers fear of not getting renewed or something, but they are cramming so much in and blasting through the plot. It's exciting to have things always advancing but it's lessened the impact of some key decisions that would have benefited from more of a build up in my eyes.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Lexa deserved to die after the shit she pulled last season. Her death was stupid and unsatisfying, but maybe she deserved it after making stupid decisions. Would've been better if Clarke shanked her herself as revenge. I am way more invested in Clarke's evolution into a bloodthirsty protector of her people rather than ham-fisted, nonsensical "shipping."

Also I wholeheartedly agree about the show abusing this trope of people going crazy after their SO bites the dust. Really hope they stop this shit already because it really seems forced.

Top Bottom