• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Joni

I CAN STOP AT ANY TIME.

tumblr_inline_nn6ee9xSOA1rerlyv_500.gif

All people that love Clarke think that.

I still don't get it why Monty turned over to help Pike and his people that easily. He didn't lose anyone, all he does is making me hate him. Coward.

His mom.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Good episode imo. Kane played that well, the only way to convince Bellamy to change his mind, was to show that Pike was willing to kill his own people. I'm still pissed about Lexa dying, but at least this episode was good.

Somnia

I still don't get it why Monty turned over to help Pike and his people that easily. He didn't lose anyone, all he does is making me hate him. Coward.

tumblr_inline_nn6ee9xSOA1rerlyv_500.gif

All people that love Clarke think that.

His mom.

Yep his mom, he is completely influenced by her at first, but I think he's starting to think for himself.

Also his Mom with that line "It's not really that hard, choosing what's best for your people, is it." is very fitting with the show so far. Makes the part where Clarke told Lexa that maybe one day they wouldn't have anything to answer for their people hit home even harder :/

Also low blow to Clarke, Joni lol

Somnia

Should I be watching this show?

I have been hearing decent things.

Yes you should if you enjoy post apocalyptic, sci-fi stories and are not afraid of characters dieing.

I'll be up front the first 4 episodes are not great, but please make it beyond them, the show really didn't find its footing till episode 5 imo.

I have been hearing decent things.

The first seven episodes of season one or so are straight ass. I'm not going to even try to defend it. But it gets so, so, so much better and boy is it a ride. Season two is just...it's awesome. In every way.

Season three is pretty good too, but I'm bitter and salty as of late so I'm also angry about how things are turning out.

Joni

Yep his mom, he is completely influenced by her at first, but I think he's starting to think for himself.

Well his Mom's an idiot, and who listens to his mom over his own opinion.

It makes sense, they have been separated for ages and he finally gets her back, with the news that Pike helped her and that the Grounders killed his dad. At the same time, it is clear that he is turning away from Pike from the very beginning. He needs his mom, but he doesn't believe in what she does. He has been giving shifty looks from the very start, and he is probably the one what it means to kill so many people. He has done it, he has trouble living with himself, he doesn't want to repeat that.

Yes. It is is absolutely worth it. It starts off slow, but it goes dark.

Sneak peak of Dragonz meeting Joni for the first time:

c8Lguby.gif

Honestly I'd probably be like

OyVZ81C.gif

and really passive aggressive and snarky

Awesome article about Lexa's death and "Dead Lesbian Syndrome".

I think I'd look like this

tumblr_inline_n609rxi3zf1sebbv6.gif

Somnia

Where the show and showrunner Jason Rothberg have utterly failed is nailing the landing and finding a purpose to Lexa’s death. Her entire council of clan leaders had begun to oppose her. ALIE the artificial intelligence is making her way to POLIS to retrieve her second form (which turned out to be inside Lexa and every commander for almost 100 years – holy shit!). The material to make Lexa’s death matter was there. Instead we have Murphy awkwardly standing in the background, Titus betraying his commander then honoring his commander (as if his betrayal wasn’t entirely out of character already), and a revelation that shakes up the mythology of the entire show – because yes, I thought this episode was one of the best of the series up until this happened. It’s the first time the show has irrevocably and completely fucked something up.

THIS at least for me is what I've been saying.

I'm really hoping this helps turn things around. I've never once stated an LGBTQ character needs plot armor or to never die, but there are ways to do it and the Trope needs to end. Really good article and written by two different people so I liked seeing both takes on it.

Somnia

Boycot is working. Show immediately gets renewed.

Not a surprise. I know the CW has been trying to do damage control though with the recent outcry from fans, so it makes me wonder how it'll affect the plot Jason had planned for season four.

If anything they'll cancel it after this upcoming season.

YAS @ being renewed.

If ratings stay at the 1.35-1.4 million and .5 ratings it'll probably come back for a fifth and final season if Jason want's it to go that far. Like I mentioned earlier the International #'s are really great on this show which the CW makes a lot of money off of.

The thing is it's not a show that will make it to syndication so it's risk of being canceled goes up. As long as Jason and Co. are told ahead of time so they can actually end it properly is all I care about.

Somnia

WTF! Are people trying to get this show canceled?

There are some people within the Fandom who want it canceled.

Not realizing by getting the show canceled you are affecting more than Jason, including many people who have agreed with them that the Trope needs to end and it was out of their hands.

Instead they should focus their energy on getting the message out there so more people know about it and try to stop it in the future, but it is what it is.

Not a surprise. I know the CW has been trying to do damage control though with the recent outcry from fans, so it makes me wonder how it'll affect the plot Jason had planned for season four.
I hope it doesn't affect the plot at all. I really liked Lexa and it sucks that she's gone but The 100 is still one of my favorite shows currently on TV.

I don't expect The CW to cancel the show without a proper ending/conclusion.

Somnia

The Tomorrow People didn't even get chance.

Well some shows they put up do horrible and obviously get cancelled. One thing to keep in mind the CW is very reliant on their International audience also, Tomorrow People did HORRIBLE overseas if I remember right (I could also not be remembering right... but hey I'm getting old leave me alone!)

Well, such opposition must be crushed, brutally. As Lexa would have acted.

I'm torn about it. On one hand, I'm really angry. Like, beyond pissed at this point. And everything that Jason has been doing and the way that he's treating this is only infuriating me further. So, just out of spite, I want it cancelled. I also think it would send a message.

On the flip side, I love this show. Lexa was handled very poorly but the rest of it is fascinating and I love the universe. I love most of the characters, and I want to see where they go from here. I also think that they could use the outcry to send a new message, one of positivity and also one where they show that they've learned from their mistakes. Lexa's death has spurned on so much discussion and awareness that I can't help but support it if it means getting the message out there.

Well some shows they put up do horrible and obviously get cancelled. One thing to keep in mind the CW is very reliant on their International audience also, Tomorrow People did HORRIBLE overseas if I remember right (I could also not be remembering right... but hey I'm getting old leave me alone!)

i guess. and it was the US version of the british version (idk how much of a change they made)

i should just watch the original

Joni

Started better than The 100, managed to keep 0.5 leading a night which was better than their current crop of Monday shows.

Somnia

I'm torn about it. On one hand, I'm really angry. Like, beyond pissed at this point. And everything that Jason has been doing and the way that he's treating this is only infuriating me further. So, just out of spite, I want it cancelled. I also think it would send a message.

On the flip side, I love this show. Lexa was handled very poorly but the rest of it is fascinating and I love the universe. I love most of the characters, and I want to see where they go from here. I also think that they could use the outcry to send a new message, one of positivity and also one where they show that they've learned from their mistakes. Lexa's death has spurned on so much discussion and awareness that I can't help but support it if it means getting the message out there.

I'm so interested in how their WonderCon panel will go on the 27th since Jason is there also. They obviously have to know what they are walking into and it will be brought up.

By then I'm sure things will have calmed down regarding the cancel it message I'd assume, but the discussion will still be alive regarding what happened and how it was handled.

I obviously fall into the second part with what you said, but can also understand the first part and how the community and people can feel that way.

edit: I think Jason has a great mind, but his reactions to everything did not help at all. Javi on the other hand has been amazing.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Not even in the DARKEST depths of my depression concerning the ending of Mass Effect 3 did I want the series canceled. The 100 is more than any one supporting character. There is no middle ground in this war, any calls or feelings towards cancellation is treason and I will NOT allow for treason in this thread. You either stand beside the show or you will be crushed. Don't back out on me now, not after we've come so far from S1.

the-100-preview-pike-spoilers.jpg

Somnia

Even in the DARKEST depths of my depression concerning the ending of Mass Effect 3 did I want the series canceled. The 100 is more than any one supporting character. There is no middle ground in this war, any calls or feelings towards cancellation is treason and I will NOT allow for treason in this thread. You either stand beside the show or you will be crushed. Don't back out on me now, not after we've come so far from S1.

1xtDNbJ.gif

I don't want the show cancelled obviously but I thought this was fitting.

Even in the DARKEST depths of my depression concerning the ending of Mass Effect 3 did I want the series canceled. The 100 is more than any one supporting character. There is no middle ground in this war, any calls or feelings towards cancellation is treason and I will NOT allow for treason in this thread. You either stand beside the show or you will be crushed. Don't back out on me now, not after we've come so far from S1.

Excuse you, I am Heda of this thread and you will not talk to me as such.

7P1BlH2.gif

I'm just joking lol

But in all seriousness, I don't know. I want to support the actors but I can't find it in myself to want to support Jason.

Somnia

But in all seriousness, I don't know. I want to support the actors but I can't find it in myself to want to support Jason.

Do your best to support the cast, the crew, people like David Peterson, Shawna, Javi, Julie, Layne, etc.

Those people all rely on this as a career, yes there are other shows or movies out there they could probably go to, but nothing is guaranteed.

Another excellent episode. Really happy it got renewed for a fourth season. If there's one thing the outcry from the last episode did was give this series a major boost in recognition. So at least some good came out of that.

Happy this show has been renewed. Tired of hearing about people upset about Lexa's death. It's not like it was some great romance. They shared an awkward kiss last season and one romp in the sheets. Time to move on people.

Somnia

Happy this show has been renewed. Tired of hearing about people upset about Lexa's death. It's not like it was some great romance. They shared an awkward kiss last season and one romp in the sheets. Time to move on people.

I hope you know it was about more than just a romance.

In the end, someone has to put their hands somewhere and it is really aggressive holding them in front of her. Putting them like that is a good way to appear strict without imposing too much.

I actually put my hands behind my back a lot too, not in the same way though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

But no really, people dislike Pike because...he's livening the show up by creating an entertaining conflict with the grounders and within Arcadia itself? Sure, he came out of nowhere and somehow immediately became the new Chancellor, but if not for him, Dullsville Desmond and Crappy ClarkMom would succeed at making everything peaceful and boring.

Top Bottom