• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Damn, seems like at a con or some interview thing Ricky is finally spilling the truth about his issues with Jason.

Yeah, hopefully we get some footage or direct quotes because at the moment it still seems like he's being pretty vague. The only concrete thing I've read is to do with Jason wanting to be controlling over how the cast talk about the show on social media.
Which doesn't really seem like a big deal, so I'm sure there's more to it.

Yeah, hopefully we get some footage or direct quotes because at the moment it still seems like he's being pretty vague. The only concrete thing I've read is to do with Jason wanting to be controlling over how the cast talk about the show on social media.
Which doesn't really seem like a big deal, so I'm sure there's more to it.
I've seen some tweets from people attending the con. If it's to be believed, Ricky called Jason a Muppet as well as a bully.

Apparently the cast were not allowed to post much behind the scenes stuff so Jason could get all the followers or attention.

It wasn't even Ricky, Lindsey Morgan who plays Raven remarked they all have something to say about Jason. Also according to her, Raven was scheduled to die numerous times in season 1 but they kept changing it. Presumably this means the bullet would have killed her, and not disabled her.

Trying to drive Pike out of Arcadia to be tortured to death by the grounders cemented in my mind that Kane is an absolute dickhead. I honestly think he'd do absolutely anything for the grounders at this point. And I certainly won't forget him saying "they made their choice" about the rest of Arcadia that voted for Pike.

And Pike is in the wrong for ordering the death of Kane after he committed treason but yet Kane is in the right for wanting to drive Pike out to the grounders so he can be tortured to death?

Also, Kane's speech about how Pike should accept the world as it is and not how things should be is utter shit. If that was the case then the human race would still be foraging for food and living in caves.

We made it onto BBC

Man this is kinda historic for pop culture

I think the entire thing is absolute bullshit. A show is not a manifestation of your fantasies, and no fan should ever hold a show hostage because it doesn't align with how you think things should happen.

Write your own fanfiction if you want a fantasy world where you get nothing but happy endings.

I've seen some tweets from people attending the con. If it's to be believed, Ricky called Jason a Muppet as well as a bully.

Apparently the cast were not allowed to post much behind the scenes stuff so Jason could get all the followers or attention.

It wasn't even Ricky, Lindsey Morgan who plays Raven remarked they all have something to say about Jason. Also according to her, Raven was scheduled to die numerous times in season 1 but they kept changing it. Presumably this means the bullet would have killed her, and not disabled her.

Yeah I've read that. I find it hard to believe that a professional showrunner would care about followers/attention, but hey maybe he is that pathetic. I find it easier to believe that after shit leaked at the start of the season, Jason wanted to control any social media stuff and have it come from himself/the network.

Again, it's all assumptions because no one is actually being clear about what happened. I dunno, I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt recently if it comes from this fandom because of how often I've read that the 'cast are throwing shade at Jason on twitter' when there was nothing to suggest that.

Yeah I've read that. I find it hard to believe that a professional showrunner would care about followers/attention, but hey maybe he is that pathetic. I find it easier to believe that after shit leaked at the start of the season, Jason wanted to control any social media stuff and have it come from himself/the network.

Again, it's all assumptions because no one is actually being clear about what happened. I dunno, I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt recently if it comes from this fandom because of how often I've read that the 'cast are throwing shade at Jason on twitter' when there was nothing to suggest that.
True, it could be nothing, but it definitely seems Ricky does not like Jason at all. Especially when his own mother tweeted about the disputes, there definitely seems to be something there that isn't just fan speculation.

I think the entire thing is absolute bullshit. A show is not a manifestation of your fantasies, and no fan should ever hold a show hostage because it doesn't align with how you think things should happen.

Write your own fanfiction if you want a fantasy world where you get nothing but happy endings.

As if this isn't some of the most privileged shit I've read.

You think raising $30,000+ for an LGBT focused charity is bullshit? You clearly don't understand what the actual issue is. This isn't about shipping or whining because your favourite character died. I'm sorry you can't grasp that.

True, it could be nothing, but it definitely seems Ricky does not like Jason at all. Especially when his own mother tweeted about the disputes, there definitely seems to be something there that isn't just fan speculation.

Yeah I agree, which is why I wish he'd be clear about what went down. I don't see the point in being vague about it anymore.

Ricky seems like a good guy, he seems to get on well with the cast and fans so I'm sure something went down. But at this point it's one person's word against another, and one person is being incredibly vague whilst the other is completely ignoring it.

Valinor

Banned
Another ep of Bellamy being a fucking idiot, and Monty being a chump.

Fuck man.

i just really hope that clarke doesn't end up with bellamy or any guy for that matter.

i know she is kind of characterized as bi. but it would be good if they kept her just lesbian. barely any lesbian lead characters representation in TV. i really liked clexa but i knew that was going to end. it was just kind of too good to be true. the entire show is just like a descent into sadness (que.. Raign - knockin on heavens door) the actress getting a tv show/the ai being part of an integral plotline just cemented it. [what if clarke gets the ai now ...brain fart]

You think raising $30,000+ for an LGBT focused charity is bullshit? You clearly don't understand what the actual issue is. This isn't about shipping or whining because your favourite character died. I'm sorry you can't grasp that.
No, I think fans boycotting shows because their favourite character is dead is bullshit.

And I absolutely think the bulk of it is because certain groups of fans project themselves onto the characters and throw a tantrum when those characters come to an unfortunate end. It results in gems like "why can't we get happy endings".

Because (as I said) it isn't a manifestation of their hopes and dreams.

I feel like I've been mainly posting about the negative side of the fandom on here (because hey who doesn't like to bitch about shit), but there is some really amazing, positive stuff that came out of this. The money raising, the fandom, cast and crew being incredibly supportive to people affected by it, etc.

PepperedHam

Trying to drive Pike out of Arcadia to be tortured to death by the grounders cemented in my mind that Kane is an absolute dickhead. I honestly think he'd do absolutely anything for the grounders at this point. And I certainly won't forget him saying "they made their choice" about the rest of Arcadia that voted for Pike.

And Pike is in the wrong for ordering the death of Kane after he committed treason but yet Kane is in the right for wanting to drive Pike out to the grounders so he can be tortured to death?

Also, Kane's speech about how Pike should accept the world as it is and not how things should be is utter shit. If that was the case then the human race would still be foraging for food and living in caves.
I don't think he would do anything for the grounders, it's just that they were working towards something. Kane was working to build something with them because what's the point in getting more people killed? Pike refused to see that there really could be something and massacred like 300 people for no good reason at all. Kane isn't a dickhead, Pike is a lunatic.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Of course money raised isn't bullshit, but calling for a boycott of a show because an actress playing a gay character took a gig on another show is grossly unfair to just about everyone else involved.

Of course money raised isn't bullshit, but calling for a boycott of a show because an actress playing a gay character took a gig on another show is grossly unfair to just about everyone else involved.

Whilst I agree that wanting the show to be cancelled is ridiculous (although boycotting it yourself is fair enough), that's simplifying the situation a bit too much.
It's not just that the character died, it's how she died combined with the communication from the cast and crew about Clarke and Lexa before her death.
They majorly fucked up with how they promoted their relationship.

I don't think he would do anything for the grounders, it's just that they were working towards something. Kane was working to build something with them because what's the point in getting more people killed? Pike refused to see that there really could be something and massacred like 300 people for no good reason at all. Kane isn't a dickhead, Pike is a lunatic.

I'm not defending Pike's massacre of 300 people (which was crazy). I'm saying I can't abide by the hypocrisy coming from Kane.

I honestly think the massacre of the 300 grounders was done to make Pike look irredeemable, because otherwise he'd be making some damn good points.

Also, maybe it is because I've been rewatching season 1 again but Kane being a peace loving diplomat is a massive u-turn for the character. Because of his initial depiction I can't take the character seriously. I mean in the first 5 episodes he tries to float Clarke's mother... twice! All the while he was hiding behind the "I'm just following the law".

But yet he's got a problem with Pike's strict adherence to law (even though Pike said he was willing to change the way he approached the law when he threw that BSG fella into prison).

No, I think fans boycotting shows because their favourite character is dead is bullshit.

And I absolutely think the bulk of it is because certain groups of fans project themselves onto the characters and throw a tantrum when those characters come to an unfortunate end. It results in gems like "why can't we get happy endings".

Why do you care why people stop watching a show? If my favourite character, like the main reason I watch a show in the first place, is killed off, then I'm probably gonna be less interested in that show. Does this really bother you?

'Certain groups'. You mean young lesbian and bisexual girls? A group I'm sure you're not a part of, so I can't even begin to try to make you understand what all of this means. This isn't just about Lexa or The 100 anymore. It's about a fundamental problem with how LGBT characters are treated in the media, because whether you like it or not, the media does influence and it does have a responsibility.

The thing that trended on Twitter the most is 'LGBT fans deserve better'. Got nothing to do with cancelling the show and I'm not defending those people either. The entire movement isn't just about cancelling the show. $30,000 doesn't get raised for charity simply because people want a show off the air.

Why do you care why people stop watching a show? If my favourite character, like the main reason I watch a show in the first place, is killed off, then I'm probably gonna be less interested in that show. Does this really bother you?

'Certain groups'. You mean young lesbian and bisexual girls? A group I'm sure you're not a part of, so I can't even begin to try to make you understand what all of this means. This isn't just about Lexa or The 100 anymore. It's about a fundamental problem with how LGBT characters are treated in the media, because whether you like it or not, the media does influence and it does have a responsibility.

The thing that trended on Twitter the most is 'LGBT fans deserve better'. Got nothing to do with cancelling the show and I'm not defending those people either. The entire movement isn't just about cancelling the show. $30,000 doesn't get raised for charity simply because people want a show off the air.

If I meant LGBT girls then I would say that directly. I'm talking about fans who would shape a show into what they want, which - as a writer myself - is something that I do not like.

Just out of curiosity what did people want to happen to Lexa? Do a Poochie and have her return to her home planet (only without the dying) so they can one day fantasise about her returning?

But that begs the question: What would happen with the AI chip in her neck plotline if she wasn't dead?

It seems to me they knew about the actress' FTWD job a while back and decided to write this entire AI plot with that in mind. So really they'd have to reverse time and rewrite the entire season to have any hope of getting around it all.

Dunlop

IIt seems to me they knew about the actress' FTWD job a while back and decided to write this entire AI plot with that in mind. So really they'd have to reverse time and rewrite the entire season to have any hope of getting around it all.

Pretty much this, the actress left the show not the other way around.

A show in a brutal post apocalyptic world where we have seen
A child murdering a innocent man, children being murdered
Many many massacres
Genocide
Torture
Addiction

What about anything in this show would lead anyone to believe that Lexa would survive?

I understand why people would be upset about their favorite character biting it what I don't get the hate the writers are receiving as they are the ones who introduced these powerful characters in the first place.

I want to see who they will attempt to redeem Ballamy..He has really become a pos. Executing those grounders in front of everyone will be hard to ignore when the inevitable treaty comes

Sober

If I meant LGBT girls then I would say that directly. I'm talking about fans who would shape a show into what they want, which - as a writer myself - is something that I do not like.

Just out of curiosity what did people want to happen to Lexa? Do a Poochie and have her return to her home planet (only without the dying) so they can one day fantasise about her returning?

But that begs the question: What would happen with the AI chip in her neck plotline if she wasn't dead?

It seems to me they knew about the actress' FTWD job a while back and decided to write this entire AI plot with that in mind. So really they'd have to reverse time and rewrite the entire season to have any hope of getting around it all.
Firstly if you have an extreme dislike for fans shaping a show, it is also a problem with the writers who take that feedback and incorporate it. Not the fans. And we are talking about a television show. Firstly it's commercial art and secondly it is probably the most imperfect form of media there is in terms of creation, production, etc. So of course something might slip through. There are numerous examples. Sometimes for the worse, occasionally for the better. And again, it's not really a problem with how the fans want to see the show, it's the writers taking said ball and running with it and making fools of themselves.

And the problem isn't Lexa is killed. The specificity of the mechanics and contexts everything else involved aren't that much up for debate and honestly I think everything was for the most part well crafted. I think even the majority of those who hated Lexa's fate will agree it was well done, it made sense in the context of the season, and everything I've already posted about. But it also reeks of striking imagery of a similar scene in Buffy. I didn't have that historical context in my memory but when you compare them even on a superficial level and you take into account that it doesn't contain much of a positive connotation, it's not hard to make the connection that they fucked up because it evokes said imagery.

And the fact that while the specific sequence of Lexa being killed off works in the show, it only adds to the problem of lgtbq+ characters dying tragic fates or being killed shortly after obtaining happiness, amongst other problems the show has.

Faenix1

Came in to see if anyone else is annoyed by how the Arkadia stuff is turning out (Without Kane that place can be burned to the ground for all I care) and I see we're still on about the Lex.. I mean Lesbian drama. At this point I don't know what annoys me more; That Lexa is gone (the grounder plot is more interesting then Arkadia starting a stupid war), or the community of people trying to boycott the show.

Of course they knew. I'm sure they knew nearly the instant she got the FTWD role. I imagine if the sets were closer together she'd of had a recurring role,

I want to see who they will attempt to redeem Ballamy..He has really become a pos. Executing those grounders in front of everyone will be hard to ignore when the inevitable treaty comes

I don't see how he can be redeemed. I mean, he saved one person from the 300-something, but he still helped slaughter a small army sent to protect Arkadia. I can't see any Grounder not expecting his death.

Yeah, I still need to avoid reading comments on the show runner's twitter, much venom being spit there, never mind all the trending terms. I take issue with a lot of them claiming they're responsible for The 100's "success" and renewal though.

Honestly man I was going to type up an angry post because you're making me see red right now but honestly all I have to say is...read a news article. Listen. Go back and read the posts on the subject in this thread. Please think with an open mind and have some fucking sympathy for the people who are genuinely upset. It's about the representation she gave us, and not because she's dead as a favorite character.

That's all I'm asking. All I'm asking is for you to show some god damn human decency and stop thinking you know all the answers.

Yes hello this matters

F1N7XPg.png

kirblar

I think the writers leaning into the Lexa/Clarke romance stuff (in response to fan reaction) was a huge mistake given the need for her death to this early in the season.

Somnia

Some Twitter drama. Apparently Lindsay Morgan lived out of a suitcase for six months cause she was supposed to die season one. They added in her sex scene with Bellamy for shock value, intending to kill her immediately afterwards.

Also, some images have surfaced from 3x09. I'll post direct links below just in case no one wants to be spoiled.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdTn1uTWEAAwJCD.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdTnA5bWEAAm7qq.jpg

That Ricky shit is pretty fucking insane.

Sounds like it's true they were making the story up as they went in season 1.

If it's true that Jason Rothenberg literally forbade the cast from posting behind the scene stuff or doing Periscopes because he wanted to get all the social media attention then that's kind of messed up.

I love how some of you think we don't get it. We get it, trust me. We're just being practical and understanding what goes into writing a show. It's awesome that the show had a character that was impactful to a community. It's fantastic. Yeah it sucks that she had to be killed off. What would have them do?

Reminds me of Bernie Supporters. So focused on the end goal but not willing to take the baby steps to get there by voting for Hillary if given the chance. The dream is still alive it just may take a bit longer. Same with this show or representation in Hollywood. This is a step in the right direction. It's more inclusive than ever before. You just want more. This show should be applauded for it having a Lesbian character that was powerful and enigmatic that connected to people across the world. This is a good thing.

I love how some of you think we don't get it. We get it, trust me. We're just being practical and understanding what goes into writing a show. It's awesome that the show had a character that was impactful to a community. It's fantastic. Yeah it sucks that she had to be killed off. What would have them do?

Reminds me of Bernie Supporters. So focused on the end goal but not willing to take the baby steps to get there by voting for Hillary if given the chance. The dream is still alive it just may take a bit longer. Same with this show or representation in Hollywood. This is a step in the right direction. It's more inclusive than ever before. You just want more. This show should be applauded for it having a Lesbian character that was powerful and enigmatic that connected to people across the world. This is a good thing.

This is literally all I'm asking for. Support. Understanding. Compassion.

There's more to this trend than just Lexa, the show, Jason, whoever. That's the issue at hand. It's more than just "what goes into writing a show".

Dunlop

This is literally all I'm asking for. Support. Understanding. Compassion.

Who is not supporting?

The issue is from your posts is the insulation that the writers are purposely killing off gay or bi characters..instead of the fact that they have killed every race, sex, age to highlight the brutality of this new world.

In this case the actress left the show of her own accord to work on FOTWD and in keeping with the theme of this show they worked this season around this.

What realistic scenario could have played out where Lexa leaves the show and her character survives without including the grounder alliance?

Who is not supporting?

The issue is from your posts is the insulation that the writers are purposely killing off gay or bi characters..instead of the fact that they have killed every race, sex, age to highlight the brutality of this new world.

In this case the actress left the show of her own accord to work on FOTWD and in keeping with the theme of this show they worked this season around this.

What realistic scenario could have played out where Lexa leaves the show and her character survives without including the grounder alliance?

1. Y'all come in here and say "it's just a story!!!1111!!! what a twist!!!111!! wow she deserved it why are you guys getting upset over it?" As a bisexual woman, she meant more to me than she ever will to you. Because of the movement she represented and who she was as a character. You may not understand my life, but surely you can understand that she was important to the LGBTQ community as a whole? And yet, people continue to shut us down for getting "too attached?"

2. Um...there IS a history of killing off gays and bisexuals on TV, because it's "tragic". A different kind of love than the norm in regards to what Hollywood deems "normal" is doomed because first it draws in viewers, and then shoots it all to shit with a death of one half of the couple. Maybe writers aren't consciously doing it, but you can't deny there's a trend. 90 lesbians and bisexuals in TV alone? I mean, come on.

3. There's no confirmation she left on her own. Actually recent Periscopes suggest she could've fit it into her schedule and that she wanted to come back. But there's no link to the post, so take it as you will.

4. It's not about her dying, not really. And when I say this, I'm talking about Lexa individually, not the Dead Lesbian Trope. If she had to die, fine. So be it. But don't fucking do it after a passionate and beautiful sex scene with the woman she loves. Don't fucking allow her as a character and the fans watching to be happy only to have her dead on a pile of furs not five minutes later. That's just fucking shitty.

Somnia

1. Y'all come in here and say "it's just a story!!!1111!!! what a twist!!!111!! wow she deserved it why are you guys getting upset over it?" As a bisexual woman, she meant more to me than she ever will to you. Because of the movement she represented and who she was as a character. You may not understand my life, but surely you can understand that she was important to the LGBTQ community as a whole? And yet, people continue to shut us down for getting "too attached?"

2. Um...there IS a history of killing off gays and bisexuals on TV, because it's "tragic". A different kind of love than the norm in regards to what Hollywood deems "normal" is doomed because first it draws in viewers, and then shoots it all to shit with a death of one half of the couple. Maybe writers aren't consciously doing it, but you can't deny there's a trend. 90 lesbians and bisexuals in TV alone? I mean, come on.

3. There's no confirmation she left on her own. Actually recent Periscopes suggest she could've fit it into her schedule and that she wanted to come back. But there's no link to the post, so take it as you will.

4. It's not about her dying, not really. And when I say this, I'm talking about Lexa individually, not the Dead Lesbian Trope. If she had to die, fine. So be it. But don't fucking do it after a passionate and beautiful sex scene with the woman she loves. Don't fucking allow her as a character and the fans watching to be happy only to have her dead on a pile of furs not five minutes later. That's just fucking shitty.

This bolded part is a HUGE part of it and the trope in general.

There was another way to handle this then having her randomly walk into a bullet and dieing after her and Clarke finally being together. I do agree that it would have felt rushed to have them be together before episode 7, but don't have her death happen literally 30 fucking seconds later by a random gun shot.

Who is not supporting?

I'm pretty sure it's a combination of how they kill they killed her (random bullet), when they killed her (right after sex), and that they lead the story in a direction on the show (and from it seems online too) that made it seem that it be more than a 3 min relationship. Adding in the facts she was a beloved character and the fact that shows have a tendency to kill LGBTQ characters off post-relationships and you get the reaction you see. I guess if they wanted to they could have led the season down a different path that would lead to different decisions that needed to be made (like Pike starting a war with all of the grounder nation, even starting it with the just Ice Nation could possibly lead to a completely different season). While I do agree that the 100 might not be the absolute worst offender due to the fact it is a show that does kill pretty indiscriminately, I think due to the passion people took this as a rallying point to vent frustration on the subject as a whole. I didn't know that this dead lesbian trope was a thing beforehand so the awareness campaign did help.

But do I feel that strongly about Lexa? No, I've never got that invested in a TV show before and I'm a straight black dude, so the LGBTQ angle of the show is not nor ever will be as important to someone within the community (honestly Wells death bothered me more since it was so early). That doesn't mean thousands of others don't really care about Lexa in the LGBTQ community and just because we're not as impacted/in tune about it doesn't mean that there aren't valid reasons for them to be upset.

All 90 Dead Lesbian and Bisexual Characters on TV and How They Died

Tell me again how it's "just to make good TV" and "not an issue".

Lucretiua and Gaia from Spartacus ? Everyone in that show
except for the gay couple
died and none of them a had peaceful death after a long life. Should there have been no lesbians on the show then ?

There are quite a few deaths on this list that are indeed bullshit like Angela and Louise on Boardwalk Empire but a lot more are just the fate of guest stars on TV shows that end with the death of the character to close that storyline. In a show like The Walking Dead, True Blood or Battlestar Galactica people die by the bucketload except for a few leads, few of which are lesbian or bi. One of the few shows to have such a lead is The 100 and now this backlash may make any future showrunners think twice before introducing a new one as a lead or major guest star.

One interesting case of a lesbian being killed not even in this list was Cecilia Suarez as La Bambi on the Mexican prison drama Cappadocia. She was killed off for storyline purposes but Suarez came back back later as a completely different character without ever acknowledging she looked exactly like that other character. There may have been a fan backlash there as well or the showrunners realizing they had just killed of the best part of their show as Suarez was phenomenally good.

Joni

They had to, Pedowitz asked them to go darker so he could renew the show. We have this show because they did rewrite.
I also can't blame him for a social media blackout. Shows like this shouldnt leak stuff and he isn't stopping writers from explaining stuff

More ranting about Kane:

Kane is all about following the law. He did it on the arc and now he’s doing it on the ground too. Only the law he follows is the one the grounder’s have laid out for him.

“Blood must have blood”.

At least Clarke has the sense to try and change things for the better. All Kane is capable of doing is trying his best to fit himself into the established hierarchy. A hierarchy that has proven itself willing to assassinate rival leaders if they don’t agree with what they think (Lexa with the Ice Nation queen), so I guess Kane with his willingness to throw Pike to the wolves (gee, I wonder who’d be “chancellor” then) is in good company.

This whole storyline will end with Pike dead and everything “doing the right thing” and falling in line with Kane, but I’d be damned if I said I believed Kane wasn’t a complete a-hole.

If left to his own devices Kane would let Arcadia be subsumed into grounder society.

Firstly if you have an extreme dislike for fans shaping a show, it is also a problem with the writers who take that feedback and incorporate it. Not the fans.

The problem is that fans hold a show hostage. By that I mean try to boycott or be spiteful to the people involved in creating it until the point comes where the writing teams alter it for them.

I suspect they do it because they don't have a healthy detachment from the show and expect it to cater to them specifically (their desire for happy endings in a show that has no happy endings for anyone).

But I digress; the manipulation of a show has happened time and time again. The most recent example of this would be Arrow, which turned into a shit show from season 3 onwards because the writers tried to appease the shippers.

"LGBT is a trope and must be stopped!"

People would have a point about the trope if LGBT characters dying is the exception in this show. But it isn't. Perhaps there was a better way to kill her off which would seem more seamless with the development of the plot, but as it stands her death is par for the course in a show that has no happy endings.

I mean in season 1 they were willing to show a child kill herself for crying out loud. And in season 2 Clarke pulled the trigger and killed a whole bunch of innocent men, women, and children (who all died horrifically via radiation). That isn't even mentioning the many others who were mutilated by people (grounders cutting people up into pieces - in the latest episode no less) and animals (remember the gorilla tearing the woman's arm off?), nor the ones killed by acid fog or blown up by a great big missile.

So multiple characters have died horrifically but LGBT characters have to be immune because people want the writers to make a statement?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah I can't take Kane serious especially all the mass murders he did on the Arc. For little crimes he immediately floated them. Now he wants to play peace keeper.
Kane was a dick in space, but those were hard calls demanded by the situation. Now, they exist in a completely different situation with a completely different culture. There's zero reason for him to operate the same way.

Despite his issues with the showrunner Ricky Whittle still supports the cast and crew on the show. Here is his tweet congratulating them on the renewal: https://twitter.com/MrRickyWhittle/status/708459648869908480

Kane was a dick in space, but those were hard calls demanded by the situation. Now, they exist in a completely different situation with a completely different culture. There's zero reason for him to operate the same way.

As I mentioned above Kane is a one-note character. He falls in line with the established way of doing things and can't think beyond that.

His "you've got to accept things as they are and not the way you think they should be" confirms that (for me anyway). That kind of thinking is what kept Europe in the dark age for centuries.

He might be a good ambassador but in no way should he be leader of anything. Also, they really need to reform the council to avoid this Pike mess. Whatever happened to that?

Valinor

Banned
More ranting about Kane:

If left to his own devices Kane would let Arcadia be subsumed into grounder society.

wait . why is this a bad thing . its not like the arkadians had some society that was better than the grounders. they sent their kids to die. there was clear inequality between classes and people of privelege. whats wrong with integration with the grounders?

Joni

That kind of thinking is what kept Europe in the dark age for centuries.
Scholars have long ago already disclaimed that concept of the Dark Ages. It were the Dark Ages because the people behind them wanted to claim superiority. It is mainly the 'Enlightened' generation that used that, to show that they were much better than the savages before them while killing off massive amounts of people themselves. Let's say that Trump wins the election and installs a dictatorship. If he calls the time before him the Dark Ages, it is just as believable.

Top Bottom