• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

MK_768

Totally agree. It just reeks of bad, careless writing. How did they go from season 1 and 2 to this? I asked the same question to Arrow too...

Yeah it's become furiously poor. The 100 is usually pretty fast-paced but they have gone too fast in recent weeks. The lack of arcs colliding when they should've is frustrating. Season 2 was so good. This is not the season we deserved lmfao.

Joni

So how many episodes until another person gets killed? I am guessing Pike next? Unless he some how survives.
Someone important? I'm thinking nobody the next couple of episodes.

I do wonder if Raven would be killed off. While not as overt as Ricky Whittle, her actress was hinting a bit herself at her displeasure over the way season 3 was. At the time I thought 'oh man that's gonna get her killed off in the future' but now I think 'oh man, she said that because she's already getting killed off'.
She retracted it. Which probably shows she still has a job. And looking at the story she got, she is one of the ones with the most interesting story lines unless they put her on the side the next episodes.

Yeah it's become furiously poor. The 100 is usually pretty fast-paced but they have gone too fast in recent weeks. The lack of arcs colliding when they should've is frustrating.
The relevant arcs will collide. There was no real reason to have Pike collide with the chip-people. They were peacefully praying.

Kyoufu

Fear The Walking Dead airs 9/8c, Sunday nights on AMC!

rFVItQp.gif

I watched a few episodes.

MK_768

Someone important? I'm thinking nobody the next couple of episodes.

She retracted it. Which probably shows she still has a job. And looking at the story she got, she is one of the ones with the most interesting story lines unless they put her on the side the next episodes.

The relevant arcs will collide. There was no real reason to have Pike collide with the chip-people. They were peacefully praying.

But we didn't even see the characters together. Pike never ran into this whole cult. The only one who even in both arcs was Abby. I mean did Pike even run into Jaha lol? It made no sense for those 2 arcs to happen in the same place at the same time but not overlap at any point in time.

Joni

But we didn't even see the characters together. Pike never ran into this whole cult. The only one who even in both arcs was Abby. I mean did Pike even run into Jaha lol? It made no sense for those 2 arcs to happen in the same place at the same time but not overlap at any point in time.

Of course. He greeted him, let him preach as long as he stayed out of the way.

Hamlet

Great episode but man was it tough to watch some of the stuff that Raven had to go through.

Yeah they had a meeting together after Jaha got back. Pike was like you go do your thing Jaha just don't bother me with your zany religion and then Pike's been a tad too preoccupied with Kane to notice the growing ALIE zombie army heh.

MK_768

Great episode but man was it tough to watch some of the stuff that Raven had to go through.

Yeah they had a meeting together after Jaha got back. Pike was like you go do your thing Jaha just don't bother me with your zany religion and then Pike's been a tad too preoccupied with Kane to notice the growing ALIE zombie army heh.

I meant beyond that initial meeting. I should've specified, my bad.

I still think it was poorly done. It just felt too disconnected to me.

Joni

In the end, his army didn't grow that fast. He messed up on Raven and Jasper, so they didn't really go beyond 10-20 people. Only when they got Raven and Abby did they take over but at that point Pike was gone.

Joni

Lexa died so that Alycia could play a stupid as fuck teenager I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE BITTER IN MY LIFE

Yeah, all the people complaining about The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead aren't wrong. They aren't strong character pieces. They're shows where stupid people kill zombies. If they were smart, they wouldn't be in enough messes where they end up with zombies.

Yeah, all the people complaining about The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead aren't wrong. They aren't strong character pieces. They're shows where stupid people kill zombies. If they were smart, they wouldn't be in enough messes where they end up with zombies.

I can understand them not really knowing what to do at first, but I'm just hoping and praying for some decent character development. I don't give a fuck about TWD or its overall universe.

I'm basically like

YeuHMmp.jpg

Ok this is ridiculous. Whenever I come into this thread the first thing I need to endure are those neverending posts about Lexa. They were easy enough to ignore before but now it's getting insufferable. Can we please move on or make a separate thread to pine over her?

Ok this is ridiculous. Whenever I come into this thread the first thing I need to endure are those neverending posts about Lexa. They were easy enough to ignore before but now it's getting insufferable. Can we please move on or make a separate thread to pine over her?

at least no talk about the goddamn walking dead lmao

I prefer the new leader to Lexa. Plus Murphy is the best character on the show anyway. He started out as a piece of shit but he has remained a consistent piece of shit while everyone around him have far surpassed him as terrible people

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
We still haven't found out who is gonna turn up
pregnant.

Maybe Octavia? I can't think of any straight couples on the show that have had sex recently. I'm not really in the mood for a pregnancy storyline on this show. Would have been good during Season 1 when they were barely surviving. Or it could be Murphy's sidechick who's name I can't remember. She's been gone for awhile.

Joni

We still haven't found out who is gonna turn up
pregnant.

Jaha!
Maximum creep factor! Independent of that, a Raven pregnancy but with an ALIE baby?

Maybe Octavia? I can't think of any straight couples on the show that have had sex recently. I'm not really in the mood for a pregnancy storyline on this show. Would have been good during Season 1 when they were barely surviving. Or it could be Murphy's sidechick who's name I can't remember. She's been gone for awhile.

When they teased that back in September, they said not Octavia or Clarke

Really?
Octavia was my best guess. A sort of 'something to remember Lincoln by' type melodramatic writing incident. If not her, I posted I think a while back that Ontari would get herself knocked up to secure the Commander position, if Commanders can have children and if said children can inherit the position.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jaha!
Maximum creep factor! Independent of that, a Raven pregnancy but with an ALIE baby?

Hmm. I have no idea. Hopefully not Raven.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
All caught up.

All I can say is LOL @ Lexa jumping from one zombie show to another.

But honestly, this is weird. I'm not saying the AI turn is bad, but if feels really weird.

Barzul

I actually like the AI storyline, not sure why so many people hate it. Then again I don't watch the Walking dead so I'm not jaded by zombies on TV.

MK_768

I actually like the AI storyline, not sure why so many people hate it. Then again I don't watch the Walking dead so I'm not jaded by zombies on TV.

huh? What does TWD have to do with not like the AI storyline lol.

I dislike the story line cause it's not flowing right. It feels off.

But honestly, this is weird. I'm not saying the AI turn is bad, but if feels really weird.

It's weird to see how Arkadia technology is very much like it is today and then suddenly super advanced brain implants appear which were made a century ago. The gap between the two is just so huge.

MK_768

It's weird to see how Arkadia technology is very much like it is today and then suddenly super advanced brain implants appear which were made a century ago. The gap between the two is just so huge.

Why? You don't look scientists and the government aren't working on ridiculously advance techs today? It's completely reasonable for there to be such a drastic gap.

Joni

It is an unstable research product. If you want to talk about unbelievable technology: space technology that allows autonomous space ships to survive for a hundred year in space.

Barzul

huh? What does TWD have to do with not like the AI storyline lol.

I dislike the story line cause it's not flowing right. It feels off.

I read some comments about it being zombie like and that there are enough zombies on TV. Forget where I read it....didn't know if that was a popular sentiment or not.

MK_768

I read some comments about it being zombie like and that there are enough zombies on TV. Forget where I read it....didn't know if that was a popular sentiment or not.

Ohhh lol.

Ignore them cause they have no clue what they are talking about lmao.

jelly

Liked Jasper in that episode, end with Clarke was great. ALIE AI stuff, I don't think I dislike it but it's so frustrating to watch, I hate how they are getting away with it, sure it might be rewarding when they get stopped but poor Raven etc. except Jaha, hope he suffers.

Joni

I hope he doesn't get away with it, do some sort of noble sacrifice to stop ALIE or just mess up and think he will live on inside the City of Light.

Grizzlyjin

I think they've left the door open for Jaha not to be blamed. We saw him discover Alie, and then timejumped a few months ahead. They could easily say that everything in Season 3 is him under her influence.

jelly

Jaha was awful before he even got to the City of Light. Remember he put that person overboard in the sea to escape the monster.

With Black Trump now a prisoner of the Grounder National Convention our only hope is in Jaha to make Sky Cru great again. He will build a giant wall around the city of light, he will build the most beautiful and best skyscrapers in the city of light, and Jaha will make sure ALIE pays for it all.

Jaha 2016, he knows how to win. Who is the alternative, Jasper? Please, he is a rapist and drug addict. Doc Abbey? She is probably a grounder by birth and also was complicit in the terrorist attack of Mount Weatherazi.

Jaha Alie 2016, resistance is futile.

Does Person of Interest change much from season 1? I gave it around 12 eps or so but found the case of the week format and the brooding leading men not so interesting.

Beefy

Pike is going to become leader/ adivisor I reckon. Just to fuck uo the storyline a little more. Bellamy will be redeemed very soon.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Does Person of Interest change much from season 1? I gave it around 12 eps or so but found the case of the week format and the brooding leading men not so interesting.

Season 1 was not very good and it did indeed indulge too much into the procedural format. Season 2 is a notable improvement as new characters get introduced and Season 3 onwards is pure fire. There are still a lot of weekly cases, but the show also builds a massive and complex mythology that glues the plot together.

I'm not going to lie, I thought the first season wasn't that hot until it neared its end, but it turned into an incredible (and emotional) show after that.

I'm probably gonna start; I've heard it's really gay and I'm here for it.
More like aggressively bi. Two major protagonists are basically opportunistic predators. And it's damn hot.

Top Bottom