• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

AudioEppa

Can't wait to watch this weeks episode. This my favorite show out of all of them. This season kind of started off just alright. Not bad, just alright.

But the last 3 episodes have been goddamn amazing! So happy for a season 4.

Going to do my best to avoid spoilers lol

I just caught up.

Kane is full of shit as always. He tosses Pike to the wolves in an effort to appease the grounders, but their rule of law is fragile and depends entirely on personal whims. Case in point: That woman decapitating children in order to put herself on the throne.

It is ridiculous to think they can rely on any alliance between them and the grounders given the disregard that they have for their own traditions and political systems.

But hey, that's going to be the B-plot now that Jaha has gone full body snatcher.

LakeEarth

Ok this is ridiculous. Whenever I come into this thread the first thing I need to endure are those neverending posts about Lexa. They were easy enough to ignore before but now it's getting insufferable. Can we please move on or make a separate thread to pine over her?

I couldn't believe when I came to the thread a few days after the episode where fucking
THREE RECURRING CHARACTERS DIED, one of them a MAJOR character
, and the thread was still on about Lexa.

I wish the Pike/Jaha story lines weren't so separate. It seems weird that two major plot points were happening in the same location yet only intermittently and superficially crossed paths.

I realized the other day that I'm kind of a irl Raven. Hear me out.

I'm a mechanic by trade. I don't give a fuck and am sarcastic by nature. I'm obsessed with things that don't actually exist. I swear a lot.

But yes. Go Team Raven. 100% down with her.

Joni

Kane is full of shit as always. He tosses Pike to the wolves in an effort to appease the grounders, but their rule of law is fragile and depends entirely on personal whims. Case in point: That woman decapitating children in order to put herself on the throne.
I wouldn't call that a personal whim or a sign of their fragile laws if it has been happening for ages. She did what she was tasked to do. Kill the others in a trial by combat.

Somnia

I wouldn't call that a personal whim or a sign of their fragile laws if it has been happening for ages. She did what she was tasked to do. Kill the others in a trial by combat.

She even stated or someone did that technically she was right, there's no rules on where or how the combat happens. They just fight to the death.

Does Person of Interest change much from season 1? I gave it around 12 eps or so but found the case of the week format and the brooding leading men not so interesting.

You actually stopped one episode before they planted a lot of the seeds of what the show becomes. It switches back and forth for a bit in the latter half of season 1 and the first half of season 2, and then you hit the stretch run for the end of season 2 and it is all serialized from there. You still get case of the week stuff, but each episode contains small parts of the entire big story arc for the season. By the time you hit the second half of season 2 they have already begun to include a ton of backstory and mythology to hint at what is coming. Everything after season 3 is straight serialized.

If you are gonna watch Person of Interest, I recommend trying to catch up by the end of the month, as season 5 (the final season) is premiering on May 3rd and is showing episodes on Monday and Tuesday nights for the last 13 episodes.

I just caught up.

It is ridiculous to think they can rely on any alliance between them and the grounders given the disregard that they have for their own traditions and political systems.

But hey, that's going to be the B-plot now that Jaha has gone full body snatcher.

It's all a matter of perspective. If Clarke had been there, she would have warned Kane because she knows what Ontari is like. Kane acted on the information that he had, nothing more.

All week the producers were hyping up Lindsey Morgan's performance as Raven/ALIE and they weren't kidding. She was absolutely incredible this week. This is gonna make the wait for next week even harder.

Somnia

All week the producers were hyping up Lindsey Morgan's performance as Raven/ALIE and they weren't kidding. She was absolutely incredible this week. This is gonna make the wait for next week even harder.

Ya Lindsey Morgan killed it this episode. We're getting some pretty great acting this season even if people dislike some of the plot that can't be denied.

Sober

Uhhhh

Can we have Kim Shumway in charge of the show now

Seriously that was arguably the best episode of the show, or at least one of the best representation of the best parts of the show. That and it only took place really in two locations, everyone played off one another really well and it did what the show does super well which is put people in shitty situations with a shit choice and an even shittier choice and forces them to choose.

Uhhhh

Seriously that was arguably the best episode of the show, or at least one of the best representation of the best parts of the show. That and it only took place really in two locations, everyone played off one another really well and it did what the show does super well which is put people in shitty situations with a shit choice and an even shittier choice and forces them to choose.

I know right. Kim is the hero we need.

Also :( @ Monty

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/daniel-webber-eliza-taylor-thumper-1201754222/

Eliza to be in a new film, but of course some fans think it's a TV show for some reason and are freaking out on twitter (and some are cheering cause it means she's leaving the 100). They fail to realize it's a film though that she is doing between seasons lol

Tumblr brigade in action/denial that the they want to destroy is doing anything but being destroyed.

Uhhhh

I second this motion. If/when Jason leaves the show, Kim needs to take his job and make all of the final decisions. She is just awesome. Barring her taking over for Jason (which won't happen anytime soon) she needs to be writing everything.

Somnia

One thing that sucks right now is the spite from the movement hitting everyone. I understand the anger and I've made my thoughts clear on everything, but the fact everyone is down voting every episode of The 100 on IMDB just out of anger makes me upset.

Lindsey KILLED it this episode and it was a fantastic performance and great episode, yet it's still being down voted when it doesn't deserve it.

I know it's like collateral damage, but still sucks to see.

Sober

I second this motion. If/when Jason leaves the show, Kim needs to take his job and make all of the final decisions. She is just awesome. Barring her taking over for Jason (which won't happen anytime soon) she needs to be writing everything.
Wasn't Kim one of the few that spoke with fans following the blowout from 'Thirteen'? I know JGM is (was?) kinda co-running this season along with Jason this year but he's leaving for Xena. Maybe maybe, fingers crossed, they might promote her to run the show along with him for next year. I doubt Jason will leave, especially if he thinks the show is a 5 season thing, he'll ride it out to the end as it is kind of his baby at the end of the day. I would just prefer he had someone else guide him along at least.

kirblar

Uhhhh

Seriously. This was the best episode of the season BY A MILE. Finally we got Sophies Choice: The Series back w/ the Monty fight. That was all the right kinds of fucked up.

Season 1 was not very good and it did indeed indulge too much into the procedural format. Season 2 is a notable improvement as new characters get introduced and Season 3 onwards is pure fire. There are still a lot of weekly cases, but the show also builds a massive and complex mythology that glues the plot together.

I'm not going to lie, I thought the first season wasn't that hot until it neared its end, but it turned into an incredible (and emotional) show after that.

You actually stopped one episode before they planted a lot of the seeds of what the show becomes. It switches back and forth for a bit in the latter half of season 1 and the first half of season 2, and then you hit the stretch run for the end of season 2 and it is all serialized from there. You still get case of the week stuff, but each episode contains small parts of the entire big story arc for the season. By the time you hit the second half of season 2 they have already begun to include a ton of backstory and mythology to hint at what is coming. Everything after season 3 is straight serialized.

If you are gonna watch Person of Interest, I recommend trying to catch up by the end of the month, as season 5 (the final season) is premiering on May 3rd and is showing episodes on Monday and Tuesday nights for the last 13 episodes.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it another shot.

A good episode.

All I wanted was to see some of the characters get called out on their shit and this episode was satisfying in that regard.

Also "maybe there are no good guys" from Clarke was good.

Now all that's left is for Kane to get his shit turned inside out and I'll be happy.

mu cephei

I just finished watching season 2, and I'm not looking forward to finding out why lots of people here hate Bellamy - he basically did all the hard work and saved everyone. What the hell does he do?! Also Jaha is insane. And Lexa sucks :p There were several fantastic episodes, and I'm glad to see there are some great eps in season 3 as well if the talk here about the most recent one is anything to go by.

Joni

That was a damn good episode, seems to be ramping up again. Not surprising, they have done some damn fine character working from the episode that killed Lexa onwards.

Wasn't Kim one of the few that spoke with fans following the blowout from 'Thirteen'? I know JGM is (was?) kinda co-running this season along with Jason this year but he's leaving for Xena. Maybe maybe, fingers crossed, they might promote her to run the show along with him for next year. I doubt Jason will leave, especially if he thinks the show is a 5 season thing, he'll ride it out to the end as it is kind of his baby at the end of the day. I would just prefer he had someone else guide him along at least.
She is already Executive Story Editor. But let's be real guys, the showrunner actually runs the shows. Jason has a hand in all the good episodes as he is the one to make sure they fit in together. And as co-executive producer Dean White would probably follow Jason if Jason left.

kirblar

I just finished watching season 2, and I'm not looking forward to finding out why lots of people here hate Bellamy - he basically did all the hard work and saved everyone. What the hell does he do?! Also Jaha is insane. And Lexa sucks :p There were several fantastic episodes, and I'm glad to see there are some great eps in season 3 as well if the talk here about the most recent one is anything to go by.
Bad writing at the start of S3, where they have him actively do something instead of merely enabling it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Enjoyed the episode, but they are still struggling with integrating their storylines. It's not looking like next week will be better, unless that mysterious figure links everything together somehow, maybe an Alie infected grounder.

Top Bottom