• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
He's at it again!

Speaking with AfterBuzz TV on Tuesday night, Ricky Whittle revealed that it was his choice to depart the CW drama, but only because he felt it was his only option.

“At the beginning of the season, [Lincoln] had a whole storyline that was cut, that was just non-existent,” he revealed, alleging that showrunner Jason Rothenberg “abused his position to make my job untenable. What he did was disgusting and he should be ashamed. … He was professionally bullying me, cutting out all the storyline I was supposed to be doing, cutting lines, cutting everything out, trying to make my character and myself as insignificant as possible.”

And Whittle takes issue with more than just Lincoln’s storyline. He noted that Lexa was “too incredible a character to be caught by a stray bullet,” and that turning Pike into a villain has “taken away from his complexity.”

Source

Isn't that the same interview where he basically says to keep watching the show too? I do think Ricky has valid reason (although I really wish he would fully come out and state the truth so we could understand the proper issue minus Jason apparently being very controlling over social media and bad writing of the character) but at the same time, the guy is one minute saying bad things about the show as if he wants nothing to do with it and the next encouraging people to keep watching.

I can only guess that he doesn't want to come off as a bad-mouther for the show for fear of ruining him getting future projects. Which is fair enough.

Joni

What reason is there to have Pike if he isn't a villain? Has he actually watched the show? I mean, he had three lines before going from super shady racist to the bad guy

Joni

I see TheOddOne started making up summaries as well.
Nobody believes you if you claim Jasper gets a story where he is a good guy

I hate this show. I hate Allie. I hate it all.

vdLE8dJ.gif

Edit: Jesus, this chick is crazy

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"The things I do to survive." Hahaha

I blurted out "This is fucking hot!" and then started laughing hysterically during that scene.

The ALIE arc is getting super strange. It has turned into a zombie movie, basically. Not in love with it.

Looks like Pike's days are numbered. I'm glad that Kane being in custody (again!) didn't last very long. We've had him captured, escape, captured, escape, captured, and escape for the last time.

Probably my least favorite episode of the season, but still extremely entertaining. I'm glad Octavia took out some frustration on Bellamy. This is her season.

Bury Your Gays is doing the rounds, again.

- Variety: ‘Empire’ Showrunner Ilene Chaiken Responds to TV’s Lesbian Death Trope *Spoilers*

This is what The 100 will be remembered for. Years from now, no one's going to remember ALIE, or Pike being shitty, or Finn.

This show is going to be remembered for having a shitty LGBT death that resulted in catastrophic and media changing results. It's going to be remembered for inspiring fans to donate $100k and counting to charity. It's going to be remembered for having show producers and writers responsible for their actions in regards to how they treat fans.

Beefy

This is what The 100 will be remembered for. Years from now, no one's going to remember ALIE, or Pike being shitty, or Finn.

This show is going to be remembered for having a shitty LGBT death that resulted in catastrophic and media changing results. It's going to be remembered for inspiring fans to donate $100k and counting to charity. It's going to be remembered for having show producers and writers responsible for their actions in regards to how they treat fans.

It won't be remembered for anything sadly.

Joni

Poor Murphy, he is always the one that has to sacrifice himself. The things he has to do.
Jasper redeeming himself, even putting Clarke in her place. He does great.
Monty's mom is so dead. She is like the only non-zombie left in zombie town.
Would it be too much to ask for the Grounder Army to come in and wipe Arkadia of the map? There are no important characters left there now.
Kane was right, Bellamy still doesn't get it.

People aren't liking the Alie thing? I think it's actually really fun and interesting. Will be awesome to see how the AI controlled Arkadia goes head to head with the AI that Clarke has. Awesome episode overall. Glad to see Pike get owned and Jasper do some owning, for a change!

Joni

People aren't liking the Alie thing? I think it's actually really fun and interesting. Will be awesome to see how the AI controlled Arkadia goes head to head with the AI that Clarke has. Awesome episode overall. Glad to see Pike get owned and Jasper do some owning, for a change!
It changes in quality a lot. Like it is amazing when raven brings her best. Feels stupid when it is Jaha.

Joni

The 100, season 3:

-Kills off lesbian
-Kills off man of color
-Tortures woman of color
-Subjects bisexual to mental and emotional torture

I hate everything

- Tortures white man.
- Beats up white man.
- Made white man commit suicide.

Seems you forgot Flamekeeper, Murphy, Bellamy, ...
It mostly stresses that this is a fucked-up universe to live.

Top Bottom