• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Anko

I can't help but feel that Monty went for the gun too quickly. I know he was desperate and panicking, but I was expecting him to knock her out from behind.

void666

Banned
I won't keep checking this thread because i don't want to be spoiled.
Brazilian netflix only has the first season unfortunately.
Anyway i loathed the first episode (S1). But i kept watching and i'm glad i did. Great series.

Joni

I can't help but feel that Monty went for the gun too quickly. I know he was desperate and panicking, but I was expecting him to knock her out from behind.
He probably thought he could stop her without violence. It was too late after that.

Great ep, glad the gang's all back together. The only problem I had with the ep was the way the scene where Monty kills his mum was directed/edited. It made it look like he had all the time in the world to try to push her off, whilst aiming the gun at her.

Clarke's outfit stole the show ����

Edit: WHY WONT YOU LET MY EMOJIS WORK GAF

mu cephei

Bad writing at the start of S3, where they have him actively do something instead of merely enabling it.

So I did a quick read through the relevant section of the thread. Goddamn it. The writers pulling the same (unconvincing) trick three times is just lazy. Well, I'm about to watch the first few episodes of season 3, so I guess I'll soon see.

Joni

So I did a quick read through the relevant section of the thread. Goddamn it. The writers pulling the same (unconvincing) trick three times is just lazy. Well, I'm about to watch the first few episodes of season 3, so I guess I'll soon see.

Straight sex makes you evil. Is an important theme of the show.

sammex

Seriously why didn't they put a blindfold on Raven? or even tie her up properly, arms by her sides, you know like they do in hospitals where patients are a harm to themselves. Also Clarke should have been tackling Jasper and beating him to a pulp for even threatening to smash Lexa-chip. Not cool.

Dunlop

I mean logically you should hogtie Raven but then how would she do truth bombs on people?

This whole episode could have been avoided with blindfolding Raven (I now they tried and she took it off and then it was "aw well I guess it is impossible to put back on) . They needed like 30 minutes to get the stupid battery.

I don't like this plotline but the episode itself was borderline retarded (Raven sold the whole exorcism routine though)

This better give Monty the focus he deserves writers!

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/daniel-webber-eliza-taylor-thumper-1201754222/

Eliza to be in a new film, but of course some fans think it's a TV show for some reason and are freaking out on twitter (and some are cheering cause it means she's leaving the 100). They fail to realize it's a film though that she is doing between seasons lol
Gotta love how the guy playing the high school student is older than Eliza herself who plays the 20-something cop.

Joni

Seriously why didn't they put a blindfold on Raven? or even tie her up properly, arms by her sides, you know like they do in hospitals where patients are a harm to themselves. Also Clarke should have been tackling Jasper and beating him to a pulp for even threatening to smash Lexa-chip. Not cool.
In the end, it was probably to make it easier for Lindsey to act. Especially if she is tied up the entire day.

sammex

In the end, it was probably to make it easier for Lindsey to act. Especially if she is tied up the entire day.

I know why they did it, but it's lazy storytelling. She did a great job, and that was the best part of the episode, but the writers should have thought of some other scenario that didn't require the previously ultra competent main characters to ignore common sense.

Wasn't Kim one of the few that spoke with fans following the blowout from 'Thirteen'? I know JGM is (was?) kinda co-running this season along with Jason this year but he's leaving for Xena. Maybe maybe, fingers crossed, they might promote her to run the show along with him for next year. I doubt Jason will leave, especially if he thinks the show is a 5 season thing, he'll ride it out to the end as it is kind of his baby at the end of the day. I would just prefer he had someone else guide him along at least.

I think that would be a wise decision. Jason has made some big blunders this season PR wise, not enough to blacklist him, but enough that his reputation is a bit tarnished. He won't ever make those mistakes again, though.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it another shot.

Your welcome. I should clarify though, that the serialized parts are from season 3 on, not after season 3.

Joni

Couldn't they have killed Jasper? Please?

He is redeeming himself, no? There are cracks showing in his coldblooded behaviour, he is clearly understanding what Clarke is going through and he wants to be there for Monty. The 'band' is back together, they should just kick ass the next one.

KorrZ

Just caught up with the latest ep on Netflix. Loved it.

Raven's actress absolutely killed it and it was great seeing her make everyone else face all the shit that they've done, which culminated amazingly in the exchange between Belamy and Clarke about there being no "good guys".

Augustus Caesar

Neo Member
Got caught up on this show just after it went to hiatus, and been watching religiously ever since.

It's amazing how it can be extraordinary at times, and utterly awful at others. For the most part its pretty great though. I would do a whole rundown of everything I think about the show but it would take far too long to recap 3.5 seasons so I'll stick to more current events.

As much as I hated what happened with Lexa (and after educating myself on the outside-the-show factors have come to completely understand at least the initial outrage over it), the show has improved so much since it happened, imo.

The ALIE plot has finally taken off, the adventure squad is back together again, and everything is moving at 100mph every episode, which is great.

There are still some major problems in the overall plot (...Bellamy...), and each episode does seem to have a couple cringe/unbelievable moments, but for the most part I'm interested in seeing where they take us throughout the remainder of the season.

What really makes this show stand apart for me though, is the acting. Whoever the casting director was for this show deserves a lifetime supply of cookies. Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley are tremendous, Lindsey Morgan was incredible in these past few episodes and it seems like every one of the actors has had some kind of virtuoso moment. Marie (not even gonna attempt her last name) and her reaction to Lincoln's fate. Devon Bostwick(sp?) and his PSTD breakdowns, Richard Harmon in the bunker, you could go on and on. Of course, Alycia Debnam-Carey probably threw down the best performance in 3x07. Her chemistry with Eliza Taylor is off the charts. The biggest mistake this show ever made was not locking her up as a series regular the second they saw footage of her on the editing floor in season 2.

Anyway I won't go on and on, but I'm definitely invested in the show and can't wait to see where its headed.

i loved and hated that episode, Raven was excellent, knocked it out the park.....but goddamn the characters had to be braindead for this episode to even happen. Cover her freaking eyes, gag her, don't try once and then give up like its impossible, what the fuck.

Alie deserves to lose, in the 70 years since she nearly wiped out humanity all she did was build a McMansion and some flying drones. If she had spent that time watching Terminator, Goldeneye, and The Matrix these pesky humans would have been no problem.

What are the chances that Clarke ends up plugging Alie 2.0 into herself and killing everyone in the City of Light...

jwk94

Alie deserves to lose, in the 70 years since she nearly wiped out humanity all she did was build a McMansion and some flying drones. If she had spent that time watching Terminator, Goldeneye, and The Matrix these pesky humans would have been no problem.

What are the chances that Clarke ends up plugging Alie 2.0 into herself and killing everyone in the City of Light...

I thought she was gonna plug Allie 2.0 into Raven for a second.

Unlikely, only people with Becca's genetically mutated blood (aka nightblood) can obtain the chip and live.

However, the OST listing confirms that
we meet Luna, so she'll probably get it

Beefy

i loved and hated that episode, Raven was excellent, knocked it out the park.....but goddamn the characters had to be braindead for this episode to even happen. Cover her freaking eyes, gag her, don't try once and then give up like its impossible, what the fuck.

Yep. "Oh shit she is biting her wounds open, we never thought that would happen".

Joni

Outside of jasper nobody knows what the chip does. It sounds stupid to us, but they haven't actually seen what ALIE can do. I don't even think jasper knows how much control ALIE has. He only knows she can talk to someone and that she forgets stuff. Which he luckily told Monty so he could save himself.

Outside of jasper nobody knows what the chip does. It sounds stupid to us, but they haven't actually seen what ALIE can do. I don't even think jasper knows how much control ALIE has. He only knows she can talk to someone and that she forgets stuff. Which he luckily told Monty so he could save himself.

Well Raven knows, and she's back to normal now so we're definitely gonna learn more about it all

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That might be my favorite episode of the season so far. We're definitely in the homestretch now. The whole squad has linked back up again and they have a mission.

I haven't heard them use the term "The 100" in forever. Probably since early last season maybe? And Monty having to shoot his mom...wow, talk about dark.

I get the feeling Luna's not gonna be a fighter, like just from what we've heard about her it just doesn't seem that anyone with any kind of bloodlust would run away from a combat like the conclave

tumblr_inline_o5r699IAN11tv0o0a_540.png

Yes.

tumblr_o5r49mZjSw1qgsbj6o1_1280.png

Yes.

tumblr_o5r9mf6Ns81qlceipo4_1280.png

YES.

Joni

There's a feminist slant?

There are strong female characters. Must be feminist! I think some people think like that. I think it works best as 'feminist propaganda' because it actually isn't trying to do that. It has strong characters, some are women. Same reason as why Grey's Anatomy does so good on race. Nobody is actually trying to make a racial point, just trying to write awesome characters.

kirblar

There's a feminist slant?
Yes. This and JJ have done it well, in that it's there, but it's not the focus of the story, nor is it turned into a man v woman thing. (see: Buffy S6 for how this can go very wrong.)

It works when it informs the worldbuilding. When it doesn't work, you get female Thor.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Niylah is played by Det. Bozzio from iZombie. It dawned on me halfway through the last episode. As soon as I realized that I was hoping they would take her along with them.

I would agree that The 100 has a feminist slant. It treats its female and male characters equally, which sadly isn't true of a lot of other shows.

Top Bottom