• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Joni

I actually had that mentioned in referring to The Walking Dead but yeah they've had to have moved on from gasoline in this show a long time ago.

It even makes sense in the context of our world, as the current estimates for gas supplies are still around 2050.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, isn't the "shelf life" for gasoline really short? Like less than two years or something? I just tell myself they're using something else or they've developed some additive or something to make it usable. Battery power? Who knows. lol

Yeah, isn't the "shelf life" for gasoline really short? Like less than two years or something? I just tell myself they're using something else or they've developed some additive or something to make it usable. Battery power? Who knows. lol

The truck certainly sounds like it's using an electric motor, not a combustion engine. I guess the future has figured out the battery problem, as that thing seems to run all day without a charge.

Joni

It looks like they're coming back to Pike in that case, which will be interesting to see: he'll be forced to work with Kane in saving everyone.

Is there a character on the show as uninteresting as Ontari? Like, I'm not even talking about in comparison to Lexa. As a stand alone character, I honestly could not give two smelly farts what she does or what happens to her.

She's boring and bland.

Is there a character on the show as uninteresting as Ontari? Like, I'm not even talking about in comparison to Lexa. As a stand alone character, I honestly could not give two smelly farts what she does or what happens to her.

She's boring and bland.

Your adoration of Lexa skews your perception so much that even if Ontari was the most exhilarating character ever you'd still likely think that.

Your adoration of Lexa skews your perception so much that even if Ontari was the most exhilarating character ever you'd still likely think that.

Not true though. Like, I liked Titus. He was dynamic, interesting, and honestly I felt for the guy. He was a good character, all things considered.

It's got nothing to do with Lexa and everything to do with the fact that Ontari makes me yawn every time she comes on screen. Fuck, even BELLAMY is compelling and y'all know how much I hate him as a character.

Joni

She is a young woman trust in a position of high power, struggling to keep up. Could be interesting, but they want to keep her as a one-note villain.

Somnia

I haven't watched it yet because I'm watching the NFL Draft, but people are saying they really did a good job with Pikes character this episode?

NOOOOOOO KANE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: God, Clarke is so amazing. She's like...she's so smart and kind. That was actually kind of a nice scene with Bellamy.

RS4-

I'm still hating this Alie shit. I'm hoping Kane hasn't swallowed it yet, John motherfucking Murphy gonna save him.

Fuck Alie and Jaha.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
RADIOACTIVE
rRGl8Pw.gif

Pike's actor did a great job with the flashback scenes. I'm sure they're setting him up for his redemption death. Though the flashbacks did make me realize that Jaha was always a jackass, just a different kind on the Ark.

The writers better not kill off Kane; he's become pretty much the best character on the show.

The problem with this whole ALIE fantasy plot is that the only possible resolution is more hokey fantasy, like the new Commander uploading ALIE 2.0 somehow into everyone's brain to override ALIE 1.0.

Still, this episode redeemed the season after the Halloween episode.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Pike flashbacks should have been nearer to the start of the season - I feel like they, while well done, are too little too late.

also

RADIOACTIVE RADIOACTIVE

So The 100 gets a call back after all the time while Arrow and its other shows never have despite all the fitting moments. :(

Of course Luna isn't going to accept the stupid flame but I laughed at loud with the beat as if she was going to and then I laughed more when it was revealed that they're on an old oil platform. At least they probably shouldn't have to be worried about being found, right? ... Right?

Oh, are we supposed to sympathize with Pike now? Are they going to try and redeem him or something? Fuck Pike. Yeah, that should've been done before we found how the massive shit bag he turned into.

I'M WAKING UP!

It was a decent episode (Luna was pretty cool minus her suffering from the shows tragic hairstyle cases), but Bellamy's "redemption" if that is the right word to use is one of the dragging parts of the season. Bellamy just comes off as stunned that Octavia has yet to forgive him when he's more or less one of the reasons that her boyfriend is dead. Maybe they're just writing it wrong, because I feel little sympathy towards him. The show keeps acting like what he has done is no worse than what most of the characters have pulled, but yet they keep coming back to it. If you want to act like it's not that bad, then drop it, but it seems they keep going for "oh, it's just like what Clarke did that one time".

Murphy was a fucking asshole in season 1 but now he's one of the most entertaining characters on the show. And yet they keep missing the ball with Bellamy. I would like Bellamy a lot more if they figured out what they want to do with this story-line.

I still laugh when Clarke was first like "shit, he spared Indra out of the 300 people brutally killed, I think that he can be forgien".

I'M WAKING UP!

It was a decent episode (Luna was pretty cool minus her suffering from the shows tragic hairstyle cases), but Bellamy's "redemption" if that is the right word to use is one of the dragging parts of the season. Bellamy just comes off as stunned that Octavia has yet to forgive him when he's more or less one of the reasons that her boyfriend is dead. Maybe they're just writing it wrong, because I feel little sympathy towards him. The show keeps acting like what he has done is no worse than what most of the characters have pulled, but yet they keep coming back to it. If you want to act like it's not that bad, then drop it, but it seems they keep going for "oh, it's just like what Clarke did that one time".

Murphy was a fucking asshole in season 1 but now he's one of the most entertaining characters on the show. And yet they keep missing the ball with Bellamy. I would like Bellamy a lot more if they figured out what they want to do with this story-line.

I still laugh when Clarke was first like "shit, he spared Indra out of the 300 people brutally killed, I think that he can be forgien".

I think you're right about Bellamy. His scene with Clarke was nice, I thought, simply because it reminded me of their old scenes in season one, where they would work together and both suffer the burdens of leadership. Although it kinda pissed me off that Clarke, once again, took on the burdens of his anger and frustration and became his emotional punching bag.

The problem lies in that he gives off a sense of entitlement all the time. "I'm entitled to kill 300 people because my gf is dead" or "I'm entitled to handcuff Clarke to a table because I think I know what's best for everyone." He's just...he's a child. And his whole arc this season feels rushed (like, I know we were supposed to care about Gina, but I just can't sympathize with Bellamy because we literally knew her for like 5 minutes over the course of three episodes).

I also think that Bellamy has always been kind of a douche, but it was forgotten in season 2 because he played the hero. Now we're just seeing him revert back to his season one tactics, but it's even more frustrating because it's dragging down the other characters who actually do productive shit.

This plot never feels like it goes anywhere. One step forward, two steps back.

Somnia

The 100 ratings rose back to a .5 up in viewers from 1.12 to 1.28. Most shows were actually up vs the Draft which is odd, but the draft also pulled in big #'s apparently.

Good night for TV (except for greys anatomy and blacklist which dropped)

Last nights episode is getting really good reviews too.

Joni

The 100 ratings rose back to a .5 up in viewers from 1.12 to 1.28. Most shows were actually up vs the Draft which is odd, but the draft also pulled in big #'s apparently.

Good night for TV (except for greys anatomy and blacklist which dropped)

Last nights episode is getting really good reviews too.

Wait and see how it does in the finals, hope it keeps up its rating after the last two weeks.

Somnia

Wait and see how it does in the finals, hope it keeps up its rating after the last two weeks.

Ya CW is notorious for dropping, but I wanted a bit of happy news for now lol

Thankfully ratings are still decent, but low enough that no way its on Thursdays again next season.

Somnia

I guess, but it still felt to predictable. She was just told she's the last of her people and she doesn't need to kill anyone but she still refuses and the reasons will probably those listed above.

Becoming the leader though will in the end require her to kill people most likely. We'll see what's going through her mind next week hopefully.

Bellamy just comes off as stunned that Octavia has yet to forgive him when he's more or less one of the reasons that her boyfriend is dead. Maybe they're just writing it wrong, because I feel little sympathy towards him. The show keeps acting like what he has done is no worse than what most of the characters have pulled, but yet they keep coming back to it.

I don't think the writers are trying to make it seem like Bellamy's action wasn't that bad, it's just that they've reduced the size of the group around him – Jasper's too busy still being salty about Maya, and Clarke wasn't directly affected by Bellamy's fascist moment. Back in the cave he was basically treated like a pariah. But the characters and we the audience haven't even had time to exhale and reflect on Pike's dictatorship because the ALIE plot took over. If there's any bad writing, it's the writers trying to cram too many plotlines into this season.

The problem lies in that he gives off a sense of entitlement all the time. "I'm entitled to kill 300 people because my gf is dead" or "I'm entitled to handcuff Clarke to a table because I think I know what's best for everyone." He's just...he's a child.

Most of the main cast has a sense of entitlement, whether it's Bellamy, Clarke, Lexa, Pike, Raven, Octavia, Kane, Abby, or Jaha. They're all strong-willed and will defy others to do what they think is right. Bellamy has basically spent his life protecting his sister, so he's been playing that role far longer and doesn't know how to act any other way.

Becoming the leader though will in the end require her to kill people most likely. We'll see what's going through her mind next week hopefully.

She could be merciful for the most, much like Lexa became after Clarke got her hooks into her.

You are right though, I guess there's more conflict to the decision that I gave credit for.

Top Bottom