• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

^ Last season was guilty of that with Raven or at the very least inconsistent.

Great premiere and everything was already covered so that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Jasper still sucks.

Somnia

FUCK THAT WAS AWESOME!

Also, what is the language called they're talking?

It's a language they created basically.

http://www.hypable.com/the-100-season-2-grounder-language-peterson/

Series creator Jason Rothenberg has previously described the language as a form of Creole English, which has evolved over the course of the three generations where Grounders have lived alone on Earth. He has also stated that the official name of the language is Trigedasleng.

The 100 isn’t doing anything halfway; the CW series has hired language creator David J. Peterson to come up with a fully functional, original language for the Grounders

the premiere was overwhelming. i think i got too excited with clarke i didn't pay attention to what happened with the other characters. i need to rewatch to fully experience it. and i love their acting. they portray the characters better than most shows out now.

and i want a claw tattoo on my chest. Clarke just giving me life. #GoD

Somnia

So happy to see the ratings up, it will probably adjust down slightly and come closer to last seasons premiere but should still beat it.

Joni

That was the best premiere of the season. Amazing Clarke in this episode. Thank god the bunny survived.

Joni

the killing is fine but the sex scene was not. LOL @ the comments on their facebook page
Link? But in any case, kinda expected of the US. One thing that bothers me about the sex scene though: is it to be implied that counter girl is trading sex for the meat? She seems locked up there, offering Clarke something extra for the meat she has brought in and Clarke taking something, her.

TheOddOne

the killing is fine but the sex scene was not. LOL @ the comments on their facebook page
That was a sex scene.

tumblr_o09ysjHq991v3qybwo1_500.gif

Somnia

Link? But in any case, kinda expected of the US. One thing that bothers me about the sex scene though: is it to be implied that counter girl is trading sex for the meat? She seems locked up there, offering Clarke something extra for the meat she has brought in and Clarke taking something, her.

No that's not what happened, the meat trade was done. She brought in her kills, they kept a portion and gave a portion to Clark. This was just a mutal thing that happened between the two who had been seeing each other for awhile (I think she said weeks). Her injury and everything that happened just brought that on. More likely Clark just needed a connection which she has been lacking.

Man, that Shawn Mendes scene was cringeworthy. I'm sure it was influenced by the fact that I knew who he was and how he got on the show, but...yikes.
The transparent pandering was bad enough, but it also retroactively diminished my enjoyment of the "Add It Up" sing-a-long in the jeep. :/

Joni

Forgot this: kudos on them for adding so many new faces.

No that's not what happened, the meat trade was done. She brought in her kills, they kept a portion and gave a portion to Clark. This was just a mutal thing that happened between the two who had been seeing each other for awhile (I think she said weeks). Her injury and everything that happened just brought that on. More likely Clark just needed a connection which she has been lacking.

After the meat trade, she still says 'I told you, I owe you more than this. Pick something' pointing her to look around the shop, at which point Clarke tells her to talk about the bracelet. That last of course doesn't imply what I set as a possible idea, but you might remember the moment better with that extra scene description.

Somnia

Forgot this: kudos on them for adding so many new faces.

After the meat trade, she still says 'I told you, I owe you more than this. Pick something' pointing her to look around the shop, at which point Clarke tells her to talk about the bracelet. That last of course doesn't imply what I set as a possible idea, but you might remember the moment better with that extra scene description.

Ya I remember that scene, but I never read into them having sex as a form of payment. I just felt like they had a connection and it happened is all. Just what I read from it all personally.

Joni

Ya I remember that scene, but I never read into them having sex as a form of payment. I just felt like they had a connection and it happened is all. Just what I read from it all personally.
Yeah, I'm certainly overanalyzing and for Clarke, it was an emotional connection. The trader girl is unimportant so I doubt they'll get back to her motivations.

That was a sex scene.

tumblr_o09ysjHq991v3qybwo1_500.gif

https://www.facebook.com/cwthe100/p...omment_id=937487309632307&notif_t=photo_reply

but yes. the scene was very tame. they must be the new crowd to complain about everything.

don't mind me if you see my comment. i'm the only one that's easy to spot lol

Somnia

Yeah, I'm certainly overanalyzing and for Clarke, it was an emotional connection. The trader girl is unimportant so I doubt they'll get back to her motivations.

I mean you could be right! Honestly we'll never know each others full motivations there which leaves it up to us to just read it on our own. You're right though we'll probably never see the trader again, maybe once if someone from her group finds the trader camp and asks her, but that's it.

Clark obviously is still extremely distraught over everything that happened, I have a feeling deep down though being betrayed by Lexa will be the thing that hurts/bothers her the most.

Prudes complaining about "sex" on TV, I'm willing to wager it's more because it was two people of the same gender more just like the Clarke/Lexa scene last season and less about the straight scenes, they'll really lose their shit when its two guys.

You know, I didn't know who Shawn Mendez was before you guys mentioned him in here, but I knew that the piano player guy seemed way out of place. Like, where the fuck did they get a nice-ass piano? It just seemed weird as hell. Maybe I missed the explanation for it while watching, but it seemed really out of place.

You know, I didn't know who Shawn Mendez was before you guys mentioned him in here, but I knew that the piano player guy seemed way out of place. Like, where the fuck did they get a nice-ass piano? It just seemed weird as hell. Maybe I missed the explanation for it while watching, but it seemed really out of place.

i think they stole it from mt weather.

sinxtanx

Great start to this season.

it's definitely from Mt. Weather together with everything else in that room, what with Jasper screaming "grave robbers!"

i mean it's weird when they first landed he wasn't around. when they grouped he wasn't around. when in mt weather no one survived (no one that mattered anyways).

the fact he came out of nowhere along with some of these kids. are they grounder kids turned normal? i think i'll go with that. they are grounder kids turned normal lol.

i totally would believe that.

Joni

i mean it's weird when they first landed he wasn't around. when they grouped he wasn't around. when in mt weather no one survived (no one that mattered anyways).

the fact he came out of nowhere along with some of these kids. are they grounder kids turned normal? i think i'll go with that. they are grounder kids turned normal lol.

i totally would believe that.
There were a lot of the 100 kids we never saw. We only know 6 out of 46 survivors from that group . There were also a lot of people that landed with the arc and they are still searchingy for some other stations which implies they found a couple of them. There are thus three ways to add people.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Oh man I was so scared a third season couldn't possibly be as good as the last two but I was wrong, what a great start. I love that Clarke is not just some wandering rogue trying to escape her demons, fuck I could watch a whole series of just that. I'm also curious where this whole City of Light thing is going. My guess is that it's a virtual reality construct which the goal of the AI is to plug all of humanity into, Matrix style and thus achieve world peace as well as conservation. The only problem is that to accomplish such a feat requires a massive amount of power not yet capable until now.

Only "negatives" of this episode was Jasper, just die already dude. Also, I find it hilarious that Clarke is just suddenly into chics. I already thought the Clarke/Commander romance subplot was super forced but kinda thought that Clarke was trying to play the Commander due to her attraction to her. Oh well, I also find the Lincoln/whatsherface romance annoying now. Octavia needs to stop with her whole Grounder fetish.

Somnia

Oh man I was so scared a third season couldn't possibly be as good as the last two but I was wrong, what a great start. I love that Clarke is not just some wandering rogue trying to escape her demons, fuck I could watch a whole series of just that. I'm also curious where this whole City of Light thing is going. My guess is that it's a virtual reality construct which the goal of the AI is to plug all of humanity into, Matrix style and thus achieve world peace as well as conservation. The only problem is that to accomplish such a feat requires a massive amount of power not yet capable until now.

Only "negatives" of this episode was Jasper, just die already dude. Also, I find it hilarious that Clarke is just suddenly into chics. I already thought the Clarke/Commander romance subplot was super forced but kinda thought that Clarke was trying to play the Commander due to her attraction to her. Oh well, I also find the Lincoln/whatsherface romance annoying now. Octavia needs to stop with her whole Grounder fetish.

They talked about this in an interview about how in this world now no one cares about same sex relationships, when you're pushed to the brink of death and just surviving no one judges that kind of thing anymore.

People in this universe now just love who they love, they have much harsher and more dangerous things to nit pick and worry about.

Joni

They also seem to have a lot of female leaders in their society as the Ice Nation also has a female leader. So women just taking what or who they want might not be uncommon there.

foxtrot3d

Banned
They talked about this in an interview about how in this world now no one cares about same sex relationships, when you're pushed to the brink of death and just surviving no one judges that kind of thing anymore.

People in this universe now just love who they love, they have much harsher and more dangerous things to nit pick and worry about.

No, no I'm not talking about social stigma I'm talking sexual orientation. Unless radiation has messed with some parts of our brains as well there is no reason why everyone would be bi-sexual. As far as we know we are born with our sexual orientation so Clarke after being setup as straight suddenly also totally being into chics is a bit weird, could she have always been bi-sexual and we simply never knew? Sure, but it still sort of comes out of nowhere.

strafer

Jasper smiling when having the knife to his throat was fucked up

dude, if you wanna kill yourself just do it, she aint coming back!

Somnia

No, no I'm not talking about social stigma I'm talking sexual orientation. Unless radiation has messed with some parts of our brains as well there is no reason why everyone would be bi-sexual. As far as we know we are born with our sexual orientation so Clarke after being setup as straight suddenly also totally being into chics is a bit weird, could she have always been bi-sexual and we simply never knew? Sure, but it still sort of comes out of nowhere.

Well not everyone is bi-sexual, but as you said Clarke probably always was. You also have to remember she got locked up on the Ark and was alone for a very long time at a young age. A lot of these main characters are kids (teenagers, most are 18 maybe just turned 19 as they were locked up prior to being 18) who have been in prison for years (some of them) and they are still young/discovering themselves.

Clarke is clearly attracted to guys, but with Lexa maybe she discovered something else about herself. I know a few people who never considered themselves attracted to the opposite sex and then they met someone and it happened.

Joni

No, no I'm not talking about social stigma I'm talking sexual orientation. Unless radiation has messed with some parts of our brains as well there is no reason why everyone would be bi-sexual. As far as we know we are born with our sexual orientation so Clarke after being setup as straight suddenly also totally being into chics is a bit weird, could she have always been bi-sexual and we simply never knew? Sure, but still sort of comes out of nowhere.
She had too very short relationships, that is all. She might be wanting that feeling from whoever can give it. Besides that,human sexuality is a lot more fluid than only women or men

aku:jiki

Who was the girl on the boat that greeted John? Have we seen her before? Too many non-core group survivors that just showed up in a few scenes before, I can barely keep track of the main cast let alone the background hangarounds.

Speaking of John, every other character that started out insufferable in the early first season has gotten a redemption arc and is now a pretty likeable character... The real test for the writers will be trying to pull that off with this douche.

Somnia

Who was the girl on the boat that greeted John? Have we seen her before? Too many non-core group survivors that just showed up in a few scenes before, I can barely keep track of the main cast let alone the background hangarounds.

Speaking of John, every other character that started out insufferable in the early first season has gotten a redemption arc and is now a pretty likeable character... The real test for the writers will be trying to pull that off with this douche.

She was the girl from last season in the desert that robbed them and then told them what direction to go.

Joni

He called her Emori if I heard correctly, which leads me to assume it is Luisa D'Oliveira. She was in one episode last year.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Really because I think John is already a likable character at this point.

Top Bottom