• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

I couldn't help but think how much Clarke must stink living out in the wild like that and how it gross it must be for the other woman when they get down to it.

Also, I can't even remember what Jasper's deal is. I'm not even sure I care.

Going to post this here. Straight, bisexual, lesbian/gay are very bad terms, especially in the case of women as people's sexual preferences are fluid. You might be straight now, but fall for someone of the same sex because there is more than three states and the bisexual nomination hardly covers the states between the two extremes.
http://theconversation.com/explainer-what-is-sexual-fluidity-33120

So, I mean, Clarke has had a relationship with two women so far on-screen and at least one man (Finn) if not another male relationship that wasn't acted upon (as far as I remember) in the case of Bellamy. I think for the sake of discussing the character it's a reasonable simplification to say that she is probably bisexual. Yes, she may be straight but fluidly act on her feelings with women or she may be a lesbian but fluidly act on her feelings for men, but IMO, it's just a lot easier to characterize her as bisexual.

Commander of death? I still can't take Clarke seriously. Sorry... but that's how it is.

Jaspers gf was from mt weather and she died

Then he was a known liability and should never have been taken on any mission.

However, I'm glad he has a clear problem with the whole Mt Weather massacre. I personally can't really excuse Clarke and company for it, but my overt negative feelings have lessened.

So, I mean, Clarke has had a relationship with two women so far on-screen and at least one man (Finn) if not another male relationship that wasn't acted upon (as far as I remember) in the case of Bellamy. I think for the sake of discussing the character it's a reasonable simplification to say that she is probably bisexual. Yes, she may be straight but fluidly act on her feelings with women or she may be a lesbian but fluidly act on her feelings for men, but IMO, it's just a lot easier to characterize her as bisexual.
Why everyone and everything has to be placed into neat little categories I'll never know.

Joni

I couldn't help but think how much Clarke must stink living out in the wild like that and how it gross it must be for the other woman when they get down to it.
They all reek, the trader girl probably doesn't know better.

Yes, I want to aim my comment mostly at the general feeling that she can't have a specific taste because she was initially set-up otherwise.

Well, she was washing her when it happened.

Jasper's girlfriend was a victim of the Mount Weather massacre, which Monty and Bellamy helped to enable. That's the long and the short of it. Whether anyone cares is another matter, lol.

Why do Bellamy and Monty even bother taking him if he is unstable, that is them holding the idiot ball.

Oh, I forgot to mention: "I did what was necessary" is never a good way of rationalising mass murder.

To the show's credit there characters who clearly haven't forgotten about that whole mess.

Why everyone and everything has to be placed into neat little categories I'll never know.

It's the same reason we have words that describe millionaires, murderers, cattle, babies, and flavors. It just makes things easier to discuss and think about. I'm not even disagreeing with the idea that Clarke may not completely fit the description of bisexual, but based on what we've seen on-screen, it seems like a reasonable current assessment of the character and makes her easier to discuss with other fans of the show.

tumblr_nz6654rVak1uxbhkro8_400.gif

From the very beginning we had our hints that Clarke swung both ways.

They all reek, the trader girl probably doesn't know better.

Yes, I want to aim my comment mostly at the general feeling that she can't have a specific taste because she was initially set-up otherwise.

Why do Bellamy and Monty even bother taking him if he is unstable, that is them holding the idiot ball.
monty and jaspers were besties and then a girl comes in from the first season. and you can see a hint of jelly from monty but that's because besties gotta watch out for each other. but then jasper goes and screw around with mt weather chick.

so monty x jasper should be a thing. i'm hoping he kisses jasper and breaks him from his spell.

What exactly should she have done in that situation?

I'm not going to revisit those episodes to analyse it.

But it annoys me when people bring that up as a way of brushing it all under the carpet. Jasper losing his shit makes me think the writers aren't going to let that it go that way completely.

so monty x jasper should be a thing. i'm hoping he kisses jasper and breaks him from his spell.
Can we please not have everyone pairing off. It is so ridiculous. Even Jaha has his little hologram mistress.

Personally, I'm shipping
Jahagram (Jaha x the hologram woman)
. EDIT: Damn you Napoleonthehimp.

By the way, what's the policy on spoiler tagging in this thread?

Oh, I forgot to mention: "I did what was necessary" is never a good way of rationalising mass murder.

To the show's credit there characters who clearly haven't forgotten about that whole mess.

It's a show where things aren't black and white, the whole point is that it's morally fucked up and Clarke is clearly suffering mentally for it. She slaughtered innocent people to save her own. What she did isn't meant to be taken lightly or brushed aside.
It also however doesn't make her evil or some villainous character.

Personally, I'm shipping
Jahagram (Jaha x the hologram woman)
. EDIT: Damn you Napoleonthehimp.

By the way, what's the policy on spoiler tagging in this thread?

Same as always, aired eps can be discussed openly but spoiler tag preview talk.

I'm not going to revisit those episodes to analyse it.

But it annoys me when people bring that up as a way of brushing it all under the carpet. Jasper losing his shit makes me think the writers aren't going to let that it go that way completely.

Can we please not have everyone pairing off. It is so ridiculous. Even Jaha has his little hologram mistress.
Don't blame me their bond was strong in s1 and now.
Monty was always around.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm not going to revisit those episodes to analyze it.

I'm not advocating brushing it under the carpet but you can't exactly demonize her when she didn't exactly have a choice in that situation, it was your typical rock and a hard place choice.

Morts

Damn that felt short. I forgot what it's like to have to wait a week for the next episode of something. I also forgot a lot of names. I assume they got that jeep from Mt Weather? Also getting some Battlestar vibes from Jaha's plot.

Glad to hear the ratings are decent. I bought the season pass on Amazon, for my part.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Damn that felt short. I forgot what it's like to have to wait a week for the next episode of something. I also forgot a lot of names. I assume they got that jeep from Mt Weather? Also getting some Battlestar vibes from Jaha's plot.

Glad to hear the ratings are decent. I bought the season pass on Amazon, for my part.

I'm 99% positive that was intentional they even had those musical chimes play when the AI showed up next ho him like Caprica Six and Baltar.

This show goes by so damn fast! Helps that I really like the characters and am interested to see what happens next. It was like revisiting old friends. Anyway, solid season premiere of one of my favorite shows.

Jaha is really into that "City of Light" shit. Dude seemed straight-up fanatical. I can't wait to see how that plot line ends up affecting the other characters.

This show goes by so damn fast! Helps that I really like the characters and am interested to see what happens next. It was like revisiting old friends. Anyway, solid season premiere of one of my favorite shows.

Jaha is really into that "City of Light" shit. Dude seemed straight-up fanatical. I can't wait to see how that plot line ends up affecting the other characters.
City of light is liquid shroom.

Joni

Bell wanted to leave him but Monty convinced him.

Because he's their friend and they care about him, I would guess. Especially Monty, who has never had any kind of combat or law enforcement training that would preclude that sort of thing (unlike Bellamy, who resisted at first), and was stoner bffs with Jasper before that all went down.

monty and jaspers were besties and then a girl comes in from the first season. and you can see a hint of jelly from monty but that's because besties gotta watch out for each other. but then jasper goes and screw around with mt weather chick.

They have been giving him three months, they should know he'll only get them killed. Monty's action will determine if he or Jasper get wacked this season.

The fact she has to bring it up, shows she is uncomfortable with it, despite the fact it was the only way to save her friends. It was an entrenched enemy with superior technology, numbers and supplies.

They have been giving him three months, they should know he'll only get them killed. Monty's action will determine if he or Jasper get wacked this season.

The fact she has to bring it up, shows she is uncomfortable with it, despite the fact it was the only way to save her friends. It was an entrenched enemy with superior technology, numbers and supplies.
They probably learned nothing after the Finn incident. But prove me wrong people of the ark

Joni

Final Thursday ratings came in, The 100 held its .7 rating :O

I did NOT expect that, I swore it'd drop to .6.
It never had a stronger lead. If Legends of Tomorrow remains strong, I hope The 100 does as well. Arrow wasn't as big an hit in season 2 as it is now, it needed The Flash to grow so it couldn't really help The 100 a lot back then.

Yes, it was an entrenched enemy that would've massacred them all as soon as they got through the front entrance and into the narrow corridors. Lexa knew that and chose the easier path when it was offered, but Clarke couldn't see beyond her narrow little plan so she had no other choice when she was pushed into a corner.

Her naivety and inexperience led to that entire mess.

Joni

Yes, it was an entrenched enemy that would've massacred them all as soon as they got through the front entrance and into the narrow corridors. Lexa knew that and chose the easier path when it was offered, but Clarke couldn't see beyond her narrow little plan so she had no other choice when she was pushed into a corner.
There was no solution offered for her problem outside of killing them all, especially not after they made sure the grounders didn't help. She didn't see beyond her little plan because there was no other way for it to end as long as the enemy remained with their strategy.

Sober

Yeah I wish they had some budget to shoot an extra scene to show that attacking head on would've ended up with thousands of dead, which is why Lexa took the diplomatic approach. Remember, she is trying to be a different kind of leader to her people. If anything, it would've worked and she would've at least been remembered for negotiating her people to their freedom from the Mountain Men. Because think about it, if you and the Sky people joined forces and you still had doubts you could win but you had a chance to free your people at the cost of theirs, you would take it.

It's just that no one really expected the Sky People to even take on Mt. Weather after that. Remember, they fought tooth and nail for that alliance. And then you ditch them but then Clarke basically single-handedly wipes out Mount Weather. Of course Lexa looks weak after that. She took her shit and ran and lost out on the glory of destroying the Mountain Man. She looks like a coward compared to Clarke who did the literal impossible.

There was no solution offered for her problem outside of killing them all, especially not after they made sure the grounders didn't help. She didn't see beyond her little plan because there was no other way for it to end as long as the enemy remained with their strategy.
The point I'm making is that she never considered any other strategy despite being warned by Lexa that the grounders will always put their people first.

Ultimately in the end she held the power and had leverage over the mountain men. One alternative option was to offer blood transfusions from the rest of the ark survivors in addition to the ones in the mountain. If it still wasn't enough then the transfusions could be done over time. Instead the mountain men, including innocent men, women and children were brutally killed.

So... her inexperience led to her lacking any kind of foresight with regard to the grounder's betrayal as well as a complete lack of a secondary plan, and on top of that the children in the mountain men had to undergo a brutal and painful death.

I will never value Clarke as a leader for that reason.

Joni

In hindsight, the ambiguity works. It puts it in another light: was Lexa actually right? Would they get killed?

The point I'm making is that she never considered any other strategy despite being warned by Lexa that the grounders will always put their people first.
She had one presumably good strategy, she then winged another one when she was in there.

Ultimately in the end she held the power and had leverage over the mountain men. One alternative option was to offer blood transfusions from the rest of the ark survivors in addition to the ones in the mountain. If it still wasn't enough then the transfusions could be done over time. Instead the mountain men, including innocent men, women and children were brutally killed.
Previous negotiations failed. The enemy had WMDs. At that point, another round of negotations when the enemy believes you aren't in a seat of power, just doesn't work.

Winging it is not the same as being experienced and intelligent enough to think multiple steps ahead before you make your first move.

In hindsight, the ambiguity works. It puts it in another light: was Lexa actually right? Would they get killed?

Yes absolutely. They had heavy weaponry and could easily place them in the corridors ready to mow down everyone extremely quickly.

I believe this was actually brought up by the writers themselves.

So, Lexa's betrayal saved her own people.

Joni

Being a great leader involves thinking fast. There is nothing good about an experienced leader that fails because his plans fall through and there is no back-up. That is what happened to the guy leading Mt Weather.

Somnia

You brought up transfusions, that was offered and he refused them. She even told him what she would do, he pushed forward and started to kill her mom on camera cause be didn't believe Clarke and felt they had all control. There was NO way out of that situation other than what Clarke did.

Moff

very good start for the season
season 1 could not reach the potential of this show, season 2 kinda did and season 3 looks best so far.
love the black metal dudes, can't wait to see their black metal queen
are there any male leaders in this world? not that I mind.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Winging it is not the same as being experienced and intelligent enough to think multiple steps ahead before you make your first move.

Yes absolutely. They had heavy weaponry and could easily place them in the corridors ready to mow down everyone extremely quickly.

I believe this was actually brought up by the writers themselves.

So, Lexa's betrayal saved her own people.

So... her inexperience led to her lacking any kind of foresight with regard to the grounder's betrayal as well as a complete lack of a secondary plan, and on top of that the children in the mountain men had to undergo a brutal and painful death.

I will never value Clarke as a leader for that reason.

Did you watch the same show as me?

You brought up transfusions, that was offered and he refused them. She even told him what she would do, he pushed forward and started to kill her mom on camera cause be didn't believe Clarke and felt they had all control. There was NO way out of that situation other than what Clarke did.

This.

Clarke did everything she could to talk down the Mountain Men, they all offered to give them all the blood transfusions it would require for however long they needed but the Mountain Men wanted the full treatment NOW. They weren't interested in waiting and they weren't willing to trust the Ark survivors would hold up their end of the deal so they refused to compromise in any way. Second, had Lexa's army actually committed to the treaty then they would have won. The Mountain Men don't have an unlimited supply of ammo and you're forgetting that the Ark survivors had guns too as well as Octavia leading a sneak force in the rear to come up behind them.

Had the plan actually went the way Clarke and Lexa agreed they would have won and likely been able to save some of the "innocent" Mountain people. However, Lexa's betrayal forced her hand. There was literally NO other way to save her people than to let her people die. That was the whole theme/point of the choice an absolute "Us v. Them" situation and what an individual would do under such circumstances.

Joni

very good start for the season
season 1 could not reach the potential of this show, season 2 kinda did and season 3 looks best so far.
love the black metal dudes, can't wait to see their black metal queen
are there any male leaders in this world? not that I mind.
Mount Weather had a male leadership, but the Grounders seem to be female lead. There are 12 clans, gathered in a coalition, with all known leaders female.
- Lexa: The Coalition.
- Indra: The Woods Clan, possibly in name of Lexa.
- Luna: The Boat People
- Nia: The Ice Nation

Good episode but I felt the sex scene was unnecessary. And Jasper going crazy seems like it will more annoying than anything else.

Also chuckled at the scene with Murphy going crazy in the bunker.

Kyoufu

I didn't enjoy that episode at all.

Jasper was annoying as fuck and that sex scene was so unnecessary. I hope this isn't indicative of this season's quality. Really loved season 1 and 2.

I've seen this brought up a few times now, what exactly do people find unnecessary about the sex scene? We've seen similar scenes before on the show.

It was just casual sex with two people who had built up a relationship over how ever many weeks. It's not exactly uncommon.

Somnia

I've seen this brought up a few times now, what exactly do people find unnecessary about the sex scene? We've seen similar scenes before on the show.

It was just casual sex with two people who had built up a relationship over how ever many weeks. It's not exactly uncommon.

Violence good, sex bad

or something

Could be just people uncomfortable with the fact that it's two women. You would be surprised with the amount of people I saw on Facebook who said that they were quitting the show because of it and how "inappropriate" it was. Never mind the fact these people have endured two seasons already of sex scenes and intense violence before this one scene that suddenly is just different from the rest.

Joni

Could be just people uncomfortable with the fact that it's two women. You would be surprised with the amount of people I saw on Facebook who said that they were quitting the show because of it and how "inappropriate" it was. Never mind the fact these people have endured two seasons already of sex scenes and intense violence before this one scene that suddenly is just different from the rest.
Indeed, because story wise there is very little reason to skip it especially if the tattoo is more than a prop.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
As someone who isnt a fan of maincast getting killed for no reason - Jasper needs to die soon.

Top Bottom