• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

what. the. fuck. was. that.

Are you fucking kidding me? We went through all that shit for clarke to pull another god damn lever? Really? That's it? We went through this ENTIRE PILE OF AI BULLSHIT FOR CLARKE TO SKIP AROUND IN THE CITY OF LIGHT FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES? That was the most anticlimactic finale I've ever fucking seen holy motherfucking shit.

Pike got his but that was...that was so fucking not what he deserved? It wasn't satisfying in the slightest. And Jaha...what, he's just going to be forgiven now that he's "good" again? This whole thing infuriates me to no end.

And Lexa...jesus motherfucking CHRIST. I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST WATCHED THIS BITCH DIE A SECOND TIME. I DON'T DESERVE THIS, I AM A GOOD PERSON. FUCK ME TO HELL.

She was such a badass. I can't believe she got fucking taken out by a cheap tummy shot. Every scene with her and Clarke this ep broke my cold, icy heart. GOD THAT HUG, I CRIED. FUCk. I knew she was gonna be in the finale so I was holding onto that as something to look forward to and to push me through the rest of the season. But now that she's gone for good, what do I do with my life? I feel like I need to abandon my earthly possessions and travel the globe in search of a purpose.

She swooped back in after being dead, saved Clarke, kicked absolute fucking ass, and helped save everyone in like ten minutes. What a fucking legend.

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH THAT "I LOVE YOU"???? Lexa, I know you're a fucking gay dramatic hoe, don't even try to hide it. You've been pining after this bitch literally since you saw her and all you have to say when she finally admits her feelings is "I'll always be with you"? Not even Jason knows how to properly write his characters.

I need a drink.

P.S. Who the fuck has been teaching Lexa tech lingo? "It's a firewall" as she stands against...a chain link fence. Um, I hate to break it to you, but we all know you don't even know what a fucking lightbulb is, let alone internal computer software. You're not fooling anyone.

P.S.S. So is Clarke commander now or what? Becca called her that and everyone saw her with the flame sooooooooooo

ryan299

What a total shit show this season was. Is every 3rd season of a CW show terrible? Arrow and now this has me worried for season 3 of the Flash.

tumblr_o7gf1mf8sb1vshpo0o2_250.gif

vs.

tumblr_inline_o7ggupQsni1qc7ied_500.gif

what's the difference?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Did anyone else think that Jasper was gonna off himself in that last scene of his? He looked pretty depressed

Same. I was really worried because he went off into the shuttle bay by himself. That would have been super dark.

I'm surprised nobody else liked it. I thought that was a great season finale. Everything in The City of Light was a little too close to The Matrix and there were some plot conveniences, but I was glad that all the characters got a chance to feel useful. Raven opened up the firewall for Clarke, Bellamy & company kept everyone off Clarke, Murphy with the medical assistance, and we even got a more fitting "final" moment for Lexa. I especially liked when ALIE finally got shut down and everyone realized what they had been doing. Very emotional moment.

Very good setup for next season too, with the nuclear facilities going critical. Yeah, it's being told to use at the last moment but it was a nice way of setting up Season 4 and having ALIE make a little more sense at the same time.

I'm very satisfied overall. Only moment in this episode I didn't care for was Octavia killing Pike. I wouldn't quite say that I'm against the fact that she did it, but her earlier attempt plus her doing that being the end of the season felt a little off.

I don't really think that was a good "final moment" for Lexa. It's left open as to what happened to her and, more specifically, the CoL. Was it destroyed? Did Lexa "die" in the fight? (I'm assuming she did but there's no visual confirmation of it). And Clarke still had the flame. Does it still work?

I mean I know she's dead physically but there are too many what ifs to suggest she's gone for good. And that pisses me off. Like...either bring her back or let her go. Stop with this wishy washy bullshit.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't really think that was a good "final moment" for Lexa. It's left open as to what happened to her and, more specifically, the CoL. Was it destroyed? Did Lexa "die" in the fight? (I'm assuming she did but there's no visual confirmation of it). And Clarke still had the flame. Does it still work?

I mean I know she's dead physically but there are too many what ifs to suggest she's gone for good. And that pisses me off. Like...either bring her back or let her go. Stop with this wishy washy bullshit.

Agreed. Way too ambiguous to say she is definitively gone. It is Lexa, I don't think there are many people that are going to be able to take her on in a fight, not to mention she had weapons and they were unarmed (by the looks of it). And I don't know that they would still be after her once Clarke got in. It seemed like it was up to ALIE at that point.

So what happens to the people in The City of Light who don't have bodies to go back to? Are they gone? That's what I want to know.

Grizzlyjin

I love everything about this. I had no idea Emma Caulfield was a fan. And she tweets about Outlander too! They need to hire her for Season 4.

If anyone wonders who Clarke killed, it might've been the thousands of people scaling the outside walls of Polis.

I literally laughed out loud when Clarke was put in the same room with something called "The Kill Switch." Well gee, I wonder how this is going to go.

Did anyone else think that Jasper was gonna off himself in that last scene of his? He looked pretty depressed

They wouldn't be that kind to us.

what. the. fuck. was. that.

Are you fucking kidding me? We went through all that shit for clarke to pull another god damn lever? Really? That's it? We went through this ENTIRE PILE OF AI BULLSHIT FOR CLARKE TO SKIP AROUND IN THE CITY OF LIGHT FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES? That was the most anticlimactic finale I've ever fucking seen holy motherfucking shit.

Pike got his but that was...that was so fucking not what he deserved? It wasn't satisfying in the slightest. And Jaha...what, he's just going to be forgiven now that he's "good" again? This whole thing infuriates me to no end.

And Lexa...jesus motherfucking CHRIST. I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST WATCHED THIS BITCH DIE A SECOND TIME. I DON'T DESERVE THIS, I AM A GOOD PERSON. FUCK ME TO HELL.

She was such a badass. I can't believe she got fucking taken out by a cheap tummy shot. Every scene with her and Clarke this ep broke my cold, icy heart. GOD THAT HUG, I CRIED. FUCk. I knew she was gonna be in the finale so I was holding onto that as something to look forward to and to push me through the rest of the season. But now that she's gone for good, what do I do with my life? I feel like I need to abandon my earthly possessions and travel the globe in search of a purpose.

She swooped back in after being dead, saved Clarke, kicked absolute fucking ass, and helped save everyone in like ten minutes. What a fucking legend.

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH THAT "I LOVE YOU"???? Lexa, I know you're a fucking gay dramatic hoe, don't even try to hide it. You've been pining after this bitch literally since you saw her and all you have to say when she finally admits her feelings is "I'll always be with you"? Not even Jason knows how to properly write his characters.

I need a drink.

P.S. Who the fuck has been teaching Lexa tech lingo? "It's a firewall" as she stands against...a chain link fence. Um, I hate to break it to you, but we all know you don't even know what a fucking lightbulb is, let alone internal computer software. You're not fooling anyone.

P.S.S. So is Clarke commander now or what? Becca called her that and everyone saw her with the flame sooooooooooo

Ahhh hahaha... the episode was worth it just for your response to it.

The kill switch was literally... a switch. Joke's on me for thinking they might go metaphorical. Nope, just a big sci-fi switch.

"You have 30 seconds left, she's stalling Clarke. Just pull it. Pull the switch. .....You have 10 seconds left, are you always this dumb Clarke? Pull the goddamn switch."

Yeah I don't know what was up with the "I chose well"...unless Clarke's mom has some gene therapy tricks up her sleeve, Clarke doesn't have the nightblood and can't ever be commander. Maybe they'll convince Luna to take it next season since the nuclear meltdowns, if they weren't a bluff, affect everyone.

The moment with Clarke and her mom, that felt honest. It was a good scene. And I did enjoy the scenes with Lexa, although...I kinda thought all the commanders would show up to rumble. But don't worry, I'm sure Lexa is still in the Flame. Maybe Raven will rig up a computer interface to it next season. It probably all depends on how busy the actor's schedule is with Fear the Walking Dead.

I swear though, if they forgive Jaha next season...

Sober

Overall though felt really rushed. Like she pulled the kill switch and then we barely had like 5 minutes of the show spinning down. Felt like the show needed at least another 15 minutes to wrap up everything or just wind back down. Nah, Indra's just mid-crucifixion. Jaha feels pain again. Everyone has PTSD especially Jasper and Kane. Monty and Harper are cool but it feels unearned cause it was equally rushed.

The only good part was Octavia basically running Pike through.

I wouldn't even be surprised if next season once again starts with a time skip.

They wouldn't be that kind to us.

Ahhh hahaha... the episode was worth it just for your response to it.

The kill switch was literally... a switch. Joke's on me for thinking they might go metaphorical. Nope, just a big sci-fi switch.

"You have 30 seconds left, she's stalling Clarke. Just pull it. Pull the switch. .....You have 10 seconds left, are you always this dumb Clarke? Pull the goddamn switch."

Yeah I don't know what was up with the "I chose well"...unless Clarke's mom has some gene therapy tricks up her sleeve, Clarke doesn't have the nightblood and can't ever be commander. Maybe they'll convince Luna to take it next season since the nuclear meltdowns, if they weren't a bluff, affect everyone.

The moment with Clarke and her mom, that felt honest. It was a good scene. And I did enjoy the scenes with Lexa, although...I kinda thought all the commanders would show up to rumble. But don't worry, I'm sure Lexa is still in the Flame. Maybe Raven will rig up a computer interface to it next season. It probably all depends on how busy the actor's schedule is with Fear the Walking Dead.

I swear though, if they forgive Jaha next season...

Okay but I don't really think they need a Nightblood to be commander anymore. Like, ALIE's gone. There's really no need for 2.0 other than it helps humanity, but even the Grounders don't know it exists or what it does, so they can't question Clarke's ascension. They just need a competent leader, and they THINK Clarke still had the flame in her, so it's possible they'll just assume that's that and let her lead.

Sober

Okay but I don't really think they need a Nightblood to be commander anymore. Like, ALIE's gone. There's really no need for 2.0 other than it helps humanity, but even the Grounders don't know it exists or what it does, so they can't question Clarke's ascension. They just need a competent leader, and they THINK Clarke still had the flame in her, so it's possible they'll just assume that's that and let her lead.
Not content with simply killing scores of people, Clarke will now order people to their deaths!

Yeah I was thinking the same. The Grounders already see Clarke as powerful and she freed them from ALIE. I just don't get why they'd spend all that time introducing Luna only for her to be a one-off leader we only see for two episodes.

Smoolio

Idk how I feel, wish it was more final for Lexa in some ways, now I'm just going to be hoping forever for her to come back until the show is finished.

Clarke and Baloney would be disgusting.

jwk94

Finale was pretty disappointing and Lexa's arrival was predictable. I thought they'd bring in the other commanders too but oh well. Earth about to go nuclear again was an interesting surprise. Maybe they'll elect to go back into space? i mean, they don't really have any other options, now do they? Anywho, based on that finale, I kinda want it to end with the next season. I don't really feel like there's much else to do after this grandiose story they just tried to tell.

Yep. I thought he'd either shoot himself or Monty again when he said "sorry."

Smoolio

There is an interesting story they could tell; season 5: discovering the peoples of the world, friend and foe, uneasy alliances, stop the meltdown. Season 6: bring peace to/unite the new expanded world, happily ever after.

Now if the main characters for this were Clarke and Lexa. My god the hype. Buuuuut... sadface.

There is an interesting story they could tell; season 5: discovering the peoples of the world, friend and foe, uneasy alliances, stop the meltdown. Season 6: bring peace to/unite the new expanded world, happily ever after.

Now if the main characters for this were Clarke and Lexa. My god the hype. Buuuuut... sadface.

I think this is where they're going season 4. Surely those power plants aren't all in the DC area / east coast US.

I think it's fitting that Clarke becomes commander because then she can preserve Lexa's legacy of peace and protect their people in her stead.

End of the series: Clarke dies, frolics with Lexa in whatever afterlife exists (maybe some other version of the CoL?). All is well.

Smoolio

I think this is where they're going season 4. Surely those power plants aren't all in the DC area / east coast US.

I think it's fitting that Clarke becomes commander because then she can preserve Lexa's legacy of peace and protect their people in her stead.

End of the series: Clarke dies, frolics with Lexa in whatever afterlife exists (maybe some other version of the CoL?). All is well.

Was hoping for this, then they took out the flame. Seems silly if they were going to put it back in. I guess Clarke wanting it so bad that she goes through with a marrow transplant... would actually tug my heart strings, hmmm okay I'm down.

Was hoping for this, then they took out the flame. Seems silly if they were going to put it back in. I guess Clarke wanting it so bad that she goes through with a marrow transplant... would actually tug my heart strings, hmmm okay I'm down.

I mentioned it in an earlier post but I don't think she needs the flame to be commander.

Also are you Clexa trash like me? Am I not alone in my pain anymore?

Joni

It ended too suddenly, but I still liked the finale. It would have been nicer if there was some actual consequence to actually unplugging people, like some people wouldn't survive. It would have made the Becca-Alie struggle more important. Could have easily sacrificed someone like Jaha and Emori at that point. Octavia was cruel, but stupid. They needed Pike to defend against the Grounders, and they needed Pike to help with the meltdowns. Which seems like a good choice for next year, will help them see new parts of the world.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm surprised nobody else liked it. I thought that was a great season finale.

Me too. It was exciting, had some fun stuff in it, some good character moments (and some dumb moments, ofc), and did a good job of setting up next season.

Very good setup for next season too, with the nuclear facilities going critical. Yeah, it's being told to use at the last moment but it was a nice way of setting up Season 4 and having ALIE make a little more sense at the same time.

It feels very much like a final season type set up to me. I mean, nuclear reactors all over the globe are going to meltdown? And make (what was it, 60-80% of) the planet uninhabitable? Once they - literally - save the world, where else can the story go?

I'm very satisfied overall. Only moment in this episode I didn't care for was Octavia killing Pike. I wouldn't quite say that I'm against the fact that she did it, but her earlier attempt plus her doing that being the end of the season felt a little off.

Yeah, that was dumb. Pike was cool and it would have been interesting to see him try to fit in with the new status quo. Also, Octavia was already pretty cold blooded so it's like like it's a major development for her either.

Joni

It feels very much like a final season type set up to me. I mean, nuclear reactors all over the globe are going to meltdown? And make (what was it, 60-80% of) the planet uninhabitable? Once they - literally - save the world, where else can the story go?
Set-up for a new generation I would assume. They are now 'putting out fires', they aren't preparing to settle down.

Thank fuck for that final scene. After the bullshit scene with Bellamy comparing his 'revenge' to O's, and Pike saving her, I really thought they were going to try to redeem him.

RS4-

At least they now have a real excuse to use the radioactive song.

Wasn't a huge fan of the shit Octavia kept on doing as soon as she saw Pike.
Ep needed a few more minutes, but Indra probably dead on the crucifix in the premiere. Or time skip, it'll have Octavia and the grounders at some funeral. Or Bellamy apologizing.

No idea what they'll do with Jaha.

Joni

Wasn't a huge fan of the shit Octavia kept on doing as soon as she saw Pike.

Even at points when it didn't make sense. Cutting Pike and leaving him for the AI zombies doesn't make sense when they are AI zombies instead of actual zombies.

You people didn't like the finale? I actually thought it was quite exciting. I would've preferred if they fleshed out the city of light a bit more and maybe had something else at the end instead of a literal switch. But there were still some very tense moments and I was actually worried about many people dying off. Luckily no one did (which is nice considering how 'hip' it is these days to murder off main characters) and the ending was quite satisfying. Really looking forward to the next season.

As for Lexa, I think they didn't show her final fight on purpose so they have the option to bring her back in some capacity whenever the actress is not busy filming that atrocious walking dead spinoff.

Kind of a messy season finale. Didn't hate it but I wouldn't say it was as good as last years which was freaking great.

Was nice to see Lexa again. Thought Clarke saying I love you was very sweet since I always worried Lexa would be the one to say it and not get it said back. Her just going "I'll always be with you" was cute but then unintentionally hilarious like she was avoiding saying it back (obviously not the case).

Half expected Costia to turn up with her head on and make things awkward with audience track going "oooooh".

Top Bottom