• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
The Oscars I care about are this one...and the last one.

Off to a fantastic start. Go Christoph!

WALTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best performance of 2009 - leading or supporting, male or female. No one tonight deserves an Oscar more than him.

BINGO!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BertramCooper said:
Can't believe everyone hated the opening. Baldwin wasn't that great, but Steve Martin's delivery was out of the ballpark. He should host every year.
?

i can tell you right now that gaf will hate the opening, the middle, the ending, the voting, the lighting, the camera work, the band, and the presenters.

no matter what wins best picture, the initial posts of praise will be overrun by paragraph long rants that demand that people see the movie for the garbage trite that it really is.

you will never see more cynicism than in an OT awards show thread.

Osietra

Banned
Willy105 said:
These jokes are fantastic. Excellent writing.

The audience sells it.
Utterly. That was some really well crafted words.

Its kinda bad that the Precious group are in a cramped space.

Wow, separate intros for all 10 best pictures is going to really drag this thing out. Either they've made some major economies elsewhere or this is going to run way over...

BowieZ

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
?

i can tell you right now that gaf will hate the opening, the middle, the ending, the voting, the lighting, the camera work, the band, and the presenters.

no matter what wins best picture, the initial posts of praise will be overrun by paragraph long rants that demand that people see the movie for the garbage trite that it really is.

you will never see more cynicism than in an OT awards show thread.
I barely cracked a smile during the whole thing. I've cacked up laughing before at other Oscar openings. Especially Chris Rock/Jon Stewart.

Wes

venison crêpe
Gary Whitta said:
Wow, separate intros for all 10 best pictures is going to really drag this thing out. Either they've made some major economies elsewhere or this is going to run way over...

Are they performing all the songs live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom