• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Osietra said:
Utterly. That was some really well crafted words.

Its kinda bad that the Precious group are in a cramped space.
I don't think they were in a cramped space...
They're just some damn big people.

Aesius said:
I still can't believe The Blind Side got nominated.

This John Lee Hancock guy got the break of his life.
The "break" you speak of came after the movie already made more than $200m at the box office, the nomination was just the icing on the cake.

D23

-COOLIO- said:
?

i can tell you right now that gaf will hate the opening, the middle, the ending, the voting, the lighting, the camera work, the band, and the presenters.

no matter what wins best picture, the initial posts of praise will be overrun by paragraph long rants that demand that people see the movie for the garbage trite that it really is.

you will never see more cynicism than in an OT awards show thread.

couldnt agree more.. :lol
oh iPAD commercial

Dead said:
wow Blind Side looks awful

conserva-christian movie total :lol
It's a movie with a positive message about doing charitable things for people less fortunate than yourself, sorry if that's not edgy or cool enough for you.

harSon

Banned
Still can't believe Sandra Bullock was nominated for best actress, she wasn't terrible but they had no business nominating her for it. Goes to show how weak a year it was at a single performance level, at least in comparison to past years.

...Did anyone grab a screen of (who I think was) David Linden's face during Christoph Waltz's speech? What the hell was that :lol?

(I take back the lol face if it's a medical condition or something like that.)

Wes

venison crêpe
harSon said:
Still can't believe Sandra Bullock was nominated for best actor, she wasn't terrible but it had they had no business nominating her for it. Goes to show how weak a year it was at a single performance level, at least in comparison to past years.

Better luck next time then Bridges. Sandra has it sewn up.

pringles

Gary Whitta said:
Wow, separate intros for all 10 best pictures is going to really drag this thing out. Either they've made some major economies elsewhere or this is going to run way over...
Who cares. It's 3 AM here and I wouldn't mind it if the show was 5 hours long.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Big Baybee said:
I know, right

Well, to be fair, I probably should have posted "The Sandra Bullock Story of Gee Golly, Sandra Bullock Sure is Great" because the husband was white too, and could have been replaced by a purse in this movie.

edit:

Chichikov said:
The book is pretty great.

That it was.

Gryphter said:
Gary, was Book of Eli released in time for this year's Oscars or will it be eligible for next years?
It came out this year so it's eligible for next year. I would like to see it nominated for best soundtrack, Atticus really deserves it for the work he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom