• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Shard said:
:lol at the notion that Avatar had a shot at the big awards.
Seriously. The ONLY ones it took were Golden Globes - Hurt Locker swept the guilds and everything else. Anyone surprised wasn't paying attention.

Bigelow is gorgeous. Cameron traded down big time.

GhaleonEB said:
Heh.

The only surprising ones were the sound and screenplay categories. Everything else was utterly predictable.

They need to chop this show to 2 hours next year. Good lord.

I am a heretic no more.

Back to sandbagging for Jimmy.

James%20Cameron-1.JPG

The Hurt Loser.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Guess I need to watch The Hurt Locker.

Was really surprised how quickly they just presented Best Picture, seemed like a joke at first!

stupei

harSon said:
I could be wrong but The Hurt Locker is probably one of the least deserving films to acquire so many nominations and wins. It's a good movie but not 6 wins and 9 nominations good.

You do know that Crash won Best Picture, right?

Fakto

Ok, thats it, I'm going to sleep. Sad, really sad :(

EDIT: .... /raaaaggeeeee ... Tarantino got robbed ... AGAIN !

watched hurt locker last night and it was AMAZING. Avatar did not deserve the big award as its been retold so many damn times that it was just boring besides the effects.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
harSon said:
I could be wrong but The Hurt Locker is probably one of the least deserving films to acquire so many nominations and wins. It's a good movie but not 6 wins and 9 nominations good.

I still haven't seen it myself, but the very first words I heard about the movie, when I had literally not even heard the name of the movie before, were that it should win best picture. Every time I've heard anybody speaking about it, has been completely glowing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
It's nice to see a bunch of indie guys get the BP oscar but i really didnt see what all the excitement was about with the Hurt Locker.

Dresden

So it was The Hurt Locker. Congratulations to Bigelow, I'd bone her.

So much for a surprise Tarentino win.

And I'm so glad I didn't put any cash down this year, I thought Avatar was going to take it.

Nice nice. Obviously the ones I would've liked to see win (Up, IB, Up in the Air) had no chance, but good job Bigelow and The Hurt Locker.

Pretty good ceremony this year! Avatar won for the things it deserved, Up did as well, etc. See you all next year!

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
The Academy doesn't want to recognize CG just yet. Because they know CG is going to put them out of business. Basic elitism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom