• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Slumdog Millionare history repetas.
THL winning direction and best picture is good, but the teachnicals and script also? when they were better movies and I dont mean Avatar?
Thats what I hate.

For the other part, the best thing of the night for me was Cristopher Waltz getting the Oscar for Hans Landa and FUCKING AWESOME GIACCHINO getting the oscar for up.

Giacchino you are incredible!
At last you have recognition you deserved.

giacchino.jpg

pringles

Gotta say that was an awesome Academy Awards.

Only award that was a joke was Bullock's. I'm fine with Hurt Locker taking Best Picture. Great movie. Probably 2nd only to Moon for me, but sadly that wasn't even nominated.
Also, the Avatar-fangirls are so annoying that I didn't really want Avatar to take too many awards.

Canova

Banned
Solideliquid said:
I honestly can't understand how people can think Hurt Locker is a better movie than Inglorious B or District 9...

no it's not, but as long as somebody beats Avatar I'm happy

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
GhaleonEB said:
Seriously. The ONLY ones it took were Golden Globes - Hurt Locker swept the guilds and everything else. Anyone surprised wasn't paying attention.
Stated time and again, but you know GAF - gotta take a side and run with it til the bitter end.

ronito

I rather liked the two host thing. They did a good job and it kept it from having one person having to carry the whole show.

h3ro

Wish Tarentino and Basterds got more love. Great film.

I'm gonna check out Hurt Locker. Hadn't even heard of it before tonight.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
DevelopmentArrested said:
which means nothing to Oscars. But go on tearing.

Academy gets it right woooooo
which means nothing to highest grossing movie of all time, but go on tearing.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Really, no one is going to make fun of her dedicating the 8th award to the men in uniform, realizing she sounded like a broken record and going..

"uh, firemen"

Come on :lol

Calcaneus

Wasn't my choice, but rather it than Avatar.

I would feel bad for Cameron if he didn't have enough money to buy every Oscar statue in existence.

harSon

Banned
They picked a good year to release The Hurt Locker, it probably would have failed to get nominated, let alone win the various categories it did tonight in past years. Still glad Bigelow won best director, I'm all for shattering glass ceilings.

Montresor

If Quentin was ever gonna win an oscar for either best picture or best director, it was gonna be this year. I'm miffed that Inglourious Basterds didn't get an award for either, dammit. =(

kaskade

As much as I was rooting for something other than The Hurt Locker to win I knew it was going to happen. I have no idea how it won for sound stuff. I thought that was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom