• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
HiResDes said:
ESPN really fucked me over, I had Louisville originally only winning one game, until they convinced me that they were a lock for the Sweet Sixteen basically. Also fuck Xavier, and that's coming an alumni.

Sucker.

Also, lamest day 2, ever!

HiResDes

Ihateyouchris said:
I graduated a few years ago. Go rams!
I'm really good friends with Rob Brandenberg, a really good Freshmen guard that comes off the bench...I should have picked them, now I feel stupid.

Silkworm

HiResDes said:
ESPN really fucked me over, I had Louisville originally only winning one game, until they convinced me that they were a lock for the Sweet Sixteen basically. Also fuck Xavier, and that's coming an alumni.
Twas the curse of Tom Crean :p Since CBS put him on as an analyst and he talked to Wade today, Marquette was a lock to win ;-) But I was rooting for Xavier :-(

HiResDes said:
thing is, everyone had us going to the sweet sixteen, unless they are a UK fan, because thats where we should have went, but we sucked

dabig2

Elfforkusu said:
Illinois upsets KU and then cruises past the 12/13 into the elite 8! WOOHOOOO!!!

Orange kool aid for everyone!

I'd just be happy if the Illini can beat Bill Self and Kansas. They can get blown out the round after for all I care. Just beat Self.

dabig2 said:
I'd just be happy if the Illini can beat Bill Self and Kansas. They can get blown out the round after for all I care. Just beat Self.
Completely agree.

I think we'll get smoked, but I've been wrong before.
many times

jakncoke

Banned
lol ncaa.com putting upset on the illinois game. I know they a lower seed. but history shows 9's beat 8 more often than not. so i disagree with calling that an upset

jakncoke said:
lol ncaa.com putting upset on the illinois game. I know they a lower seed. but history shows 9's beat 8 more often than not. so i disagree with calling that an upset

UNLV was the favorite in the spread, so it is an "upset".

Silkworm

I guess Anthony Grant started something at VCU that's still going strong. Still if Chris Wright hadn't gotten injured, perhaps things for Georgetown would have turned out a lot better in the tournament. I know he's back and playing but obviously things aren't the same as they were before his injury.

jakncoke

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
Did you not watch any VCU in the Colonial or the play-in game? They're a great team. I have them to the S16!!!

or rather did you watch G'town in the regular season. simply not that good a team.

jakncoke said:
or rather did you watch G'town in the regular season. simply not that good a team.

I don't care who VCU was matched up against I was picking them...as I did with Morehead State(I was scared of Louisville...thought they were a F4 team for sure) because they really impressed me when I watched them play.

ErasureAcer said:
Did you not watch any VCU in the Colonial or the play-in game? They're a great team. I have them to the S16!!!
No, I haven't watched a lot of VCU. Even so, it's surprising to see GTown get run off the floor.

Oh crap, Gus Johnson is doing the Syracuse/Indiana St game. Please let this go down to the wire!

bluemax said:
That Michigan St fucla final is kind of misleading.
Bull. Had State had any timeouts left at the end they may well have won.

UCLA was the vastly superior team for 30 minutes. MSU was in another league over the final 10.

ryan-ts

That Odum kid for Indiana State is the man, season numbers don't look too good until you see the second half of his season is beastly.

Silkworm

andycapps said:
Georgia on life support here, need a big play and some stops coming out of this TO.
Would be nice if the SEC could keep one more team in the dance *sigh*. Oh well, hopefully UF and UK can advance to the sweet 16.

jakncoke

Banned
random: Looking through Syracuse wiki page, it seems Syracuse 43-44 season was nuked. Anyone know what?

Edit: nvm found answer. all Syracuse teams were cancelled that year because of WW2

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ErasureAcer said:

U of Richmond > VCU

Elfforkusu said:
Completely agree.

I think we'll get smoked, but I've been wrong before.
many times

I hope you're wrong but sadly probably not. I think this team used up all it's good tournament mojo in today's game. That said, I hope we at least keep it closer than Boston U did today and make the toupee'd bastard sweat a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom