• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

this is fucking ridiculous. WVU is fouling and setting moving screens every time down and they don't call a damn thing.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
claviertekky said:
A blurb from the NIT side of things: Northwestern won its second round game, a first in school history.

Good stuff. You guys return everyone but Thompson right? Maybe you can use a big NIT run to carry over momentum for a second place finish in the Big 10 next year....right behind Michigan. :)

jakncoke

Banned
bluehat9 said:
This game's over. So long Kentucky and so long to my bracket.

whut-ian.jpg

clav

jakncoke said:
Yes indeed. It does show the basketball program has made progress.

Brian Fellows said:
Good stuff. You guys return everyone but Thompson right? Maybe you can use a big NIT run to carry over momentum for a second place finish in the Big 10 next year....right behind Michigan. :)

It's going to be a difficult shoe to fill-in with Thompson gone for next season. I don't know what will happen.

As for Michigan, way to keep moving and what a turnabout season. As for Duke, well, good luck.

jakncoke

Banned
Still boggles my mind you guys never managed to get a bid yet. But yeah you have improved. on kenpom short history this year was your highest ranking

clav

bluehat9 said:
This game's over. So long Kentucky and so long to my bracket.
There's still a second half.

jakncoke said:
Still boggles my mind you guys never managed to get a bid yet. But yeah you have improved. on kenpom short history this year was your highest ranking

Northwestern's sports are cursed worse than the Chicago Cub's chances for a run to the World Series.

bill0527

Terribly called game. Just atrocious.

But you usually get one of those during the tourney and the great teams find a way to overcome it.

iamblades

This is quite possibly the worst ref screwjob I've seen in some time.

WVU is running moving screens on every goddamn play with no call, Kentucky getting every crappy little inadvertant touch foul called. Total bullshit.

Pollux

CriginsMcJuggs said:
I mean other than the one against Harrellson it hasn't looked that bad to me, their callin all kinds of stuff on us

Hardly. Over half the fouls against UK are barely fouls, and WVU is setting moving screens like its their job.

zmoney said:

Clearly you're not actually watching the game...

Clearly , I am. And its not the point. Call has the talent now he has to actually "coach" his team to play in the environment they're in. This is where he always fails. I've said it before back when he was back in Memphis, he doesn't coach fundamentals and he runs a gimmick drive and kick offense that fails when his team can't out-"athlete" you or bury a bunch of threes.

iamblades

CriginsMcJuggs said:
I mean other than the one against Harrellson it hasn't looked that bad to me, their callin all kinds of stuff on us

Jones' second foul was bullshit as well, he had legal position and his hands were straight up, the guy jumped into him. The hood foul at the end was bullshit for a play where guys were diving allover the floor, could have called that on 5 different players for both teams, thats a situation you have to let them play.

As far as the tickytack bullshit, that has gone both ways a bit, but you can't argue all the missed moving screens WVU has been doing.

On one play the big guy just ran over brandon knight, leaving his man wide open for 3, no call. Not like he was just moving his feet a bit when he set the pick, he just ran right over him.

Kentucky is playing alright but their defense gets broken down just a little too much to my liking. The key is gonna be fouls in the second half. Whoever gets to the line more will probably win. With all that said...Kentucky better win...I have them to the Final Four.

SamuraiX-

Kentucky's winning this game. They really are the better team.

And honestly I don't care that this will fuck my bracket, Kentucky deserves this win if they keep playing with this intensity in the 2nd half.

bill0527 said:
Kentucky is pretty good when the refs aren't blowing the whistle for touch fouls.

The Cats are GREAT when they get to do "their thing" when they don't they have problems because they have nothing to fall back on.They should win this game by around 8-10 points.

iamblades

bill0527 said:
Kentucky is pretty good when the refs aren't blowing the whistle for touch fouls.

As bad as the refs were the first half, we could have still been winning if we didn't panic when the bad calls started to stack up. That's youth for you though.

Hopefully the calls are better the second half, and we calm down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom