• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

truly101 said:
I don't think it matters who we play vs Texas/Arizona, it will not be easy either way

The analysts seem to think Texas will be a really tough matchup for Duke but I'm not sure I agree. Texas is really tough but their strength (interior defense) won't directly hinder Duke. Texas doesn't score a lot and while they are a tough draw as a 4 seed, I think it's a favorable matchup in styles.

I don't think it's a surprise, given the season's theme, but it's pretty clear that there isn't the typical huge gap between the top teams and the mid-tier. Pitt lost and both Duke & UNC could have lost had one shot gone a different way. Duke and UNC were basically playing home games only an hour or two from campus.

Pollux

Bowser said:
As have we. Marshall and Barnes are 10x better today then they were against UK.

Let's wait and see...it would be a hell of a game.

dude that was a lucky bounce on that three by GM

xnipx

how is sullinger rated so high? he's less athletic than z-bo he should be getting his shit swatted every time when he gets drafted

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
SyNapSe said:
The analysts seem to think Texas will be a really tough matchup for Duke but I'm not sure I agree. Texas is really tough but their strength (interior defense) won't directly hinder Duke. Texas doesn't score a lot and while they are a tough draw as a 4 seed, I think it's a favorable matchup in styles.

I don't think it's a surprise, given the season's theme, but it's pretty clear that there isn't the typical huge gap between the top teams and the mid-tier. Pitt lost and both Duke & UNC could have lost had one shot gone a different way. Duke and UNC were basically playing home games only an hour or two from campus.

I get what you're saying, but Duke playing in Charlotte, particularly following a UNC game is NEVER a home game.

Pollux

xnipx said:
how is sullinger rated so high? he's less athletic than z-bo he should be getting his shit swatted every time when he gets drafted

kanter ate his lunch at the nike hoops summit.

ryan-ts

Elfforkusu said:
GMU is toast.

C'mon, we just watched Michigan battle back from 15 down...let's not jump to conclusions.

zmoney said:

kanter ate his lunch at the nike hoops summit.

Kanter isn't much of an athletic specimen either, Sullinger is definitely going to have his hands full in the NBA. I'm not ready to say he'll be a bust but it will be difficult for him to be a high impact player.

xnipx said:

Z-bo is averaging 20-13 so you don't have to be tall or athletic to dominate in the post.

But I do agree that he's an overrated prospect.

Pollux

ryan-ts said:
Kanter isn't much of an athletic specimen either, Sullinger is definitely going to have his hands full in the NBA. I'm not ready to say he'll be a bust but it will be difficult for him to be a high impact player.

Kanter is the best center in this class

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lots of late games today. I'm usually not big on conference pride and whatnot, especially if it involves UNC but it will be nice if FSU wins and we get 3 teams in the Sweet 16, that would equal the big east I think.

ryan-ts

zmoney said:
Kanter is the best center in this class

So? He's not an athletic specimen and he's not going to be a dominate defensive player at the next level. He's also mentioned his passion for playing the power forward position rather than centre.

xnipx

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Z-bo is averaging 20-13 so you don't have to be tall or athletic to dominate in the post.

But I do agree that he's an overrated prospect.
But z Bo is MORE athletic than sullinger. He's lighter and has quicker feet/plays smarter. Sullinger reminds me more of big baby with his chubby goofiness

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Well, there goes my early evening plans.

I had hoped Villanova would beat GMU because I thought they might actually show up for a game against OSU. They probably would have gotten crushed, too.

thefro

ryan-ts said:
At least Ohio State is getting their perfect game right now instead of later in the tournament.

Their weakness (besides FT shooting and not a ton of depth) is that they kinda coast and then only turn it on when they need it. When they're hitting their 3s they're more or less unbeatable.

Anno

Pretty hyped right now. Unfortunately Thad is just as good at playing to the level of competition as Tres is, so I expect the second half to be pretty boring. When Deebler is on and Craft is at his best OSU is as close to unbeatable as anyone in this tournament. Still taking Duke over them in the Final Four.

ryan-ts

thefro said:
Their weakness (besides FT shooting and not a ton of depth) is that they kinda coast and then only turn it on when they need it. When they're hitting their 3s they're more or less unbeatable.

I know the Buckeyes, I've watched them against Michigan three times and watched both losses. They're beatable but without question, the three point line needs to be a priority on defense for their opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom