• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proelite

Anno said:
Pretty hyped right now. Unfortunately Thad is just as good at playing to the level of competition as Tres is, so I expect the second half to be pretty boring. When Deebler is on and Craft is at his best OSU is as close to unbeatable as anyone in this tournament. Still taking Duke over them in the Final Four.

If we get to play Ohio State in the final four, I will be thrilled and would be confident in the match-up, win or lose. Our team always seemed to play worse against out-matched teams.

We'll lose to Arizona or Texas, but if we play Uconn, I like our chances.

giga

The only reason I even visit deadspin these days are for their cheerleader pics.

kansas_cheerleaders_9.jpg

Fjordson

Yeah, Ohio ST. game is kind of dull right now. But I'll be damned if Gus Johnson isn't my favourite play-by-play announcer. So good.

Wow. Lighty 7 for 7 with 3's.

SamuraiX-

Arizona is stroking it from downtown.

Then they're locking down Texas on the other end.

This one will be a walkaway if Hamilton and Thompson don't step it up for the Longhorns.

Let's go Zona. I need a win to make up for my George Mason pick. I'm disgusted that the best I can be after today is 12th place. I moved up every day and now I'm going the wrong direction.

chuckddd said:
Shoulda gone for the whole 2 weeks, bro. It's not looking good.

yeah...pretty much the same story as last year. If we played anyone better than Oakland in the first round, we would have lost. If only a basketball season ended in early February

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bowser said:
Wow, OSU is looking scary good. I hope they shot their 3pt shooting wad today though...

The way they are playing now, nobody can beat them....maybe KU since they have dependable size. From an objective point of view I wouldn't mind a KU/TOSU championship game.

SamuraiX-

Purdue has to be the worst 3 seed in this tournament. Mother of God.

If they manage to pull this game out, Notre Dame is gonna stomp dat ass so bad.

Bowser

Derrick Williams pulled the spin move and fell over just like when you tried to do the fancy crossover stuff with Shaq in NBA Street back in the day :jakncoke

SyNapSe said:
Saw that on the scores. Are they as on fire as the first game? Man, that first game they were banging the 3's in like crazy.

They've made a few. Rozell, the guy who went off last game, has hit a couple. Burgess has hit one. Skeen was on the bench the last 10 minutes or so with 2 fouls too. For Purdue, Ryne Smith has lead Purdue with some 3's but he's cooled off a bit I guess. E'Twuan has been a ghost. JaJuan has played decent.

SamuraiX-

Jeez, Derrick Williams is so terrible.

Bricks two free throws that could have given them a two-possession lead and then tries to draw a trademark Kevin Durant foul.

Ugh.

SamuraiX- said:
Jeez, Derrick Williams is so terrible.

Bricks two free throws that could have given them a two-possession lead and then tries to draw a trademark Kevin Durant foul.

Ugh.

Someone will regret taking him high.

Dude is David West at best...I'm not sure if he even gets close to that.

SamuraiX-

Knux-Future said:
Someone will regret taking him high.

Dude is David West at best...I'm not sure if he even gets close to that.

David West has size, a post game, and a mid-range shot.

Derrick Williams gets the majority of his points from drawing fouls and driving to the basket.

That's gonna stop in the NBA when refs swallow their whistles for rookies and interior defenses aren't sponsored by Charmin.

Oh, and what an epic choke job by Arizona. Fucking shit.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
VCU is for real. I like their cheerleaders and my bracket is dead anyways, so I don't mind them sticking around.

FSU has great cheerleaders, as well.

Butler's are pretty awful. Is Butler a Catholic school or something?

SamuraiX- said:
David West has size, a post game, and a mid-range shot.

Derrick Williams gets the majority of his points from drawing fouls and driving to the basket.

That's gonna stop in the NBA when refs swallow their whistles for rookies and interior defenses aren't sponsored by Charmin.

Oh, and what an epic choke job by Arizona. Fucking shit.

Williams has a pretty good jumper tho but yeah the dude is a tweener and not even a good one right now.

I'm not saying he can't be good in the league but all I see is a bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom