• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knux-Future said:
True this draft might be legendary in it's shittyness but then again we say this every year.

But this year might match 2000.

I think Irving and Valanciunas can be all-stars, but everyone else is a fringe starter.

Drakken

Way to walk the ball up the court when you only have seconds left. If you hadn't been so nonchalant, your team would have had time for a put-back.

Tapiozona

Banned
Drakken said:
Way to walk the ball up the court when you only have seconds left. If you hadn't been so nonchalant, your team would have had time for a put-back.

This. Refs may have even been more inclined to call a foul if theres still 5 seconds left on the clock.

minimexc

Neo Member
4 second call and no foul at the end? Feeling for Longhorn fans too.

Have to wonder why Texas called that timeout instead of just getting fouled and potentially sealing the game. And why did Brown walk the ball up with 9.2 seconds left? Run it up there and if you miss, give your team a chance for a put back! Barnes is a nice coach, but he needs to do a better job of teaching game management.

eznark

Banned
Bowser said:
Wow, way to swallow the whistle refs...Texas robbed.
WbHXX.jpg

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I think Irving and Valanciunas can be all-stars, but everyone else is a fringe starter.

You've been posting about this guy a lot lately?

I have no clue about euros but is he any good? The Jazz don't really need another soft big guy who shoots jumpers.

Bowser

truly101 said:
you mad about Marquette

What? I'm not. I'd like Marquette to win :|

I just wanted Texas to win because it seems like Zona's bench players had the games of their lives and there's no way they repeat it :/

Tapiozona

Banned
Bowser said:
What? I'm not. I'd like Marquette to win :|

I just wanted Texas to win because it seems like Zona's bench players had the games of their lives and there's no way they repeat it :/

Ya, we're not a deep team by any means. But to balance our great bench today, we had our star have probably his worst game of the year (minus the game winner of course).

exarkun

wtf happened in the Texas game? I turned that shit off at 30 seconds with them having the ball and being up by two points. What happened?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Tapiozona said:
Ya, we're not a deep team by any means. But to balance our great bench today, we had our star have probably his worst game of the year (minus the game winner of course).

If you saw how we squandered a 16 pt lead in the 2nd half you'd know you have no reason to worry

SyNapSe

exarkun said:
wtf happened in the Texas game? I turned that shit off at 30 seconds with them having the ball and being up by two points. What happened?

the failboat was just launching at that time

Bowser

exarkun said:

Texas got called for a 4 second violation (no way that was 5 seconds), then Williams hit a circus shot while getting fouled and drained the FT. Brown then proceeds to walk the ball up, take it to the rim, miss, Texas rebounds and may or may not have been fouled, but refs don't call anything and Arizona wins.

Knux-Future said:
You've been posting about this guy a lot lately?

I have no clue about euros but is he any good? The Jazz don't really need another soft big guy who shoots jumpers.

His defensive rebounding rate is near Love and Dwight and he's shooting 70% from the field and 92% from the line and scoring a point every two minutes on the court. 7'6 wingspan as well. I think he has a chance to be great especially with his awesome intangibles. He does play limited minutes though with foul issues.

giga

exarkun said:
Texas got called for a 5 second violation (no way that was 4 seconds), then Williams hit a circus shot while getting fouled and drained the FT. Brown then proceeds to walk the ball up, take it to the rim, miss, Texas rebounds, and game ends.

Bowser

giga said:
Texas got called for a 5 second violation (no way that was 4 seconds), then Williams hit a circus shot while getting fouled and drained the FT. Brown then proceeds to walk the ball up, take it to the rim, miss, Texas rebounds, and game ends.

There was no way that Texas player held the ball for 5 seconds without at least getting the timeout off in time.

Bowser

Talon

Seems like Purdue really misses Barlow's defense on the perimeter.

And VCU is playing out of their minds. Shit, Seniors, get your act together.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I never forgave Eric Maynor, may he burn in hell, so I should want Purdue to win. Surprised at the beatdown. Jay Bilas must have really ticked em off

SamuraiX-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
His defensive rebounding rate is near Love and Dwight and he's shooting 70% from the field and 92% from the line and scoring a point every two minutes on the court. 7'6 wingspan as well. I think he has a chance to be great especially with his awesome intangibles. He does play limited minutes though with foul issues.

So he basically has the potential to be the euro version of Hasheem Thabeet.

Awesome.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
I hope Marquette wins this game.

I think Syracuse has the better chance of going farther in the tournament, which would look better for the Big East (especially with Pitt's early departure). However, I hate Syracuse.

Bowser said:
There was no way that Texas player held the ball for 5 seconds without at least getting the timeout off in time.
It was a legit 5 second violation. You can't call a timeout after the 4th second and on replays you can clearly see the ref counting out to 4 before Joseph signaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom