• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

Selby: Honestly, stop playing him. I get it, he could bust out of his shell and help us in a later game but he should have been played before this point if that were the goal.

Gus Johnson just gusjohnsoned that crap out of that game. Congrats, Warriors!

As for the Illini game, that half went a lot better than I expected. I still don't think we can chain together 40 minutes of solid basketball, so we're probably screwed, but so far so... okay I guess.

That was the worst half we have played in quite some time and we are only down 4. That is fucking HUGE. If we can keep it close Kansas are going to keep feeling the pressure mount. I love how quiet that place was for the final 10 minutes.

If our 3's start falling and we don't shit the bed on defense we just might pull something off here.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Illinois played fucking terrible and are only down 4 somehow.

If McCamey bothers to dress for this game, they should have a chance.

eznark

Banned
Wisconsin v. Marquette Championship Game!

5vP24.gif

Outdoor Miner said:
That was the worst half we have played in quite some time and we are only down 4. That is fucking HUGE. If we can keep it close Kansas are going to keep feeling the pressure mount. I love how quiet that place was for the final 10 minutes.

If our 3's start falling and we don't shit the bed on defense we just might pull something off here.
ggnoobIGN said:
Illinois played fucking terrible and are only down 4 somehow.

If McCamey bothers to dress for this game, they should have a chance.
I don't know if it's entirely fair to say we played awful -- we weren't great, but the defense was solid and Mike Davis was in beast mode.

You're right about McCamey, though. He has to dominate for us to even think about an upset.

JohnsonUT

Outdoor Miner said:
It was a legit 5 second violation. You can't call a timeout after the 4th second and on replays you can clearly see the ref counting out to 4 before Joseph signaled.

This is late, but I wanted to correct this. No such rule exists. For whatever reason, the studio guy made this up and then they later corrected it. It simply was super fast 5 second call.

JohnsonUT said:
5544773843_1b5f46541f.jpg

Nobody has been able to verify the rule ever existed yet.
Interesting!

I actually checked the rule book and could find no such thing, FWIW.

Back to my "Zona gifted win by refs" stance, I suppose

SamuraiX-

Jeez, Notre Dame looks like shit coming out of the gate.

They better win tonight otherwise I lose another one of my Final Four teams. :(

Check that, they better fucking win because I have them in the championship game. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Mrbob

Elfforkusu said:
Big East sucks, shouldn't have had 11 teams, joke conference, etc

Pitino was sitting two seats away and glowering at him. It was amazing.

Haha damn I wish I would have seen this.

The only problem with Chuck trolling is the 11th team in from the Big East is now in the Sweet 16, so you could argue depth!

SamuraiX- said:

I lose my championship team if they lose but I don't really care. Would much prefer a guaranteed cinderella in the F4 with the 9-12 seeds. Illinois has to win though...so maybe that's far fetched.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Randolph Freelander said:
I knew I couldn't trust Syracuse.

I remember seeing the pairings thinking if UNC got past UW that Syracuse would be big trouble for them...I knew then Syracuse had a good chance to choke, even said so a few posts back. So of the the Big Least elite only ND and Ucon are left....

Robot 492

Banned
SamuraiX- said:

Check that, they better fucking win because I have them in the championship game. :(:(:(:(:(:(
Heh, so do I. I'm so happy all of my final four teams are still alive (for now) -- Ohio State, Duke, ND, Florida.

Syracuse and Purdue losing fucked my bracket up, though.

jakncoke

Banned
Elfforkusu said:
Big East sucks, shouldn't have had 11 teams, joke conference, etc

Pitino was sitting two seats away and glowering at him. It was amazing.

I wonder what he'd say if someone ask him how many should of actually went and where those should have went.

ryan-ts

I like to think Michigan's earlier performance gave these other teams a confidence boost. Go Illinois and go Florida State!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom