• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked... my Western and Eastern brackets are near perfect, but the SouthWest is on trouble and my SouthEast...

let's not talk about my SouthEast bracket, ok?

Tapiozona

Banned
truly101 said:
If you saw how we squandered a 16 pt lead in the 2nd half you'd know you have no reason to worry

Just like we did. I think you guys are a much better team than we are. If we win, it's was a great game for us, that day. Duke would take a series against us, no problem. We rely too much on Williams.

But who knows, anything can happen. The last time we played I think we had a MUCH better team on paper, but you guys still won.

I hope you guys weren't dumb enough to expect Purdue to beat VCU. Seriously, stop underestimating the CAA. They are very top heavy (ODU, GMU, VCU). VCU has so far annihilated their opponents (these so called big name schools) by double digits.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

B.S. 1998

3207.jpg

Bowser

Outdoor Miner said:
It was a legit 5 second violation. You can't call a timeout after the 4th second and on replays you can clearly see the ref counting out to 4 before Joseph signaled.

Guess I don't know the rules then, I don't understand why you can't call a timeout if the ref has only counted to 4?

Kalnos

Banned
Bowser said:
Guess I don't know the rules then, I don't understand why you can't call a timeout if the ref has only counted to 4?

Apparently you can't call a timeout in the final second, I.E. 4 -> 5

I'm serious too, they talked about that specifically. I never knew that until today and I've been watching for 15 years.

HiResDes

Well I had Purdue losing, but that was to Georgetown lol. I feel like such an ass, I had every insider tip in the world to pick VCU to go far, and I didn't want to take the risks. I let ESPN goad me into putting Louisville into the sweet 16. I decided to take a risk on Syracuse and Texas going far because I thought they were both quite talented. Fuck it, next year I'm just going to pick every team that I'd think lose. My bracket is looking that bad.

Shin Dynamo X said:
I hope you guys weren't dumb enough to expect Purdue to beat VCU.

I picked VCU over Purdue in my bracket. Shit, they might just beat my national champ pick Notre Dame(if they get by FSU). Richmond vs. VCU would be an epic battle for a trip to the F4.

SamuraiX- said:
So he basically has the potential to be the euro version of Hasheem Thabeet.

Awesome.

Uh, no? He's nothing like Thabeet at all. Thabeet was a terrible rebounder, scored way fewer points, and on worse efficiency. Thabeet also entered the draft at 26 (Valanciunas will be 19) and had terrible intangibles. Thabeet also had terrible feet and BBIQ which are Valanciunas best attributes other than his hands. Thabeet's only strength was shot blocking and that's Valanciunas' main weakness at this point. I don't see the comparison at all. His main comparison are Joakim Noah and contract year Tyson Chandler.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ErasureAcer said:
I picked VCU over Purdue in my bracket. Shit, they might just beat my national champ pick Notre Dame(if they get by FSU). Richmond vs. VCU would be an epic battle for a trip to the F4.

by epic you mean a 33-22 final, then yes.

jobber said:
VCU/U of Richmond rematch in the tournament plz. Spiders gonna expose em again.

Expose who? Richmond was at home, so they better freaking win. Either way, the 804 is representing for real.

You will realize that this is NOT THE SAME TEAM.

DarkWish

Did I just hear the VCU pep band start playing Requiem for a Dream? Oh yea, it's on. And yea, a VCU vs. Richmond match would be epic.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Bowser said:

Yeah, the rule is you can't call a timeout once the ref counts to 4.

They were talking about it in the studio. The ref clearly counts to four, then the guy tried to call timeout. Turnover.

So...for everybody that is saying that it wasn't a five second violation, I guess it wasn't really a five second violation. The ref never did count to five.

Bowser

Kalnos said:
Apparently you can't call a timeout in the final second, I.E. 4 -> 5

I'm serious too, they talked about that specifically. I never knew that until today and I've been watching for 15 years.

Yeah, you're right. I think that's pretty dumb. If you haven't reached 5 seconds yet and you have the timeout, you should be able to use it.

ezrarh

As a cuse fan I'm not liking the fact that gus johnson is calling this game. Normally I like him, but this is gonna end up being a nailbiter.

jakncoke

Banned
ErasureAcer said:

yup

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Shin Dynamo X said:
Expose who? Richmond was at home, so they better freaking win. Either way, the 804 is representing for real.

You will realize that this is NOT THE SAME TEAM.

if they play again, VCU would be the home team

(I have no idea how that happened since VCU was an at-large seed and U of Richmond won the conference tourney & better record)

SyNapSe

Brandon Paul may have hit the crazier 3 I've ever seen. It went incredibly high, hit the rim again and dropped in. One of those things you could try a million times and never do again

VCU would beat Richmond in a rematch...believe that. George Mason beat us by nearly 20 at our house, and we came back and knocked them out of the conference tourney for the 3rd year in the row.

Oh yeah, VCU responds very well when it comes to getting revenge. You guys will be hearing bout these boys all week, so get ready.

SamuraiX-

Shin Dynamo X said:
VCU would beat Richmond in a rematch...believe that. George Mason beat us by nearly 20 at our house, and we came back and knocked them out of the conference tourney for the 3rd year in the row.

Oh yeah, VCU responds very well when it comes to getting revenge. You guys will be hearing bout these boys all week, so get ready.

You're cute.

I wonder if you're gonna be here when they lose.

Tisdale is so useless...

And I swear to god, when KU's big guys do anything a foul is called on the defender. They're already 100x better, refs! You don't need to give them a handicap on top of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom