• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
BertramCooper said:
So how much should I expect to pay for a seat for Friday night's games in Newark?

StubHub doesn't have anything for less than $245. Does that seem high? I have no experience buying NCAA postseason tickets.

I probably will just end up going down there and buying from scalpers.

For comparison sake, I'm a grad student at Carolina and we had our lottery for those tickets go through today. If you won (I did not) tickets were $200 for the games for students, so I'd say $245 is pretty good.

Brendonia said:
For comparison sake, I'm a grad student at Carolina and we had our lottery for those tickets go through today. If you won (I did not) tickets were $200 for the games for students, so I'd say $245 is pretty good.

Student also get the shittiest seats, I could have gotten tickets for our games up in Cleveland for around $200 for all 3 sessions. I decided to get them on my own to get better seats.

Also:

PearlRally.jpg

Bowser

Hm, StubHub has Upper Mezzanine tickets right behind one of the baskets for $224 per. Still not sure if it's worth it, but then again, working in NYC, when's the next time I can see my Heels live?

Okay, I finally bit.

Got a mezzanine seat behind the basket for about $260. The listed price was $225, but naturally, StubHub tacked on about $40 worth of random fees (and that's without shipping - I'm picking it up in person).

Considering I get both Friday night games, I can't complain.

Man I cant wait until the first round games are back in Columbus next year. The past two times they were here I got midcourt 12 rows from the court seats from my connections. It was 12+ hours of basketball for 2 days, was so awesome. Hope I get the hook up again next year.

Bowser

BertramCooper said:
Okay, I finally bit.

Got a mezzanine seat behind the basket for about $260. The listed price was $225, but naturally, StubHub tacked on about $40 worth of random fees (and that's without shipping - I'm picking it up in person).

Considering I get both Friday night games, I can't complain.

I think I was looking at the same seats...are they Mezzanine or Upper Mezzanine (gotta believe Upper Mez if they were listed at $225)?. I was actually going to see if someone else going to Newark wanted to get in on these: http://ncaa.officialticketexchange.com/Tickets.aspx?eid=934517

$250 per for Section 14, row 7 behind the basket. Only problem is I can't buy a single ticket, have to get them in pairs. Anyone thinking about trying to split?

edit: bleh, these have a $50 fee per ticket so it ends up being $300 per :|

DarkWish

So the VCU team left Richmond today, and we had like a mini pep rally. It was kind of lame to be honest cause it was supposed to be from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm but it went from 2:45 pm to 3 pm, so that sucked. But a bunch of people showed up and we all showed our school spirit and the pep band played and everything. I got to shake Jamie Skeen's hand as well and wished him good luck. So yea, this is what everyone is talking about here on campus, we're all excited for the game on Friday. I'll probably try and find some place Friday night to watch the game with others. Can't wait! Go Rams!

EDIT: So our school had a lottery where they picked 100 people to bus down to Texas and back. All they had to do if picked was pay the $180 for a ticket and they would take care of the rest like hotel. My roommate didn't make it and was pissed, but he tried talking to everyone he could to see if there was a spot remaining. Well, he just got a call saying he could go and now he's flipping shit. So yea, he's heading to Texas for the Sweet 16 game and if we make it, the Elite 8 game as well. So that'll be cool for him to support our team from there.

DJ_Tet

Banned
sooperkool said:
I know I am in the minority but I likied it when there were more afternoon games.

It's disappointing that after the first, errrr second and third round games were so spread out, that they are going back to the old format of basically playing two night games at the same time.

I know we'll be able to see all four games and all the endings, but unless you watch the first two games in shifts you're basically going to have the score ruined for you. Of course with no rooting interest and if there is a blowout it won't matter, but if both games are close I'm going to have to basically wait until the first game ends and just watch the end of the second game.

Should have spread it out more.

I am all kind of nervous for BYU tonight! I hope they win!

at the same time getting to the sweet sixteen felt like a victory with this team..

RISE AND SHOUT

Sir Pant

Finally, tonight has come! Been waiting since Sunday for more basketball...

Let's go SDSU!

I don't care about my bracket anymore, so the more upsets/interesting games the better at this point. Although I don't care much for BYU....

Sir Pant said:
Finally, tonight has come! Been waiting since Sunday for more basketball...

Let's go SDSU!

I don't care about my bracket anymore, so the more upsets/interesting games the better at this point. Although I don't care much for BYU....
Not gonna happen with SDSU. Sorry. I hate Connecticut and hope they win but...not gonna happen.

JetBlackPanda said:
I am all kind of nervous for BYU tonight! I hope they win!

at the same time getting to the sweet sixteen felt like a victory with this team..

RISE AND SHOUT

For me its win/win. If BYU wins I get to root them on as a Utah team.

If they lose I can rip on them for weeks because they are BYU.

Good times.

Sir Pant

Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
Not gonna happen with SDSU. Sorry. I hate Connecticut and hope they win but...not gonna happen.

Yeah I don't really see it happening either, but there's always a slim chance. I think it's more likely than Arizona > Duke though.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
bucknuticus said:
Student also get the shittiest seats, I could have gotten tickets for our games up in Cleveland for around $200 for all 3 sessions. I decided to get them on my own to get better seats.

True, but Sweet 16 tickets are more expensive than opening round. Opening rounds in Charlotte were ~ $70/session for students last week.

HeySeuss

bucknuticus said:
We have the potential to make a historic run in the tourney. We might have to beat the 4 most storied programs in basketball history.
Do you live in the Columbus area? Because if so, Stanley said this same thing today in a sports talk show on 97.1. I really hope you're not just repeating what that dope said...

Although he's right, but its already been said.

SyNapSe

Oh, man. MASSIVE flop by Parsons there that wasn't called. LOL at that, Duke never even imagined flopping that bad. Hell, the Duke soccer team never tried that hard.

Holy shit at this sloppiness on the Gator's offense. They are double teaming as soon as we get the ball inside. Need to start sinking some threes, guys. Oh, and stop throwing the ball to nobody or to the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom