• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida still looking sloppy. They're lucky BYU can't drain many shots, or this would be a total blowout.

They're playing into BYU's fast paced style. If they maintained possession of the ball and played a more half court oriented style, looks inside would open up and they'd build a substantial lead AND much more time would elapse.

Timeout now though. I'm sure Donovan knows what to do.

overcast said:
"Good" players are arguably just as important. You do need that one star, but if you don't have a solid core it's pointless. Look at the knicks.

Is Jimmer a player that can be on a championship team? He's going to be one of the worst defenders in NBA history and he's a ball dominant scorer who won't be able to finish at the rim in the NBA. There's 50 players in the NBA who score at a level Jimmer probably will never reach and all of them except for Curry and Amar'e play way better defense. While the NBA rules make it extremely hard to guard PGs, you still have to rotate extremely well to be part of a championship core.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Is Jimmer a player that can be on a championship team? He's going to be one of the worst defenders in NBA history and he's a ball dominant scorer who won't be able to finish at the rim in the NBA. There's 50 players in the NBA who score at a level Jimmer probably will never reach and all of them except for Curry and Amar'e play way better defense. While the NBA rules make it extremely hard to guard PGs, you still have to rotate extremely well to be part of a championship core.
You act like defense is important in the NBA, or anyone plays it for that matter.

diehard

Fleer
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
In your post you mentioned Curry, they said the exact same things about him and look how good he is.

Barrett2

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Honestly, nobody really knows. Five years from now Jimmer could be a total washout or an All Star, and in either scenario, people will just say, 'yeah, that makes sense.'

It's all a crap shoot.

bucknuticus said:
You act like defense is important in the NBA, or anyone plays it for that matter.

The title contenders play defense.

In your post you mentioned Curry, they said the exact same things about him and look how good he is.

Almost everything can probably still apply to Curry, the Warriors are an awful team despite having elite scorers and shooters everywhere. Curry also is a way better passer and is a more natural point guard. Maybe that is being unfair to Curry though because he hasn't reached his third year which is generally the breakout year for point guards and he is a really good offensive player.

jjasper

giga said:
Adam Morrison was a beast in college.

And people expected him to be the next Larry Bird for some reason. All people are expecting from Jimmer is to come in and hit some threes and stretch defenses.

pxleyes

Banned
When I look at recently successful players like him, I first think of jj reddick. He was a beast in college, but he has had to heard his time in the NBA.

methodman

Banned
pxleyes said:
When I look at recently successful players like him, I first think of jj reddick. He was a beast in college, but he has had to heard his time in the NBA.
because why?

I KNOW

I KNOW!!

PICK ME. I KNOW!!!

he's white! what a surprise

giga

Gully State said:
Whatever the case, barring any cataclysmic injury....Jimmer is going to play in the NBA...There's always a spot for a good shooter...
JJ Redick is a solid backup now, though I credit him for working his ass off.

pxleyes

Banned
methodman said:
because why?

I KNOW

I KNOW!!

PICK ME. I KNOW!!!

he's white! what a surprise
Lol, I was thinking more in terms of questionable NBA potential and having to develop it in the NBA to have any chance at success. Ask taurean green how it can go the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom