• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ickman3400 said:
Seriously, I want these guys to tell me the last NBA champ who couldn't play defense because I don't remember any recently. You see these 50-60 point games in college because they can't fucking shoot, not because the D is so good. Butler shot 35% as a team and won.

Just because final scores in college are halftime-middle 3rd scores in NBA doesn't mean they don't play D. Christ..

edit: and let's see how Jimmer, the un-athletic guy bricking 35 foot 3s all night and college player of the year, fares in the pros. He's another JJ Reddick, who can barely get off the bench on a team that only has 1 good player. Remember Adam Morrison from the same year? Eternal bench player.

Yeah, if Luke Babbitt stayed in school another year, he probably would have won Player of the Year this year. In the NBA? He's played like ten minutes this season on a team devastated by injuries and is statistically one of the five worst players in the NBA and is even worse on defense.

Pollux

Kalnos said:
UK couldn't throw it in the ocean.

It looks like they haven't learned anything between the beginning of the year and now. Cal needs to straighten this team out or its game over.

Smokey

Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
Why the need to crap up this thread with all this NBA nonsense.

just pointing out the superiority of basketball in this game versus that "shit in the NBA"

Kentucky 21
UCONN 31

RDreamer

I personally like watching college basketball a bit more than NBA not because of the players (which I know are worse in college), but because of the rules and enforcement. NBA games are too drawn out on fouls. The game also emphasizes running to the basket and getting fouled. It seems like the refs will call a foul if someone so much as breathes on the guy wrongly. Sometimes that's just not fun to watch at all. It seems to me like in college they let them play the damned game for the most part.

Seth C

Probably the worst half of basketball we have played the entire season. L O L. I'm glad I drove 15 fucking hours overnight after working all day to see this.

Pollux

Seth C said:
Probably the worst half of basketball we have played the entire season. L O L. I'm glad I drove 15 fucking hours overnight after working all day to see this.

Looks the same as maui....we need to get our heads out of our asses and hit some damn shots.

Proelite

Don't worry UK fans, you guys are playing for a vacated championship appearance or title anyways.
I don't mean it

RDreamer said:
I personally like watching college basketball a bit more than NBA not because of the players (which I know are worse in college), but because of the rules and enforcement. NBA games are too drawn out on fouls. The game also emphasizes running to the basket and getting fouled. It seems like the refs will call a foul if someone so much as breathes on the guy wrongly. Sometimes that's just not fun to watch at all. It seems to me like in college they let them play the damned game for the most part.

THIS. I love basketball so I'd watch just about anything but the NBA is infuriating at times due to the Refs but then again College is no different at time...it's just less obvious.

The NBA have refs who look mob affiliated. C'mon man..

chuckddd said:
Seriously? Big name schools cheat, therefore all of them do? That's what we're going with?

Whatever, dude. I'll give you the following:
* the successful college football schools cheat. There's too much money there for it to be clean in any way, shape or form.
* the "great recruiting" basketball schools, that get the best players year in year out, do it dishonestly. Whether they cheat outright is up to the program. UNC and Duke, as much as I hate them, probably do it more or less fairly because they're UNC and Duke. But when Ohio State and Kansas State are all of a sudden pulling in major recruits, it should set off alarm bells. They're offering something other programs aren't willing to.

This does not imply that all schools pay players, pay players' families, etc etc. If anything, there's such a clear distinction between the haves and have nots that it's pretty easy to make some educated guesses.

Seth C

Houston had better set up the highways in hurricane mode, because the exodus will be massive when VCU and Kentucky fans leave town tomorrow. UCONN has about a thousand fans here. Their band didn't even bother to show up for the pep rally.

SamuraiX-

Knux-Future said:

3m6tqpj

SamuraiX-

Seth C said:
Houston had better set up the highways in hurricane mode, because the exodus will be massive when VCU and Kentucky fans leave town tomorrow. UCONN has about a thousand fans here. Their band didn't even bother to show up for the pep rally.

37oosq2

giga

Knux-Future said:
THIS. I love basketball so I'd watch just about anything but the NBA is infuriating at times due to the Refs but then again College is no different at time...it's just less obvious.

How's Evan Turner treatin ya?

DominoKid

Bowser said:
What did I say? 12/22 to 2/12. Of fucking course.

Meh i'm not too bothered about it. It's dumbass Roy's fault for conceding the 3 point line.

I keep holding out hope that one day he'll learn better. Calhoun's smarter than that...I think.

SamuraiX-

Kentucky keeps running the same fucking play.

UConn really needs to stop trying to cut off Knight from cutting.

Let him try to beat you. Don't leave the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom