• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Kentucky fans have no reason to be depressed right now.

Your team is gonna be beastly scary next season depending on who actually declares for the draft this year.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
kkaabboomm said:
OK. So I'm home, and have had time to decompress. Sad? Yes. But whatever, we made it to the Final Four, and are set to dominate next year, too. Atmosphere was great, but the shots just werent falling in the first half and for that ungodly bad stretch near the end of the second.

Still, had a great time, was center court 25 rows up across from the benches, and while it was sad to see us lose, we did get to the Final Four in a year when we weren't supposed to, and did so in awesome fashion exacting revenge on numerous opponents along the way.

Go cats go!

Were you able to scalp your tickets for tonight's game? Curious due to numerous outlets of bad journalism telling me to expect plenty of empty seats tonight. And congrats. Enjoy the banner while it lasts.

chuckddd said:
Were you able to scalp your tickets for tonight's game? Curious due to numerous outlets of bad journalism telling me to expect plenty of empty seats tonight. And congrats. Enjoy the banner while it lasts.

I'm 99.999% confident this banner will stick. Sandy Bell (UK Compliance) has been up Cal+crews ass since he got here, crossing every T and dotting every I. I didn't pre-buy championship tickets, I had a line on section 124 (125 was behind UK bench, 124 was 1 section closer to the band) row 7, right on the aisle next to 125, so baseline, were UK to have made it that far. but we didnt. reliant is going to be no where NEAR as packed.

example: this is the UCONN student section, for the national championship game, tonight:
yE5bz.jpg

you'll see on TV tonight a stadium not full of the 75K+ that were with me on saturday.

jakncoke

Banned
kkaabboomm said:
I'm 99.999% confident this banner will stick. Sandy Bell (UK Compliance) has been up Cal+crews ass since he got here, crossing every T and dotting every I. I didn't pre-buy championship tickets, I had a line on section 124 (125 was behind UK bench, 124 was 1 section closer to the band) row 7, right on the aisle next to 125, so baseline, were UK to have made it that far. but we didnt. reliant is going to be no where NEAR as packed.

example: this is the UCONN student section, for the national championship game, tonight:
http://i.imgur.com/yE5bz.jpgIMG]

you'll see on TV tonight a stadium not full of the 75K+ that were with me on saturday.[/QUOTE]

lmao.

chuckddd said:
Forgive me if you've read this rant before, but...

Flopping in basketball came into vogue when Euros started sullying up the sport. I'm looking at you, Vlade Divac! Apparently, in Europe, basketball is played a little too much like soccer. MAN UP! Team USA should have a slogan of "we don't dive". That would work for futbowl, or whatever it is, too.
I'd say Bill Laimbeer was the first big flopper.

TylerD

Go Butler! Great story for the "little" guy to win and well deserved since they made to to the NC 2 years in a row.

SamuraiX- said:
Kentucky fans have no reason to be depressed right now.

Your team is gonna be beastly scary next season depending on who actually declares for the draft this year.

Even if Knight and Jones declare, Anthony Davis and Michael Gilchrist along with their other recruits is still a Final Four team, they're going to be awesome.

jjasper

bucknuticus said:
When Fox used to have the BCS games I think they were the worst, arry Alvarez for real?

Yeah those guys definitely put up a fight.

Next question: O/U on years till Disney releases the movie if Butler wins? 10?

pxleyes

Banned
jjasper said:
Pretty representative of the quality of play this year.
Ya, more or less. I suppose I cant complain because the game is tied. Would be worse if this was a blowout. At least the potential for an exciting ending is still in high.

jakncoke

Banned
Butler back in the 20's shooting pct.. lol

Edit: Just remembered yellowcard return tour or whatever score prediction for tie break.. lol yeah about that. cooter got the tie breaker in his back pocket if uconn can win

Anthony Davis needs to save this sport.

Not really, but there was almost no talent in college basketball this season and that made it a little hard to watch like the Ammo-Reddick-Tyrus-George Mason year. It's nice that next year's recruiting class is really good though, should improve the overall level of play.

jjasper

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Not really, but there was almost no talent in college basketball this season and that made it a little hard to watch like the Ammo-Reddick-Tyrus-George Mason year. It's nice that next year's recruiting class is really good though, should improve the overall level of play.

At this point college basketball's quality is almost entirely determined by the freshman class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom