• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

Shin Dynamo X said:
You're crazy. Shaka was "smart" to stay. This Final 4 will have legs for nearly a decade at VCU. He knows he needs more experience. Besides, I heard the VCU matched his NC State offer. He can get VCU to the tourney a lot easier than NC State and he don't have to worry about players bouncing to the NBA. Besides, he is now king of Richmond and the city is in love with him. WHo needs big name schools when u are getting paid like one $$$?

Why go to a graveyard school where you are always looking up at UNC and Duke's ass all the time? It's like Barcelona and Read Madrid every year. If he went to NC State, then he'll be fired within 3 years if he can't meet expectation and get them in deep in the tourney. Heck, look at Anthony Grant....if he doesn't step it up then he may get axed.

NIT ain't good enough for the big boys.

Case and point...Billy Gillispie

Elfforkusu said:
Butler's made pretty much every open shot I've seen them take. But okay, clearly they suck at shooting.

(they haven't many open looks)

They've made six shots TOTAL. SIX. So a few were open, well guess what not every shot is going to be open. Missing contested shots, or not creating better shot opportunities, is bad basketball.

Ninja Scooter said:
They've made six shots TOTAL. SIX. So a few were open, well guess what not every shot is going to be open. Missing contested shots, or not creating better shot opportunities, is bad basketball.
I understand that for many of you this is the 4th college basketball game you've watched all year, so I guess the ignorance is forgivable.

However, you're still wrong!

In case it seems like I'm trolling, I'm not. The NBA would look similar to this if not for the way they call the games (travelling, star treatment)

Elfforkusu said:
I understand that for many of you this is the 4th college basketball game you've watched all year, so I guess the ignorance is forgivable.

Yeah going 6 for 27 is fantastic basketball. Somebody should tell Kobe Bryant he had an excellent shooting night in game 7 of the Finals cause all this time he thought he sucked!

beast786

Elfforkusu said:

This is the best half since 1946

Ninja Scooter said:
Yeah going 6 for 27 is fantastic basketball. Somebody should tell Kobe Bryant he had an excellent shooting night in game 7 of the Finals cause all this time he thought he sucked!
They're up by 3, bro. Best two teams in the country!

In a vacuum I wouldn't be making this argument, but it just so happens that I actually watched the first half. It was not poorly played by any stretch of the imagination.

Elfforkusu said:

Way to be a dick.

They are missing a lot of open shots and not getting to teh rim or good looks.

That is a bad thing.

beast786

Ninja Scooter said:

but he made all his open shots

Pollux

I can't even bring myself to watch this game after how Kentucky blew it on sat....time to go get started on teh research paper. FML

Ninja Scooter said:
against actual elite athletes and defenders and not guys that will be in grad school 2 years from now?
Yes, and it makes for shit basketball. But there's lots of points scored, so I'm sure you'll like it. Give it a try (there's probably a game going on right now!)

Elfforkusu said:
Yes, and it makes for shit basketball. But there's lots of points scored, so I'm sure you'll like it. Give it a try (there's probably a game going on right now!)

No i'd rather watch a local YMCA pickup quality game decide the NCAA Division 1 championship.

Ninja Scooter said:
No i'd rather watch a local YMCA pickup quality game decide the NCAA Division 1 championship.

you don't get it man, they play great zone d in college so it's more interesting....or something.

Knux-Future said:
Someone Tell Howard to quit shooting 3's...Get in that paint son.
The whole of Butler could deal with this advice. Unfortunately for them UConn is fond of shot-blocking, so it's pretty much all jump shots all night.

Ickman3400 said:
you don't get it man, they play great zone d in college so it's more interesting....or something.
It's closer to the actual game of basketball. If you don't like basketball, that's okay too. There's a whole professional association made especially for you.

Knux-Future said:
Someone Tell Howard to quit shooting 3's...Get in that paint son.
He can't get a decent shot up in the paint against Utah's bigs. If he spotted up anywhere inside of 20ft he might be useful today.

Sir Pant said:
Ugh what is butlers shooting percentage? This is just awful... Pick it up!!
It's basically up to Mack and Howard at this point. They need to get a little 2 man game going, that's the only matchup they have on that end.

SamuraiX-

Elfforkusu said:
It's closer to the actual game of basketball. If you don't like basketball, that's okay too. There's a whole professional association made especially for you.

9knl7q.gif

LProtag

Just walked by Gampel Pavillion while I was going to get food. There's tons of people in there. Also UConn has hired a DJ sitting outside the building.

I also overheard kids talking about what buildings they're going to burn down tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom