• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

That was an atrocious half. Uconn should just chuck. They will get enough offense rebounds for cheap baskets and it should be enough in the end.

jakncoke

Banned
If things don't change the winner of this game will likely be in the 50's score wise. That hasn't happened since Jimmy V's NC St beat Houston 54-52 in 1983

jjasper said:
Bo Ryan posts here?
Just the type of unrefined opinion I'd expect from a Tennessee fan.
2jcpli.jpg

Smokey said:

dat zone defense and team play

:lol

seriously...that was bad

I mean this in all seriousness. That was maybe the worst half of basketball I've ever seen, pro or college and excluding women's. I understand jitters, but that's supposed to end after the first 4 minutes or so.

alr1ghtstart said:
This is an ugly ass game. The defense is decent, but the offense is just dreadful.
This isn't really true. The defense is really good, but the offenses are screening and passing pretty damn well. Dudes are just missing shots right now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Elfforkusu said:
This isn't really true. The defense is really good, but the offenses are screening and passing pretty damn well. Dudes are just missing shots right now.

okay...that's my point.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
jjasper said:
At this point college basketball's quality is almost entirely determined by the freshman class.

But its usually the teams with experience and talent that win. It is what it is. Even borderline NBA talent bolts at the 1st sign of money. Unless that changes, get used to your Butlers, your VCUs and George Masons.

alr1ghtstart said:
okay...that's my point.
OK, but I see way too many dweebs saying the game is terrible quality, when it's just extremely physical, slow tempo... but extremely well played. It just happens that both teams were cold in the first half.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
"That was the worst half of basketball I've ever seen in the NCAA championship game." - Greg Anthony
Case in point!

It's like when the Super Bowl is low scoring and everyone bitches about how bad it is. Shut up, noobs!

jjasper said:
Bo Ryan posts here?

Ben Howland probably watched that first half and jacked off the entire time.

Elfforkusu said:
OK, but I see way too many dweebs saying the game is terrible quality, when it's just extremely physical, slow tempo... but extremely well played. It just happens that both teams were cold in the first half.

Case in point!

It's like when the Super Bowl is low scoring and everyone bitches about how bad it is. Shut up, noobs!

Making shots is a fundamental part of basketball. Shooting 20% from the field is not "extremely well played" by any definition. If the Super Bowl is low scoring because of good defense and not poor, sloppy offense, than people wouldn't bitch.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Elfforkusu said:
Case in point!

It would like a football game with constant fumbles and dropped passes.

jjasper

truly101 said:
But its usually the teams with experience and talent that win. It is what it is. Even borderline NBA talent bolts at the 1st sign of money. Unless that changes, get used to your Butlers, your VCUs and George Masons.

I have no problem with who is in the game as long as the game is good (last years was one of the best). And yeah I agree the teams that win have a good mix of the freshman phenoms and the Junior/Seniors with the needed experience.

SamuraiX-

0 assists for Kemba?

The halftime crew is right. That definitely needs to change in the 2nd half if UConn is gonna take this home.

Elfforkusu said:

In no way, shape or form is both teams shooting in the 20% range well played basketball. That's not even acceptable in high school basketball, let alone a championship game. It's truly terrible in every way.

But I guess they're just playing great zone D and team ball....

TylerD

Ickman3400 said:
I mean this in all seriousness. That was maybe the worst half of basketball I've ever seen, pro or college and excluding women's. I understand jitters, but that's supposed to end after the first 4 minutes or so.
I didn't see it but I would imagine that the Penn St. / Wisconsin game that ended 36-33 would have been worse. That night Jimmer scored 52.

Ickman3400 said:
In no way, shape or form is both teams shooting in the 20% range well played basketball. That's not even acceptable in high school basketball, let alone a championship game. It's truly terrible in every way.

But I guess they're just playing great zone D and team ball....
Butler's made pretty much every open shot I've seen them take. But okay, clearly they suck at shooting.

(they haven't many open looks)

Tamanon

Banned
Didn't Mike and mike have one of their intern's moms predict Butler and UConn in the finals and an absurdly low score? Be hilarious if she nails it.

Pollux

truly101 said:
Everyone has thought that for the past 2 years.

Yes we have underachieved lately...damnit i wanted to play y'all last year....coulda been GREAT. LIKE '92 OR '98 ALL OVER AGAIN.

TylerD said:
I didn't see it but I would imagine that the Penn St. / Wisconsin game that ended 36-33 would have been worse. That night Jimmer scored 52.
Yes, any time the score is in the 30s you can be absolutely certain that not only was it slow paced, but a terribly played game.

sooperkool said:
Bad move for Shaka, VCU won't be back and he won't see those kind of offers again.

You're crazy. Shaka was "smart" to stay. This Final 4 will have legs for nearly a decade at VCU. He knows he needs more experience. Besides, I heard the VCU matched his NC State offer. He can get VCU to the tourney a lot easier than NC State and he don't have to worry about players bouncing to the NBA. Besides, he is now king of Richmond and the city is in love with him. WHo needs big name schools when u are getting paid like one $$$?

Why go to a graveyard school where you are always looking up at UNC and Duke's ass all the time? It's like Barcelona and Read Madrid every year. If he went to NC State, then he'll be fired within 3 years if he can't meet expectation and get them in deep in the tourney. Heck, look at Anthony Grant....if he doesn't step it up then he may get axed.

NIT ain't good enough for the big boys.

Silkworm

elephantsonparade said:
This game is shades of the Penn St. Wisconsin debacle i witnessed in the B1G tourney. I couldn't even watch even as a UW alum.
It might be a shade, but it's a weak shade of that debacle. 36-33.... a 36-33 friggin final score!!! Arghghghghhghg! At least this game should get into the 40s *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom